Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Unreachable

(XBOX)Chili No Cheese

I'm having this same issue.  I try to invite someone into a squad, and it will say, "Host not found" sometimes, or "Host Unreachable" sometimes.  It doesn't just happen with one person, but with people I've squadded with repeatedly in the recent past.  I'm trying to find something to show what would cause this.  Running all the network tests I can, my network seems solid.  Most messages I find about the topic are years old.  Just wanna be sure it's known this is still happening.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to connect with my friends and I jeep getting the host unreachable message with ALL of them. I have tried multiple methods. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it still has not worked. And I want to be able to play with my friends this Friday when double AFFINITY hits. Please DE's help me fix this. My email is Animejohn@hotmail.com Xbox one gamer tag is DarkDemonKing71 please help 

I am having this issue as well, I've found a way that did allow us to play together but that stopped working, I would have to leave the party and exit out of warframe and let it reload then send an invite to the game. Unfortunately that doesn't work for me anymore. Dunno if it's cause we have our accounts on each other's xboxs or if we both show offline. Hoping there will be a fix for this soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

On the Xbox my friend and I haven't been able to join game for over 2 weeks. We have to constantly use a 3rd member as a middle source to play but if that third person leaves. Then back to it constantly saying host unreachable. We have tried everything from changing the mat setting on the Xbox to power cycle to try and break a glitch in the connection and nothing seems to work

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, fooey...

I've actually worked this issue out as well as I can.  

So here's what those of you having this happen need to know.

First, next time you're on your Orbiter, stand in front of the Navigator (where you get the map) and then hit X so you enter it.

Notice on the chat window, all the way to the left-most side of that chat, you'll see by entering the Navigator, you created a Squad Chat.

Now if you hit B to exit the Navigator, and then go to the Start menu, if you look at the chat again, that Squad chat is gone.

When you enter the Navigator, you create a Host Session, you create a squad that others can then join.  

So essentially, if you don't send invites (through XBOX Live or through in-game menu options) while you're actually engaged into the Navigator, then there is no Host Session for others to join.

So even if you use the XBOX Live controls to send an invite, you want to do it while you're in the Navigator in-game.

This won't fix it 100% of the time, cause there are other bugs, and there are network related issues as well... but it should at least help for most of the times.  

Of course, if it persists even if you do it how I've described, then you and the other will both want to reset Warframe and/or your XBOX.

I wrote this months ago, and saw some recent messages on here, so I thought I'd share what 6 weeks of experimentation and research showed me.

On 3/18/2018 at 2:10 PM, (XB1)Noa Kenobi said:

Well, fooey...

I've actually worked this issue out as well as I can.  

So here's what those of you having this happen need to know.

First, next time you're on your Orbiter, stand in front of the Navigator (where you get the map) and then hit X so you enter it.

Notice on the chat window, all the way to the left-most side of that chat, you'll see by entering the Navigator, you created a Squad Chat.

Now if you hit B to exit the Navigator, and then go to the Start menu, if you look at the chat again, that Squad chat is gone.

When you enter the Navigator, you create a Host Session, you create a squad that others can then join.  

So essentially, if you don't send invites (through XBOX Live or through in-game menu options) while you're actually engaged into the Navigator, then there is no Host Session for others to join.

So even if you use the XBOX Live controls to send an invite, you want to do it while you're in the Navigator in-game.

This won't fix it 100% of the time, cause there are other bugs, and there are network related issues as well... but it should at least help for most of the times.  

Of course, if it persists even if you do it how I've described, then you and the other will both want to reset Warframe and/or your XBOX.

I wrote this months ago, and saw some recent messages on here, so I thought I'd share what 6 weeks of experimentation and research showed me.

These are two different issues. There is a bug where you aren't in a session and opening navigation will fix that bug. If you are not in a session, you cannot send an invite via warframe or from xbl, so if you are familiar with that issue, it's quick and easy to fix.

The problem in question is an extremely high rate of people who suddenly can't play together. There is one member in my alliance who can connect to every single person, and every one else is suddenly unable to play with each other. It always ends with a host not found error; we have to use him for any type of group activity because he's the only host who we can all connect to. These people have all been playing with each other with absolutely no problem for a very long time. They can play other games together on xbox, it's only warframe.

This issue began shortly after PoE released on console. I'd imagine some netcode fixes to try to stabilize people getting through the gate broke something somewhere else.

I am primarily on my Xbox One X but this does happen on my Xbox One, as well. I've been disconnected from: public matches I've started; my own Dojo when I invite somebody;  matches I have rejoined several times (I've been disconnected from a match so many times that it said something like "Unable to rejoin group. You have rejoined too many times.").

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue for months on my Xbox.  I have a Xbox One S and my friend has Xbox One (original).  It's weird.  We'll get the message almost every day.  Then once out of the month we can play together with no issues.  We do have 1 friend that can play with both of us, so like some of the others on here, we use him as the middle man.  I really like playing but if I can't play with the one friend that plays every day then it's starting to suck for me.  I keep meeting other players saying the same thing.  Our NAT is fine, ports are fine and both have reset the Xbox plus routers.  Just can't play together.  Last worked about 3 weeks ago.  Why is there no one addressing this problem.  It's a multiplayer game you can't play multiplayer on.  

Gonna throw my hat into the situation as well.

Playing on Xbox One X
Friend playing on Xbox One original model
Have checked our NAT, router settings and everything as recommended
Have tried power cycling the console and router both separately and simultaneously
Have tried to invite him to squad before mission
Have tried to invite him to squad during mission
Have tried to both start up the same mission and then invite to mission to work around
Have tried starting missions and joining him
Have joined an Xbox Live Party and then inviting via the party interface
Have tried inviting with the star map open

He has obviously tried all of these things on his end as well. None of them allowed us to game together. The moment we joined a random match we were able to play with the third person as host. Host dropped after mission and we were both stuck on the Please Wait... prompt.

So yeah, kinda feeling like I've done everything I possibly can to make this work on my end.

It worked for me before the last update... Is netcode changed ?

Solo, public play is working fine. But if i try to connect to my friend's squad (or he try to connect to my squad) then i always get "Host not found or Host unreachable).. 

Weird... I hope there will be a proper solution of that..

Edited by (XB1)Petyka76

Ok this is what worked for me and my friend :)

1.  Always make sure your NAT shows open

2. DO NOT BE IN PARTY CHAT on Xbox Live.  I think this was the biggest thing causing the issue.  We always started first in party chat.

3. Go to Navigation.  At this point try to send invite from Warframe invite system.  If that doesn't work, send invite through Xbox instead. Sometimes after you send the invite you may have to go back to lobby (walking around your ship) and it work as well.

That started working for us every single time now after never working before.  The biggest issue is everyone can hear you now so don't go crazy when someone sucks or doesn't know what they're doing.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ive been getting this error since early 2017 with an old friend I played with all the time. Now it’s going on a year and a half and is happening to more of my friends and the only work around I found was to have someone we both can connect to host a game for us and we all play like that.

Update. 

I restarted my gateway and that’s seesm to be the only fix to play with my friends. I just need to do it every time I wanna play with them 

Edited by (XB1)TECHNO HUSKY
Update

• 1 month later...
On 2018-07-09 at 10:37 PM, (XB1)Azraels Raven said:

Still getting this issue. Tried just about everything.

The methods I described in my reply months ago about this topic, I play with people in Europe and Australia (on US servers) on XBOX all the time, and as long as I do it the ways I've described, from the Navigator, with a side-chat open with a "yo" in there, etc... sometimes a game reset, or if I've been playing a few hours, an XBOX reset, and I've rarely if at all had any issues with this ever since I found that info...

• 1 month later...