The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma needs a BUFF

(PSN)JAyMaN002

9 hours ago, Paradoxbomb said:

I feel like a Chroma nerf is inevitable at this point, what with the whole one-shotting Teralyst limbs things. Besides, I kinda agree with the OP that Chroma could use an update: his Vex Armor is stupidly powerful but the rest of his kit is kind of underwhelming, making him something of a one-trick pony (and a pretty boring one at that IMO). Then of course there's the whole thing with his element being tied to energy color and not being able to change it mid-mission.

Especially considering his Vex Armor is bound to be nerfed soon anyway, they may as well improve his other abilities so that they see more use.

As a counter his Vex Armor is mod based so strength mods make it better and his Fire Elemental Ward is really useful because it can heal you. His Effigy is pretty useful but could be better but his first ability really needs a rework

47 minutes ago, (Xbox One)BigLithuanian said:

As a counter his Vex Armor is mod based so strength mods make it better and his Fire Elemental Ward is really useful because it can heal you. His Effigy is pretty useful but could be better but his first ability really needs a rework

Just for clarity, I'm not saying the rest of his kit bad, just underwhelming:

• Spectral Scream is, well actually yeah that one's just flat out bad.
  • Elemental Ward does hold up on it's own, but fire and ice are significantly better than Toxin/Electricity and for the most part it's just used as a buffer for Vex Armor. Also it would've been nice if the augment for this mod was a default feature since teammates have to be within hugging distance to share in the benefits.
  • Vex Armor is definitely his bread and butter but I just find it boring. It's basically "get hit by shooty things so your shooty things work better"; it's by no means bad, I just personally don't find it fun.
  • I actually like Effigy if only for the novelty of having a dragon companion (it also looks pretty neat), but I feel like the energy cost is kinda steep even at max efficiency. And again, it sucks that you need an augment in order to be able to have it move around.
Edited by Paradoxbomb

7 minutes ago, Paradoxbomb said:

Just for clarity, I'm not saying the rest of his kit bad, just underwhelming:

• Spectral Scream is, well actually yeah that one's just flat out bad.
  • Elemental Ward does hold up on it's own, but fire and ice are significantly better than Toxin/Electricity and for the most part it's just used as a buffer for Vex Armor. Also it would've been nice if the augment for this mod was a default feature since teammates have to be within hugging distance to share in the benefits.
  • Vex Armor is definitely his bread and butter but I just find it boring. It's basically "get hit by shooty things so your shooty things work better"; it's by no means bad, I just personally don't find it fun.
  • I actually like Effigy if only for the novelty of having a dragon companion (it also looks pretty neat), but I feel like the energy cost is kinda steep even at max efficiency. And again, it sucks that you need an augment in order to be able to have it move around.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything on that list. I personally don't like ice chroma(not my style) but sometimes I want to do an actual infested look but Toxin sucks and I like the way blue looks on chroma but once again it sucks. I'm ok with Vex armor though

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian

On 08/01/2018 at 2:38 PM, Trichouette said:

Electric ? Because sending back your oponent damage multiplied by 30 while stunning them is bad ?

Fire and toxin sure... but definitely not electricity.

I said defensive buffs, as it stands, ice can quintuple your eHP while electric gives like 2 percent more eHP

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Xzorn:

I think Chroma is anything but boring to play. Upkeep on his shield levels, 2 buffs, energy and healing while also dealing with enemies makes him one of the more involved frames in this game. Most frames you simply have upkeep on 1 buff and nothing else is critical. With Chroma if you miss either of those buffs, you don't have enough shields when you buff or you don't manage energy to cast those buffs;  he's dead.

He can push lvl 400 Solo Survival. Most frames can push lvl 300-400 and invisible frames can push 800+. Just cuz he makes some trivial content more trivial, he'll prolly get nerfed meanwhile no one talks about Ivara or Octavia.

He pays for his performance with huge flaws. Frames like Nyx with no damage buffs or survival will stomp him in Defense, Excavation or Defection. He's really only good at two things. Killing Bosses and Solo Survival but he'll get nerfed I'm sure. The whole process is really quite maddening.

Well, maybe the source of powerless skills and frames is linked into other areas and all the weak skills or frames (1 shoted) are results from a messed up system?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

What if every Skill would have 8 mod slots for it selfe? You could still mod as you want each. Tradeoff IS ALREADY made as soon you choose 1 path out of X. You choose 4 power mods instead 3 and 1 more duration? You choosed, you did your tradeoff. Less max duration AT THIS SKILL.

What if every skill would have a skill card, to further increase the skill lvl?

What would be if the user could combine/craft 2 same skill cards to create a +2 skill card, representing additional +2 lvls? (Max +10)

What would be if frame and abilities mod area finaly get seperated?

8+1 Mod slots for frame in total then?

How about adding in a "frame upgrading" ?

Since mods use the frame as "basic", why not upgrade into a tier 2/ tier 3/ tier 4/... frame hmm?

More space to add more substance. Power to all abilities. More duration. More possibilities to fine tune each skill as a user wants it to work for his playstylr.

Everything changes, if they finaly start to clean up all their messed up modding content...

Ability Mods are actualy all Corrupted Mods right?!

While secondary and primarys are seperated each with their own slots area and 95% of all weapon mods don't force "each" a trade off in all regions of the weapon, just bc placing them in. T-.-T

But frame and 4 abilities share 10 mod slots? 

Never able to improve all 4 abilities at the same time? 

While 4 abilities already are low spec. The current mod system kills 1 or 2 skill power, just to increase the other skills? Which results in most over only 2-3 skills used, while 1 of this useable is NOT on max possible power lvl?

To much wrong placed tradeoffs !

The trade off should only affect the singel ability you are modding for. Not also every single other ability.

Before any changing at those frames, they need to start fixing their modding/improving/upgrade system. It's a bad joke. A lot "modern glowing" with lil to no real improvment BUT handweapons... 🤔

Handweapons,... until today DE has not managed to create 1 left hand and 1 right hand for weapons.

If you want 2 different single handed weapons left & right... not possible.

You stay with 1h free not useable.

If you want a shield, you can't choose one for 1 hand and add free a 1handed weapon to it... just sets...poor.

1 gun + 1 dagger/1h sword/1h axt/ 1h shield... you CAN'T combine as you wish to. Limited. In every region.

Where are all the 3 parts of the frame we used to crafted them?

Why can't we upgrade those as well with mods or/and higher tier 2/3/4/5 parts?

Illusions of deepness. With 24 standart slots, including all weapons & skills slots... is a bad joke.

Vs 144++ standart slots in other games.

Mods are nothing else as shards/ stoned/ crystals/... in other games. Just mordern glowing. 

They need to start fixing the sources behind the results of the messed up contents.

Tweaking a bit here and there as always just tempo changes something. But it still doesn't fix the core problems behind the scene.

Well there is already a file with chroma´s name on DEVS table. It is sitting on the nerf pile and it was already mentioned.

On the other hand 1 and 4 and some elemental buffs should be reworked. Examples:

- First ability consumes energy and makes you crawl for a pitful dmg

- Fourth is not bad but it drains too much energy when you have thousands of other ways to produce the same effect

- Why would somebody prefer to mod a frame for RELOAD speed and pitful dmg when you can create an almost immortal frame with a HUGE dmg buff?

it is one incredible frame and with the right reworks, it could be wonderful.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)bigmacdaddyg25 said:

How do I get Chroma parts if I accidentally sold one and completed all the quests? Do I have to buy it with platinum now?

You can try asking support. Next time try asking in the players helping players sub section to help keep the topic on topic.

Le 9/1/2018 à 08:46, Xzorn a dit :

I'd rather they just not touch him outside fixing some bugs.

We don't get anything for free and I'd rather keep the strong brawler we have than get some mediocre frame that "Synergizes".

He has a role and a place in the game. Plenty of frames don't have that. Including newer ones.

I agree. 

Also, Chroma now can also havea marginal role as buffer and CC thanks to his augments. Admittedly it's not the best at either but it still works fine. 

If anything what i would change would be to have his Spectral Scream do a bit more damage (either scaling off mods, or getting the Vex Armour biist, whatever) cause it would be fun to be able to actuallyuse the dragon breath past mercury sometimes.