Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's the PVP, stupid!!!!!

(PSN)neurotic01

Digital Extremes please, you earned hundreds of millions last year (I assume) bring us some decent pvp, like Fortnite, Overwatch or even better. Warframe is loosing thousands of players every day because this game has no good pvp system. Yeah, I heard it thousand times its co-op..bla bla.. well then make co-op pvp, wtf its not that difficult. all the awesome frames and weapons and nothing to do besides farming and grinding. it`s the pvp stupid, thats why games like PUBG, Fortnite, Dota,LOL and Overwatch are so popular. what could be better than battle royale with warframe on Lua or Venus or co-op pvp battles against other players and creepy alien hordes, tactical co-op battles like in Overwatch...we have the frames, we have the weapons, please give us something to do with them, its not that hard. even modes we have already like interception or mobile defense can be easily made for pvp...just do it for your players and fans and the future of the game

3 минуты назад, DatDarkOne сказал:

That's a rather bold statement there.  Especially since you have no way to prove it. 

Especially since it's the other way around lmao. Since PoE was announed and launched it brought -ton of people and overall the playerbase is only growing.

So maybe op can go back to the awful overwatch community and play it (maybe then he will realize a couple of things)

vor 2 Stunden schrieb -Temp0-:

Especially since it's the other way around lmao. Since PoE was announed and launched it brought -ton of people and overall the playerbase is only growing.

So maybe op can go back to the awful overwatch community and play it (maybe then he will realize a couple of things)

Just played a few hours Overwatch and Fortnite and had lost of fun, now back to Warframe..did the daily sortie, now leveling some weapons on Hydron, not much fun :(

Le ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2018 à 09:46, (PS4)neurotic01 a dit :

Digital Extremes please, you earned hundreds of millions last year (I assume) bring us some decent pvp, like Fortnite, Overwatch or even better. Warframe is loosing thousands of players every day because this game has no good pvp system. Yeah, I heard it thousand times its co-op..bla bla.. well then make co-op pvp, wtf its not that difficult. all the awesome frames and weapons and nothing to do besides farming and grinding. it`s the pvp stupid, thats why games like PUBG, Fortnite, Dota,LOL and Overwatch are so popular. what could be better than battle royale with warframe on Lua or Venus or co-op pvp battles against other players and creepy alien hordes, tactical co-op battles like in Overwatch...we have the frames, we have the weapons, please give us something to do with them, its not that hard. even modes we have already like interception or mobile defense can be easily made for pvp...just do it for your players and fans and the future of the game

I fully agree, I just continued to play warframe because of the "Dark Serctor"
And then they take to do a rework that takes years

Comparing games built from the ground up as PvP like OW to warframe is incredibly silly. WF lacks good PvP primarily because of how incredibly overpowered players are, thus the balancing is a nightmare. I'm not strictly against PvP in WF, but when i want to play PvP I'll go play a game built for it from the beginning. Not a game that has it shoehorned in and quite literally has core systems and mechanics that actively work against PvP as a mode. 

When i want PvP, I'll go play OW or Siege. When i want to slaughter thousands of hapless goons, I'll play WF.

On a side note: Where's your statistics OP? Because I can guarantee you that the amount of players WF is losing due to a lack of fleshed out PvP is such a tiny fraction of the playerbase thats its negligible. 

Edited by StinkyPygmy

The thing is currently conclave feel like a different game, the mods and stats is separate from PVE, 
meaning players are playing conclave with none of the benefit from PVE being transferable, hence why would they play ?

Since conclave mods are mostly limited to conclave usage, even if you earn mods in PVP it remains untransferable to use in PVE play.

Not to mention all the crafting, resources etc basically is PVE based, 
it would be kind of strange having to play PVE just to get a weapon for PVP.

Naturally players would incline towards PVE.

There is issue with PVE equipment stats using for PVP, since on radiation hazard etc 
we all know that any weapon with a full build in PVE would 1 - 2 hit a warframe in PVP/ friendly fire situation.
A dragon nikana with full build would rip apart most warframe in a single hit in dojo duel.

Making PVP feeling broken as basically it is far too "realistic" that if you get shot you are dead.

Balancing the PVP without upsetting performance from weapons is not going to work, a 5 forma lex prime build that can easily bring down 
a level 50 heavy gunner, will bring down all warframes in 1 hit.

If you water down the damage scale with rebalancing in the PVP it is still not the same PVE power that players 
are getting in PVE mode.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

From the beginning warframe was built as a pve game. When pvp was brought in it was because people complained there was no pvp. the devs themselves literally said that they made pvp for those people but would 100% never make it a focus. Likely what we got is all that pvp will ever be and i am more than fine with that.

well, it's not only the lack of pvp it's also the lack of endgame content in general. what we have? Eidolon hunt, fishing and mining, that's it. I will most likely switch to games like MonsterHunter or similar when they come out. Grinding endlessly the same S#&$ is definitely not what I can do for to long and thats what Warframe is right now. I basically finished all content in one month and right now I'm just grinding stuff to build new weapons and raise my MR. and that's getting freaking boring and depressing.

1 hour ago, (PS4)neurotic01 said:

-snip- Grinding endlessly the same S#&$ is definitely not what I can do for to long and thats what Warframe is right now. -snip-

1 hour ago, (PS4)neurotic01 said:

I will most likely switch to games like MonsterHunter

Well that's ironic.

Either way it's an absolute bogus claim that thousands of players are lost due to a bad pvp system, when it's been shown that only around 1% of the current population even play conclave.

I actually really enjoy the PVP in Warframe, even though I really don't play that often, and I love the fact that Conclave and PVE are balanced completely separately. Yes, it makes it difficult to jump into pvp as little is explained in Warframe and the wiki is not really a good resource for Conclave like it is for the PVE but every game I've ever played that balances pvp and pve as one game fails hard because balance is not the same in pvp as pve, something that is underpowered in pve can often be good or even op in pvp or vise versa and if you adjust for one mode the other ends up suffering.

I enjoy Conclave because it's very movement intensive and it's really fun to bullet jump and maneuver thru the arenas while trying to hit opponents that are also moving so quickly thru the arena. It's really satisfying to get a kill in that situation if you have good aim and movement. The big problem I have though is if you end up in a hosted game, the host becomes a god and latency makes the high movement and high aim dependent gameplay annoyingly difficult and frustrating. Nothing will solve that outside of more dedicated servers though and even if that happens I think the gameplay is so fast paced that often you're not going to have a fair fight unless you're on lan. Another issue is that very few actually play the pvp so it's difficult to find matches and because there is such a low population you can't really get any sort of skill based matching making so if you removed the conditioning restriction, so that you could go higher lvls of conclave rank for better rewards, you can often end up in matches where you are outclassed and many people find it difficult to learn pvp if they are constantly losing fights. Some people are probably like me and look at losing in a pvp match as a reason to figure out the game and strive to get better though, idk, I'm weird.

My favorite part of Warframe is the movement system and I would hate for Conclave to drop things like bullet jump, aim glide, wall latch, etc to be able to offer pvp that is rather mundane in comparison just to cater to people that want the mode to just be like some other game on the market.

I'm all for PvP but this seems like an exaggeration. Current PvP is being developed and worked on to satisfy the part of the playerbase that enjoy it. Without a decent PvP there won't be a huge loss since people don't come to the game for PvP(majority of people). I only play Conclave now if i do play, but even I got the game for PvE at first. I didn't even know about the PvP until i had 1k hours in the game.

The current PvP itself won't get huge attention or support to be perfected as long as it's not popular among the playerbase. DE works to satisfy the masses and they won't bother with PvP since the masses don't care much about it, it's just how it is. Great thing is that DE does still update and work on Conclave just for the people who do play and enjoy it, regardless of how small the number maybe, that's something. Even Lunaro gets patches every now and then.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Nighttide77:

Mmm...  Warframe's PoE + PUBG...   running about a shrinking safe zone Plains map with a battle royale and a potential hostile Teralyst spawn towards the middle-end?  It would be awesome and get the salt flowing again.

that's what I'm talking!! make the game fun again and give us good pvp, it's not tio much to ask for^^