The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please havea quest with Stalker?

Vegetranic

I would love to do a quest with stalker. Like for example.Rotten Salad V manages to capture one of the acolytes with the help of the Infested swarm and his technological genuise and make it into a "Mutalisk Zanukalyth", Stalker takes great issue with this and tries to go and kill it but it actually overpwoers him as it is a combination of acolyte, zanuka, infestation and warframe.

As a last resort, Stalker askes for your assistane to kill this abomenation and will agree to a temporary truce. Kinda like a "The enemy of  my enemy is my friend situation."

The reward for the quest can maby be Stalker's mantal or like one of his items. Im reluctant to say we can play as stalker after that but like, would be nice.

what do you think?

1 minute ago, Mk_1 said:

Never

Why? I mean, the story can be turned a little. 

Like Lotus notices you of a new creation by Mutalist Alad V and you go to kill it. But when you arrive it is the Zanukalyth and it defeats you. But as it comes in stalker appears and uses the oppertunity to wound it. 

Something like that.

1 minute ago, Xiusa said:

This kind of goes against his entire character... not to mention the idea of a "Mutalisk Zanukalyth" not being engaging in any way

I dont know much about his chracter thought, other then what is show ingame.And i only tarte dplaying the day after PoE so any operations with him before that , i have no info on.

1 minute ago, Vegetranic said:

I dont know much about his chracter thought, other then what is show ingame.And i only tarte dplaying the day after PoE so any operations with him before that , i have no info on.

So you haven't done The Second Dream, I assume?

1 minute ago, Vegetranic said:

He's insane and has spent years and years hunting and murdering Tenno.

I have done every quest. And i know he hunts tenno. I dunno, i jsut want them to build his character to just more then , bounty hunter.

Where did he come from? 

Why does he hunt  tenno?

Is he actually a warframe or just a alien?

What is his views on other factions?

Can he be reasoned with?

What happend to him after Hunhow?

Edited by Vegetranic

We already have Second Dream. We know that Stalker won't associate with tenno in any other way than killing them. We also know that Alad V decided to reject the infestation (Tubemen event). But I think DE could make a quest in future that would shed more light on Stalker's past.

tbh I'd like to have a quest related to Stalker because if DE decided to do it they may have the chance to introdude the Stalker-Invasion thing? like idk i am not too far into the lore since there is a ton to read but ... stuff like living through memories, at the ceremony and all and maybe at the end obtaining the Stalker Helmet as both Interaction and Cosmetic (for the Acolyte cosplayers) where you can use some thechnique or whatever to experience his memories which would be stalking other players. Like... gameplaywise it'd enable stalker invasions and lorewise you're experiencing his life after the massacre or smth. that is just a quick thought and is not even polished in any way but i personally would love such thing to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Vegetranic said:

I have done every quest. And i know he hunts tenno. I dunno, i jsut want them to build his character to just more then , bounty hunter.

Where did he come from? 

Why does he hunt  tenno?

Is he actually a warframe or just a alien?

What is his views on other factions?

Can he be reasoned with?

What happend to him after Hunhow?

I mean one of the first lines in TSD reveals why he hunts the Tenno. I don't think his relations with the other factions is particularly important to his goals. The other answers are subjective and we don't have all the answers for but I don't think him asking you to help him fight a Big Mean Monster is going to give us any answers

The Stalker is opposed to the Tenno. Like, directly. His only mission is to eradicate us, and he has only ever been seen making alliances (like Hunhow) to that end. Conversely, he cares little for what Alad V (or anyone else) is up to except when it directly interferes with his mission, as in The Second Dream. If he has any kind of stake in what the Grineer, Corpus, or even the Infested are up to, it would be a brand-new development.

Basically, the only threat the Stalker is concerned with enough to team up with somebody is us. So...pretty unlikely.

I would like to have a quest of "Stalker Hunt"
Where you basically track down his location and orbiter, and hunt him down, 

There would be guaranteed stalker drops in the quest, and upon completion he will not be able to appear in your missions 
for the next 3 - 7 days after you burn down his orbiter.

Another similar concept is syndicate hunt, same concept as stalker, you go and mess with the syndicates that is 
on your opposing standing, ravage their base and hunt drops like syndicate weapons and mods.

Which upon succession in taking down their leaders they will not be able to be actively chasing you for the next few days.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

As an addendum, something like this is, I think, not entirely out of the question, but it would have to happen way, way down the line. Assuming DE is willing to alter the Stalker's character to the point that he'd even consider allying with the Tenno, there'd have to be some pretty significant character exploration and development involved. Which would likely mean delving into why the Tenno killed off the Orokin, exploring potential contributing factors (Lotus, the Sentients, the Orokin themselves, possibly the Infested, and maybe more), and working out whether there's any potential for reconciliation between the Stalker and the people he's been hunting for several lifetimes. Something like that would take a lot of time--at least a full quest, possibly several. There's a seed there already--he hesitates when he first discovers the Tenno are just kids--so maybe DE will roll with it.

Either way, I wouldn't expect something that big any time soon.

Honestly, I feel like it's the other way around with Stalker and Alad V.

Stalker really hates us (not enough to kill us at least) because we destroyed the Orokin, and after that is because we kill the VIP targets marked for assassination by the Lotus (AKA bosses). He's also basically independent and I don't think he'll ever ask for help from us.

Alad V on the other hand, is actually slowly getting more friendly with us.

Sounds crazy when you think about what he does to us, but remember when he helped us in The Second Dream Quest?

Also when we defended him from the Acolytes in the Shadow Debt Operation?

I feel like he'll someday join the Tenno, maybe for whatever reason Darvo also did...

1 hour ago, Vegetranic said:

Do the quest with following Lore. not just rush them. 
He came from Orokin era. he was a guardian when Tenno Murdered all the orokin
he hunts tenno for that reason. they killed his masters. took his way of life etc etc. old sweet revenge.
he seems to be NON tenno trapped in a warframe.
he doesnt give a crap on other factions. he is just allied with Hunhow to bring us down. (still he dislikes alad)
well give him your life. and be reasoned with him. pretty much it till now.
and he isnt bounty hunter. he doesnt do it for someone or something. he just wants all of us dead

8 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Since Stalker has Excalibur Umbra's body model, I think he'll appear in The Sacrifice.

Since when has he ever had umbras body model? About the only thing they are likely to noticeably share is that the Stalker's base model is essentially the same as excalibur and by extension, I guess you could say Umbra. How any of that relates or coincides with whether or not he appears in the sacrifice is another issue entirely. Sounds nit picky, but your reasoning seems off to me and doesn't seem to have any correlation.

12 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Since when has he ever had umbras body model? About the only thing they are likely to noticeably share is that the Stalker's base model is essentially the same as excalibur and by extension, I guess you could say Umbra. How any of that relates or coincides with whether or not he appears in the sacrifice is another issue entirely. Sounds nit picky, but your reasoning seems off to me and doesn't seem to have any correlation.

Spoiler

TujemYN.jpgzAYEexc.jpglatest?cb=20160414080831qBopGEI.jpgwd0AMLA.jpg