The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amps and Zaws, why I dont bother with that content.

TomCat86

Eh, Quills isn't that bad once you figure it out. What I did was set aside about one or two days a week where I tried to hit at least 2-3 night cycles with a decent group. That gives you enough cores that you can just do turn-ins for pretty much every other day. And that's at MR24, if you're lower MR then you need to do even fewer runs to max out your standing (though obviously it will take longer overall).

8 hours ago, Eljureo said:

I'll provide screenshots when I get to play.. Essentially its a combination of high crit chance, high crit damage *6x + blood rush and soon around 3x multiplier, making like 36x or even 216x crits every few hits, once multiplier goes to 4x, 1296x damage, on a 4x base damage... And that is with a Nekros Prime.. When I slide around with Banshe or Chroma... Damage numbers become eye watering.

That is what zaws can do. And I am certain people have even better rivens.

Looks interesting if you can could you provide a screenshot of your build too?

I will today.

Also amps are epic for killing stalkers and sentients, because they skip damage immunities.

In short zaws, amps, operator and focus are all hard to get, require months of grind, but once you have them.. They are great.

Warframe0069.jpg Warframe0086.jpg

So this is against Axi grineer, round lvl 45-50. On Nekros prime with entire damage comming from weapon. 0 ability or aura benefit...

On any kind of damage frame... it just goes up exponentially. With 145% power strength banshee that i usually run... damage goes very fast very far up. I've seen 32 milion hits with 4x melee multiplier.

Edited by Eljureo

12 hours ago, Eljureo said:

In short zaws, amps, operator and focus are all hard to get, require months of grind, but once you have them.. They are great.

With regard to Zaws, the right combinations (honestly, it's really about fitting the high-end Links...) are fairly powerful. That said, comparable regular weapons for the most part are much easier to obtain, level up, and are generally more powerful (with a couple of exceptions).

The effort needed to obtain the right Zaw and get it where you want it is arguably too much of a wasteful heap of trial and error. Disclaimer: I have three Zaws....a scythe, a halberd and a dagger. The last two were built with the help of the Zaw Builder to help eliminate wasted time and resources. They were BARELY worth the grind needed to get them even Forma-ready...

31 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

With regard to Zaws, the right combinations (honestly, it's really about fitting the high-end Links...) are fairly powerful....

They were BARELY worth the grind needed to get them even Forma-ready...

This is the real problem, you need an outside of game guide to come up with a decent zaw and many of them are hit or miss on the stats.

As a disclaimer I have all the zaw heads, some doubled and only 2-5 are great weapons and only two I regullarly use.

But then again warframe has nearly 400 weapons and only about 10 of those I use every day.

Zaw has this amazing potential to just roll a weapon however you would like. What we need is for other weights to be good.

As for Amps, they are much better balanced, but then again, they are less varied.

23 hours ago, TheGoodDarius said:

All Amp are bad weapons. Their only use it's for the Eidolon hunts and the difference between the mote and the top one is minimal, you can do the hunts with the mote without too much problems

Ill take my 212 amp with rank 4 virtuos fury VS a full squad of people using the mote amp and I can 100% guarantee that I'll have the Teralyst shield down first. The difference is monumental. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)Musicopia said:

Ill take my 212 amp with rank 4 virtuos fury VS a full squad of people using the mote amp and I can 100% guarantee that I'll have the Teralyst shield down first. The difference is monumental. 

Mote Amp is... Operator just beginning to realise he has powers. It is about 4-5x worse than regular amps?

On 2018. 01. 12. at 9:25 AM, Eljureo said:

I will today.

Also amps are epic for killing stalkers and sentients, because they skip damage immunities.

Warframe0069.jpg Warframe0086.jpg

So this is against Axi grineer, round lvl 45-50. On Nekros prime with entire damage comming from weapon. 0 ability or aura benefit...

On any kind of damage frame... it just goes up exponentially. With 145% power strength banshee that i usually run... damage goes very fast very far up. I've seen 32 milion hits with 4x melee multiplier.

That looks really good, i guess i need to go to a builder site to see if i can create a good stuff/halberd weapon.

Once you get the hang of it, you can solo teras easily. No need to craft all amps, just go for the ones people mentioned here and maybe an arcane matching the amp.

I use two elevate sets and can heal whenever I want, for me it was  game changing.

Zaws based on the plague parts are on a totally different league if built right...