Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #104!

[DE]Rebecca

Devstream104_1080p.jpg

We’re back this Friday with our first Devstream of 2018: #104! 

Who: The crew is back! Join Rebecca, Steve, Scott, Geoff, and Sheldon on the NEW couch!

What:  We have a new streaming space! We’re going to break it in with our first Devstream of 2018! We are well rested from some overdue holiday time off, and are bringing you updates on the plans for Warframe as it enters it’s fifth year! We’ll be having plenty of conversations about Warframe’s progression and direction, and we’ll be answering your questions! 

Prizes? We will be starting the year off with lots of prizes, including another Twitch Drop for the Stream! 

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Friday January 12th at 2 p.m EDT (convert here: https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/)   

If you have questions for us please post them below! This thread closes at 10 a.m EDT on Friday, January 12th!  

First devstream of 2018. That’s absolutely insane to think about!

Question 1: Will there be any more Ayatan Sculptures that will be added into the game? I love Fashion ship, and would love to see more to be added!

Question 2: Will Ayatan Stars be ever added as a ship decoration? 

How about: 

• new Clan management system;
  • fields for "Clan description"(Clan Rules), except for the already available "motd"
  • more flexible and variable "Hierarchy and Roles" system;
  • stricter access to the Dojo and Labs (to avoid players who join the clan, buy BP's and leave).

And, when new wf augments planning?

#1 when is the updated "Dev workshop" coming out? 

#2 when is Khora/IPS changes coming out? 

#3 Any new primes soon?

#4 Are we going to be able to sit in our lisit any time soon? (EXE in the one space you just gave us)

#5 Sacrifice coming soon? (Like very soon because I wanna get rid of purple lotus)

#6 Clan ops status?

The 2018th Year

• What this year will be for the game? The Year of Quests? Or maybe the Landscapes?

Apostasy and Sacrifice quests

• If you happened to read some theories, thoughts or ideas, were any of them closer or perhaps even nailed your ideas for said quests' events?

The Ancension

• Seeing how Dr. Tengus betrayed Hek and released the Infestation only fuels my desire to serve him the justice. Will we face him in the game, and if we will, how soon? Also, will he find the purpose of the old Fomorian Ships we sabotaged in the Sling-Stone operation?

Damage 2.5; IPS

• This subject was probably the most controversal thing the community had to deal with in the last year. Did the amount of feedback it received inspire or give you more ideas how to handle the physical damage making both Impact and Puncture being as useful as Slash?

For example (not lobbying!), Impact could scale up this way: Current Stagger / Stronger and Longer Stun / Strong Blow that opens affected enemy for Finishers, so rather than ping-ponging ragdolled enemy all over the place you'd just hit him hard enough to finish him off. Given your plans to implement dual wielding for one-handed Secondary and Melee (any word on this one, by the way?) this seems to be a good and fluid combination.

Damage 2.5; Elemental Damage

• While we're yet to hear anything on this part of the Damage 2.5, can you give any hints or share your plans how you want to handle Toxin & Gas, Magnetic and Blast procs? I did mention the Blast because, personally, I think that initially planned ragdoll for Impact fits Blast much better.
  • Will Gas procs be useless against the Grineer and Corpus' personnel as long as they have their masks on, but the moment you shoot them off the Gas kicks in and becomes really lethal?
  • Shamelessly borrowing Cold procs from the Mass Effect and Borderlands' The Pre-Sequel games:
Spoiler

rFpYezx.png

f4X82Qq.png

So... Any chance that having Cold alone with >100% Status would mean that you can literally freeze affected enemies solid giving them Melee and Blast (having Cold on Secondary and Blast on Primary) damage resistance debuffs?

Resistance 2.5

• SInce we're getting Damage 2.5 first, I assume 3.0 is either IPS with Elemental and Enemy Resistance being all-in-one parts, or just the Resistance part itself? Anyway, I would like to hear if you guys consider any chance to address the scaling issue? I mean, if you cap the enemy level, that one part of broken armour/damage scaling not only goes away, but also gives you more space for tinkering and defines the line when 'hard is hard'. You have the enemy level cap, you can tinker with max. possible enemy count on the map, you can tinker with Weaknesses and Resistances with greater effect.

I mean, with the gear we currently have doing Endless Missions is just a matter of getting or not getting bored rather than not being able to kill stuff past certain point. Alternatively, you could make a synergy between any sort of armour and IPS damage, basically the way the Ambulas' body armour works: say, inflict enough Impact procs to destroy armour plates to weaken the enemy while Puncture could simply let your hits/shot bypass said body armour.

Status 2.0

• Aside from over 100% Status utility, have you considered the individual (per enemy type) effects of elemental procs? For example, the Radiation could be bad for Crewmen working the way it currently does <100%, but against the robotics having >100% could simply disable MOAs (unalarmed state, disabled Eximus aura, finishers etc.), while for Crewmen it would cause the radiation sickness: disorientation leading to accuracy, reaction and movement debuffs. Something like that.

Continuous weapons

• Do you consider moving back to original Damage 1.0 for continuous weapons with damage per ammo consumed? Or making their own mods, because sharing the Rifle mods don't help that much. Or, maybe, making them work the way the Void beam does? Bullet-based weapons can deal status per bullet's hit while the continous weapons are limited to dealing both damage and status per second.

Arcanes 1.0

• Any chance you will change your mind and let us transfer 1.0 Arcane effects to new helmets? It reallly hurts when you are sticking to the old helmet because it has sweet stats to balance your build out while being unable to simply transfer its stats to Tennogen/Prime/Delux helmets you really like.

Arcanes 2.0

• Are you going to expand the PoE features by separating current arcanes into: Warframe / Primary / Secondary / Melee categories with their own slots?

Modular guns

• Do you have any plans about making modular guns? Zaw seems to fit the Ostron thematically, but will the Corpus settlement be specilized on the modern energy and ballistic weaponry instead? For example, Fallout 4's Weapon Modding is pretty similar: you have Grip and Stock categories that determine what you get: Side arm or Primary. Then you have other various stats which are affected by chosen mod: recoil, action points (for using in V.A.T.S.), Crit-Chance and Crit-Damage, Armour-Piercing damage or just damage etc.

Individual extraction from Excavation and Survival missions

• Do you have any plans on implementing similar to PoE feature in Survival, Excavation and the other game modes?

Warframe, Weapon augments, Syndicate weapons

• Will we see more of Syndicate weapons and augments? Any ETA on Warframe augments? I think we had enough Augment polls in DC subforum and yet so few actually made it into the game, I understand you were busy with the Plains and all, but still, just wondering.

«Sentinel Repair-kit» consumable item

• How do you like an idea of implementing Sentinel Repair-Kit consumable which would work the way Archwing works on the Plains? Upgrade the Sentinel segment and craft consumable x50 repair-kits, so you could repair your destroyed sentinel as long as you have enough kits in your gear menu. Could've been a meaningful resource sink.

Second bounty board on the Plains (QoL)

• Personally, the lack of it was the main reason I didn't bother with the Ghouls event in the first place. I did a few runs, got 2 or 4 fragments and just couldn't continue moving back and forth just to pick the same Bounty. The question is simple, do you have plans to put a second Bounty Board outside the Cetus?

I don't think it would hurt the Cetus anyhow: if you need trading or Vendors, you still need to enter the settlement. Having the board outside would be just a great QoL change and sure would make the player's experience much better.

PoE Cetus arsenal and foundry

• Could you please let us use Operator Arsenal in the Quills' place to customize, change Focus School and AMPs there instead of departing to Orbiter to fly back after? The same thing goes for our Foundry, what if our warframes could get an access to Old man Suumbaat's foundry for some:credits:?

1) Do you think Zephyr will get a rework this year? She's fun to play, but I feel also consistently and easily outclassed by most, if not all, of the other Warframes for high level content.
2) On a similar note, channeling mods for melee feel like you're using all the same mod slots to do the same things sometimes, at the cost of energy, that crit or status builds do all the time. Any chance of seeing channeling tuned up?
3) Will we be able to get focus lenses more consistently? It's already pretty expensive to make better lenses, between the cost of a forma and the greater lens blueprint, which makes going to Cetus and either 1) doing the same bounty repeatedly for two hours to try to get more than a couple of lenses or 2) seeing that the kind of lens you're after isn't even on the bounty board feel like even more of a drag.
4) Following up on Cetus, have you considered letting us do things like check the bounty board or manage Ostron and Quill standing from our orbiters? The time saved would add up quickly in planning what to do at any given point.

Q1: I've always wondered what the basic idea for the Observation dojo room was, apart from allowing players to gaze out into space, I mean. The solar system setup reminds me a lot about the navigation room in the relays. Are there plans to give the Observation room a function similar to our Orbiter's and the relay's navigation areas?

Q2: You might want to consider touching up the Latron Prime's model a bit, specifically its barrel. It looks distinctly outdated and low poly compared to the rest of the arsenal.

Q3: How about changing the "threat" on planetary tilesets from running out of oxygen to being targeted by an enemy orbital bombardment strike, which players have to delay by activating jamming beacons the Lotus sends in? It'd only require the team to program the bombardment strike effects, altered Lotus flavour text and UI text to fit the situation, which would make a hell of a lot more sense than suffocating in open air.

Q4: With the Riven system being here to stay, did you consider making the quality of the rolls reflect how much Kuva one has spent on them, rewarding with an ever improving(even if its ever so slightly) chance of getting a good result? It's not a perfect solution, but right now the system is essentially just a slow machine with any kind of progression towards a player's goal being entirely based on luck.

Q5: Anything you can share in regards to an Eris planetary tileset? Yes, Steve, I haven't forgotten about your little slip up in your first stream.

Q6: How's the Orokin hacking puzzle coming? Will we ever have an explanation of why the Corpus hacking puzzles have always shown an "Intrusion detected" message regardless of how fast or efficient you are in hacking? Is this a feature that hasn't been worked on since?

Q7: Ever thought about opening the Derelicts up to public play? A way to do that could be by changing the key mechanic to an "timed access" pass, increasing the crafting cost but on the flipside allowing players who use a derelict key to access those missions for a limited amount of time.

Q8: The way you chose to handle draining player resource bloat has been rather unfortunate in the past, as seemingly random weapons requiring 100 times as many resources than every other weapon around them. To address this issue more fairly and efficiently in the future, I'd like to point out a thread I've made very recently about turning every item players can get more than one of into a crafting resource, introducing blueprints for consumables in the game that don't just require 4 specific resources but 4 of a certain category of resources. That way you encourage players to drain what they have most of on an individual bases without punishing certain groups that haven't amassed stockpiles of very specific resource.

Spoiler

Q9: Whenever the subject of endgame is brought up, it almost always comes with suggestions about more 'difficult' content but sufferes from the reliance on extrinsic rewards, which once acquired, cannot attract reward oriented players anymore. Did you ever think about going to polar opposite and expand the agency players have over the world state as a possible way to engage them long term without any need for extrinsic rewards? What if players on a large scale could actually affect the balance of the factions in the solar system like the lore tries to make us believe? Remember when invasions were introduced and the Grineer ended up occupying the entirety of Pluto? What if you allowed for these radical chances to happen in game by design and attach real consequences to the Corpus loosing their Ambulas manufacturing grounds?

Spoiler

***This was fixed on the latest PC patch as of the time of this edit, unsure if it can be hotfixed on consoles but THANK YOU SO MUCH. It was driving me insane lol***

Can Void Mode/Dash please be fixed or at least acknowledged for those of us who use controllers? PC has a workaround since they can remap crouch; consoles don't, and crouch is fine where it is. It's the slide that's the problem. Operator slide could be double tap, or moved; it doesn't matter. It's a gimmick that rarely gets used and took place of something most people use every single mission. Void Dash is a very integral part of Operator gameplay and the added delay that didn't exist at all before PoE can be pretty frustrating for those of us accustomed to the old way.

Since this comes up every time it's mentioned, we are not saying Void Dash doesn't work at all, just that the added delay since slide took it's controller mapping leads to us doing the stupid dance in this GIF more often than Dashing since we have been doing it the exact same way at the same speed for the entire year before PoE

giphy.gif

Here's 9 different threads from one Google search of "warframe controller void mode", with the first two threads having loads of responses that show how big of an impact it is:

Archived