Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ultimate Ember Rework: Enough With Grilled Cheese!

(PSN)LoisGordils

1 minute ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

How about, instead of being a conformist player that swallows band aid kits like pills, you propose something better? Ember is BORING. World On Fire is the epitome of LAZY. Fireblast and Fireball ARE terrible. Deal with it

Yes, and let us bow to your every whim because your opinion is better than ours because we disagree, and you think people who disagree with you who have simple, straight-up opinions that can be supported by other players are inferior to yourself. Ember's WoF can stay untouched. I'm sorry that you can't just accept that she's a Press 4 to win character, just like Banshee, or such, and you want to make it more complicated than it already is. Or is just simple gameplay too much to ask for? Oh yeah, and let me top it off with a something out of place and makes me look just as ignorant as you. Deal with it.

25 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Demon Intellect said:

Because I bought Loki prime access in 2014? Who is the sour one here, kid? Your opinion is bad because she only is a map clearing frame on lower end content, so all you've really done is show that you don't even play level 40+ content.

"She is only a map clearing frame on lower content"

That's exactly why she needs a rework. She's practically a one-trick-pony. Low level missions only. And it's the fact that I go above 40+ content that I know what I'm talking about. I proposed interesting, synergistic, scaling changes to Ember's entire kit. So, please, if you don't have anything smart to add, refrain from commenting lmao.

27 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

Yes, and let us bow to your every whim because your opinion is better than ours because we disagree, and you think people who disagree with you who have simple, straight-up opinions that can be supported by other players are inferior to yourself. Ember's WoF can stay untouched. I'm sorry that you can't just accept that she's a Press 4 to win character, just like Banshee, or such, and you want to make it more complicated than it already is. Or is just simple gameplay too much to ask for? Oh yeah, and let me top it off with a something out of place and makes me look just as ignorant as you. Deal with it.

It's only a matter of time before WoF gets touched :]

Slowly, but surely, DE is getting rid of cheesy, non-engaging, boring mechanics

1 minute ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

"She is only a map clearing frame on lower content"

That's exactly why she needs a rework. She's practically a one-trick-pony. Low level missions only. And it's the fact that I go above 40+ content that I know what I'm talking about. I proposed interesting, synergistic, scaling changes to Ember's entire kit. So, please, if you don't have anything smart to add, refrain from commenting lmao.

You honestly just sound butthurt. So because I disagree with you I shouldn't comment? Ok, kid. Her firequakebcan pretty effectively lock down enemies, you can place a lot of fire blasts at a choke point for good damage as well as CC and toss on agreement for more damage. But yep she's definitely useless. Learn to play the game kid, just because you don't know how to use her doesn't mean she can't be good.

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Demon Intellect said:

You honestly just sound butthurt. So because I disagree with you I shouldn't comment? Ok, kid. Her firequakebcan pretty effectively lock down enemies, you can place a lot of fire blasts at a choke point for good damage as well as CC and toss on agreement for more damage. But yep she's definitely useless. Learn to play the game kid, just because you don't know how to use her doesn't mean she can't be good.

It's not because you disagree, it's the toxic, C***ish attitude. A previous commenter disagreed with WoF being duration based, without being a miserable arse. 

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Demon Intellect said:

You have to admit that she is the epitome of passive gameplay though. Not saying she needs a nerf or anything.

Hey, at least you have to aim her Mallet and coordinate Metronome. Still more active than current Ember

3 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

It's not because you disagree, it's the toxic, C***ish attitude. A previous commenter disagreed with WoF being duration based, without being a miserable arse. 

Hey, at least you have to aim her Mallet and coordinate Metronome. Still more active than current Ember

Resorting to name calling because you pretty much can't argue with what I said. Classic.

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Demon Intellect said:

Where did you reply to me calling you out on not knowing how to use ember effectively. Oh wait you didn't

Oh wait, lemme just...

I know how to use Ember. I always score most damage and number of kills. I'm skilledzzzz

There, better?

Also, I love how an Ember rework thread is hot right now on the forums. Ironic

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

4 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Oh wait, lemme just...

I know how to use Ember. I always score most damage and number of kills. I'm skilledzzzz

There, better?

Also, I love how an Ember rework thread is hot right now on the forums. Ironic

It's been for the last 2 years. Nothing new. It's really sad that you are having to try and mock versus reply to what I said about how she can be much more useful than just by using WoF.

1 hour ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

How about, instead of being a conformist player that swallows band aid kits like pills, you propose something better? Ember is BORING. World On Fire is the epitome of LAZY. Fireblast and Fireball ARE terrible. Deal with it

That's right! Instead of leaving it and allowing the MILLIONS of players enjoy her. We should completely rework her because YOU find her "boring". Now if i was a betting man, which I am, I would say you probably are terrible in general at the game especially in higher level stuff where WOF simply becomes a CC instead of a killer. You know it's people like you that have lead the entire society of this planet to where it is these days. This is probably to deep for you to understand at the ripe age of 17 (estimated). Just know I and a lot of others hate you and your selfish attitude. May karma one day teach you the lesson of life and respecting others and what they enjoy...

Edited by (PS4)KnowLedge

15 minutes ago, (PS4)KnowLedge said:

That's right! Instead of leaving it and allowing the MILLIONS of players enjoy her. We should completely rework her because YOU find her "boring". Now if i was a betting man, which I am, I would say you probably are terrible in general at the game especially in higher level stuff where WOF simply becomes a CC instead of a killer. You know it's people like you that have lead the entire society of this planet to where it is these days. This is probably to deep for you to understand at the ripe age of 17 (estimated). Just know I and a lot of others hate you and your selfish attitude. May karma one day teach you the lesson of life and respecting others and what they enjoy...

"Just know I and a lot of others hate you and your selfish attitude." 

Hating someone out of the blue is something mentally challenged people do. I estimate your age to be 12...?

"May karma one day teach you the lesson of life and respecting others and what they enjoy..."

Definitely a mentally challenged 12yr old. Don't you see how pathetic that sounds? Respecting others and what they enjoy. Sure, but what if I would enjoy something else? What a hypocritical statement. Lol

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Demon Intellect said:

You have to admit that she is the epitome of passive gameplay though. Not saying she needs a nerf or anything.

Octavia is one of the few frames that have all of her abilities that work perfectly together. Another being Harrow. Harrow, through the way his abilities work, is what I consider the perfect Warframe. Octavia is pure. Too pure.. So pure, she's EVIL.. Yet so evil it just revolves back to her being pure. 

On 1/9/2018 at 1:55 PM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Yes, she needs one. Let's go.

Also, hi! Thanks for taking interest :D

Starting off, I'll say that her best ability is Accelerant. This rework will focus on synergies with her abilities with a focus on Accelerant.

1. Fireball: Base damage and range stay the same, 10% of enemy health is dealt as an AOE. Charging the skill increases size, damage and percent health to 20% but reduces flight speed. Striking an armored enemy affected by Accelerant with Fireball melts part of the armor by 50 points (targets base armor).

2. Accelerant: Her best ability (Flash Accelerant :3), synergizes with her other skills. Only addition: Refreshes and strengthens any Heat proc within range.

3. Fireblast: Allies within the ring are unaffected by Cold procs and reduces Cold damage taken by 50%. Additionally, shooting from inside the ring grants guaranteed Heat procs on enemies. Casting Accelerant inside the ring causes it to explode, dealing Fireblast's  remaining damage as 50% Blast (with proc) and 50% Heat; to better understand this, it shares mechanics with Oberon's Hallowed Eruption. Casting Fireball on the ring strengthens the flames. Increased damage over time, ticks happen twice as often and the inside of the ring now deals damage to enemies. Naturally, detonating an Enflamed Fireblast deals even more damage :p

4. World On Fire: Personally, I dislike skills that have ZERO interactivity and are basically passives. Especially if it's an ultimate. For Ember's new ultimate, she will begin emitting copious amount of Heat to her surroundings. The range and damage per second will initially be low. However, range and damage of this "heat wave" will increase the more Heat damage and Heat procs Ember deals. All attacks will have X% of it's damage dealt as Heat. The ability will be duration based, not channeled. Maximum damage and range reached after X amount of enemies have been incinerated. Stepping inside Fireblast refreshes World On Fire. If you wish to turn it off, you can either wait for it to expire or cast Accelerant. Casting it detonates World on Fire with a smilar effect as Fireblast: it takes 25% of all Heat damage dealt and converts it into Blast. This also sets Ember on fire, ending the ability, and taking advantage of her already in-game passive to refresh her energy and power up her follow-up abilities.

There, all done. Thank you for your time :]

Her needing one is an opinion, not a fact. Considering how well Ember Prime continues to sell to this day I highly doubt your opinion is one held by the playing majority.

1. 10%, scaling up the 25% with her 2,  means you can just spam this and kill every enemy in the game in 4 hits while your 2 is active. Considering you also want her 2 to be refreshable AND strengthen and Heat proc in range means you just want to change her from a "press 4 to win below level 50" frame to "press 2 and then 1 to win at any level" frame.

2. Refreshing it causes a scaling issue that makes her stronger than Octavia and even "Hug Me" Gara in most situations with less setup. No.

3. This makes her able to turn any weapon into one that will proc a ridiculous amount of damage on the level of Chroma with almost no effort. No.

4. You may dislike it but it's nice CC at higher levels and makes farming for things easier at low levels. Also, again, with the scaling damage that will grow out of control making her scale PAST Octavia and Equinox. Using her two on a maxed out properly stacked 4 in your concept makes her literally able to wipe out maps easier than a Maim Equinox can.

It doesn't seem like you want to get rid of the "press 4 to make low level missions easier" because you find it boring. It actually seems like you want to get rid of a low level farming frame to give yourself a scaling monster that puts every other frame, including those that actually scale well, to shame because you find the current Ember "boring." Sorry but this is a hard no. I'd rather have a boring frame than one that outshines the broken that s Octavia. Thanks.

54 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

Octavia is one of the few frames that have all of her abilities that work perfectly together. Another being Harrow. Harrow, through the way his abilities work, is what I consider the perfect Warframe. Octavia is pure. Too pure.. So pure, she's EVIL.. Yet so evil it just revolves back to her being pure. 

The only real problem I have with harrow is that he can be hindered by having a good team which seems kinda contradictory. On a good team you won't be ablento get his 4 up, you might not get as much energy back as you spent on thurible, and you might not be able to heal your team super well if they are murdering everything.

2 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

"Just know I and a lot of others hate you and your selfish attitude." 

Hating someone out of the blue is something mentally challenged people do. I estimate your age to be 12...?

"May karma one day teach you the lesson of life and respecting others and what they enjoy..."

Definitely a mentally challenged 12yr old. Don't you see how pathetic that sounds? Respecting others and what they enjoy. Sure, but what if I would enjoy something else? What a hypocritical statement. Lol

The selfishness just grows every post you make.

31 and playing Warframe from day 1. With a break in the middle for a little while. Respecting the fact that so many find her to be excellent, fun, and challenging to use in sorties and other high level content. 

Now take that grilled cheese and play in your little corner of the sandbox.

Just now, (PS4)KnowLedge said:

The selfishness just grows every post you make.

31 and playing Warframe from day 1. With a break in the middle for a little while. Respecting the fact that so many find her to be excellent, fun, and challenging to use in sorties and other high level content. 

Now take that grilled cheese and play in your little corner of the sandbox.

31 and talking nonsense... LMAO.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

This thread got really stupid and childish. Initial post was very well thought out, and yet apparently it is impossible to have a mature discussion about frame kits on these boards.

You should all be ashamed that you can't take constructive criticism seriously.

It was actually very poorly thought out as a previous poster pointed out. Also TC was just as childish with his replies.