The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being self sufficient

So i barely see this and after a while especially with PoE and more freeroam coming i wonder if people even try for this at all what i generally mean is your setup able to sustain itself over long periods of time like.

1. How long do your guns last? Ammo economy in general and good trigger discipline (which i'm bad at i'll admit)

2. Can your frame powers be consistently used without devouring energy pizza?

3. Can you stay alive without hp pizza?

Or is everyone sheet dps and blind rage builds? 2 of my fav rivens for grakata and hikou have ammo maximum on them and i love em but others say trash. If a frame has a heal augment or shield boosting augment i'm almost always using it (capacitance, curative undertow, regenerative molt) and i kinda start feeling like i'm the only one after a while lol. Hek i've seen some builds on frames with no survivability mods and that can really not work out depending of frame.

Just wondering how many people really think of self sufficient setups. Yes you can spam pizzas and i'm not gonna freak out but i just wonder. I guess i'm pro unairu even if the school lacks outlasting lol.

I do, that's why I favor the sniper rifles in the plains, other than their zooming and long range fight capabilities
I tend to use either Zenurik for the energy, or Rage mod, but my playstyle has never been about abusing the Warframe powers

On the other end though, you have a primary weapon, a secondary one and a melee one, plus the warframe so it's hard to find yourself in a situation were you can't defend yourself

1. there are ammo kiosk located on specific grineer camps/base that eject random types ammo.

2. assuming the player is not blindly spamming Radial Javelin, they'll be good on energy.

3. there's Life Strike and Medi-Ray

Edited by NekroArts

7 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

1. there are ammo kiosk located on specific grineer camps/base that eject random types ammo.

2. assuming the player is not blindly spamming Radial Javelin, they'll be good on energy.

3. there's Life Strike and Medi-Ray

This isn't asking for tips i'm just wondering how many people actually attempt. If we're listing everything there's the new loka and i think steel meridian procs. Sancti Magister, furis syndicate augment, hema and hirudo as well.

I'm more asking does anyone prioritize i guess survival. Conserving supplies and being able to really stay alive.

Here's another more defensive thing i don't ever see. Tectonic fracture bulwarks. Those can really keep some heat off of you in the plains.

13 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

I always run self-sufficent builds and loadouts, since i hate consumables in basically most of game, while i still have them for rare occasions, i still avoid using them as much as possible.

It's nice knowing there's someone else lol. I only dip into the gear wheel in emergencies personally and half the time i dont even have pizzas equipped cause i'm too lazy/forgetful to make em.

20 minutes ago, TheGoodDarius said:

I do, that's why I favor the sniper rifles in the plains, other than their zooming and long range fight capabilities
I tend to use either Zenurik for the energy, or Rage mod, but my playstyle has never been about abusing the Warframe powers

On the other end though, you have a primary weapon, a secondary one and a melee one, plus the warframe so it's hard to find yourself in a situation were you can't defend yourself

Yes this kinda ties into warframes lack of endgame i've only started running dry on stuff in extended survival and long trips in the plains with ammo inefficient guns n stuff lol. I'm kinda hoping the other freeroam areas kinda put things to the test more at least. Like PoE is a start but once you see basically every  grineer crate drops energy n there's refilling ammo dispensers it kinda gets to be a complete non-issue which isn't a bad thibg as it's sipposed to be a new player zone but yeah.

Edited by (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam

1 minute ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

This isn't asking for tips i'm just wondering how many people actually attempt. If we're listing everything there's the new loka and i think steel meridian procs. Sancti Magister, furis syndicate augment, hema and hirudo as well.

I'm more asking does anyone prioritize i guess survival. Conserving supplies and being able to really stay alive.

Here's another more defensive thing i don't ever see. Tectonic fracture bulwarks. Those can really keep some heat off of you in the plains.

I'm gonna assume those that haven't "develop effectively" or still relatively new players as there's a lot of things in the game that new players would miss or haven't reach. In the early game, you're pretty self-sufficient: enemies die quickly before you run low on ammo and they do little damage so you don't have to worry about hp all the time. Another factor for that is because the maps are compacted so players always had opportunities for resources; with PoE, however, it's a big open space so resources that you need to recover are pretty spread out.

Doesn't quite help them to realize they need to be self-sufficient when PoE can be access early and resources there are more scarce.

I make all my builds self sufficient, if for any reason other than I don't trust people :D

Some of my favourite setups are my peaceful provocation equinox, my artemis bow/prowl ivara (not in a while though, but still works), my magic carpet/renewal oberon, bless trinity, lazy-mode inaros, and more...

Oh yeah also I use carrier for ammo. 

Edited by tarfeef101
more info

I hate to use pizzas so :

Weapon eat too much ammo...Carrier. 

Need Energy...Zenurik. ( but i usualy use efficiency builds from 130-175 so its not a problem)

HP regen...Medi-ray usualy take care of it..but when i see i have toxin proc that would kill me i deploy HP pizza.

Edited by Mover-NeRo

50 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

So i barely see this and after a while especially with PoE and more freeroam coming i wonder if people even try for this at all what i generally mean is your setup able to sustain itself over long periods of time like.

1. How long do your guns last? Ammo economy in general and good trigger discipline (which i'm bad at i'll admit)

2. Can your frame powers be consistently used without devouring energy pizza?

3. Can you stay alive without hp pizza?

Or is everyone sheet dps and blind rage builds? 2 of my fav rivens for grakata and hikou have ammo maximum on them and i love em but others say trash. If a frame has a heal augment or shield boosting augment i'm almost always using it (capacitance, curative undertow, regenerative molt) and i kinda start feeling like i'm the only one after a while lol. Hek i've seen some builds on frames with no survivability mods and that can really not work out depending of frame.

Just wondering how many people really think of self sufficient setups. Yes you can spam pizzas and i'm not gonna freak out but i just wonder. I guess i'm pro unairu even if the school lacks outlasting lol.

1) Carrier Prime and precise shots. I never run out of ammo.

2) Mainly use Saryn Prime (energy heavy frame). With Zenurik Focus for the regen + the buff to energy orbs, I usually finish topped off on energy (850).

3) Rejuvenation Aura mod, plus the ability to duck. If I die, it's cause I did something stupid being impatient. I usually don't run with Regenerative Molt. The trickle heal from rejuvenation is more than enough for me.

I pump out a good six figures on damage, so I don't sweat many mobs. I can build up for more DPS if needed, or swap a few mods for better squad benefits, but overall I have to call myself self-reliant, heh.

So no, you are not the only one that thinks this way. You can't do DPS if you're dead or out of ammo and energy, lol :nerd::cool:

Mate, mate there is an issue with that line of thinking.

1. We play in ability spam meta - who gives a clem if your gun will run out of ammo, as long as you can press 2-3-4 to win? And one of the most used companions is Carrier for a good reason.

2. Zenurik + the revive of the QT meta builds. No one needs you Trinity!

3. Life strike is an auto include for many people for years.  And those days when someone goes down, they just insta rev.

Do mind that I am not saying I am happy with the situation. I am just stating it as is based on my interactions with the Player base at large.  Very few people play a endurance game, when they have the option to yolo swag Atterax out of a situation.

Usually Medi-Ray handles most of my HP problems, though occasionally a health pizza is used. I normally carry about 20 of those, but use one maybe once every other mission or less. I usually play Hydroid (Prime) with Primed Vigor as my only defensive mod so my shields generally handle the bulk of the damage that comes my way as I can just turn invincible to regenerate them. Occasionally I mix in Curative Undertow, though that sometimes leads to energy consumption issues. As for ammo, I usually use Carrier (P), though to be perfectly honest, both the Zarr and Twin Rogga are extremely ammo efficient to the point where even without Carrier they don't run into ammo issues, though even if they did, Twin Krohkur would be more than enough to supplement their ammo consumption.

The only missions I play with any frequency are Sorties and the odd T5 Bounty Hunt.

Never use consumables unless it's necessary, never use c----y ammo ineffecicient guns. For health I just use elevate and life strike on several warframes. I hate to resort to using band aids like health or energy pads or going down every other minute, I would much rather find a warframe+weapons suited for x mission and if needed redo it than doing those kind of things. Use absolutely invincible or partly invincible warframe like valkyr or rhino if I must instead of something more fancy if I feel like it. Long time playing team based pvp left me with a mindset that dying is the worst thing that can happen to you in a game so I try to avoid it at any cost. Plus at earlier stage in WF if you died 4(?) times as x warframe you couldn't use it in this missions so that added to it.

PoE is kind of a special case because most warframe there will be pretty trashy because of the ships that bombard you and enemeis open fire being like 300 meters away. So very few can handle such things AND will be able to complete all objectives but there's several. I just run them. Granted I run 99% of missions solo regardless. I always seen those who hit public as unable to complete missions alone and it's been he case for at least 50% of players I've seen so it's not surprising. They always come with a mindset that someone somewhere will revive them when (not if) they will die and that someone will bring something that will make a mission playable (like frost for defense). That's the reason I don't play much public.

Edited by -Temp0-

I actually got 0 energy Valk build with energyless self healing and huge amounts of effective health and with ranged weapons on her.

Its perfect for those corpus lvl 100 eximus stronghold survival sorties where there are 20 energy draining nullifiers at any given time (twice that if other people just die).

Its built around dual wielding [winds of purity] status furis and gunblade with [condition overload] and [healing return]. Ferrox is then perfect for grouping enemies up and throwing it is faster than just switching to furis.

Honestly it varies.

Sometimes I like to be a Space Wizard and spam powers all the time, Then I make sure my build reflects this, and I am an energy pad fiend.

But occasionally I like to run and gun. I tend to mow things down and I'm not very ammo effecient, but typically unless I linger too long in one spot with Vacuum, Ammo Case and Ammo Mutation you never run outa bullets.

And Most times I just whip out my melee weapon and turn into a blender, then you just bring a tanky frame.

Like people said alot of ways to play, self suffeciency means something different in this game I think. I feel that's more like soloing than being power  or ammo or HP neutral. Though that is a thing in the game, for example I run a despoil nekros modded out to take advantage of it, so I can perpetually desecrate without worry.