Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The stealth exterminate riven challenge is slow and boring.

Clem2-TheClemening

"Complete an extermination mission with level 30 or higher enemies without being detected alone."

There are only 4 relevant exterminate missions for this. Infested and corrupted are hard to stealth against, which leaves the corpus and grineer missions. Corpus Ospreys and Grineer rollers can't be stealth finished, but ospreys are more common than rollers, which means the best choice for this challenge is Adaro, Sedna. I.E., we have to do the focus grind mission.

I think we all know this mission is really boring. Repeated nerfs to stealth in order to counter stealth farming have made stealth so unreliable that cheese is the only option to get through the mission undetected. This means 15 minutes of sleeping 130 enemies and killing them one by one.

Can this challenge please be replaced? I think completing a spy mission instead would be much better. Spy is made with stealth in mind, and you don't have to kill enemies to finish the objectives, making it much faster. Admittedly, spy missions can still be cheesed, but so can literally every other riven challenge.

Edited by Clem2-TheClemening

Yeah, like Sablesword said, this mission only requires for you not to be seen, which means you can grab a stealth frame and go crazy with melee weapons or a silenced weapon, I did this challenge with my Loki Prime augmented with his silence mod for his 2, and my Dex Sybaris.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you are confusing riven challanges. 

This only requires you to finish an exterminate mission undetected. With the exception of the infested (for some reason the mission always fails as soon as I get a kill) any other over level 30, I normally do Adaro with Ivara (yes slow) but at the same time I do scans to level up cephalon simaris.

Yes its slow if you use Ivara but if you want you can use loki and fly through the mission. I have seen worse challenges tbh.

On 1/6/2018 at 8:18 PM, Clem2-TheClemening said:

"Complete an extermination mission with level 30 or higher enemies without being detected alone."

There are only 4 relevant exterminate missions for this. Infested and corrupted are hard to stealth against, which leaves the corpus and grineer missions. Corpus Ospreys and Grineer rollers can't be stealth finished, but ospreys are more common than rollers, which means the best choice for this challenge is Adaro, Sedna. I.E., we have to do the focus grind mission.

I think we all know this mission is really boring. Repeated nerfs to stealth in order to counter stealth farming have made stealth so unreliable that cheese is the only option to get through the mission undetected. This means 15 minutes of sleeping 130 enemies and killing them one by one.

Can this challenge please be replaced? I think completing a spy mission instead would be much better. Spy is made with stealth in mind, and you don't have to kill enemies to finish the objectives, making it much faster. Admittedly, spy missions can still be cheesed, but so can literally every other riven challenge.

I believe they're supposed to be a challenge, ey? Either of patience or of skill. But I know everyone wants it fast and easy, preferably challenges suited for Ember's World on Fire, if anything. Loki and Ivara can both complete that challenge - at a slower pace than burning everything to the ground, ye - without much effort and on the orokin tileset too.

16 hours ago, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

I think you are confusing riven challanges. 

This only requires you to finish an exterminate mission undetected. With the exception of the infested (for some reason the mission always fails as soon as I get a kill) any other over level 30, I normally do Adaro with Ivara (yes slow) but at the same time I do scans to level up cephalon simaris.

Yes its slow if you use Ivara but if you want you can use loki and fly through the mission. I have seen worse challenges tbh.

I seem to recall that like the Orokin corrupted, once one Infested is killed, they all go on alert.