Sign in to follow this  
GottFaust

[Unofficial] Weapon Dps Calculator (Current V0.5.4)

Question

I downloaded v0.5.0, and I noticed that Stunning Speed, a pistol mod, was misspelled as Sunning Speed. Also, Stunning Speed appears to increase reload time rather than decreasing it. For example, a reload speed of 2 seconds becomes 2.8 seconds with a fully ranked Stunning Speed.

I downloaded v0.5.0, and I noticed that Stunning Speed, a pistol mod, was misspelled as Sunning Speed. Also, Stunning Speed appears to increase reload time rather than decreasing it. For example, a reload speed of 2 seconds becomes 2.8 seconds with a fully ranked Stunning Speed.

Thanks for the heads-up. You should be able to correct those problems with the mod manager locally. I'll add them to my list of changes that I've got lined up for after Christmas.

In your synapse Sample is Point Strike ranked at 5, but it only needs to be ranked 3 times cause 50% * 2 = 100%.

So I changed that and saw that my damage went down. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong

In your synapse Sample is Point Strike ranked at 5, but it only needs to be ranked 3 times cause 50% * 2 = 100%.

So I changed that and saw that my damage went down. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong

Yes, the extra 25% crit chance actually does something. It adds a 25% chance for the a crit to hit twice. This has been verified by multiple sources to be the correct functionality. It's been in since the Synapse went live (probably before, but nothing could get above 100% before), so it's safe to assume that it's intended.

As a quick update: development on this will continue when the damage thrash has calmed down. It appears that It might have already, but I'm waiting to see what they do with Wednesday's update.

The mod "Bane of Grineer" seems to be functioning incorrectly. The added damage is appears to be reflected in the chart, however, not in all of the numerical values. For example, On a build without "Bane of Grineer" it takes 3.191 seconds to kill a level 100 Heavy Gunner and it does 5908.628 damage per second to Grineer. When I add a rank 4 "Bane of Grineer" the statistics say that my weapon does 7183 damage per second against Grineer, and the graph reflects the change. However, the time it takes to kill a lvl 100 Heavy Gunner remains the same: 3.191. Perhaps I missed something in how the damage is calculated, but I would think that by increasing the damage to all Grineer by 20% that the time it takes to kill a heavy gunner would decrease.

Despite this, everything else I tried  worked great. Thanks for doing this.

The mod "Bane of Grineer" seems to be functioning incorrectly. The added damage is appears to be reflected in the chart, however, not in all of the numerical values. For example, On a build without "Bane of Grineer" it takes 3.191 seconds to kill a level 100 Heavy Gunner and it does 5908.628 damage per second to Grineer. When I add a rank 4 "Bane of Grineer" the statistics say that my weapon does 7183 damage per second against Grineer, and the graph reflects the change. However, the time it takes to kill a lvl 100 Heavy Gunner remains the same: 3.191. Perhaps I missed something in how the damage is calculated, but I would think that by increasing the damage to all Grineer by 20% that the time it takes to kill a heavy gunner would decrease.

Despite this, everything else I tried  worked great. Thanks for doing this.

I'll take a look at that when I go in to add the new surface types, but it all depends on what you dropped for it, and what's resulting in the time to kill being that way. Keep in mind that certain procs and proc rates might actually have a much larger impact on the time required to kill a target than the DPS you're dealing against said target.

Do the other bane mods function as you'd expect them to?

Bane of Corpus works as I would expect- it decreases the time for moas and techs.. The Bane of Infested doesn't appear to change the time for a lvl 100 Toxic Ancient though. I was testing them with and without the mods. I didn't replace anything. Also, as far as I know, Bane of Grineer doesn't add any procs. It is just simply adding damage, which I would expect to decrease the time. 

Bane of Corpus works as I would expect- it decreases the time for moas and techs.. The Bane of Infested doesn't appear to change the time for a lvl 100 Toxic Ancient though. I was testing them with and without the mods. I didn't replace anything. Also, as far as I know, Bane of Grineer doesn't add any procs. It is just simply adding damage, which I would expect to decrease the time.

Ok, something may be broken: adding it to my to-do list.

Anyone know where to find the burst fire rate vs the regular fire rate for burst weapons? Everywhere I look I can only find one fire rate listed (the rate in the UI and the rate in the wiki don't match either).

Burston Prime being the specific weapon in question - thanks.

Now with the new status mod, hammer shot or Malignant force? =)

On the synapse: both.

Anyone know where to find the burst fire rate vs the regular fire rate for burst weapons? Everywhere I look I can only find one fire rate listed (the rate in the UI and the rate in the wiki don't match either).

Burston Prime being the specific weapon in question - thanks.

I base my info in this regard off of some data-mined data available on Reddit. It saves me the time of having to data mine it myself as it's not readily available in game sadly. Edited by GottFaust

Hey there! I've got a bug report for ya.

It looks like mods that improve reload speed are *increasing* reload time rather than decreasing it. A 3.0s reload pistol with a maxed Quickdraw goes to 4.4s, for example. The same is true of Stunning Strike and Fast Hands; I assume that it's the same for all reload mods.

Just to confirm, the DPS line also went down significantly when applying reload mods.

Also, in the mod manager, the Effect Type on reload is listed as 'ReladSpeed'.

Edit: I took a look in the source code and it appears it's simply doing (New Reload) = (Base Reload) * (1 + Reload Mod %). The game uses (New Reload) = (Base Reload) / (1 + Reload Mod %). Tested in-game with a 2.0 reload rifle and a 25% Fast Hands, which gave me 1.6s reload (2 / 1.25).

Edited by Okonomiyaki

Hey there! I've got a bug report for ya.

It looks like mods that improve reload speed are *increasing* reload time rather than decreasing it. A 3.0s reload pistol with a maxed Quickdraw goes to 4.4s, for example. The same is true of Stunning Strike and Fast Hands; I assume that it's the same for all reload mods.

Just to confirm, the DPS line also went down significantly when applying reload mods.

Also, in the mod manager, the Effect Type on reload is listed as 'ReladSpeed'.

Edit: I took a look in the source code and it appears it's simply doing (New Reload) = (Base Reload) * (1 + Reload Mod %). The game uses (New Reload) = (Base Reload) / (1 + Reload Mod %). Tested in-game with a 2.0 reload rifle and a 25% Fast Hands, which gave me 1.6s reload (2 / 1.25).

Yeah someone actually already reported that problem and one involving burst-fire weapons over PM a couple of days ago.

Thanks for pointing it out though. It's on my TODO list for when I get time to work on this beast again, but you can fix it locally by inverting the value in your local mod database as a temporary fix.

Yeah someone actually already reported that problem and one involving burst-fire weapons over PM a couple of days ago.

Thanks for pointing it out though. It's on my TODO list for when I get time to work on this beast again, but you can fix it locally by inverting the value in your local mod database as a temporary fix.

Awesome, thanks!

I tried inverting it, though, and it's still a touch off.  After inversion, it's now doing 2s * (1 - 0.25), which gives 1.5s instead of the expected 1.6s from 2s / (1 + 0.25).  For now I'll just calculate it myself and change the weapon's base reload time as if I had the mods installed, but it's great to hear that you're already on it.

Edited by Okonomiyaki

Quick update:

I'm still chugging away on this this thing. Time has been somewhat limited, and the recent adjustments to continuous-fire weapons have made it all a bit more complicated. I should hopefully have an updated version for you guys sooner than later.

Edited by GottFaust
  • Upvote 1

Yes! I'll be waiting. The dmg/proc mechanics are one of those things that makes the weapons interesting.

i think there is a problem added the cicero mod and now it says my secondary can kill a heavy grineer 100 lvl in 1 sec 0_o

Edit : How accurate this is because i see some weird stuff like Gorgon having the same TTK with Soma and Boltor being better than Supra 

Edited by Garuger

Hey, I was doing a build for the soma and was just wondering why split chamber gives better raw damage per second than heavy cal? Build is Cryo 5, Hellfire 5, Infected Clip 5, Hammershot 3, Point Strike 5, Vital Sense 5, Serration 10, and then switching between the 2 maxed.

i think there is a problem added the cicero mod and now it says my secondary can kill a heavy grineer 100 lvl in 1 sec 0_o

Edit : How accurate this is because i see some weird stuff like Gorgon having the same TTK with Soma and Boltor being better than Supra

That all depends on the secondary. Many of them are extremely powerful. That being said: the current version inaccurate to what you'll see in the game right now. I should have an updated version ready to go tomorrow.

Hey, I was doing a build for the soma and was just wondering why split chamber gives better raw damage per second than heavy cal? Build is Cryo 5, Hellfire 5, Infected Clip 5, Hammershot 3, Point Strike 5, Vital Sense 5, Serration 10, and then switching between the 2 maxed.

Keep in mind that doubling the number of projectiles doubles ALL damage, even that of the initial serration. Heavy Caliber just operates like a second serration with an ammo drop.

That all depends on the secondary. Many of them are extremely powerful. That being said: the current version inaccurate to what you'll see in the game right now. I should have an updated version ready to go tomorrow.

Well i used cestra i dont think it would be that powerful to do something like that.However if you are saying it is innacurate i understand and i will wait or the next update tomorrow :D 

I do not see Malignant Force on the list.

It's in the new version releasing later today at around 6:00pm est, but you can add a local version through the mod manager in the mean time.

New version 0.5.1 is up with a complete suit of the new surface types, updated proc calculations, updated continuous fire weapon functionality, and much more.

• Upvote 1

New version 0.5.1 is up with a complete suit of the new surface types, updated proc calculations, updated continuous fire weapon functionality, and much more.

Thank you :D