Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's the PVP, stupid!!!!!

(PSN)neurotic01

On 1/17/2018 at 9:52 PM, SevenLetterKWord said:

What Warframe needs is fewer players trying to turn it into other games.

On 1/17/2018 at 11:34 AM, (PS4)neurotic01 said:

Darks Souls

I like the idea of bosses you're able to defeat with any weapon, looking at your sortie lephantis

On 14/01/2018 at 7:44 PM, (PS4)neurotic01 said:

Just played a few hours Overwatch and Fortnite and had lost of fun, now back to Warframe..did the daily sortie, now leveling some weapons on Hydron, not much fun :(

Just finished looking at your profile, you havent played a single game of conclave, not even one.

You have no right to dictate how pvp in this game should be because you dont play it

On 16/01/2018 at 10:36 PM, Nighttide77 said:

Mmm...  Warframe's PoE + PUBG...   running about a shrinking safe zone Plains map with a battle royale and a potential hostile Teralyst spawn towards the middle-end?  It would be awesome and get the salt flowing again.

This is possibly the only post of value to come out of this thread.  Definitely an idea I'd love to try, though I have a suspicion warframe's netcode isn't anywhere near ready to handle this kind of thing.

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎16 at 11:36 PM, Nighttide77 said:

Mmm...  Warframe's PoE + PUBG...   running about a shrinking safe zone Plains map with a battle royale and a potential hostile Teralyst spawn towards the middle-end?  It would be awesome and get the salt flowing again.

16 hours ago, MisterDre said:

This is possibly the only post of value to come out of this thread.  Definitely an idea I'd love to try, though I have a suspicion warframe's netcode isn't anywhere near ready to handle this kind of thing.

I totally agree, a large scale squad based PvP mode would be completely epic!

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎14 at 5:46 AM, (PS4)neurotic01 said:

Digital Extremes please, you earned hundreds of millions last year (I assume) bring us some decent pvp, like Fortnite, Overwatch or even better. Warframe is loosing thousands of players every day because this game has no good pvp system. Yeah, I heard it thousand times its co-op..bla bla.. well then make co-op pvp, wtf its not that difficult. all the awesome frames and weapons and nothing to do besides farming and grinding. it`s the pvp stupid, thats why games like PUBG, Fortnite, Dota,LOL and Overwatch are so popular. what could be better than battle royale with warframe on Lua or Venus or co-op pvp battles against other players and creepy alien hordes, tactical co-op battles like in Overwatch...we have the frames, we have the weapons, please give us something to do with them, its not that hard. even modes we have already like interception or mobile defense can be easily made for pvp...just do it for your players and fans and the future of the game

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎16 at 11:36 PM, Nighttide77 said:

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎17 at 11:13 AM, (PS4)neurotic01 said:

that's what I'm talking!! make the game fun again and give us good pvp, it's not tio much to ask for^^

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎17 at 11:34 AM, (PS4)neurotic01 said:

what warframe needs is are epic battle against giant Monsters and bosses like in Monster Hunter or Darks Souls, single or co-op and good pvp like in Overwatch or PUBG

Something I had stated in another forum thread.

"Of course Warframe wouldn't be just like PUBG, it is a different game. There would definitely be a Warframe twist to it, such as fighting for your Faction or Incorporating the crossfire missions into the battle royal mode somehow. And it wouldn't have to be a complete Free-For-All either, they could easily have a squad mode, and considering Warframe is a squad oriented game, that style of PvP would suite and fit in Warframe perfectly. It wouldn't have to be a 100 player mode either. They could make it 40, with 10 teams of 4 duking it out. (Or 60 players, 15 teams of 4)
The current and future open world expansions they are adding are perfect to implement this form of PvP content.
They could implement multiple stories. Such as large buildings or underground zones with multiple levels, tunnels, and paths that would add a bit more of a "Maze" like affect to the Map and thus increasing the playable areas without having to add much more to the actual size of the open world zone.
Also I feel like a Warframe battle royal mode would turn out more like what Paladins is going for, with squad based gameplay in mind. If the PvP was designed around this concept, than they could add certain control points that squads could fight over for defensible positions that would maybe provide some sort of auxiliary bonus if maintained for long enough, such as artillery or vehicles. Vehicles having been revealed in the last two Dev Streams and are 100% coming to Warframe at some point.
I could totally picture bunkers or zones with badass vehicles to fight over. A squad rolls up to one of the zones, has to fight 2 other squads to the death for control of said point and after a bit of preparation has some sort of badass tank or bomber they can pilot.
Upon Lotus announcing  "Tenno an opposing squad has gained control of the Grineer Bomber,  anti-air artillery is close to your position. Locate it before it is to late!" you and your squad mates would have to quickly determine where the nearest anti-air weaponry was located and progress to that point, probably running into and battling several other squads on the way. Obviously this is mostly speculation, but I could see something like easily being implemented into the style and genre that this game is."
Spoiler

Edited by (PS4)flying_anvil

• 1 month later...

Speaking in a more polite way: The game is great! Incredible in CO-Op, but there comes a period when players get sick and want a PvP to distract, and the current PvP is not very attractive. A Team vs. Team Killing event or even a Battle Royale as well as Paladins did at a certain time (it was so certain they took it off and decided to make a new game about it). It would top a PvP survival with the mechanics of the Warframe, being the items on the floor the skill cards and weapons and armor, and the drop would be the special abilities. Something like this ... You were going to bill the market!

On 14.01.2018 г. at 1:46 PM, (PS4)neurotic01 said:

like Fortnite

Stop right there. For the last time, a battle royale mode just won't work in Warframe.

On 16.01.2018 г. at 5:04 AM, Ada_Wong_SG said:

The thing is currently conclave feel like a different game, the mods and stats is separate from PVE, 
meaning players are playing conclave with none of the benefit from PVE being transferable, hence why would they play ?

Since conclave mods are mostly limited to conclave usage, even if you earn mods in PVP it remains untransferable to use in PVE play.

• Except for all the frames and weapons (not counting MK-1 and a few others that can be bought with credits) unless you don't mind spending a lot of play...because there is no way of getting frames (other then the 3 starters when you reach Typhoon rank) or weapons if you only play Conclave.
  • Precisely why there have been threads asking for ar least Warframe PvP only augments to be usable in PvE (one of them being mine). It's not like they will be meta, they are all niche stuff...some of which won't even work in PvP (Mag's Pull stealling energy from enemies) without a slight rework.
On 16.01.2018 г. at 5:08 AM, CaramelSalted said:

From the beginning warframe was built as a pve game. When pvp was brought in it was because people complained there was no pvp. the devs themselves literally said that they made pvp for those people but would 100% never make it a focus.

DE says many things, on a recent Devstream they even admitted to saying that I would never touch Arcanes...ya look at Arcanes now.
Also cough Lunaro had an entire update for itself cough. Not trying to say that Conclave should be focused on at the prize of PvE (for too long), especially with all those [DE]layes, but it would be nice to have a better balance between the two modes.

On 16.01.2018 г. at 4:49 PM, wanning said:

Some people are probably like me and look at losing in a pvp match as a reason to figure out the game and strive to get better though, idk, I'm weird.

But you are not alone :clem:

On 16.01.2018 г. at 7:07 PM, .Zel said:

Current PvP is being developed and worked on to satisfy the part of the playerbase that enjoy it. -snip- 

Great thing is that DE does still update and work on Conclave just for the people who do play and enjoy it, regardless of how small the number maybe, that's something. Even Lunaro gets patches every now and then.

Mere bug fixes and solving balance issues when new weapons and warframes come out...but ya, it's appreciated.

Oh boy, it's one of those threads...

Ok, here's the thing, buddy. You know what happens when a game is made to resemble another game (Warframe made to resemble PUBG for example)? That game will die because people have that other game. Yeah, it sounds cool on paper, but at the end of the day, people who invested their time in PUBG aren't going to suddenly swarm to Warframe Battle Royale. Give it a shot, maybe, but then they'll go back to PUBG because that's where their investment is. As for the players of Warframe... well, they'll go to the better product. If Warframe Battle Royale takes over Conclave, and people won't be able to play Conclave anymore... well, those people who like Conclave will be pissed and probably leave, and people who like battle royales, they'll go to the best one.

Even if Warframe's PvP needs improvement (I don't know, I hate PvP in general), copying a more successful game ain't the way to improve it if you want it to be successful.

P.S. Warframe is a PvE game, if you came here for PvP you've got the wrong game.

You confuse things, the idea is to complement the game, in general, people want complete game, so they do not have to change game and get dizzy quickly. The example of Battle Royale would be just another mode in the conclave, since the game already has planets with vast territory, would give to explore well a game mode like that! It would not be a copy of PUGb and yes, a very different game but only with a similar modality (PUGB did not create Battle Royale mode, it only stood out to others for realism, graphics etc).

It would be a great Warframe achievement! I would even fix my full-time games on Warframe, both in Pve Q and PvP. Every developer's intent is to please most and bill, and not just please a range of players.

• 1 month later...

so i started playing warframe this weekend for the first time and i love it! but when i try to pvp i dont find any players to pvp which sucks and i love pvp games :( i hope they get more players to join pvp if not ill prob go back to WoW and pubg until they get some better pvp.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-03-03 at 8:56 AM, Gabbynaru said:

Oh boy, it's one of those threads...

Ok, here's the thing, buddy. You know what happens when a game is made to resemble another game (Warframe made to resemble PUBG for example)? That game will die because people have that other game. Yeah, it sounds cool on paper, but at the end of the day, people who invested their time in PUBG aren't going to suddenly swarm to Warframe Battle Royale. Give it a shot, maybe, but then they'll go back to PUBG because that's where their investment is. As for the players of Warframe... well, they'll go to the better product. If Warframe Battle Royale takes over Conclave, and people won't be able to play Conclave anymore... well, those people who like Conclave will be pissed and probably leave, and people who like battle royales, they'll go to the best one.

Even if Warframe's PvP needs improvement (I don't know, I hate PvP in general), copying a more successful game ain't the way to improve it if you want it to be successful.

P.S. Warframe is a PvE game, if you came here for PvP you've got the wrong game.

I just dislike when this people come and say you got the wrong game...

Look, Even the PvE lacks of fun, I'll show you examples:

-Is not that challenging, which sometimes makes fall asleep while playing.

-It would be more interesting if it had Music themes for each situation, like a silent, puzzle music while stealth and a more energetic music while being loud and killing all...

-Boss fights, they just seem really depressing... don't get me wrong. I like boss fights I found Lephantis boss fight my favourite for the animations it had when you meet Lephantis v2. Now the problem here is...  Boss fight would be more enjoyable if each boss had their own unique soundtrack and dying animation. cause when they die is just like a normal enemy dying... doesn't really catch a boss feeling... (Stalker is okay, he kneels when he kills the players and dissappears, but when defeated I'd prefer to show us he is actually hurt and dissappear, instead of just kneeling and dissappear).

-In addition to the bosses ideas... they made the "beasts of sanctuary" update, why not add a Boss endurance? in which you fight all bosses and Mini bosses such as (Tyl regor, stalker and the acolytes, Lephantis, etc...) of course according to the player's progress, wouldn't make sense to see a MR 1 fighting Kela The Thaym.

-Making a mode that could be Starwing, actually piloting a gunship.

I agree we need a better PvP introduced in warframe... but the true reason is that there is not much you can do really when you are endgame... and waiting for story to progress you could just be killing other players, or the "ideas" and opinions I proposed... I believe that would keep PvE and PvP players happy... from my Neutral point of view.

P.S: I am a PvP player mostly, but I do enjoy PvE games that are entertaing and with a nice story.