Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Tennogen

So, despite being such low MR currently, I am in fact aware of exactly what an Operator is. (I had a high level account on PC.)
As such, I find myself wondering why we don't have any Operator Tennogen. I know DE won't allow us to make armor because of just how difficult it is to size the armor to each and every Warframe, including all Prime variants.
The way I see it, if Tennogen creators had access to the basic models of the Operator, and were then allowed to work on the outfit from there, we would not be seeing any issues like we do with Armor, and the creations would likely be made in the same way that Helmets and Synadanas are created, working from scratch with the basic template availble.

On this same thought process, it would also be super cool if any player could design their own "scar" that their Operator has. The ones we have now are nice, but I personally feel they lack some spirals.
Having more items to go on the face would be cool as well, and I feel Tennogen could fill that hole pretty well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Xylyssa said:

I feel like Operator Tennogen would be unnecessary since they are so seldom seen.

Well, nowadays with all the Eidolon Hunts, Kuva Siphons, upcoming cinematic quest, and probably Venus Operator gameplay, I think it's safe to say we'll be seeing more and more of the Operator.

• Like 1

For fully creating operator armor from nothing, it would be too complicated as it would require a lot of work from DE after accepation to rig them and make sure they work properly (helmet and syandana already require a lot of work), but allowing us to retexture the existing one, like we do with Warframe bodies would probably be enough. This at least what I think as a Tennogen Creator.

The best manageable solution would be to have access to the base model of each piece of each armor set and let us create our own full set by choosing different pieces and texture them.
For example, I could take Maduka hood, Vahd chest, Koppra sleeves, Zariman leggings because I like the base shapes and then, retexture them all to give the unique look I want and submit it as a Tennogen Operator suit.

This would probably be the best option to allow more customisation without requiring later work on rigging from DE and any other problems such as retopology or UV issues.