Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pink Cyst on Neck is annoying

Final_Divinity

Being forced to wait a week before removing the cyst.

Pros: ???

Cons: Deters some players from using their Warframes for a week. It looks bad. 

Allowing the cyst to be removed without waiting a week.

Pros: People won’t avoid using a frake for a week. Can optionally remove something that looks bad right away.

Why would people be against making the cyst removed earlier? 

7 hours ago, (XB1)Sasuke 99I said:

Being forced to wait a week before removing the cyst.

Pros: ???

Cons: Deters some players from using their Warframes for a week. It looks bad. 

Allowing the cyst to be removed without waiting a week.

Pros: People won’t avoid using a frake for a week. Can optionally remove something that looks bad right away.

Why would people be against making the cyst removed earlier? 

1) How many people do you think are actually deterred from using their frames for a week? I have a suspicion that the number is actually really low. We've got one person who has responded saying that they finally figured out what the cyst was recently. They previously thought it was a glitch. If I'm not mistaken the user has an account on this forum stretching back to 2015. Let that sink in. 

2) What do you know about breeding companions? Yeah most folks realise that the cyst is needed to make a special type of companion. But do you know that companion breeding is another part of fashionframe? Did you know that there's different body types and different heights of kubrow? On the other breeds you can use genetic imprints to get similar breeds and body types but height is random. With the helminth charger you gotta try, try and try again until you get it right. Each time, you need a full grown cyst. 

How many times do you think you would need to get a reasonable chance at a max height "omega" helminth charger? 

That's the pro that you put "???" for. 😉

6 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

1) How many people do you think are actually deterred from using their frames for a week? I have a suspicion that the number is actually really low. We've got one person who has responded saying that they finally figured out what the cyst was recently. They previously thought it was a glitch. If I'm not mistaken the user has an account on this forum stretching back to 2015. Let that sink in. 

2) What do you know about breeding companions? Yeah most folks realise that the cyst is needed to make a special type of companion. But do you know that companion breeding is another part of fashionframe? Did you know that there's different body types and different heights of kubrow? On the other breeds you can use genetic imprints to get similar breeds and body types but height is random. With the helminth charger you gotta try, try and try again until you get it right. Each time, you need a full grown cyst. 

How many times do you think you would need to get a reasonable chance at a max height "omega" helminth charger? 

That's the pro that you put "???" for. 😉

That’s not a pro of being forced to though. If you have the option to remove the cyst before a whole week, you could choose to wait the week and still get the Helminth. There is no pro of being forced to wait over a week compared to being able to choose when you want to remove it. Even if the amount of people who don’t use a frame is low, they still exist. Even so, the cyst is a negative to a lot of people, even if it is a tiny negative. Proof? I almost never see anyone with a fully grown cyst. They remove it. That means they didn’t want it on their frame. Allowing the option to remove the cyst whenever is a positive thing. It harms no one and benefits a lot of people.

Sure you have the point of “You won’t notice it in missions so who cares lol.” The thing is when you are in the Orbiter, menu, or navigation, it’s obiously there. It looks bad. “You can just wait a week.” Why though? 1 week of cyst or no cyst from the start? What purpose does waiting a week just for the cyst to be removable? 

Your entire point 2 is irrelevant. You can still do all those things if didn’t have to wait a whole week to remove the cyst. Plus once you get the Helminth you want, why should you be forced to deal with the cyst on every single frame you create? Name me one thing in favor of being forced to wait a week compared to removing it at any point.

I agree with the OP, it's a "game mechanic" that I have no interest and should be able to avoid or opt out. Other players "carry" this artificial infection so it's not like avoiding Infested missions means you don't get it. If it doesn't bother you, then fine, have fun. But I don't like getting a new frame and having to sideline it for days because I don't like I'm stuck with looking it at while it leisurely gets to "maturity" to be removed when DE could just as easily let you zap it at first appearance if you don't want it. I've had to sit through this for the 30 odd frames I have and then every time a new frame is released or one I don't have is acquired, I have to go through it again 🤔

I would really rather pass on that. The problem is people who have a dissenting opinion are ridiculed in posts like these for sharing their opinion. No one ever said to get rid of it, just make it an option for people not interested in that option. Really simple and not worth insults whether you agree or disagree.

51 minutes ago, ajwalker65 said:

I agree with the OP, it's a "game mechanic" that I have no interest and should be able to avoid or opt out. Other players "carry" this artificial infection so it's not like avoiding Infested missions means you don't get it. If it doesn't bother you, then fine, have fun. But I don't like getting a new frame and having to sideline it for days because I don't like I'm stuck with looking it at while it leisurely gets to "maturity" to be removed when DE could just as easily let you zap it at first appearance if you don't want it. I've had to sit through this for the 30 odd frames I have and then every time a new frame is released or one I don't have is acquired, I have to go through it again 🤔

I would really rather pass on that. The problem is people who have a dissenting opinion are ridiculed in posts like these for sharing their opinion. No one ever said to get rid of it, just make it an option for people not interested in that option. Really simple and not worth insults whether you agree or disagree.

You have to sideline it? I just got my Rhino prime a couple of days ago. There's a cyst. I didn't know that I have to sideline it, I levelled that sucker up, dropped in a potato, messed with his paint job and have been painting the town red. Maybe I will sideline the next one now that I know. 

Now, here's the thing, when you get rid of it, it's supposed to be a permanent fix. While I am sure that you and I know what that means, and when we make the choice we accept the consequences. But there are folks who will rush to inoculate every frame they own, only to find out that means that they're blocked from growing a charger. Then they'll be up in arms demanding to be allowed to be infected despite making the conscious choice of having all cysts removed. 

Right here on the thread there's someone who admits to initially hating the cyst and then loving the chargers. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Sasuke 99I said:

That’s not a pro of being forced to though. If you have the option to remove the cyst before a whole week, you could choose to wait the week and still get the Helminth. There is no pro of being forced to wait over a week compared to being able to choose when you want to remove it. Even if the amount of people who don’t use a frame is low, they still exist. Even so, the cyst is a negative to a lot of people, even if it is a tiny negative. Proof? I almost never see anyone with a fully grown cyst. They remove it. That means they didn’t want it on their frame. Allowing the option to remove the cyst whenever is a positive thing. It harms no one and benefits a lot of people.

Sure you have the point of “You won’t notice it in missions so who cares lol.” The thing is when you are in the Orbiter, menu, or navigation, it’s obiously there. It looks bad. “You can just wait a week.” Why though? 1 week of cyst or no cyst from the start? What purpose does waiting a week just for the cyst to be removable? 

Your entire point 2 is irrelevant. You can still do all those things if didn’t have to wait a whole week to remove the cyst. Plus once you get the Helminth you want, why should you be forced to deal with the cyst on every single frame you create? Name me one thing in favor of being forced to wait a week compared to removing it at any point.

Yeah you could, but not after rushing to have them removed from every frame. Lower infectious period means fewer people may contract it and you end up with a situation where people have to actively try to get infected. 

You say that even if the number is low they still exist, well what about the number who just never remove them? Would that be a foil that counters the number who never use the frame while the cyst grows? Remember we're talking about a week in real time, not game hours. For a lot of folks that's mostly "dead" time anyway. Do we point out that 7 days is actually less than 12 hours for most folks? 

Half of the time in the orbiter it's still not really noticeable, because the camera only picks up one side of you. 

You ask "why though" as though that's a reason in itself. The equally valid "why not" will be answer enough. 

And no, it's not irrelevant. You can grow a charger in a lot less time than you can grow a cyst. So if you want to try for a different build, height, sex, etc, the randomness means that either you want multiple uninnoculated frames or you can expect to sacrifice whole herds of goats to the gods of rng, and still end up waiting years for the perfect one. 

You say you almost never see anyone with a fully grown cyst, 9 times out of 10 a friend has to tell me to look at his frame for me to notice anything beyond what frame they have on and possibly what weapon they have. Is it possible that you just don't notice it as much as you think? Remember if you barely notice what's on your own frame, you will have even less of an eye for others. Go back a couple of pages and see that someone thought it was a glitch without making a big deal but now that they know it's a cyst they're ranting about how disgusting and revolting it is. 

Now, about it looking bad, I suppose you may have a point, so I offer the suggestion, kit your frame out in pink. You'll notice it less. 

How about a happy medium, many of the cosmetic things in the game cost plat. You can take it off, and keep it off for a minimum of a year, after 24 hours, by paying 15 plat, because it's a riskier surgery. That way all the folks who are so very very troubled, will have a very reasonable minimum wait time for their fashionframe to resume. 

I expect to see all of the folks who are upset backing that idea fully. 

As for the one good reason why we should be forced to wait, : puns. That way when someone is introduced to the game and gets a look at it for the first time and asks what that thing is, you can say 'a cyst, at first I thought it looked gross, but over time it grows on you'. 😎

😂

9 hours ago, Eienlanzer said:

This whole thread is a vocal minority. They know how to remove it. Now, let's talk about something that matters.

This response is a vocal minority, and such should be completely dismissed.

Instead of making a thread about "something that matters", I'm going to be dumb.

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yeah you could, but not after rushing to have them removed from every frame. Lower infectious period means fewer people may contract it and you end up with a situation where people have to actively try to get infected

This is not true. If you removed the cyst via Helminth and touch another player’s uninfected frame, it still gives them the cyst. That situation you describe can’t happen.

You say that even if the number is low they still exist, well what about the number who just never remove them?

Then they don’t remove them? What’s your point?

You ask "why though" as though that's a reason in itself. The equally valid "why not" will be answer enough. 

Becuase it is a negative part of the experience. That's why you should be able to remove it.

You say you almost never see anyone with a fully grown cyst, 9 times out of 10 a friend has to tell me to look at his frame for me to notice anything beyond what frame they have on and possibly what weapon they have.

When I go on a relay, I don’t see any cysts. When I go to Maroo’s Bazaar, I don’t see cysts. When I invite someone to a dojo, I don’t see cysts. While waiting for the last player at extraction, I don’t see cysts. The only time I see cysts is when they can’t be removed yet.

Also 

Then they'll be up in arms demanding to be allowed to be infected despite making the conscious choice of having all cysts removed

But they can still make a charger. If they are at the point where they just learned about chargers, they most likely haven’t acquired every single frame. Once they get a new frame, they can just make one.

Now, about it looking bad, I suppose you may have a point, so I offer the suggestion, kit your frame out in pink. You'll notice it less. 

So the solution to making your frame not have a tiny spot that sucks is make the whole thing had? Wow. Even with pink, it still looks bad btw.

How about a happy medium, many of the cosmetic things in the game cost plat. You can take it off, and keep it off for a minimum of a year, after 24 hours, by paying 15 plat, because it's a riskier surgery. That way all the folks who are so very very troubled, will have a very reasonable minimum wait time for their fashionframe to resume. 

I expect to see all of the folks who are upset backing that idea fully.

Now you’re just trolling.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

Okay, final offer: You can remove the cyst early, but it costs 20p.

20p for the blueprint to create an antidote after 5 'frames have been cured, deal.

However this gets handled, it would be nice if it fit into the game somehow, so it isn't just "SpaceNinjaMagic, bchs"

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Sasuke 99I said:

20p so I can permanently remove the cyst early on any frame that gets it? Deal!

15 per frame isn't more reasonable?That's what I proposed and you said I was trolling, but here you're agreeing to 20? Thats trolling, or you need to be getting some bed rest and a course in consumer arithmetic. 

As for the rest of the post you made above, you were very careful about avoiding quoting anything that you don't want to answer, weren't you? Well let's see how that game goes, shall we? 

3 hours ago, (XB1)Sasuke 99I said:

That situation you describe can’t happen.

That's pretty much the best answer someone can give, especially to all the people who are demanding that they should be able to remove the cyst early isn't it? Or maybe not? 

When I go on a relay, I don’t see any cysts. 

Yeah me neither, because half of the time people look ghostly, and the other half I'm busy playing the game not looking at them. BTW I don't have access to an xbox to compare, how are the graphics over there? Legit question. I tell you what, just to be sure, start asking everyone you encounter how long they've been sporting the cysts, even the ones that don't look like they have. 

Then they don’t remove them? What’s your point?

That claims that there are people who are so troubled by it that they can't bear to play the game, involve extreme outliers and their hangups are no less unusual than the opposite side of the coin. If we cater for them, then you start down the slippery slope. Or put simply that what I was responding to isn't a very valid point. 

If they are at the point where they just learned about chargers, they most likely haven’t acquired every single frame. 

You mean like the person on this thread with an account that's several years old, and only just discovered that it is a cyst, thought it was a glitch before, and started carrying on as though the sky was suddenly falling? Yeah that's a thing that's happened here. 

We've all encountered established players who seem to have somehow totally missed some basic aspect of the game. Like trying to use mods that don't work the way they think they will. Or always get stuck console hacking because they only ever use the ciphers. Or don't roll to negate damage. Or had no idea that the mobile app is great for managing the foundry and extractors. Why would this be any different? 

So the solution to making your frame not have a tiny spot that sucks is make the whole thing had?

No the solution is to wait a week and have it lanced. Apparently some people have difficulty with doing that because it doesn't provide the whole instant gratification thing that's so trendy this century. But like everyone else here, you already knew that, didn't you? 

Not bad, it could be fun I suppose, but I'd just as soon respond to all of your points instead of cherry picking for each one. I think that I'll go back to that method next time. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

15 per frame isn't more reasonable?That's what I proposed and you said I was trolling, but here you're agreeing to 20? Thats trolling, or you need to be getting some bed rest and a course in consumer arithmetic. 

How is 15p per frame more reasonable than 20p for every single frame?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yeah me neither, because half of the time people look ghostly, and the other half I'm busy playing the game not looking at them. BTW I don't have access to an xbox to compare, how are the graphics over there? Legit question. I tell you what, just to be sure, start asking everyone you encounter how long they've been sporting the cysts, even the ones that don't look like they have. 

It just takes a bit of time and the models load. And yes you can tell how long based on how large the cystis. If the hair is sticking out, it is removable and it shows they didn’t want to remove it. From there, you can tell how long it has been based on the size of the cyst.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

BTW I don't have access to an xbox to compare, how are the graphics over there? Legit question.

Graphics are pretty nice. Not the best but it works. I have more hours on PC but I can’t exactly compare the graphics. My laptop runs at high settings 60fps most of the time but some dips. My Xbox One X appears to run the game at 1080p with no frame drops.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That's pretty much the best answer someone can give, especially to all the people who are demanding that they should be able to remove the cyst early isn't it? Or maybe not? 

???You listed an impossible scenario as an arguement and I mentioned that.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

If we cater for them, then you start down the slippery slope.

The thing is this allowing the option to remove the cyst early harms noone. I’m not asking for the cyst to not exist. I’m asking for an option to remove it early.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Why would this be any different? 

Because you can just create another spare frame and create a charger pretty easily. Here is another idea. Once you removed the cyst, give an option to sit back on the chair and get a new cyst like Nidus.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

No the solution is to wait a week and have it lanced. Apparently some people have difficulty with doing that because it doesn't provide the whole instant gratification thing that's so trendy this century. But like everyone else here, you already knew that, didn't you? 

Let’s say I already have a charger I want and don’t want anymore. What benefit is there to being forced to wait a week before removing the cyst? The cyst wasn’t always around. There was a point in the game where the cyst didn’t exist. You built a frame and never had a cyst pop up. I’m curious about what benefit is there for a cyst to be on every warframe you create for a whole week.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

As for the rest of the post you made above, you were very careful about avoiding quoting anything that you don't want to answer, weren't you?

It’s not exactly easy quoting on mobile. Plus quoted the main points. I didn’t magically take things out of context. If there is something I missed and you wanted me to respond to, just tell me. Plus I’m not saying it’s the end of the world or anything. I’m not going to quit Warframe over the cyst. I’m saying it would be nice if you could remove the cyst at any point. 

Let’s just summarize with a question. What makes the ability to remove the cyst at any point worse than being forced to wait a week to remove the cyst? 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

Because it costs less, what kind of question is that

Spend 15p for one frame. I spend it on 2 frames. That’s 30p. Now for 20p. That’s a one time price. 20p is a permanent thing. Pay 20 plat. Gets a frame with a cyst. I can remove it. Gets another frame. I can remove it without paying anymore. Paying 15p each time is ridiculous. I would gladly pay 20p at once to be able to remove it at any point. Something like an upgrade for that room. Pay 20p and upgrade the room so any frame that is infected at any point can enter and be cured. 

I don’t mean 20p per frame. I mean 20p as a thing for every single frame.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Sasuke 99I said:

I don’t mean 20p per frame. I mean 20p as a thing for every single frame.

You mean like how we can buy a slot with platinum, that fits every single frame? Or how we can use 20 platinum to buy a single potato that doubles the capacity of every single frame,archwing and companion we collect? Or how we can take 20 platinum and buy a skin for a weapon, that will automagically convert into skins for every single weapon we ever build? 

Yeah. You see where I'm headed with that, right? The 15 plat is already lowballing the price of a lot of the single weapon/frame cosmetics you can pick up from the market. Check out the price range we're dealing with in the game some time. 

The fact that you're barely willing to spend less than a single plat, possibly less than 3¢ of real world cash, less than the sale price of single prime parts that you get for free in the game, per frame, to remove your pet blob at any time of your choosing, suggests that you probably aren't really bothered by it as much as some people here claim to be.

If that's the case, and you'd rather the wait than spending money to rush the removal, why, that's what we have right now. 😉

7 hours ago, (XB1)Sasuke 99I said:

Because you can just create another spare frame and create a charger pretty easily. 

If you already have the eggs needed, and other resources, you can hatch your charger in 24 hours. Because there's no short cuts with genetic imprints, you have just about a metric crapload of possible outcomes from the hatch. If you want a specific combination, you may have to try a gazillion times before you have what you hoped for. Optimally you would want over 7 infected frames in rotation to speed production. 

its a hideous thing, not only is it poorly explained -in game-, it also prevents some players (like me) from seeing the additional dialog from helmint (before the quest), on top of that we have to wait 7 freaking days PER FRAME
i wont mind if the cyst existed just on nydus

The part I don't like, is that each new frame must wait 7 days. SO what has happened to me, is that I've had a pink cyst on my player model for several months straight. As I always build a new frame once the old one is maxed out for mastery. So by the time the old cyst gets removed, I have a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

My friends started playing a few weeks after me.

I can tell you this much... Any time we get a new frame, we go to play it, level it, etc. Next day, without fail, it's infected.

None of my friends nor I use that frame again for a week until we remove the cyst. It gives me the hibbyjibbies personally and it's disgusting to look at. Somehow worse than the yellow puss things in the hive sabotage ship, probably because it's on my frame and I can't burn it down with my Ignis as I do with those things on the hive ship.

I am 100% behind paying back developers. I gladly give DE money for platinum.  However, this cyst nonsense is cramping my style and is swiftly killing most impulse shopping. 

Usual process:

1. Run missions to level the new frame.

2. Run missions to get used to the playstyle of the new frame.

3. Love the frame, its skills, how it plays.

4. Next day I'm loading up skins, helmets, playing with colors when I see... oh what do I see... an ugly cyst. A horrible pink cyst. A boil, my friends, a boil on my pretty frame.

5. I back out of the whole exercise having bought nothing and go back to one of my frames that is not infected. 

My Rhino Prime is getting up there with Mesa in playtime. He has no skin, no helmet, no fancy syndana to suit him. And why is that? Because when the very second day after I got him, he got infected. A week later when I returned to him, he was still just as fun to play, but that initial impulse to make him look amazing kind of went away. 

I mean, DE is saving me money, good for me. But I don't think this is very good for them.

My friends made a whole bunch of frames after we farmed assassinations and quests... and most of them sit in the dust while they still play their second/third frame. Why? Because they all got infected and sat gathering dust for a week.

And I continue to see on reddit and forums posts from people that say it bothers them. I don't know how many, I don't know the percentages... and honestly I don't care.

It bothers me enough to retire a frame until I can remove the ugly boil. It bothers me enough to not shop for cosmetics for these frames, sometimes never again. 

I thought DE might want to know. I wish they'd let me just remove the thing instantly. I already have the Helminth Charger. I already cured my Nidus. If there was no way to permanently remove it from Nidus, I would never play him. I am sick of having to wait a week to remove something that is quite disgusting. 

I think it's time DE stopped making us wait a week to remove the boil. I get it, warframes are infected humanoids, I don't need a disgusting reminder. I bought a skin for Saryn just to make her look less like she was growing pustules on her legs... why do I have to have every new frame be cursed by a disgusting boil?

Currently I have six frames boiled. Intentionally. Because I'm making more Helminths because they are badass looking with the new skin. And having the largest one possible appeals To me (not to mention they're strong af). If you don't like the boil, remove it after seven days. Basically a year later and this is a complaint.