Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #104!

[DE]Rebecca

As a Grineer fanboy, I would like to ask,
would it be possible to make Kuva Khavat/Kubrow armour equipable on Hyekka/Drahk skins? At the moment it is possible to preview those armours (equip in case of kubrow) on aforementioned skins but those are still uncompatible. I really want to finish my Kuva fashion with a nice pet.

Secondly, with Operator rework with I absolutelly love, do you plan on expanding the focus trees? I would love to see alternative abilities being added to add a bit of diversity within our existing focus schools as it would bring a bit more gameplay variety.
For example, as Unairu main, new crouch ability is great, but It is not too useful unless I play with a team, therefore, what about something similar to Medurai's additional damage for time spent crouched/invisible that would generate additional defence for the player for certain numbers of hits received. It's just to give you rough idea what I mean.

Thanks a lot, and see you during the devstream <3

The first weapon balancing was mostly primary, when will secondaries/melee be balanced?

Any news on the sentient carrier thingy you showed in a Devstream a while ago?

Any news on another deluxe skin?

Will there be more syndicate weapons?

Can Focus be added to the Arsenal?

Can Arcanes be added to the Arsenal instead of being forced on a syandana?

Any plans on allowing Archwing Mission to be fissures, so the entire planet of Uranus can be used for fissure missions?

Will long endless run be more rewarding? e.g. the 2nd B Rotation reward rewards 2 B Rotation Reward, or the 3rd B Rotation, maybe that is more balanced?

Any News on new Captura Scenes?  Lua and Kuva Fortress please?

Can Kuva Fortress and Lua be Fissure-viable please?

Will Corrupted Mods get a look at again at some point? Especially since mods like Magnum Force are outclassed heavily by new common mods

Gentleman  a short view back to the past. four years ago,Some Guy told us: "Take a trained monkey, place him infront of the computer and he is able to copter through the void." four years later years later some guy told us: "I had to move through the void like a robot. It's very complicated." And some other guy said, err, he pressed during the mission, I don't remember what mission, the wrong button on the keyboard. Question for you to both. Is warframe movement today too complicated with 20 and more buttons on the keyboard for movement, are you too much under effort, under pressure? What are your wishes for the future, concerning movement, errrm, during the race? Less buttons, more? Or less and more communication  with your lotus.

Welcome back and looking forward to what 2018 will bring to the game

Are there any plans to allow the original non-prime skin for a primed weapon, similar to how we can for the warframes themselves? For example, I'd love to be able to use the appearance of the non-prime Silva and Aegis on the Silva and Aegis Prime.

Also can we get Oberon's non prime shoulder armor as an additional option for Oberon Prime?

Are there any new companions in the works, besides the Kavat that is for the new frame?

What are the chances of making Fieldron, Mutagen Mass, and Detonite Injector blueprints reusable? Although it is easy enough to get them from farming Invasion missions. I just think it's weird that most other items have reusable blueprints but these 3 items have been around for so long now and we're still required to purchase a blueprint from the dojo each time we want to craft them.

Can't wait for the next stream. Hope I make it live. Welcome back from the holidays.

I've some questions.

1. Thematics; future of Warframe; major revisions - Do you think that you'll ever completely rework some aspects of Warframe such as older frames that don't see much use? I know it goes against the meta and might piss some players off but there are older frames out there that need some love to keep them in the game.

1.1 Thematics - I've been wondering whether you have any plans to create more frames like Limbo, built around a very specific, specialized status effect like the Rift. It would be amazing to see more frames like this and, if you plan on reworking older frames, to see older frames rebuilt to truly reflect their theme. I bring this up due to my love for Atlas who is described as a 'Brawler' yet he only has one brawling move and the rest revolve around summoning rocks and freezing mobs. Reworking frames around specialized status effects most or all of their skills directly or indirectly interact with might just save some of the older thematic frames which people only play for a single skill, e.g. Valkyr, Ember.

2. Funky out of bounds areas post-Parkour 2.0 - Any plans on reworking map bounds to reflect the improved movement capabilities of the frames? Examples include wallrunning to the top of the Void Defense map and jumping onto a catwalk in many places in the Grineer Shipyard. This has been bothering me for years now.

3. Operator progression -  I know this might be in the 'possibly maybe in the far future' but are there plans to get our operators out of the tween years?

4. Tau system - When?

Could we get an ETA or a current look at where the Kingpin system is, as well as maybe more info on the Sun/Moon Decision options effect on the game?

Spoiler

Also, since the newest Prologue quest, could we expect the Lotus Voice packs that were discussed AGES ago as an actual in-game possibility?

DE, I praise the work you've done since I began playing during update 7 stormbringer. My criticism is out of the respect I have for warframe.

I'll be listing concerns, questions, and feedback that I've had over the course of several years. Much of this will be taken from my post on devstream 57.  My focus will be veteran content and player retention. Please feel free to condense, rearrange, and/or paraphrase. Questions are in bold.  

(1) Challenging Combat

I'll start by saying that I believe a meaningful rework of damage is meaningless while you cling to pure infinite scaling for nearly all challenging content after mastery 7. My position has always been that a combination of scaling and evolution is ideal. We shouldn't continue to fight the same exact enemies from our first day onward through the rest of the game because it creates an insidious problem. The vast majority of enemy units were designed to challenge players that don't have a fraction of the capabilities that veterans possess. They are relics from a time when iron skin's 8 seconds of invulnerability was considered OP. Rooms of enemies can be slowed, stunlocked, blinded, etc. to the point of complete incapacitation which completely removes all challenge regardless of enemy level. This is the waiting-room problem. Enemies require the capabilities to properly engage veteran players and the nullifier crewman is proof that at one time DE believed the same.  DE, how do you plan to solve this problem? I believe the answer is enemy evolution. 

This brings me more questions.

If there are very few enemies that challenge strong players, for what content does the player become stronger? 

If veteran's aren't challenged (in combat) then how does DE know how to reward them?

Why is endless the only regular place for possibly challenging combat after an unreasonably long wait after mastery 7? Is it time for a second solar system?

Since there is no proper progression, I must use the mastery system to imperfectly gauge player strength. I'd like the same feeling of challenge i felt before/at mastery 7.

TL;DR The tenno have received "reinforcements" non-stop for many years. I believe its time for enemies to receive theirs.

(2) Player Division & Engagement

The lack of progression is something I've overlooked for a long time because I believed that DE might find it necessary to group all players together to compensate for a small player base. Due to DE's hard work, this has not been the case for a while.  A lack of player division creates a unique balancing problem; one that will plague DE even after damage 2.5 or any other sweeping change. For an understanding of this problem, lets examine The Plains of Eidolon (POE). DE made POE explicitly for the entire player base which created a nightmare in the form of reward balancing. Veterans and newer players fundamentally expect to be rewarded differently and on different scales depending on their capability to complete content while respecting difficulty. However, in POE, this capacity artificially controlled by offering players a limited number of missions for standing every couple hours; one of which is engaging for veterans. (<Try to get the point across better in those last two sentences)   

Is it time for mastery locked modes and missions?

Here when I mention veterans, I assume they aren't playing with handicaps or leveling but not necessarily using endgame gear. I refer to content that engages them as any that might challenge them.

(Incomplete)

(3) WIki Dependence

I propose a Codex Room in each relay. Each relay will provide players with detailed information about every universal mechanic. The room will be limited in that it will only provide enemy, warframe, and mod information about the current and previous planets. Detailed information about non-prime weapons will be mastery locked. Players will only be able to view the weapons available at their current and next rank. Only the pluto relay will contain void and derelict information. The ship codex will be a digested version of this room. Does DE have any plans to curb wiki dependence?

(copy/paste from devstream 57)

(4) The Infested

(5) Resource Gathering Progression

This post will appear on every devstream while I continue to play. TO BE CONTINUED

Orbiter-decorating questions:

Question 1: With the opening if the personal quarters, can we expect to see larger decorations soon? I really want to have a largish bush or small tree to fill some of the empty spaces in the transference room and the connecting hallway.

Question 2: Have you thought of making a rotate option for decorations so that they can be made to hang from the ceiling? Stuff like the Caged Condroc really looks better hanging than on the floor.

1. Have you ever considered custom Interiors for ships? such as Scimitar Interior?.

2. I started playing in July 2017, I love warframe and Prime Access packs on unvault, now I'd love to have Valkyr Prime Access, is there any chance you'll be releasing access packs seperately, because according to unvault which happens every 6 months, vaulkyr prime access will be in 4.5 years, and I'd love to have the access before that.

3. Do you plan to do Kuva Rework? Just for collecting, like make kuva fortress more intresting let enemies drop them, it's cool place that I never visit sadly, and I'd love endless Kuva. :)

vor 6 Stunden schrieb AuroraSonicBoom:

Q1: I've always wondered what the basic idea for the Observation dojo room was, apart from allowing players to gaze out into space, I mean. The solar system setup reminds me a lot about the navigation room in the relays. Are there plans to give the Observation room a function similar to our Orbiter's and the relay's navigation areas?

On that note, when will we finally get the option to make our own Clan Alerts or has that idea been scrapped again?

Archived