Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game freezing/dropping FPS randomly

Cesium117

My game keeps freezing randomly during missions and sometimes the ship. I have a fairly new PC: i7-8700k, GTX 1070 8GB of VRAM, 16GB of RAM, liquid cooler for CPU. I can't figure out what is wrong. When I launch the game everything runs smooth as butter, but then sometimes I will start to get ~40 FPS and then it will freeze on one frame. I can still move/shoot/type, but I can't see anything due to there being one image permanently stuck on screen. This even happens without the frame drops before, and I can't seem to play for more than 30 mins, but it can happen within 5. I have updated windows, and my GPU drivers recently, reinstalled the game on a new partition, even moved from HDD to SDD, and it still persists. I scoured through my HDD and SDD to look for virus' found a few and they were deleted, ran more virus scans, no more virus'. Still I can't seem to get this problem to go away. It started a few days ago.

Sadly i have had the same issue since the latest update, i hope they fix this soon or i have to completely stop playing altogether. I mean who the heck wants to play a game where you cannot even play a max of 30 minutes before everything you did was wiped and shut down on you?

I've also been having a similar problem I know it isn't my laptop it's never happened before and it's not an internet problem since I've tried it multiple times on different internets I have a print screen of proof (I don't know how to upload) the FPS just keeps on droping majorly even at title screen it gets worse in game  

• 2 weeks later...

So i've been testing different ways to play the game (high-low graphics, windowed vs full screen) and i have noticed that in window mode on anything higher then the lowest settings freezes on me yet in full screen: i can go highest settings for everything and i have played 4 dracos, all to about 30+ minutes, and a handful of the higher level bounties on earth and i have not crashed or frozen. Only a few frame hiccups here and there but nothing to stop the game or my enjoyment. 

I have the same problem I legit cant play anything anymore cause the next moment I load a map my screen freezes even in my ship after 15-30 minutes my fps drops from 250 maxed out setting to 15-20 and even if I change them to the lowest settings that wont help 

I've seen this problem myself a few times, but a game restart is enough to fix it for me. (I have a very similar desktop configuration as well. An i7-6700K, GTX 1080, 32GB of RAM and a Corsair H60 liquid cooler on my CPU.)
@[DE]Dmitri might have something to say about this, I'll let him know.

Until then, I'd recommend trying to play without DX10 or 11 enabled, just to try it.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

I'd suggest everybody getting DDU and doing a complete, fresh install of the latest video drivers. If you go and just do Clean and Restart and then reinstall the drivers it will probably fix these issues. I remember when I had TDR crashes that were somewhat similar to this in the past that doing a clean install of my drivers would pretty much always fix it.

I've thoroughly tested this with my computer. 
i7-8700k
Zotac GTX 1080 AMP
16 GB of DDR4 RAM.

On high settings bordless fullscreen, after about 3 or so missions run (more precisely 3 or 4 loading screens on average) the game will drop down from 300+ frames to strictly 30 frames, no higher than 45. At one point it runs at 19frames, if enough is going on on-screen.

In task manager I can see warframe will eat 50ish percent of my cpu, but not max it out, and there is no ram memory leak either, and my GPU is running no where close to it's limit. 

I have re-installed my Graphics Drivers, reinstalled warframe twice from two different internet connections, verified and optimized the download cache several times, restarted my computer, moved my game to another drive, played it there with the same issue occurring after 5 loading screens.

Playing in fullscreen crashes my game after a few games.

I'm going to be testing to see if any individual settings have any effect, ie physX, but for now all I can see is just issues in DE's engine rather than my computer since no other game I've played has had these issues, which includes Rainbow Six Siege, SWTOR, Skyrim, Just Cause 3, and others.

I posted a general comment in the update forums, but just to have some additional notes:

After updating Warframe to the current build (22.10.0), I've experienced issues with FPS, going down to 23 FPS in the star chart, then back to 150+ in my ship. Also, several missions have had me drop down to 2X FPS and multiple connection drops. I am unsure if there is a connection, but the game was running fine for 2 hours prior to the update. I've updated my Nvidia drivers, shut down and restarted my PC, mixed with graphic settings etc and doesn't seem to work. The connection and FPS drops only appear to be an issue when playing with others.

The time inbetween the 2 updates was perfect for me then when they did the update before the hotfix I started getting issues again DE it seems to worked during that time so whatever you did please leave it the same 

Edited by TristanPrime
Updates screwed it up again

Specs:

Operating System 
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 
CPU 
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.50GHz 46 °C 
Yorkfield 45nm Technology 
RAM 
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz (5-5-5-15) 
Motherboard 
Intel Corporation DG33SXG2 (J1PR) 
Graphics 
ELEFW401A (1920x1080@60Hz) 
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (EVGA) 19 °C 
Storage 
298GB Western Digital WDC WD3200AAJS-22B4A0 (SATA) 34 °C 
298GB Western Digital WDC WD3200AAJS-22B4A0 (SATA) 35 °C 
465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500G (SSD) 35 °C

Problem:

When playing in missions, screen will freeze randomly (even when nothing is going on) but sound still plays normally.

Tested remedies:

1) I tested it and it's not network lag. Frames just drop to zero for 2-5 seconds.

2) Lowered graphic settings to lowest settings. Still happens with same frequency.

3) Disable directX11.

4) Virus scan. Negative results.

5) Restarted computer.

6) Closed all background programs.

7) verified and optimized cache.

8) Made sure latest drivers were installed.

9) Prayed...(I was desperate)

Noteworthy observations:

1) Problem was not present until after the Hotfix 22.10.1 restart.

2) Problem not dependent on render item/particle/entity count.

3) Problem not dependent on abilities being used.

4) Problem not level/tileset/planet dependent.

5) Problem is making baby Jesus cry.

Thank you for your time and I hope that the problem is solved soon so I can continue to fully enjoy my favorite game. Have a nice day.

I'm getting them multiple times per hour now. minidump says it's. "ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+154ea0 )" Which as a software related error is usually a conflict with antivirus software. I'm using Windows Defender, which I can't uninstall, and I don't want to disable permanently for this. Although, I'll try doing that for now.

Yesterday I updated drivers, and ran a Memtest, the usual, etc. to see if it was on my side(got no errors, just lots of settings reset to default). But that was pointless now that I think about it cause it only happens with Warframe.

Edit: So turning off real time protection seems to only help a little. I have 8 crashdumps since the 18th, all reporting this error.

Edited by FubblesOB