Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free Roam Instancing: The Plains, Market and Dock

o.0-

Want to share two thoughts for what we could see with Cetus and how we can group up together, within the existing Public, Invite Only and so on and since we shall be seeing future Free Roam.

Although, I think its really cool that so many players can be in a Cetus instance, could there be a bit more separation?

So the idea here is the open landing pad, Dock, where we get off the Lander, could be a populous player lobby, where players can chat and group, with an instance transition into the Market area. That way, this area retains the idea of the Relays and could see expansion and even a Cetus Greeter? A means to describe what this is, and to help newer players to continue enjoying Warframe from there.

Then the Cetus Market could be instanced in a similar fashion to the Plains, so groups could have better loading to the Market and back to the Plains. As there seems to be so much going on in this area, that players are reporting long load times (can't imagine how it might go on Consoles), I feel that if something like this could be done, the experience players have could see improvements overall.

On the Plains, I wonder if we could have say a Communication Terminal to start off or even continue Bounties? That would be one benefit to groups that had problems forming and would allow players to reacquire Bounties in those cases, such as times where a player starts off a new instance. So, if players come across a consideration they do not favor, they can create a new instance and go to the Terminal to restart or continue a Bounty.

The second thought pertains to grouping and using Public.

What if players could choose to be linked together? So that they could have Confirmation prompts on such actions, stay together as necessary and regroup faster? So if a group or two or three just want to play and don't mind getting a fourth, they may do so. And if they come across a consideration they do not like, they could choose to leave the fourth at will.

That way it's easier to come and go as players please, but my understanding on how these systems work is quite limited, so this 2nd idea is far less developed as a result.

So could these be a benefit for Warframe going forward?

This just adds more loading screens.

6 hours ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

On the Plains, I wonder if we could have say a Communication Terminal to start off or even continue Bounties?

This would require 2 loading screens as Bounties change the state of nearly everything in the Plains. It is, in essence, just a giant tile. I really doubt any time would be saved vs. leaving via the door and going back out.

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

This just adds more loading screens.

This would require 2 loading screens as Bounties change the state of nearly everything in the Plains. It is, in essence, just a giant tile. I really doubt any time would be saved vs. leaving via the door and going back out.

How do you know for sure, that there'd be more loading screens?

Now, I realize that the feasibility totally depends on how things work behind the scenes in the coding, with how players and assets are loaded into the game.

As we see with Relays and Dojo, what I was picturing (and hoping for) with the idea for the Dock area, that then transitions to the Market and then the Plains. What matters is how things work for loading them in.

As for the Terminal, I'm hoping that Bounties might work similar to Incursions to initiate, but to be honest I have no clue.

Run a T1 Bounty and then a T5. Break some objects. Note you get more Iradite from Iradite spawns in T5. Fly around and see the levels of enemies, especially those in the area of the current stage of the Bounty. In Free Roam, a given location might have fairly low level enemies, in a Bounty, a stage could take place there and the levels now match that of the current Bounty.

All of this means spawns need to be triggered at the right level for the Bounty, things have to drop in the right quantity, etc. Free Roam, T1-T5 are essentially 6 different versions of the same tile. Unload from the current one and load into the new one. Two loading screens. If you were not going to unload anything, you'd be stuck at whatever level you started at if the Bounties worked like Incursions.

A marketplace loses any kind of "feel" or immersion if there aren't lots of people milling about, interacting with the NPCs, showing off their fashion. More can be done and is being done by DE to remedy problems, but it cannot be done immediately.

5 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

A marketplace loses any kind of "feel" or immersion if there aren't lots of people milling about, interacting with the NPCs, showing off their fashion. More can be done and is being done by DE to remedy problems, but it cannot be done immediately.

Okay, so loading drop lists and resetting crates could then make the Terminal idea most likely not work in practice.

As for the feel, I lose more immersion seeing the various ghostly Excaliburs standing around Konzu, and I don't feel like I gain any with Ki'Teer visits either, thus with all of the commentary on how players load into Cetus and the Plains, I finally shared some thoughts.

And the Docks would still provide that access point for Fashion Frame, before moving into the denser Market and then through the Gates.