The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Liked this game until I saw orokin catalsyt alert 4 in the morning

(PSN)smilebull

1 minute ago, (PS4)smilebull said:

Easy to say there is nothing can be done sure be unfair to some people. It is quite bad really.  0 gmt london time is the worst place to be i suppose.

And when there is a catalyst alert 1pm for you, then it's unfair for people in the US.
Do you really have no clue what timezones are?

So, OP demand the alert to be in his timezone more or less, and then call others selfish to point out timezone's...? o.O 

Snowflake.. your timezone is not the center of the world. Alerts are RNG. sometimes it will faver you, and sometime favor others.. 

17 minutes ago, EmilotMargus said:

Before you can be rich, you must be poor.. 

"Has the VOID taken your SEED?" is the line that kills me.

Hey OP, people all over the world get screwed by RNG out of stuff they want from alerts on a daily basis, more or less. It's just an unfortunate fact. Nitain, Vauban parts, certain weapons, the works. The other half of the time, everything they want to farm seems to just fall into their lap, again thanks to RNG.

At any given time, on any given node, there could be an alert of any kind, for almost anything in the reward table. There is nothing special one way or the other about your time zone, and complaining about potato alerts in particular is especially petty considering that you get a potato alert for a full 24 hours after each Devstream.

1 minute ago, Dreddeth said:

"Has the VOID taken your SEED?" is the line that kills me.

Hey OP, people all over the world get screwed by RNG out of stuff they want from alerts on a daily basis, more or less. It's just an unfortunate fact. Nitain, Vauban parts, certain weapons, the works. The other half of the time, everything they want to farm seems to just fall into their lap, again thanks to RNG.

At any given time, on any given node, there could be an alert of any kind, for almost anything in the reward table. There is nothing special one way or the other about your time zone, and complaining about potato alerts in particular is especially petty considering that you get a potato alert for a full 24 hours after each Devstream.

Hello there, yeah I didn’t realise european server shares the same time zone with all regions. It’s still very unfair. You wait it for the whole week then you woke up monday morning. See your missed alerts on your phone... and monday morning syndrome!

Thanks for the reply though.

2 hours ago, (PS4)smilebull said:

Hello there, yeah I didn’t realise european server shares the same time zone with all regions. It’s still very unfair. You wait it for the whole week then you woke up monday morning. See your missed alerts on your phone... and monday morning syndrome!

Thanks for the reply though.

I don't follow your line of reasoning.

Firstly, there's just as much chance of an alert you'd want spawning during your free hours as there is of it spawning while you're sleeping or working or whatever, which is far from unfair considering this game's global reach. You not having free hours when a given alert spawns is not the game's fault. It's not yours either, because you need to sleep and work and do other things besides play Warframe 24/7, but this isn't your pity party.

Secondly, with Gift of the Lotus alerts in particular there is a period of 24 consecutive hours from the time it spawns to grab the potato, which means it doesn't matter if it spawned at 3:00 PM your time or 3:00 AM your time, because you'd have all day to complete it. That's 24 times more generous a window than a normal alert, plus the devstream being announced days in advance, and if you can't make that then I have to assume something happened in your real life that DE cannot be held accountable for.

Finally, I have no idea what you mean when you say "European server shares the same time zone with all regions." DE's based over in some part of Canada, and so while I'd assume that their server reset is closer to midday or midnight, it hits my time zone at about 4:00 in the afternoon. That's not even relevant, though, because Alert RNG is independent of time zones last I checked, making your statement a non-sequitur as far as I can tell.

Edited by Dreddeth

4 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Weren't these potato alerts supposed to last for 24 hours normally?

There are the "Gift of the Lotus" alerts that occur after the dev streams that do last for 24 hours.
Then there are the random alerts which can award potatoes that last as long as random alerts do, usually for an hour or so.

Apparently OP is salty that one of the random alerts happened outside of the hours that he was on.

4 hours ago, (PS4)smilebull said:

Some games have different servers and event takes at different times, got it? It isn’t that hard to get it. 

Warframe has one alert server that puts out the random alerts.
Some are going to be in your timpezone, some aren't.  Simple as that.

It's completely random and there are tons of alerts that go by for each timezone, you just have to be patient and you'll get them as time goes by.

DE isn't going to bend over and make all of the alerts happen during your timezones prime-time, nor should they as they have customers all over the entire world.

10 hours ago, (PS4)smilebull said:

Like honestly we are human, waited whole weekend for it. Then you’re putting it 4 am in the morning sorry but this is Quite rude. 

TBH

They are only 20 plat in the market. There are so many ways to get stuff that sells for around that quickly.

Syndicate mods 10p - 15p

Vault run mods  15p - 40p

Tons of stuff on relics  10p - 40p

And so on....

I recommend doing one and not waiting on alerts to get what you want/need unless it's something only available in alerts.

They come and go. Honestly you'd be surprised how common these alerts are. I see few of them every week and I am from Finland so +2GMT timezone. I know many more occur when I am sleeping, but honestly 1 or few a week is actually not a long time in the long run. You will eventually get to the point where I am currently where I have everything potatoe'd and 80 blueprints of both, without even so much farming for them but passively doing this and that all around.

3 hours ago, (PS4)smilebull said:

I am actually shocked they’ve just put one up for 1 hour 40 minutes interception mission. Grabbed it immediately,

See? There's a balance. Sometimes they will appear at good times for a player, and sometimes at bad times.

3 hours ago, (PS4)smilebull said:

they maybe heard my voice!

Can we just stop talking nonsense?

Edited by (XB1)Juniormech777

12 hours ago, (PS4)smilebull said:

Some games have different servers and event takes at different times, got it?

You must be new here. You can change servers with the click of a button in this game under the gameplay options menu. If they had alerts for different timezones then you'd have to swap region every time you wanted to run something to make sure you didn't miss any alerts. got it?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that people may be misunderstanding the OP, or alternatively, perhaps I am.  But it did strike a chord with me so I'll expland on what I think is the point of his post.

Now, in regards to this, it's a associated concept I'll explain by analogy with personal experience.  Right now, I have the blueprint, neuroptics and systems for regular Vauban.  I'm told that regular Vauban's component BPs ONLY come from alerts, so that's the only way I'm going to get it his chassis.  Additionally, I cannot trade or purchase it from another player because it's a regular BP, not a Prime, and those are not tradeable. 

So, with that said, I have dilligently followed the alerts during every play session hoping to see the chassis blueprint pop up....for 16 days with no success.  Additionally, my play sessions usually run anywhere between 5-8 hours, with breaks and time to stretch, et al.  My playtimes are EST based, starting somewhere around 7:00PM, and running into the early morning hours, say 1 to 2 AM EST.

Some play sessions, I have seen nothing .....and I stress that...NOTHING but the helmet BPs show up..sometimes there's as many as 3 alerts with BPs for helmets.  Uncommonly, you'll see a BP for a weapon but from my own personal observation, most of the BPs are helmet BPs...essentially cosmetic items.

That's ...disheartening..because I'm fond of "engineer" themed characters and that's basically what Vauban is. 

In the case of the OP, I think that's what he's basically stressing as a point.  Things show up too infrequently to make it a worthwhile situation.  If there were other means to acquire the same item BP (short of spending RL finances to acquire the item via platinium) that would alleviate the matter some.  Or more specifically, increase the frequency at which the item shows up.

Everyone knows the old spiel about not spending your life playing X or Y MMO, it's a old story.  But the truth of it is that in order to play Warframe, people do have to work, and pay bills so they can keep electricity to run their computer and have a internet connection.  Life happens.

I imagine in my case, more than likely the chassis for Vauban has shown up in the alerts...while I'm either involved in my regular 9 hour workday, or when I'm passed out sleeping in bed AFTER my 9 hour workday.

Again, that's disheartening.  I'd like to build Vauban, but I have no line of access, even by trying to "work" for it ingame, to acquire it.  It's utterly up to RNG and my capacity to be aware of it, i.e. being home, online, and logged in and monitoring when the alert shows up.

In summary, just having another means to access the item or having the item (regardless of it being the OP's catalyst or my chassis BP) showing up more frequently, would be extremely helpful.

11 minutes ago, CulannHS said:

In the case of the OP, I think that's what he's basically stressing as a point.  Things show up too infrequently to make it a worthwhile situation.  If there were other means to acquire the same item BP (short of spending RL finances to acquire the item via platinium) that would alleviate the matter some.  Or more specifically, increase the frequency at which the item shows up.

Everyone knows the old spiel about not spending your life playing X or Y MMO, it's a old story.  But the truth of it is that in order to play Warframe, people do have to work, and pay bills so they can keep electricity to run their computer and have a internet connection.  Life happens.

I imagine in my case, more than likely the chassis for Vauban has shown up in the alerts...while I'm either involved in my regular 9 hour workday, or when I'm passed out sleeping in bed AFTER my 9 hour workday.

Again, that's disheartening.  I'd like to build Vauban, but I have no line of access, even by trying to "work" for it ingame, to acquire it.  It's utterly up to RNG and my capacity to be aware of it, i.e. being home, online, and logged in and monitoring when the alert shows up.

In summary, just having another means to access the item or having the item (regardless of it being the OP's catalyst or my chassis BP) showing up more frequently, would be extremely helpful.

I feel your pain here, as a while back I was hunting for Vauban and missing one component (not the Chassis, ironically).  A lack of a predictable pattern to the alerts and drops of Vauban (and other things) can be a frustration.  I spent hours combing the past history of alerts on PC to try and spot a pattern (you might find this page interesting. Unhelpful too most likely, but interesting: https://raidtime.net/en/game/tool/warframe/alarm/pc/13e4970b99694f20cf7324335d207cbd ). 

Eventually, the piece I wanted showed up in an alert that I happened upon, and it all happened within a week of me consciously starting to pay attention to it, that's all - and I realised that wasn't really so bad - I had to wait a little, show a little patience but it would come around again and the timing would work out at some point.  This is also the essence of Warframe's F2P done right (in my opinion, which may draw some ire of course!): You have a very simple choice: Either wait for that opportunity to arise, or spend money to acquire it right now instead of working/waiting for it. You decide for yourself what your time is worth in that regard - If your time and desire for it is worth more than the actual cost of the platinum to obtain the frame (see below), just buy the frame and forget the alerts.  If you have more time than money available, and/or the desire isn't strong enough to change the balance, the alert you want will come around, of that you may be certain.

Something that may also factor into that wait/buy decision making process - You could simply wait for a discount reward to turn up from the Daily Tribute system, buy or earn a little Platinum and then purchase the frame directly from the market. No resource acquisition, no 3.5 day build time, doesn't cost a slot (slot is included when purchasing a frame, so that's 20 Platinum of the "cost" included) and it comes with a reactor (double mod capacity and another 20 Platinum worth of "cost" included in the price) already installed.

You could also look into going straight to Vauban Prime, purchasing a set of the blueprints you need from another player...although since this is a goal I'm working towards at the moment, once you see the resource requirements you may well feel like swearing more! (highlights include: 20 total Nitain,9,000 Cryotic and 7,000 Oxium!)