Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Please Delete This Thread.]

bowiespoon

1 hour ago, bowiespoon said:

The woman looked perplexed by his first word, though her smile didn't waver.

"I'm Ebony," she said, stepping through the gate into the city, "And I've been assigned to you as a combination of guide, translator, and chaperone while you're here. Dras-Trethi, by the way, means 'Cause no trouble'."

The first thing Cyrus would notice upon stepping into the city proper would be the staggering amount of propaganda. It seemed like every wall had some sort of poster put up, covered in a water-proof lacquer. Some declared messages like, "Report any suspicious activity - Your neighbors could be enemies of the state!" or, "Obedience is the greatest of Virtues." but many focused specifically on warframes, showing pictures of the tenno drenched in blood, with the words, "Enemies of the state!" written below. Some listed the horrific things various warframes could do to the common man, while others were simple pictures detailing the various types of warframes.

The actual buildings these posters were plastered over were sturdily build, designed to resist both the rain and sea. Most were made of metal or stone, and were several stories high to conserve space. Electric lights were everywhere, providing a ubiquitous source of light regardless of what time it was. People walked by, their eyes on the ground and their pace quickening whenever they neared a watchman. Some had the rain shields like Ebony and the guards, but most simply wore coats. There were many motorized vehicles, but were designed oddly, with the focus being on durability and traction rather than style. 

Ebony walked down the road, still smiling.

"I'll need to see your papers for a moment," she said, "In order to notify your employer that you've made it into the city without trouble, and to coordinate a route to where you will be working."

As she spoke, she pulled out a small device similar to what the guard had used to scan Cyrus's 'papers'.

Cyrus handed her the chip as he gazed in wonder at the city. It was much bigger from the inside... from orbit, the place looked puny. Most of all what struck him were the anti-Tenno propaganda. It came as a shock to him that the heroic tales of what Tenno had done in the past fell on deaf ears, here. Then again, these days Tenno were becoming less and less honorable. Some almost as greedy as the Corpus, hoarding platinum and squabbling over ancient Orokin Modifications.

Perhaps we need another Sentient invasion, Cyrus thought humorously.

8 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

The streets were deserted, save for an old man covered in rags. He was missing an arm, and clutched a bottle in the other. He didn't even glance up when the manhole clattered against the street. As the tenno crawled out of the sewer, the full brunt of the rain hit them. They were in the refugee district, a slums hastily constructed to house the ever-growing population. Unlike the rest of the city, there was little in the way of lighting here, save for what little ambient light made it past the thunderstorms.

Even still, a majority of the buildings were currently unoccupied, for reasons beyond the tenno. They lacked electricity and furnishings, but it beat being out in the rain.

Not especially picky, the two settled on the nearest. The Ivara's operator watched the old man carefully. Even like this, either of the two could snap someone's neck quickly. They were both thankful for their cloaks, as they were able to stay at least partially dry. The Rhino's operator slowly opened the door of the house, his hand on his Lex pistol in case something went wrong.

As the unending storm continued, a small craft settled into a lazy orbit. Geordie, the craft's sole passenger, finished changing from his usual tenno operator garb into a less conspicuous. He pulled a heavy cloak around his shoulders, the sand-colored fabric covering the coppers and greens of his clothes. After a moment of staring at the churning storms below him, Geordie flipped through the scanner until he found the signal of Perennial's flight tower.

"This is BO-34 to Perennial flight tower, I'm looking to land. I don't suppose you have a pad open?"

((HOO boy, I'll admit, I'm always nervous at the start of a new arc.))

((.........I could totally shorten that to 'I'm always nervous', actually))

High above the reach of the numerous scanners and radars sat a Scimitar. The smooth craft was coated with Prisma energy flakes that seemed to almost translucent. Inside two figures stood, reviewing their plan one last time. 

"For the last time, I understand the plan 100% perfectly" a Frost user complained. 

"Fine. But I don't want you forgetting the entry strategy. Time is not on our side." an older, and much more battle hardened Rhino scolded. 

Underneath the Aurora helmet, the Frost user rolled his eyes.

Both Tenno stood and moved towards the Archwing firing bay of the ship. 

It was a simple plan. Get in, get disguised and take apart the black market from the inside and rescue/destroy any Warframes being sold. Such a simple plan, yet a million things could go wrong at any given moment.

Two pods shot out of the bottom of the ship and sped towards the ocean below. 

"Gonna have to do a HALO jump!" The Rhino called over the comms. 

"Understood" The Frost replied.

Both pods split open and let loose two Archwings that didn't activate the engines until they reached roughly a meter above the water. Their engines flared as two Itzals surged above the rough waves for a second before vanishing from sight. The two operatives didn't resurface until they reached a cliff, but only momentarily. The two stopped to look at their surroundings and get a grasp on where they were. 

On 1/11/2018 at 2:46 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

Cyrus handed her the chip as he gazed in wonder at the city. It was much bigger from the inside... from orbit, the place looked puny. Most of all what struck him were the anti-Tenno propaganda. It came as a shock to him that the heroic tales of what Tenno had done in the past fell on deaf ears, here. Then again, these days Tenno were becoming less and less honorable. Some almost as greedy as the Corpus, hoarding platinum and squabbling over ancient Orokin Modifications.

Perhaps we need another Sentient invasion, Cyrus thought humorously.

Ebony took the chip and swiped it through the small tablet, passing it back as she turned her attention to the text on her device.

"Damn," she said, sounding surprised, "You've got access to almost the entire city."

She continued to look at her device as it mapped out a route to where Cyrus was to report to.

"Now, let's see where you need to be...." Her face suddenly paled as the route was charted on her device, and she glanced back up at him nervously.

"I.... uhh.... follow me, I'll show you where Rothman's estate is." she said, her voice suddenly a lot smaller.

She put the device into a waterproof case, and began to walk in a new direction, heading further into the urban sprawl. The new path seemed to take them through slightly more upscale buildings.

On 1/11/2018 at 2:52 PM, Daakjenaar said:

Not especially picky, the two settled on the nearest. The Ivara's operator watched the old man carefully. Even like this, either of the two could snap someone's neck quickly. They were both thankful for their cloaks, as they were able to stay at least partially dry. The Rhino's operator slowly opened the door of the house, his hand on his Lex pistol in case something went wrong.

The old man didn't make a move, save to hug his rags closer to him and take another swig of his bottle. 

The building, constructed out of thin sheets of metal, was completely empty. The room rang with the sound of rain pattering against it, and thunder boomed in the distance. It was cold, unfurnished, and leaked in the corners, but it beat being outside.

On 1/11/2018 at 4:22 PM, rabbitsandroses said:

As the unending storm continued, a small craft settled into a lazy orbit. Geordie, the craft's sole passenger, finished changing from his usual tenno operator garb into a less conspicuous. He pulled a heavy cloak around his shoulders, the sand-colored fabric covering the coppers and greens of his clothes. After a moment of staring at the churning storms below him, Geordie flipped through the scanner until he found the signal of Perennial's flight tower.

"This is BO-34 to Perennial flight tower, I'm looking to land. I don't suppose you have a pad open?"

((HOO boy, I'll admit, I'm always nervous at the start of a new arc.))

((.........I could totally shorten that to 'I'm always nervous', actually))

After several seconds of static, a voice crackled into his comms.

"Head to landing pad twelve. Do not delay." As the person spoke, floodlights lit up the landing pad, and a lone guard walked out onto the pad. He glanced behind him, as if to confirm he was alone.

On 1/11/2018 at 4:40 PM, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

High above the reach of the numerous scanners and radars sat a Scimitar. The smooth craft was coated with Prisma energy flakes that seemed to almost translucent. Inside two figures stood, reviewing their plan one last time. 

"For the last time, I understand the plan 100% perfectly" a Frost user complained. 

"Fine. But I don't want you forgetting the entry strategy. Time is not on our side." an older, and much more battle hardened Rhino scolded. 

Underneath the Aurora helmet, the Frost user rolled his eyes.

Both Tenno stood and moved towards the Archwing firing bay of the ship. 

It was a simple plan. Get in, get disguised and take apart the black market from the inside and rescue/destroy any Warframes being sold. Such a simple plan, yet a million things could go wrong at any given moment.

Two pods shot out of the bottom of the ship and sped towards the ocean below. 

"Gonna have to do a HALO jump!" The Rhino called over the comms. 

"Understood" The Frost replied.

Both pods split open and let loose two Archwings that didn't activate the engines until they reached roughly a meter above the water. Their engines flared as two Itzals surged above the rough waves for a second before vanishing from sight. The two operatives didn't resurface until they reached a cliff, but only momentarily. The two stopped to look at their surroundings and get a grasp on where they were. 

The 'cliff' they had arrived at was not a natural formation, but rather a manmade one. A colossal metal plane had been constructed when the city had begun to outgrow its natural borders. Pillar upon pillar of stone jutted out from the ocean, shouldering an incomprehensible load.

On the platform was a ghetto of sorts, built to house the growing refugee population. The security seemed lighter here, making it an ideal place for a more conventional infiltration.

Edited by bowiespoon

On 1/10/2018 at 9:20 PM, bowiespoon said:

1. Though the populace of Perennial has been turned against you, many of the refugees have grown up hearing stories of tenno heroism. One of the pilots who ferries Refugees to the city is a known sympathizer, and could be convinced to allow for an extra passenger, provided that they have a way of getting past the security checkpoints without blowing up half the city. This method is among the safer ones, and won't attract much in the way of suspicion from the city watch. However, refugees are currently confined to the refugee quarter, so you'll need to either sneak out or acquire a job that allows free travel throughout the city once you arrive. This method presumes that you're willing to go about as an operator for long periods of time.

(can I just say right now that I'm despising the posting mechanics again? lost a paragraph of work simply by refreshing instead of opening a new tab x.x)

On one of the shuttles inbound to the floating city, (it *is* floating, right? or are there giant elevators down to the bedrock we're not aware of?) two cloaked figures lay huddled together near one of the tiny viewports overlooking the abyss outside. The air is stale and suffocating, and clouds of perspiration fill the unmoving space as refugees are packed in into every nook and cranny tighter than ground meat in a grinder.

At least, that better be perspiration... one of the two figures thinks to themselves. Space is at a premium right now, and it was all the duo could do to claim this small corner before another person tried to horn in. 

Neither of the duo are carrying much, the larger of the two only having a personal backpack that they're guarding fiercely in front of their chest, the hunched one sitting on the floor carrying only a simple metal walking stick.

Getting onto this flying coffin was nasty; more than once the duo saw pools of red and brown stained on the metal walls and floor as the larger one guides the decrepit one to the public latrine. 

I hope we can get to a shower after this... the figure thinks, hoping to somehow eke their way into the inner sections of the city in a reasonable timeframe.

Edited by souldrive11

47 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

The old man didn't make a move, save to hug his rags closer to him and take another swig of his bottle. 

The building, constructed out of thin sheets of metal, was completely empty. The room rang with the sound of rain pattering against it, and thunder boomed in the distance. It was cold, unfurnished, and leaked in the corners, but it beat being outside.

The Rhino's operator shrugged his cloak off upon stepping inside, and the Ivara's operator closed the door. They both pulled out their pistols, and slowly searched the building, looking for trapdoors leading to attics or basements to provide extra cover. They both had the basic Zariman jumpsuits, mostly because anything flashier than the black jumpsuits would be too noticeable. The Ivara's operator kept the hood on, and the Rhino's always had it removed. They left their cloaks on the ground as they searched the building, looking for supplies or unwanted tenants.

3 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

Ebony took the chip and swiped it through the small tablet, passing it back as she turned her attention to the text on her device.

"Damn," she said, sounding surprised, "You've got access to almost the entire city."

She continued to look at her device as it mapped out a route to where Cyrus was to report to.

"Now, let's see where you need to be...." Her face suddenly paled as the route was charted on her device, and she glanced back up at him nervously.

"I.... uhh.... follow me, I'll show you where Rothman's estate is." she said, her voice suddenly a lot smaller.

She put the device into a waterproof case, and began to walk in a new direction, heading further into the urban sprawl. The new path seemed to take them through slightly more upscale buildings.

Cyrus continually was surprised by the sheer scale of the city. But throughout it all, he kept his hands around his bag, self conscious always for stray hands of pickpockets and other thieves.

Taking note of Ebony's nervousness, Cyrus figured she, and most people, didn't go to the area where they were headed. For good reason too; the business associated with his employer doesn't exactly involve keeping clean hands. Wouldn't be the first time Cyrus worked with people like this, however.

2 hours ago, souldrive11 said:

(it *is* floating, right? or are there giant elevators down to the bedrock we're not aware of?)

On 1/10/2018 at 10:20 PM, bowiespoon said:

It is situated on one of the largest landmasses of Uranus, with man-made expansions constructed wherever they are needed.

((The city is sea-level))

2 hours ago, souldrive11 said:

(can I just say right now that I'm despising the posting mechanics again? lost a paragraph of work simply by refreshing instead of opening a new tab x.x)

On one of the shuttles inbound to the floating city, (it *is* floating, right? or are there giant elevators down to the bedrock we're not aware of?) two cloaked figures lay huddled together near one of the tiny viewports overlooking the abyss outside. The air is stale and suffocating, and clouds of perspiration fill the unmoving space as refugees are packed in into every nook and cranny tighter than ground meat in a grinder.

At least, that better be perspiration... one of the two figures thinks to themselves. Space is at a premium right now, and it was all the duo could do to claim this small corner before another person tried to horn in. 

Neither of the duo are carrying much, the larger of the two only having a personal backpack that they're guarding fiercely in front of their chest, the hunched one sitting on the floor carrying only a simple metal walking stick.

Getting onto this flying coffin was nasty; more than once the duo saw pools of red and brown stained on the metal walls and floor as the larger one guides the decrepit one to the public latrine. 

I hope we can get to a shower after this... the figure thinks, hoping to somehow eke their way into the inner sections of the city in a reasonable timeframe.

The shuttle gradually began to descend, causing a stir among the people on the cramped confines. After several long minutes, the ship shuddered and landed. Moments later, the rear doors opened, blasting everyone with bitterly cold winds and a torrent of rain. People hurriedly rushed out, clutching whatever they had with them. They spilled out onto a massive metal platform close to sea level, where at least a hundred other refugees already stood. A queue had already formed, with black-clad guards and officials of some sort in navy blue trying desperately to keep some semblance of order. Some of the people in line looked like they had been there for over a day.

A few figures in dirty white robes weaved through the crowds, handing out blankets to the refugees. They each wore a piece of a void key around their neck, and got numerous glares from the guards.

Then an enormous wave crashed into the platform, shaking it. Those nearby were drenched in water, and one person was pushed off the platform. Their cries for help were drowned out by the rain, and the black waves quickly swallowed them whole.

After this, any semblance of order was lost, and everyone began shoving to the front. Some guards began laying about with metal truncheons, trying to keep the refugees in line, but there efforts were in vain.

As the ship they had arrived on left to bring another load, they were left alone in the ensuing chaos.

2 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

After several seconds of static, a voice crackled into his comms.

"Head to landing pad twelve. Do not delay." As the person spoke, floodlights lit up the landing pad, and a lone guard walked out onto the pad. He glanced behind him, as if to confirm he was alone.

Geordie relaxed slightly when he saw there was only one guard. It would certainly make his job easier.

He guided the ship in for a landing on the designated pad, the rain pounding on the roof of his craft as he exited onto the slick landing platform. He held his cloak closed to let the waxy wool protect him from the onslaught of water.

He approached wordlessly, knowing the rain would muffle his words, and that yelling wouldn't be the best idea.

20 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

The shuttle gradually began to descend, causing a stir among the people on the cramped confines. After several long minutes, the ship shuddered and landed. Moments later, the rear doors opened, blasting everyone with bitterly cold winds and a torrent of rain. People hurriedly rushed out, clutching whatever they had with them. They spilled out onto a massive metal platform close to sea level, where at least a hundred other refugees already stood. A queue had already formed, with black-clad guards and officials of some sort in navy blue trying desperately to keep some semblance of order. Some of the people in line looked like they had been there for over a day.

A few figures in dirty white robes weaved through the crowds, handing out blankets to the refugees. They each wore a piece of a void key around their neck, and got numerous glares from the guards.

Then an enormous wave crashed into the platform, shaking it. Those nearby were drenched in water, and one person was pushed off the platform. Their cries for help were drowned out by the rain, and the black waves quickly swallowed them whole.

After this, any semblance of order was lost, and everyone began shoving to the front. Some guards began laying about with metal truncheons, trying to keep the refugees in line, but there efforts were in vain.

As the ship they had arrived on left to bring another load, they were left alone in the ensuing chaos.

In the middle of the platform, the pair take in their surroundings, the spray of the salt mist rolling off them.

Looking at their challenged partner once over, the cloaked figure hefts their metal shaped backpack back over both their shoulders and lowers a hand in support.

The hunched person grabs their hand; dull grey in what little light there is, and begin calmly walking together towards the edge of the dock, tapping their metal stick on the metal floor the whole time, making their way to the queue.

16 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

The 'cliff' they had arrived at was not a natural formation, but rather a manmade one. A colossal metal plane had been constructed when the city had begun to outgrow its natural borders. Pillar upon pillar of stone jutted out from the ocean, shouldering an incomprehensible load.

On the platform was a ghetto of sorts, built to house the growing refugee population. The security seemed lighter here, making it an ideal place for a more conventional infiltration.

The pair dumped their Archwings in the ocean and began to remove their suits. They had moved inward to attempt to take some shelter from the waves among the rocks. Once they were free from their Warframes and the suits hidden beneath the sand, the duo donned a pair of cloaks above their Tenno Jumpsuits and began their climb up the cliff. At the top, the Rhino operator peered over to check for any nearby civilians. 

"The coast is clear" he whispered into his comms.

The pair quickly moved their heavy bodies up onto the streets and took a moment to glance around. Just a moment though, since they had a safehouse to get to.

Edited by (PS4)SuperShadic445

On 1/12/2018 at 8:46 PM, Daakjenaar said:

The Rhino's operator shrugged his cloak off upon stepping inside, and the Ivara's operator closed the door. They both pulled out their pistols, and slowly searched the building, looking for trapdoors leading to attics or basements to provide extra cover. They both had the basic Zariman jumpsuits, mostly because anything flashier than the black jumpsuits would be too noticeable. The Ivara's operator kept the hood on, and the Rhino's always had it removed. They left their cloaks on the ground as they searched the building, looking for supplies or unwanted tenants.

The building was depressingly empty, devoid of both tenants and supplies. There were several floors of rooms above them, all uninhabited and equally unpleasant. They were all connected by a staircase in the corner of the building that each floor could access. A simple but sturdy door gave them some measure of privacy.

On 1/12/2018 at 10:15 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

Cyrus continually was surprised by the sheer scale of the city. But throughout it all, he kept his hands around his bag, self conscious always for stray hands of pickpockets and other thieves.

Taking note of Ebony's nervousness, Cyrus figured she, and most people, didn't go to the area where they were headed. For good reason too; the business associated with his employer doesn't exactly involve keeping clean hands. Wouldn't be the first time Cyrus worked with people like this, however.

Ebony led him through the city, the following half-hour a blur of towering buildings, all crammed together to form a hedge maze that only a local could truly memorize. Everywhere they went there were more black-clad watchmen, sometimes escorting officials wearing navy-blue uniforms identical to Ebony's. They seemed to be everywhere, though what role they served wasn't entirely clear.

Though there were roads, and plenty of vehicles driving down them, Ebony instead led them through the city on foot. For the better part of an hour, they trekked through what Ebony referred to as the 'main district', which seemed to be where the citizens of Perennial lived and worked. Even within the main district, there were different areas, and the part they walked through was significantly nicer than the part adjacent to the refugee district. The people here wore nicer clothes, and most had the light shielding that kept the rain off them.

Eventually, Ebony led them to a fortified wall that marked the border of the main district. On the other side lay the mansions of the city's aristocracy, as well as the government figureheads they controlled. Guards patrolled heavily here, and they carried provas and deras instead of the metal truncheons and outdated burstons used by the watchmen in other districts.

A single gate was the only way in and out of the noble district, and several squadrons of guards were stationed here. Automated turrets manufactured by the corpus had been mounted along the nearby sections of wall, and they were aimed at Ebony and Cyrus as they neared the checkpoint.

On 1/13/2018 at 12:03 AM, rabbitsandroses said:

Geordie relaxed slightly when he saw there was only one guard. It would certainly make his job easier.

He guided the ship in for a landing on the designated pad, the rain pounding on the roof of his craft as he exited onto the slick landing platform. He held his cloak closed to let the waxy wool protect him from the onslaught of water.

He approached wordlessly, knowing the rain would muffle his words, and that yelling wouldn't be the best idea.

The guard approached Geordia, somewhat surprised by how young he appeared.

"Please present your papers for inspection," he said over the rain, extending his hand.

Edited by bowiespoon

7 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

Ebony led him through the city, the following half-hour a blur of towering buildings, all crammed together to form a hedge maze that only a local could truly memorize. Everywhere they went there were more black-clad watchmen, sometimes escorting officials wearing navy-blue uniforms identical to Ebony's. They seemed to be everywhere, though what role they served wasn't entirely clear.

Though there were roads, and plenty of vehicles driving down them, Ebony instead led them through the city on foot. For the better part of an hour, they trekked through what Ebony referred to as the 'main district', which seemed to be where the citizens of Perennial lived and worked. Even within the main district, there were different areas, and the part they walked through was significantly nicer than the part adjacent to the refugee district. The people here wore nicer clothes, and most had the light shielding that kept the rain off them.

Eventually, Ebony led them to a fortified wall that marked the border of the main district. On the other side lay the mansions of the city's aristocracy, as well as the government figureheads they controlled. Guards patrolled heavily here, and they carried provas and deras instead of the metal truncheons and outdated burstons used by the watchmen in other districts.

A single gate was the only way in and out of the noble district, and several squadrons of guards were stationed here. Automated turrets manufactured by the corpus had been mounted along the nearby sections of wall, and they were aimed at Ebony and Cyrus as they neared the checkpoint.

"Tight security," Cyrus mumbled. He wondered why he was even hired in the first place. Sure, he had an extensive resume, but this part of the city had the defenses to rival a military compound.

It doesn't matter, Cyrus told himself, All that matters is you work for the time, and you get paid.

He followed Ebony to the gate, with the chip at the ready.

14 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

The guard approached Geordie, somewhat surprised by how young he appeared.

"Please present your papers for inspection," he said over the rain, extending his hand.

"Well, I have this chip..." Geordie said, fishing it out of a pocket, "But it...doesn't seem to be working properly. Is there someone I can talk to to get my permissions, you know, restored?" he asked, adding a bit of his 'merchant voice' to the sentence.

On 1/14/2018 at 8:17 PM, bowiespoon said:

The building was depressingly empty, devoid of both tenants and supplies. There were several floors of rooms above them, all uninhabited and equally unpleasant. They were all connected by a staircase in the corner of the building that each floor could access. A simple but sturdy door gave them some measure of privacy.

Despite the lack of supplies, the Rhino's Operator still felt this had been a fairly good find. If needed, they could barricade themselves in and pick off targets if they were ever discovered, The extra floors above could be places to stash whatever the two would find. All in all, not a bad find. Now all that was left was recon of the city, and they could start on their plan of attack.

On 1/13/2018 at 12:25 AM, souldrive11 said:

In the middle of the platform, the pair take in their surroundings, the spray of the salt mist rolling off them.

Looking at their challenged partner once over, the cloaked figure hefts their metal shaped backpack back over both their shoulders and lowers a hand in support.

The hunched person grabs their hand; dull grey in what little light there is, and begin calmly walking together towards the edge of the dock, tapping their metal stick on the metal floor the whole time, making their way to the queue.

If the two wanted to get inside the city today, they would have to get to the front somehow. The queue was only becoming more and more rowdy, and the guards weren't helping. One figure in navy-blue drew a pistol and fired it into the air, perhaps in the misguided hope of startling the refugees into compliance. This caused a panic, with some people throwing themselves to the ground - risking getting trampled, others fighting even more to get to the front, and a few poor souls jumping into the sea, perhaps expecting the guards to start gunning down everyone.

On 1/13/2018 at 8:19 AM, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

The pair dumped their Archwings in the ocean and began to remove their suits. They had moved inward to attempt to take some shelter from the waves among the rocks. Once they were free from their Warframes and the suits hidden beneath the sand, the duo donned a pair of cloaks above their Tenno Jumpsuits and began their climb up the cliff. At the top, the Rhino operator peered over to check for any nearby civilians. 

"The coast is clear" he whispered into his comms.

The pair quickly moved their heavy bodies up onto the streets and took a moment to glance around. Just a moment though, since they had a safehouse to get to.

The slums of the Refugee district towered over them, casting the narrow streets in darkness. Rain poured off of sloped roofs, spilling into the crowned roads below. Thunder boomed in the distance. The streets were fairly empty, with only the odd lone soul walking around, their forms obstructed by shadows and heavy cloaks. Somewhere, someone was playing a melancholy tune on an unfamiliar instrument, barely audible over the pattering of rain.

Edited by bowiespoon

On 1/15/2018 at 8:52 AM, Almighty_Jado said:

"Tight security," Cyrus mumbled. He wondered why he was even hired in the first place. Sure, he had an extensive resume, but this part of the city had the defenses to rival a military compound.

It doesn't matter, Cyrus told himself, All that matters is you work for the time, and you get paid.

He followed Ebony to the gate, with the chip at the ready.

The guards quickly scanned his chip, which lit up green on their devices. They ushered the two through the door, which had a void scanner. As they neared it, the alarm went off, causing the various guards to draw their weapons. Ebony sighed, and looked at Cyrus with an unreadable expression.

"Are we really going to have to go through this every time we pass a checkpoint?" she thought to herself as the guards surrounded them.