Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Please Delete This Thread.]

bowiespoon

Inside a Gox orbiting high above the surface of Uranus, an individual wearing an orange Corpus jumpsuit sat back in his chair. A faint tune plays from a radio. The simple, electronic beat of the song is abruptly interrupted by a loud slurping. The ex-Corpus sat up as he deposited a now empty cup of maprico juice on a nearby control panel.

The door to the room opened, as a second person, wearing a yellow jumpsuit entered. "Cyrus, what did I tell you about putting food containers on the consoles?"

Cyrus, the one in orange groaned. "Give me a break, Halcyon. I just woke up."

"Isn't any excuse for getting things dirty on my muckin' ship," Halcyon responded. He picked up the cup and threw it into a trash bin on the other side of the room. He looked at the ring of orange fluid that now stained the console. "Cyrus you son of-"

"I'll clean it up, don't worry-" Cyrus began to offer, getting up.

"No, we've already arrived at Uranus. We're literally directly over Perennial right now. So what you need to do is get on the shuttle and fly yourself down there. We've got a schedule to keep." Halcyon handed Cyrus a translucent card with his image on it. "Rail Visa. Just in case some Grineer wanker asks to see identification. Please note that your name on the card is 'Daedalus,' got it?"

"We've done this many times before," Cyrus said, shouldering a bag over his suited shoulder, depositing the document inside.

"Where's your weapon?"

"You mean my Tetra? I can't bring that down with me without getting looks."

"No you buffoon. The Spectra."

Cyrus pinched the bridge of his nose. "Yeah, I got it. Looks just like some wielding equipment, should go through fine." He sighed.

Halcyon shrugged. "Look, I know you hate the thing, but it's more inconspicuous than bringing a muckin' Cestra with you. You need the defense. I heard things aren't exactly utopian down there. Besides, if you want a bigger gun, I'm sure whoever hired you will get you one."

Cyrus exited the room, Halcyon behind him. They reached the back of the Gox, where a small Corpus shuttle waited for him on a dispenser rail. He opened the hatch in its side and threw the bag in. "You know," Cyrus said, as he put his helmet over his face, "it would've been nice if I got some down time after that whole incident on that Research vessel."

Halcyon laughed as he put his own helmet on. "Trust me, boy. Working as a hirable security officer sure beats working for the Perrin Sequince. Glast had me crunching numbers day and night before I quit. I'd rather face that cybernetic infested thing any day over a stack of unapproved loans."

The two ex-Corpus grasped each others hands before embracing each other. "Be careful down there, little brother," Halcyon said, "I'm getting to old to work by myself." Cyrus smirked under his helmet. "You'll have to start getting me a bigger cut."

Cyrus entered the shuttle, closing the door behind him. The interior light up, bathing everything in a white light. He looked out the window to see Halcyon give a thumbs up, to which he returned.

Cyrus pressed the comm controls and connected to the strongest flight control frequency.

"Perennial flight tower, this is GX47. Currently holding orbit and requesting a landing pad. Purpose is business, not pleasure. No goods to declare."

Edited by Almighty_Jado
black font lol

"Are you sure? This plan sounds like suicide." The Rhino asked, his gruff voice sounding confused. "That place is a deathtrap. What do we do once we get inside?" All he got from the Ivara was a shrug. From her, that wasn't odd. She wasn't much of a talker.

The Scimitar hung in orbit, cloaked. At this range, at least, the city wouldn't detect them. Hopefully. It maintained a high orbit, beyond the Grineer patrols and scans. The two Tenno had agreed upon doing this mission. Find out where those parts are coming from. Put a stop to it. Sounded simple.

So why wasn't it simple?

They knew they couldn't just walk in. Almost every infiltration method involved walking around as an operator, and they wanted to save that for later to avoid the operators being recognized by law enforcement. Even most of the stealthily infiltration methods were a no-go. They had only one idea, and one chance to get it right.

The Rhino already had his weapons ready, as did the Ivara. A Sobek, Lex, and a Gram for him, and a Vulkar, Azima, and a Glaive for her. The two were prepped for Archwing deployment. And so they deployed.

The silver, heavily-armored (Edo armor), caped (Abrasys syandana) and scratch-covered Rhino had his Elytron ready to go, and the green-and-black Ivara had her Itzal prepped. And so they set off, leaving their ship behind in orbit. The two rocketed down to the surface (or water) and had reached the atmosphere in minutes. A little further and the two were skimming over the water, leaving wakes behind them.

"City should be entering view soon." The Rhino said to the Ivara. "Submerge the moment it's visible over the horizon. Continue underwater from there." A silent nod of confirmation, and they were ready. Piloting an Archwing underwater sucked, but it was necessary. Scanning water was annoying, and often futile. A fish is more likely to trip a scanner than a Tenno.

And so they continued, beginning their plans to dismantle this black market. And the city, if required.

10 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Inside a Gox orbiting high above the surface of Uranus, an individual wearing an orange Corpus jumpsuit sat back in his chair. A faint tune plays from a radio. The simple, electronic beat of the song is abruptly interrupted by a loud slurping. The ex-Corpus sat up as he deposited a now empty cup of maprico juice on a nearby control panel.

The door to the room opened, as a second person, wearing a yellow jumpsuit entered. "Cyrus, what did I tell you about putting food containers on the consoles?"

Cyrus, the one in orange groaned. "Give me a break, Halcyon. I just woke up."

"Isn't any excuse for getting things dirty on my muckin' ship," Halcyon responded. He picked up the cup and threw it into a trash bin on the other side of the room. He looked at the ring of orange fluid that now stained the console. "Cyrus you son of-"

"I'll clean it up, don't worry-" Cyrus began to offer, getting up.

"No, we've already arrived at Uranus. We're literally directly over Perennial right now. So what you need to do is get on the shuttle and fly yourself down there. We've got a schedule to keep." Halcyon handed Cyrus a translucent card with his image on it. "Rail Visa. Just in case some Grineer wanker asks to see identification. Please note that your name on the card is 'Daedalus,' got it?"

"We've done this many times before," Cyrus said, shouldering a bag over his suited shoulder, depositing the document inside.

"Where's your weapon?"

"You mean my Tetra? I can't bring that down with me without getting looks."

"No you buffoon. The Spectra."

Cyrus pinched the bridge of his nose. "Yeah, I got it. Looks just like some wielding equipment, should go through fine." He sighed.

Halcyon shrugged. "Look, I know you hate the thing, but it's more inconspicuous than bringing a muckin' Cestra with you. You need the defense. I heard things aren't exactly utopian down there. Besides, if you want a bigger gun, I'm sure whoever hired you will get you one."

Cyrus exited the room, Halcyon behind him. They reached the back of the Gox, where a small Corpus shuttle waited for him on a dispenser rail. He opened the hatch in its side and threw the bag in. "You know," Cyrus said, as he put his helmet over his face, "it would've been nice if I got some down time after that whole incident on that Research vessel."

Halcyon laughed as he put his own helmet on. "Trust me, boy. Working as a hirable security officer sure beats working for the Perrin Sequince. Glast had me crunching numbers day and night before I quit. I'd rather face that cybernetic infested thing any day over a stack of unapproved loans."

The two ex-Corpus grasped each others hands before embracing each other. "Be careful down there, little brother," Halcyon said, "I'm getting to old to work by myself." Cyrus smirked under his helmet. "You'll have to start getting me a bigger cut."

Cyrus entered the shuttle, closing the door behind him. The interior light up, bathing everything in a white light. He looked out the window to see Halcyon give a thumbs up, to which he returned.

Cyrus pressed the comm controls and connected to the strongest flight control frequency.

"Perennial flight tower, this is GX47. Currently holding orbit and requesting a landing pad. Purpose is business, not pleasure. No goods to declare."

((I know this is a little light for a first post, but I'll describe more once you've landed.))

"Acknowledged. Head to flight pad 5. Make sure that you have all the required papers ready." The reply crackled over the comms. A second later, the corresponding landing pad lit up, the floodlights cutting through the heavy downpour that Uranus was known for. A security team stepped into view, taking positions besides the security checkpoint located just beyond the landing platform. 

Edited by bowiespoon

1 hour ago, bowiespoon said:

"Acknowledged. Head to flight pad 5. Make sure that you have all the required papers ready." The reply crackled over the comms. A second later, the corresponding landing pad lit up, the floodlights cutting through the heavy downpour that Uranus was known for. A security team stepped into view, taking positions besides the security checkpoint located just beyond the landing platform. 

The shuttle descended from the Gox's miniature hangar, gliding gracefully through the torrential rain. It landed on the landing pad with a small bump.

Cyrus grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder. The rain out there was pretty heavy compared to anywhere else he had been before. "Lovely," he muttered. He powered down the shuttle's engines and turned off the power before exiting the shuttle.

He approached the checkpoint. "How do you do today fellas?" he shouted over the rain.

10 hours ago, Daakjenaar said:

"Are you sure? This plan sounds like suicide." The Rhino asked, his gruff voice sounding confused. "That place is a deathtrap. What do we do once we get inside?" All he got from the Ivara was a shrug. From her, that wasn't odd. She wasn't much of a talker.

The Scimitar hung in orbit, cloaked. At this range, at least, the city wouldn't detect them. Hopefully. It maintained a high orbit, beyond the Grineer patrols and scans. The two Tenno had agreed upon doing this mission. Find out where those parts are coming from. Put a stop to it. Sounded simple.

So why wasn't it simple?

They knew they couldn't just walk in. Almost every infiltration method involved walking around as an operator, and they wanted to save that for later to avoid the operators being recognized by law enforcement. Even most of the stealthily infiltration methods were a no-go. They had only one idea, and one chance to get it right.

The Rhino already had his weapons ready, as did the Ivara. A Sobek, Lex, and a Gram for him, and a Vulkar, Azima, and a Glaive for her. The two were prepped for Archwing deployment. And so they deployed.

The silver, heavily-armored (Edo armor), caped (Abrasys syandana) and scratch-covered Rhino had his Elytron ready to go, and the green-and-black Ivara had her Itzal prepped. And so they set off, leaving their ship behind in orbit. The two rocketed down to the surface (or water) and had reached the atmosphere in minutes. A little further and the two were skimming over the water, leaving wakes behind them.

"City should be entering view soon." The Rhino said to the Ivara. "Submerge the moment it's visible over the horizon. Continue underwater from there." A silent nod of confirmation, and they were ready. Piloting an Archwing underwater sucked, but it was necessary. Scanning water was annoying, and often futile. A fish is more likely to trip a scanner than a Tenno.

And so they continued, beginning their plans to dismantle this black market. And the city, if required.

The city was built atop one of the few rocky landmasses that jutted out of the planet's ocean, so as they neared the city, the sea around them grew dark. The city loomed above them, metal expansions jutting out of the rock and blocking out what little light they would normally receive.

After some souting around the base of the city, they found the object of their search. A large pipe ran deep into the water, belching out raw sewage into the ocean. It was just large enough for one person in an archwing to pass through at a time. Unfortunately, however, it was indeed in use, and using it as a means of infiltrating the city would be......... unpleasant, to say the least.

No sensors went off as they neared the pipe, however, so it would appear that their gambit had been successful.

15 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

The shuttle descended from the Gox's miniature hangar, gliding gracefully through the torrential rain. It landed on the landing pad with a small bump.

Cyrus grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder. The rain out there was pretty heavy compared to anywhere else he had been before. "Lovely," he muttered. He powered down the shuttle's engines and turned off the power before exiting the shuttle.

He approached the checkpoint. "How do you do today fellas?" he shouted over the rain.

As he walked towards the checkpoint, the dark sea raged around them. Occasionally, a particularly massive wave would crash over the landing pad, soaking it in icy-cold water. Thunderous rain pounded from above, turned truly brutal by the fierce winds. It was as if some cruel god had deemed that nothing in this city could stay dry.

Most of the guards remained motionless, standing by the void detector. The rain pattered around them, glancing off an incredibly thin extra layer of shielding designed specifically to keep the rain at bay. Their uniform was unfamiliar, resembling something closer to crowd control armor of pre-Orokin earth than anything worn by modern forces. Their visors were completely opaque, and gave them an unsettling, malevolent look.

One stepped forward, only stopping as a huge wave crested over and crashed into the landing pad, rattling it.

"Present your papers for scanning." He called out over the downpour, ignoring Cyrus's attempt at small talk.

Behind the checkpoint, the city gleamed, thousands of light fixtures performing the job that the sun would be doing, were it not constantly obscured by massive rainclouds.

Edited by bowiespoon

16 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

The city was built atop one of the few rocky landmasses that jutted out of the planet's ocean, so as they neared the city, the sea around them grew dark. The city loomed above them, metal expansions jutting out of the rock and blocking out what little light they would normally receive.

After some souting around the base of the city, they found the object of their search. A large pipe ran deep into the water, belching out raw sewage into the ocean. It was just large enough for one person in an archwing to pass through at a time. Unfortunately, however, it was indeed in use, and using it as a means of infiltrating the city would be......... unpleasant, to say the least.

No sensors went off as they neared the pipe, however, so it would appear that their gambit had been successful.

"Well... that's certainly an inconvenience." The Rhino noted. "But I guess it's our only chance to get inside." As he said this, the Ivara's itzal jumped ahead a number of meters, teleporting through the water. The Rhino's scans showed her teleporting through the sewage, thanks to her Itzal.

I could have had an Itzal, too, but noooooooo. I had to have the Elytron for "enemy suppression". The Rhino thought to himself, annoyed he would have to fly through normally. Granted, he had his afterburners ready, but he was still flying through sewage. Sighing, he flew into the pipe, following the Ivara. He was gonna have to clean his Frame off after this.

As he walked towards the checkpoint, the dark sea raged around them. Occasionally, a particularly massive wave would crash over the landing pad, soaking it in icy-cold water. Thunderous rain pounded from above, turned truly brutal by the fierce winds. It was as if some cruel god had deemed that nothing in this city could stay dry.

Most of the guards remained motionless, standing by the void detector. The rain pattered around them, glancing off an incredibly thin extra layer of shielding designed specifically to keep the rain at bay. Their uniform was unfamiliar, resembling something closer to crowd control armor of pre-Orokin earth than anything worn by modern forces. Their visors were completely opaque, and gave them an unsettling, malevolent look.

One stepped forward, only stopping as a huge wave crested over and crashed into the landing pad, rattling it.

"Present your papers for scanning." He called out over the downpour, ignoring Cyrus's attempt at small talk.

Behind the checkpoint, the city gleamed, thousands of light fixtures performing the job that the sun would be doing, were it not constantly obscured by massive rainclouds.

Cyrus shrugged. They had a job to do. He reached into his bag and pulled out his Grineer approved Rail Visa, along with some paper documentation that included, but was not limited to, ship licensing, past Corpus guild resume, and other legalities. Among the papers was an envelope, housing a small data chip.

He looked over the sea through the thin, narrow visor of his crewman helmet, observing the (relatively) flat horizon of the angry ocean. It was a marvel how thousands of years ago, before Orokin terraforming, this planet was covered in frozen methane and would have frozen anyone who stepped onto it solid in seconds.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

33 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

"Well... that's certainly an inconvenience." The Rhino noted. "But I guess it's our only chance to get inside." As he said this, the Ivara's itzal jumped ahead a number of meters, teleporting through the water. The Rhino's scans showed her teleporting through the sewage, thanks to her Itzal.

I could have had an Itzal, too, but noooooooo. I had to have the Elytron for "enemy suppression". The Rhino thought to himself, annoyed he would have to fly through normally. Granted, he had his afterburners ready, but he was still flying through sewage. Sighing, he flew into the pipe, following the Ivara. He was gonna have to clean his Frame off after this.

The sewage pipe went directly upwards for quite some distance before eventually fanning out into a maze of tunnels. These pipes were newer, and didn't show the signs of rust visible earlier. Tragically, however, the pipes here were not much cleaner.

The only consolation was that now they were just below the surface. The only question now was  'Where to emerge?'. If they simply burst out in the middle of a crowded street, they'd surely be captured, and security would be tightened to such a degree that any other cells would be unable to attempt rescue.

19 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Cyrus shrugged. They had a job to do. He reached into his bag and pulled out his Grineer approved Rail Visa, along with some paper documentation that included, but was not limited to, ship licensing, past Corpus guild resume, and other legalities. Among the papers was an envelope, housing a small data chip.

He looked over the sea through the thin, narrow visor of his crewman helmet, observing the (relatively) flat horizon of the angry ocean. It was a marvel how thousands of years ago, before Orokin terraforming, this planet was covered in frozen methane and would have frozen anyone who stepped onto it solid in seconds.

The guard's posture relaxed when he saw the envelope with the chip, and he carefully opened it up and withdrew the piece of technology inside.

"When somebody asks for your papers, they are referring to this," he said, scanning the chip with a small device. The device flashed green, and he handed the chip back to Cyrus. "In Perennial, this chip is the most important thing you own. It allows you to move freely between areas of the city you are authorized to be in. Without it, you are stuck wherever you are, and will be detained for not having any identification."

The guard handed him the rest of his paperwork, not even sparing them a glance.

"Now, please step over to the void scanner and we'll have you on your way."

11 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

The sewage pipe went directly upwards for quite some distance before eventually fanning out into a maze of tunnels. These pipes were newer, and didn't show the signs of rust visible earlier. Tragically, however, the pipes here were not much cleaner.

The only consolation was that now they were just below the surface. The only question now was  'Where to emerge?'. If they simply burst out in the middle of a crowded street, they'd surely be captured, and security would be tightened to such a degree that any other cells would be unable to attempt rescue.

They continued through the maze, looking for somewhere to stash their Frames before infiltrating as Operators. If they could find an older, abandoned pipe. Or a maintenance tunnel that at least looked abandoned. They had successfully tried Operator infiltration in the past, but it would be harder if they could detect void energy. Of course, they hadn't planned beyond hiding their Frames, so they would be thinking on their feet this mission.

The guard's posture relaxed when he saw the envelope with the chip, and he carefully opened it up and withdrew the piece of technology inside.

"When somebody asks for your papers, they are referring to this," he said, scanning the chip with a small device. The device flashed green, and he handed the chip back to Cyrus. "In Perennial, this chip is the most important thing you own. It allows you to move freely between areas of the city you are authorized to be in. Without it, you are stuck wherever you are, and will be detained for not having any identification."

The guard handed him the rest of his paperwork, not even sparing them a glance.

"Now, please step over to the void scanner and we'll have you on your way."

Cyrus folded the documents back into his bag. So much for all the work that went into forging that Rail Visa. It might come in handy later, perhaps. But now he knew what exactly the chip he had been given was. He deposited it back into the envelope, but put the envelope inside his front facing pocket on his jumpsuit. It would be safer there, he hoped.

He walked forward to the scanner.

Just now, Almighty_Jado said:

Cyrus folded the documents back into his bag. So much for all the work that went into forging that Rail Visa. It might come in handy later, perhaps. But now he knew what exactly the chip he had been given was. He deposited it back into the envelope, but put the envelope inside his front facing pocket on his jumpsuit. It would be safer there, he hoped.

He walked forward to the scanner.

The guards nodded, and activate the scanner. It looked similar to a corpus heat generator, and Cyrus could feel an odd tingling sensation as he neared it. It hummed for a few seconds, before.....

((Your call if it picks anything up any void residue on him.))

6 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

They continued through the maze, looking for somewhere to stash their Frames before infiltrating as Operators. If they could find an older, abandoned pipe. Or a maintenance tunnel that at least looked abandoned. They had successfully tried Operator infiltration in the past, but it would be harder if they could detect void energy. Of course, they hadn't planned beyond hiding their Frames, so they would be thinking on their feet this mission.

In the refugee district, there were many unfinished sections that were dry, and numerous maintenance sections that had never once been used. The citizens of Perennial suffered the presence of the refugees, but only just. 

The guards nodded, and activate the scanner. It looked similar to a corpus heat generator, and Cyrus could feel an odd tingling sensation as he neared it. It hummed for a few seconds, before.....

((Your call if it picks anything up any void residue on him.))

It did a small alerting noise as it detected something. Cyrus facepalmed himself. "My bad, gents, I forgot to take this off."

He quickly took of his helmet and reached inside his jumpsuit before pulling out a small necklace. A black string tied to a dark, black crystal that shimmered with a teal light.

"It's just a prisma crystal, guys. I'm not here smuggling argon crystals to be weaponized or anything." He held out the necklace, offering for the security guards to inspect it, if they wished.

4 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

In the refugee district, there were many unfinished sections that were dry, and numerous maintenance sections that had never once been used. The citizens of Perennial suffered the presence of the refugees, but only just. 

And so they stashed their Frames, ready to be used once the situation got hectic. (I can get Capturas of the Operators ready tomorrow) They manually removed the syandanas from their Warframes to use as cloaks, hoping to hide their Operator jumpsuits and appear as refugee children. They had no idea what to do once they reached the surface, but finding some shelter would be useful. They had rations, so they had a week before they would need to get food from somewhere. The two Operators (Forgot to mention this earlier, but both Frames had Abrasys syandanas (Yes, I'm aware how ugly they are, but I'm using them for infiltration.)) Looked for some kind of ladder to the surface, bundled in their syandanas.

31 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

It did a small alerting noise as it detected something. Cyrus facepalmed himself. "My bad, gents, I forgot to take this off."

He quickly took of his helmet and reached inside his jumpsuit before pulling out a small necklace. A black string tied to a dark, black crystal that shimmered with a teal light.

"It's just a prisma crystal, guys. I'm not here smuggling argon crystals to be weaponized or anything." He held out the necklace, offering for the security guards to inspect it, if they wished.

The guards rifles snapped to the ready when the alarm went off, but they lowered them again as he pulled out the necklace.

"Might want to leave that behind, or you'll piss off every security checkpoint you have to walk through." the Guard who had approached him said. Another guard, who was sitting in a small booth built into the checkpoint gate, hit a button and spoke into a microphone, though the words he spoke were drowned out by the rain. A few moments later, a young woman in a navy-blue uniform stepped through the opening gate, walking over to Cyrus. Her uniform was neatly pressed, and like the guards, the rain pattered around her, a thin shield keeping the rain at bay. She smiled cheerfully, and extended a hand for him to shake.

"This is the guide who has been assigned to you. She will help you get navigate the city, and make you aware of the local customs and rules you must obey while within Perennial. Dras-Trethi." the Guard spoke, stepping aside to allow Cyrus into the city.

42 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

And so they stashed their Frames, ready to be used once the situation got hectic. (I can get Capturas of the Operators ready tomorrow) They manually removed the syandanas from their Warframes to use as cloaks, hoping to hide their Operator jumpsuits and appear as refugee children. They had no idea what to do once they reached the surface, but finding some shelter would be useful. They had rations, so they had a week before they would need to get food from somewhere. The two Operators (Forgot to mention this earlier, but both Frames had Abrasys syandanas (Yes, I'm aware how ugly they are, but I'm using them for infiltration.)) Looked for some kind of ladder to the surface, bundled in their syandanas.

The maintenance tunnel they were in had a ladder leading to the surface, with a manhole affixed over the exit. Rain poured in through the small holes in the manhole used to remove it, as well as through several storm drains. The rain made it hard to hear if anyone was walking around on the surface, but it was hard to imagine any of the refugees wanting to be outside in this weather.

The guards rifles snapped to the ready when the alarm went off, but they lowered them again as he pulled out the necklace.

"Might want to leave that behind, or you'll piss off every security checkpoint you have to walk through." the Guard who had approached him said. Another guard, who was sitting in a small booth built into the checkpoint gate, hit a button and spoke into a microphone, though the words he spoke were drowned out by the rain. A few moments later, a young woman in a navy-blue uniform stepped through the opening gate, walking over to Cyrus. Her uniform was neatly pressed, and like the guards, the rain pattered around her, a thin shield keeping the rain at bay. She smiled cheerfully, and extended a hand for him to shake.

"This is the guide who has been assigned to you. She will help you get navigate the city, and make you aware of the local customs and rules you must obey while within Perennial. Dras-Trethi." the Guard spoke, stepping aside to allow Cyrus into the city.

Cyrus looked at the necklace. It was given to him from what seemed almost like another era. A gift from his cousin. John. He had become a rich man in one of the largest Corpus guilds, Anyo Corp. That was before Cyrus had quit to join his brother.
He decided to drop the necklace into his bag for now. Too much sentimental value to leave behind, and at least it would be easier to 'declare' it in his bag.

Picking up his bag, he slung it over his shoulder and tucked his helmet under his arm. He shook the woman's hand, smiling as well. "J'teepitjy. My name is Daedalus," he said. He decided that he should stick to the name printed on his documents when dealing with officials, at least until he met with his employer. "And you are...?"

16 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

The maintenance tunnel they were in had a ladder leading to the surface, with a manhole affixed over the exit. Rain poured in through the small holes in the manhole used to remove it, as well as through several storm drains. The rain made it hard to hear if anyone was walking around on the surface, but it was hard to imagine any of the refugees wanting to be outside in this weather.

((Forgot to mention, but they took the sidearms from their Frames with them))

They removed the manhole cover with a great deal of effort and climbed up to the surface, using their impromptu cloaks to shield themselves from the rain. They looked around for anywhere they could take refuge. An abandoned home. An especially large, decrepit building. Even an alleyway could do. Finding an actual building would be optimal, though

1 hour ago, Daakjenaar said:

They removed the manhole cover with a great deal of effort and climbed up to the surface, using their impromptu cloaks to shield themselves from the rain. They looked around for anywhere they could take refuge. An abandoned home. An especially large, decrepit building. Even an alleyway could do. Finding an actual building would be optimal, though

((no amps?))

16 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Cyrus looked at the necklace. It was given to him from what seemed almost like another era. A gift from his cousin. John. He had become a rich man in one of the largest Corpus guilds, Anyo Corp. That was before Cyrus had quit to join his brother.
He decided to drop the necklace into his bag for now. Too much sentimental value to leave behind, and at least it would be easier to 'declare' it in his bag.

Picking up his bag, he slung it over his shoulder and tucked his helmet under his arm. He shook the woman's hand, smiling as well. "J'teepitjy. My name is Daedalus," he said. He decided that he should stick to the name printed on his documents when dealing with officials, at least until he met with his employer. "And you are...?"

The woman looked perplexed by his first word, though her smile didn't waver.

"I'm Ebony," she said, stepping through the gate into the city, "And I've been assigned to you as a combination of guide, translator, and chaperone while you're here. Dras-Trethi, by the way, means 'Cause no trouble'."

The first thing Cyrus would notice upon stepping into the city proper would be the staggering amount of propaganda. It seemed like every wall had some sort of poster put up, covered in a water-proof lacquer. Some declared messages like, "Report any suspicious activity - Your neighbors could be enemies of the state!" or, "Obedience is the greatest of Virtues." but many focused specifically on warframes, showing pictures of the tenno drenched in blood, with the words, "Enemies of the state!" written below. Some listed the horrific things various warframes could do to the common man, while others were simple pictures detailing the various types of warframes.

The actual buildings these posters were plastered over were sturdily build, designed to resist both the rain and sea. Most were made of metal or stone, and were several stories high to conserve space. Electric lights were everywhere, providing a ubiquitous source of light regardless of what time it was. People walked by, their eyes on the ground and their pace quickening whenever they neared a watchman. Some had the rain shields like Ebony and the guards, but most simply wore coats. There were many motorized vehicles, but were designed oddly, with the focus being on durability and traction rather than style. 

Ebony walked down the road, still smiling.

"I'll need to see your papers for a moment," she said, "In order to notify your employer that you've made it into the city without trouble, and to coordinate a route to where you will be working."

As she spoke, she pulled out a small device similar to what the guard had used to scan Cyrus's 'papers'.

58 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

The streets were deserted, save for an old man covered in rags. He was missing an arm, and clutched a bottle in the other. He didn't even glance up when the manhole clattered against the street. As the tenno crawled out of the sewer, the full brunt of the rain hit them. They were in the refugee district, a slums hastily constructed to house the ever-growing population. Unlike the rest of the city, there was little in the way of lighting here, save for what little ambient light made it past the thunderstorms.

Even still, a majority of the buildings were currently unoccupied, for reasons beyond the tenno. They lacked electricity and furnishings, but it beat being out in the rain.