Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 104 Overview

[DE]Taylor

The first Devstream of 2018 proved be more eventful than planned, but with it came some exciting news and reveals to start the year. If you don't have time to watch the full stream, you can read the highlights in our overview.

For the full effect, we recommend playing this video in the background:

Spoiler

fire safety is very important!

Have a great weekend, Tenno!

I'm going to guess it was the servers setting themselves on fire again at yet another failed twitch drop on PS4 at least... 

that makes what 3 or 4 failed drops now??  seem to remember steve stating after one of the previous failed drops it would be made up for consoles... and yet noting in site on that front either

35 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

The first Devstream of 2018 proved be more eventful than planned, but with it came some exciting news and reveals to start the year. If you don't have time to watch the full stream, you can read the highlights in our overview.

Reveal hidden contents

i saw the Devstream

it was pretty Lit.

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hide contents

ok so what im hearing is... we are getting the OG Ember Deluxe skin in 2018 =] WOOHOO!!!!

10 minutes of content, 20 minutes of banter. Then fire alarm of course. 

It's nice to see devs have a laugh and a good time, but it's not really fun to watch and have to wait 30 minutes before seeing any in game content... All we saw in 39 minutes was some very WIP plains vehicle and some of the double handed long sword. 2 assets in almost 40 minutes. I just wish they would focus more. Prime time is a better place for banter, Dev stream people tune in for news an content updates.

Obviously we did hear about

- mesa delux skin

- unvaulting of ember frost and loki

- IPS back to the drawing board and Khora redesign.

Personally I've been dying to know more what's going on with Khora. Suspense at max since they almost released her 3 weeks ago, heard nothing and then saw nothing this steam. Maybe without the fire we would have seen more but it was at 40 minutes before the alarm.

Anyway just my feedback. Glad it was just a false alarm and you all evacuated in the end. Hope it wasn't too freezing outside

On 1/13/2018 at 9:39 AM, Lanying said:

10 minutes of content, 20 minutes of banter. Then fire alarm of course. 

It's nice to see devs have a laugh and a good time, but it's not really fun to watch and have to wait 30 minutes before seeing any in game content... All we saw in 39 minutes was some very WIP plains vehicle and some of the double handed long sword. 2 assets in almost 40 minutes. I just wish they would focus more. Prime time is a better place for banter, Dev stream people tune in for news an content updates.

Obviously we did hear about

- mesa delux skin

- unvaulting of ember frost and loki

- IPS back to the drawing board and Khora redesign.

Personally I've been dying to know more what's going on with Khora. Suspense at max since they almost released her 3 weeks ago, heard nothing and then saw nothing this steam. Maybe without the fire we would have seen more but it was at 40 minutes before the alarm.

Anyway just my feedback. Glad it was just a false alarm and you all evacuated in the end. Hope it wasn't too freezing outside

I wanted to say this months ago, but i held my thought.. after saw this devstream, though im really sorry for the accident, it’s basicly what you said.. they gone into 40 minutes of stream and almost nothing shown.. this happened a lot and i dont know if they’re really ready to show something in the stream, sometimes they argue between them about something that someone said it shouldnt be shown yet, or that supposed to be spoiler, and ended up being nothing shown..

i hope this year’s stream be more focused on new things, rather than joking/mumbling/discussing unimportant topics..

"Lotus: Tenno, be on the lookout for increased security measures, the enemy would rather destroy their data than let it get into our hands."

"Lotus: Alarms have been triggered, you need to retrieve that data before the data destruction is complete."

In all seriousness. I do hope next dev stream that whatever they was gonna show after the alarm went off is gonna be on next devstream. But I am glad it was only a false alarm and that everything is ok.

Hope to see you guys again next time.

6 hours ago, Edzhang said:

I wanted to say this months ago, but i held my thought.. after saw this devstream, though im really sorry for the accident, it’s basicly what you said.. they gone into 40 minutes of stream and almost nothing shown.. this happened a lot and i dont know if they’re really ready to show something in the stream, sometimes they argue between them about something that someone said it shouldnt be shown yet, or that supposed to be spoiler, and ended up being nothing shown..

i hope this year’s stream be more focused on new things, rather than joking/mumbling/discussing unimportant topics..

I was going to hold my tongue too. I really enjoy seeing the devs be natural and relaxed. It's nice to watch people having fun on stream. It's why I watch prime time.

That said as a viewer who has been eagerly awaiting the Dev stream it's not fun when they are not as focused on the point of the dev stream. It's so much fun watching all the new content, seeing proposed designs and getting updates, so when something appears to be halting that it can be frustrating as a viewer. If anyone at DE does see this I hope they don't take it the wrong way. I think they're a really cool team. I just wish the Dev streams were focused on giving viewers information and exciting content over team banter.

You've taken the time to gather 5 senior team members, I am always excited to see what they all add and have to share. 

On 13/01/2018 at 2:39 AM, Lanying said:

snip

Yeah it would be nice if they actually 'focused' on the devstream a lot more than they seem to these days.  It does feel like it's gradually been getting worse and worse since I started watching and while it's nice to see the 'personalities' of the people behind the scenes the whole point behind a devstream is to tell us about the 'development' of the game imo. 

They ask us to put questions up on the forum and then usually pick one or two which are usually something we already know from the last stream, answering something that is basically common sense or something most of us couldn't give a monkey's about but will likely link into 'something we can buy with plat'. 

I would love, just once, for the entire devstream just to be quick fire answers to all the questions, no 'promoting new stuff', that can be done in prime time imo. 

As to devstream 104... All I could think during one of the small bits of info was, why have they made the dargyn (which took up far too much visibility imo) when they don't seem to want us to use our archwings on the plains.......which is something we have to actually 'pay for' in the foundry.  

When they said it was reusable I was like, seriously a 'free' item on the plains is reusable but the one thing we've been asking to be re-usable when we eject is not (archwing beacons are single use even if you've taken ZERO damage).   Seems they've also managed to make dargyns slow down etc which is something archwings can't really do at the moment on the plains. 

It also doesn't look like the dargyns will be one shot either so what is the point in archwings on plains again, they have zero tactical use because they get silently one shot and they currently have no fine controls due to some changes made to their movement in one of the last updates of 2017.... We've been asking for changes to archwing since PoE release but nothing is done, then DE decide we can get dargyns (likely because people have been shouting loudly about 'stealing' enemy vehicles) which basically remove all the issues we've got with archwings....while doing nothing to archwings. 

Not the best or most informative of Devstreams for sure, but certainly one of the most memorable. Granted the team barely got back from holidays and are already hard at work with Venuscape, Status Effects 2.75, Khora revisioned, and more in the horizon. It wasn't without disappointments though, what with the delays on Prime Unvaulting and whatnot.

I look forward to more details on those new Augments, and hope that the update will be in January.

Archived