Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.8.3

[DE]Megan

I agree with you 100 percent. When I started I honestly picked Mag cause she looked like the most fun out of the three, it was only after picking her that I figured out how much of a problem her squishiness can be, which made me love using her even more lol. I personally would prefer to see trinity available early because of the fact that Excal is a starter frame. Her playstyle is completely different. 

• When browsing Warframes/weapons to equip, you will now see the equipped Skin displayed on the Warframe/weapon icon instead of the default icon. 

sorry but this looks like S#&$, an option to turn it on or off would have been nice

1 minute ago, Melancholy_Sololoquy said:

I agree with you 100 percent. When I started I honestly picked Mag cause she looked like the most fun out of the three, it was only after picking her that I figured out how much of a problem her squishiness can be, which made me love using her even more lol. I personally would prefer to see trinity available early because of the fact that Excal is a starter frame. Her playstyle is completely different. 

thats my point, trinity is a great support unit, not only does she play well with others, she can enhance the gameplay for alot of diferent frames that have a harder beginning, also, she is meant for parties, and sometimes, people justwant to bring a support frame instead of a dps. they can already kill very easily with their weapons, so it complements their gameplay style.

all im saying is, she would fit much better near the start of the star chart, since thats when people need a support the most.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Gunsen flapping animation needs to be made cancellable please. its too impractical to stand there locked in place doing nothing while being shot at, i hope u guys understand that

can quartakk get its status chance fixed to use the rifle calculation rather than shotgun calcs? or a fire rate buff? and can it please get a shoulder stock? come on its a 4 barrelled rifle, i think a shoulder stock just makes sense on a gun with 4 barrels

corinth reload animation has new shells pop into existence in the shell holder. can we please get void energy effects for it? a simple fade in would be cool, making it more obvious its teleporting in with some void magic. its just looks dodgy right now.

Somachord UI needs some changes. the horizontal list is very space inefficient and forces a lot of scrolling. can we change it to a vertical list? Also some options like 
auto play when we load into ship,and repeat songs would be cool

also can we please play Tennotunes with the somachord? i would happily pay for that feature!

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Items claimed while in the foundry's "In Progress" tab will now stay in the tab until the tab is changed so you can choose to build it again right after.

Oh no, please revert that... I can't be lazy and click the 1st item of the list for all the items that are ready anymore

43 minutes ago, zAph. said:
  • When browsing Warframes/weapons to equip, you will now see the equipped Skin displayed on the Warframe/weapon icon instead of the default icon. 

sorry but this looks like S#&$, an option to turn it on or off would have been nice

Yea I don't like it either. I'm choosing a Warframe, not a skin >.>

Eh, I'm sad to see the Granmu Prism being slowed down that much. The whole point of taking that prism was the fire / void blast combo and now you've ruined it. It brought a higher power setting to the amps coupled wtih skill and you've retracted that ability. It's just a highest tier, lower damage prism now.

Otherwise, good update

2 hours ago, Sentinel-14 said:

This actually makes some sense. Excalibur was more or less the recommended starter frame because of how difficult he was to obtain later in the game (for completionists). New players were always suggested to get Excal, because it doesn't take long to get to Phobos for Mag and Volt's a straight buy from the Tenno Lab. Having to wait until Pluto in order to get the last 'starter' frame was rather annoying, especially for newer players that felt they made the 'wrong' choice. Now new players wont have to wait near as long (or spend money) to fix their 'mistake', which will quite likely encourage more diversity in starter frame selection.

However, I am d**n glad I got my Trinity parts already. I was glad I started with Excal and thus had no need to fight Ambulas. Now I'm glad I have my Trinity parts and still have no need to fight it.

I got to Pluto in a week. Let that sync in.

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.8.3

We’re back with another Quality of Life Hotfix for 2018!

As stated in Hotfix 22.8.2, we’re working our way towards refining content such as Khora, Damage 2.5, and more. You can expect news about TennoGen Round 11 and more this Friday on Devstream #104!

Boss Reward Location Changes:

• In an effort to balance the acquisition of Warframes, we’ve shifted some boss drop locations:
    • Excalibur from Pluto to Mars - meaning Lieutenant Lech Kril now possess Excalibur parts
    • Frost from Mars to Ceres - meaning Lieutenant Lech Kril/Captain Vor now possess Frost parts
    • Trinity from Ceres to Pluto - meaning Ambulas now possess Trinity parts

Well that Work. Thanks!  Look forward to DE's "Interesting" Devstream #104.

Two things

1 - Does anyone actually needed 3 exilus adapters, which got nerfed to 1, after 750 days? I am barely at 150 days and I won't need exilus adapters for the next 2750 days.

2 - Are you guys sharing how the refinement of damage 2.5 will look like before releasing it? Because pretty much everyone is afraid of what is coming so far.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Zaw strike Plague Kripath now uses the default Rapier holster position when used with a one handed Zaw Grip.

Yeah...but it still uses the sword idle animation and in the appearance section i still get the sword alternate holster styles.

6 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

1 - Does anyone actually needed 3 exilus adapters, which got nerfed to 1, after 750 days? I am barely at 150 days and I won't need exilus adapters for the next 2750 days.

Me ^^

There is plan for personal quarter in Cetus with foundry, mod station, incubator, relic station, operator/focus,... ?

Thx.

rip Granmu Prism.
      The only thing that made this prism better than the other two was that you could use animation canceling to increase it's DPS to at least go even if not surpass the other amps like Shwaak Prism.  That being said, I get we're supposed to find the secret formula to make the 'perfect amp'.  But how can we create such a thing if one of the more potential reliant ones Honestly I'd rather see DE buff up the other two prism before nerfing... sorry meant to say 'fixing' one that actually required a base Learning Curve with Room for growth due to (once was potential) it's through animation canceling.  The way I see it, there's literally no point to use the Granmu anymore and its the third tier Prism on top of that.  Reason?  For the amount of dmg per burst, Projectile flight speed/ark, on top of the fire rate delay between bursts... Not even a full set of "Virtuos Tempo" can save the Granmu Prism.  It's just not worth it at all for the amount of effort for how little it hits,  It used to feel amazing landing hits and seeing those large numbers roll of Eidolon Teralyst with a full set of "Virtuos Strike".  Now its just like "oh hey, I'm the Granmu tier 3 prism there was a point and time where I used to be relevant but then Shwaak & DE came back and shot me in the knee caps."

Before someone goes, "But it has a ton of damage per hit..." okay yeah, you're right... But all of the other prism and scaffolds out perform in pretty much any of the situations within a Teralyst Fight (an amp's main purpose) and in general usage outside of Plains of Eidolon. The burst damage is the only thing going for it now, but literally doesn't mean anything considering that you must lead your shots to even damage said target,  if you miss (which is a very high possibility unless you used this amp for months), you lose valuable time/damage.  Sure that would be fine, if... it was a balance between Risk and Reward. there's basically no reward compared to the risk you take with the Granmu Prism that would make this stand out compared to the other Prisms, which there really isn't compared to the Shadow the Swhaak Prism leaves behind (a TIER 2 Prism mind you! which literally doesn't make sense to me why it out preforms basically everything). 

I mean the Shwaak is a titan...  It has a nice base damage at 3.5k, has a built in impact proc which allows for "Virtuos Fury" for more damage, has punch through making it great for sweeping up adds/trash mobs, a fair base fire rate between the volleys, has decent range 30m, easy to aim, barely uses any energy, can hit the same unit multiple times with one hit, great in all respects general use and within Teralyst fights.  As to where the Granmu Prism really only has it's base damage of 2k x3 Burst (+200 extra dmg to said unit it collides with), nice base crit chance, 5 energy per shot (15 total), requires heavy leading of shots, arcing, projectiles, a very deceivingly long delay between volleys, able to splash on Teralyst and hit a few times.  I'd about you guys, but its I think it might be time to go back to the Shwaak until they 'reform' that.  the Granmu with the animation canceling did it's job well against the Eidolon Teralyst for what its counterparts offered at first.

At least consider the following;

• Its a tier 3, it shouldn't be second hand in basically every category including general usage compared to its previous counterparts. It needs some lovin man.
  • Consider bumping up it's fire rate between the each of the volleys, that should give it a bit more viability.
  • Consider maybe increasing it's splash range / hitbox / projectile speed for some of the newer users to help them adjust to it's punishing reality.
  • Or consider bumping up it's base damage to make up for the lost in damage over time, making it a potential candidate for burst damage.
  • Consider reworking the damage caps on Teralyst's shields.
  • Giving it back it's original bug with animation canceling through void blast, but bumping up the cost of void blast while the Granmu is equipped or something along those lines sounds reasonable.  That will bring back a lot of it's potential especially with the other 2 Eidolon free roam bosses down the line.
  • Or consider reworking our once beloved Granmu changing it's fire pattern to something different.

Now I'm not saying these brainstormed ideas will be the right choices considering that I'm just one guy with one opinion.  Although I feel that if you're still with me this far, these maybe soft solutions that maybe worth considering.  I mean, once again.  It doesn't seem right that a tier 2 prism out preforms it's other 2 prism counterparts in basically all situations now.  I am not saying "lul nerf this madness known as Shwaak" because it basically removes the relevance of usage for both eidolons and general usage.  I'm saying it might be best to buff up the "Raplak" a bit maybe some extra flat damage or fire rate changed from semi to burst/auto, remove the fix on the animation canceling for Granmu but make it take energy actively from the operator's personal pool at a greater amount basically giving it an alternate fire rate rather than a different mod all together. That should bring the Raplak up enough for Teralyst and General use without really making it too strong where it outshines the other 2.  The Shwaak remains in it's current standing point of power with its flexibility. The Granmu returns back to it's original self with being specialized in tearing through larger targets but still lack the ability to effectively deal with groups as to where Shwaak Prism > Shraksun Scaffold.  Basically giving you 2 amps for General/high use and one High Risk & Reward amp.  that people can be happy with.

Thank you for sparing a moment of your time to look over this post.
Tell me whats your thoughts of the matter.  of course all with a grain of salt.  Lets not turn this thread into Bonneville Salt Flats: Utah.
GL on your adventure.

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

You can now replay the Apostasy Prologue quest in your Codex! (Not that my body is ready for those feels AGAIN)

Being able to replay the 3 minute long quest again is nice, but can we get replayability for quests like the Jordas Precept so that we can obtain Warframes we sold (like Atlas) instead of there being like 3 warframes that can never be obtained again without plat? If you're delaying this to try and force people to buy them then please don't do that, thanks.

Archived