Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pink Cyst on Neck is annoying

Final_Divinity

On 2018-01-05 at 11:33 PM, Final_Divinity said:

Like seriously. I literally stop playing my warframes that get the pink pus bubble on their neck as soon as it shows up. THIS IS  ANNOYING AS HELL. Why is there not a way to remove it sooner. I DON'T WANT THAT STUPID THING DOG. Why do I have to watch this nub grow on my neck for SEVEN DAYS. As soon as it shows up why can't i get it removed? Why can't i just make all my warframes immune right now? I already know I will never want anything to do with infested weapons/warframes/pets/ WHATEVER, in the game. So let me remove it from my current frames and future frames now. It's disturbing AND lore breaking. My operator knows were the cure is. let me put it on all my warframes. In fact, why can't i just blowtorch that whole freaking infested room in my ship? Like why do I have to have that nasty business in my ship, when I kill infested where ever else I see it. I'm sick of this pink dot and I don't know why i'm FORCED to interact with something that is not RELEVANT to the main plot of the game. I forced to see content for a charger pet I DON'T EVER WANT to get.

Oh it made you feel weird for a while, to have a pink cyst on your neck? And you haven't figured a way to remove it? And you're angry? Too bad. Chill the #*!% out.

That's all I have to say. You're making a big deal over nothing. I don't feel sympathy for you, like at all.

Figure it out. Raging at us won't solve a damn thing.

On 2018-01-05 at 11:33 PM, Final_Divinity said:

Like seriously. I literally stop playing my warframes that get the pink pus bubble on their neck as soon as it shows up. THIS IS  ANNOYING AS HELL. Why is there not a way to remove it sooner. I DON'T WANT THAT STUPID THING DOG. Why do I have to watch this nub grow on my neck for SEVEN DAYS. As soon as it shows up why can't i get it removed? Why can't i just make all my warframes immune right now? I already know I will never want anything to do with infested weapons/warframes/pets/ WHATEVER, in the game. So let me remove it from my current frames and future frames now. It's disturbing AND lore breaking. My operator knows were the cure is. let me put it on all my warframes. In fact, why can't i just blowtorch that whole freaking infested room in my ship? Like why do I have to have that nasty business in my ship, when I kill infested where ever else I see it. I'm sick of this pink dot and I don't know why i'm FORCED to interact with something that is not RELEVANT to the main plot of the game. I forced to see content for a charger pet I DON'T EVER WANT to get.

Your ranting is annoying. Get over it.

The cyst is annoying yes, but I just vaccinate all my frames at once by having a friend (someone I PMd) take nidus on Mars exterminate.

We can't remove the Helmith because it exist for more reasons post sacrifice, I'm fairly certain it will end up in other major lore cinematic quests.

Yeah, I hate the cyst too. I honestly can't use a frame when they're infected. The wait isn't too bad, but it can suck when you just got a new frame you really want to use. I understand why people think it's stupid to care about it, but everybody is different. Some people would not be able to use a frame if more and more spiders would crawl out of your frame's body over the course of 7 days. Or if they would constantly bleed because of some infection. Some of us have a hard time looking at a huge pink cyst growing out of the nect of our frames. 

12 hours ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Some people would not be able to use a frame if more and more spiders would crawl out of your frame's body over the course of 7 days. Or if they would constantly bleed because of some infection.

Well I for one can't wait for a frame that constantly bleeds or leaks spiders. Mwahahahaha!

I'm more than a little annoyed at this. I'm fine with having one frame grow it for the charger, but the fact you cannot remove it at will, only after 7 days, combined with the fact you have ZERO control over whether you get infected...it's a bad design decision. Specifically, the part about us having zero choice in the matter.
There are a variety of ways they could deal with the problem, but these come to mind

-Disable infection. period. Upside: nobody gets infected except nidus. downside: some people want to get infected

-make the chair room always available, and the innoculation. upside: choice. downside: progression

--additive to above: make nidus immune to innoculation itself. Or make innoculation a toggle. upside: more choice, keeps progression. downside: none, really.

personally, I would prefer these: make inoculation and removal always available, and make inoculation a toggle. It would make almost everyone happier.

1 hour ago, Kherae said:

you have ZERO control over whether you get infected...

You could only play single player or play with friends that know they aren't infected or are using innoculated frames. That's still a minor thing, but it's better than zero control over the current situation.

Yeah I find this feature kind of annoying/disgusting.

Personally don't care for Nidus at all, or this pet, and would love to purge that infested room on the ship.

Would love if there was some kind of feature for players to cure this sooner than 7 days.

9 hours ago, Kherae said:

I'm more than a little annoyed at this. I'm fine with having one frame grow it for the charger, but the fact you cannot remove it at will, only after 7 days, combined with the fact you have ZERO control over whether you get infected...it's a bad design decision. Specifically, the part about us having zero choice in the matter.
There are a variety of ways they could deal with the problem, but these come to mind

-Disable infection. period. Upside: nobody gets infected except nidus. downside: some people want to get infected

-make the chair room always available, and the innoculation. upside: choice. downside: progression

--additive to above: make nidus immune to innoculation itself. Or make innoculation a toggle. upside: more choice, keeps progression. downside: none, really.

personally, I would prefer these: make inoculation and removal always available, and make inoculation a toggle. It would make almost everyone happier.

But it's such a small, non-issue... I'm sorry that it upsets you so much, but just ignore it for a week and then remove it. You can't even see it during missions.

oh no, there is a tiny pink dot on my neck I can only see when I'm looking for it and I have to wait a whole 7 days what ever will I do

If you can't deal with a annoying tiny dot for 7 days then I have some bad news about pretty the entirety of life and the rest of things you'll have to deal with and can't do a anything about

I immunized all of my Warframes but my mains...  Specifically so I can infect other people.  Seeing this sort of reaction to a mechanic that  PURELY affects only vanity,  makes me both happy that I'm continuing to spread the love,  so to speak,  and really sad to see someone get so worked up over something that is so absolutely superficial.  

Edited by Noibat

size of my fist is tiny? sure...and it's always visible. always there. always huge. Only play solo? Genius idea. To hell with having friends, right?

People play games to have fun. Part of that usually involves being able to look how you want, within reason. A giant ugly growth that you have no control over? Ruins it. It doesn't even change colors to match your warframe.
Like the response of "aww, your feelings are hurt. poor baby" the cyst is obvious, disgusting, and drives people away. Throw in that someone new to the game wouldn't even know what was happening until after the fact, and the shock value is enough to make some of us want to quit. I guess that's the intention, huh?

3 minutes ago, (XB1)DEMONICSAKON13 said:

i have the old Helmith skin for my Infested Kubrow, can you provide me with any distinctive differences between the two? (between the old and the new?)

the old one looks like a charger with a different internal skeleton rig in it and i think it cant put on armor put the stanta hat collar on it though if you want a laugh this skin it just looks more simple and clean less busy looking like the charger but can wear armor and looks alittle less silly since it looks like a dog