Jump to content
[DE]Megan

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.8.3

Recommended Posts

while moving excal to another area is chill, would be more ideal just to remove the beacon requirement for ambulas. while they were neat for an introductory event, there's no reason they should have lasted past them.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

Why would you move trinity, a far, far more viable team player into a boss that is way more end-game and is item locked?(beacons)

Meanwhile there is the horrible grind of trying to get saryn systems from kela who requires judgement points for which you need to play the arena and you need to be built appropriately. and only then comes Chroma.

But keep them going DE 

gg

 

He put it perfectly, now i'm gona get even less trin. There can be some adjustments made so most of the frames can parry to frosts cc, but since trin prime is vaulted people won't bother getting one even more rn. And about beacons, judgment points etc concept is fine, but lower it from 25 to 5 only (or something) since rng isn't on the side of the newer players. And after they get the parts they still have to build em then mod proper. And when i offer help on getting parts via "taxi" people lack the concept to understand what they missing not to speak about doing the boss fight reliably and having points for 5+runs. It was fine upon release since there was incentive needed to play rathuum or index. But as of now it's just a grind wall locking players from getting frames.

About the hotfix itself, doing 1 full bounty as a sortie, they said pewdiepie is out of ideas and original content. The idea in the first place is a "new take on plains popularity gain". I'll make a suggestion what to do next. Do 10 Platinum 10 stages bounty = perfect plains sellout.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Akemi-2ro said:

then what frame do you suggest should go to pluto? there should be 1 to work toward at least.

why should one be there? i mean, is there a reason for pluto to have a frame? why not Vors at mercury? technically he did drop her at ceres...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Keyhound said:

why should one be there? i mean, is there a reason for pluto to have a frame? why not Vors at mercury? technically he did drop her at ceres...

i was wondering the same thing but i think it's a good end goal. if any thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Akemi-2ro said:

i was wondering the same thing but i think it's a good end goal. if any thing

i dunno if Trinity will be a good end goal, she is a great support, so if they put her so end game(and the amount of farming required) she will most likely end up as Mastery fodder. by the time you get there, you already have access to alot of "more usefull" frames, you might even have a formaed potatoed Prime. most people will only get her for completionist sake.

 

she is the type of frame that is best at the early game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

since i really know nothing about end game (nor do i care about it) what would be a good end game fame then? from what i see no frame is really that good...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Keyhound said:

i dunno if Trinity will be a good end goal, she is a great support, so if they put her so end game(and the amount of farming required) she will most likely end up as Mastery fodder. by the time you get there, you already have access to alot of "more usefull" frames, you might even have a formaed potatoed Prime. most people will only get her for completionist sake.

 

she is the type of frame that is best at the early game.

since i really know nothing about end game (nor do i care about it) what would be a good end game fame then? from what i see no frame is really that good...

(i forgot to quote that so i had to repost)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fixed being able to fire the Granmu Prism faster than intended by using Void Blast cancels

RIP

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Boss Reward Location Changes:

 

  • In an effort to balance the acquisition of Warframes, we’ve shifted some boss drop locations:
    • Excalibur from Pluto to Mars - meaning Lieutenant Lech Kril now possess Excalibur parts
    • Frost from Mars to Ceres - meaning Lieutenant Lech Kril/Captain Vor now possess Frost parts
    • Trinity from Ceres to Pluto - meaning Ambulas now possess Trinity parts
1 hour ago, -N00blLogh4N- said:

I feel like this is a little bit pointless, because if a new player wants a warframe, but the boss isn't unlocked yet then they'll taxi to the location anyway... But regardless, quality of life!

This actually makes some sense. Excalibur was more or less the recommended starter frame because of how difficult he was to obtain later in the game (for completionists). New players were always suggested to get Excal, because it doesn't take long to get to Phobos for Mag and Volt's a straight buy from the Tenno Lab. Having to wait until Pluto in order to get the last 'starter' frame was rather annoying, especially for newer players that felt they made the 'wrong' choice. Now new players wont have to wait near as long (or spend money) to fix their 'mistake', which will quite likely encourage more diversity in starter frame selection.

However, I am d**n glad I got my Trinity parts already. I was glad I started with Excal and thus had no need to fight Ambulas. Now I'm glad I have my Trinity parts and still have no need to fight it.
 

 

Edited by Sentinel-14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Akemi-2ro said:

since i really know nothing about end game (nor do i care about it) what would be a good end game fame then? from what i see no frame is really that good...

(i forgot to quote that so i had to repost)

the thing is, there's no such thing as "good for end game", every frame is perfectly fine at whatever mission you throw them at, some will do better, and some will have some trouble in comparisson, but everyone can be effective. the problem is how bad the farm of the ambulas is. you have to farm, so you can farm. and it doesnt help that one of the parts is always a lower drop, making it not uncommon for more than 10 runs until you get a "full set". so no frame they decide to put there would be good, its just a good boss, that takes TOO LONG to farm.

 

second, Trinity is a frame that will really be great for beginners, its a survivability frame, with some cc, but more importantly Energy vampire is amazing for low energy frames. its a frame designed to help more squishy frames like volt or mag, and still enhance more offensive ones as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Keyhound said:

 

second, Trinity is a frame that will really be great for beginners, its a survivability frame, with some cc, but more importantly Energy vampire is amazing for low energy frames. its a frame designed to help more squishy frames like volt or mag, and still enhance more offensive ones as well. 

 

Every frame is survivalist if you move good enough.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ---Sin--- said:

Every frame is survivalist if you move good enough.

 

i dont disagree, thing is, energy vampire is an amazing support when you dont have access to energy pizzas, and blessing can really save those weaker frames, specially in those early infested missions(i lost count of how many times i died to that poison with my Volt back when i started).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, you either go as full tank or as full dps while playing solo (without premade). So you can kill instantly masses of mobs or live long enough to do so while tanking.
If your frame doesnt support tank role, check your weapons (for dmg upgrade) and see if you can at least slap maxed vitality here and there.
There is no point in making your volt go 300km/h if he dies in one shot. Trinity is a support, but she is not needed if you know what you are doing.
Its better to have decent frame yourself than average trinity in random squad, since she wont care about your well being anyway :P

 

Edited by ---Sin---

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ---Sin--- said:

Well, you either go as full tank or as full dps while playing solo (without premade). So you can kill instantly masses of mobs or live long enough to do so while tanking.
If your frame doesnt support tank role, check your weapons (for dmg upgrade) and see if you can at least slap maxed vitality here and there.
There is no point in making your volt go 300km/h if he dies in one shot. Trinity is a support, but she is not needed if you know what you are doing.
Its better to have decent frame yourself than average trinity in random squad, since she wont care about your well being anyway :P

 

thing is, you are looking at it from a veteran player, most people dont even put mods on their weapons/frames until they hit mercury, some take as far as mars, sure, if you know what you are doing you wont need anything, but thats not the case for most beginners, and some people just enjoy playing support characters. 

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Trinity from Ceres to Pluto - meaning Ambulas now possess Trinity parts

NOOOOO! ;(

 

(But hey Excal is easier to farm now)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so as "veteran" i say its better to allow people to get massive dmg/stun potential which is excal, so they can repair their mistake of taking mag as a starter.
Also, without mods trin is useless, just like any other frame (well, except for nidus i guess), so it doesnt matter which one of them youll get sooner. 
Believe me, Excal will help you much more than Trin. This is power game, dmg is everything, and excal is f**king good at producing those big numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After hotfix 22.8.3 Mesa's Peacemaker now ignored enemies who came out of invulnerability phase. 

For example, fissure... Peacemaker activates just when enemies hit by void power and become corrupted, after enemies leave that invulnerable phase, peacemaker will not target them again.

Fix please.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...