Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Performance Problems with my i7-3770k @4.5GHz and GTX 1070 Ti

SacredScout

Good day everyone,

I am experiencing performance problems with my PC whenever I play Warframe. My friend with a GTX 970 can even manage to get more then twice the FPS as I do. My CPU usage is below 50% and my GPU usage is mostly even below 40%. I have no Idea what that is the case, it felt like that I even got more FPS with my HD 7970.

My screen is 144Hz, and I am reaching 200-400FPS on the Ship, but in missions it is terrible, on average like 70FPS. 

What could be the cause for that?

I think your friend may be telling fibs...

I posted this in another thread, seems relevant:

On 12/5/2017 at 11:42 PM, MillbrookWest said:

The liset is essentially an empty box, with no complex game-code to run (CPU work).

Since there is no complex game-code to run, you only really have the renderer running on the CPU, which prepares frames for the GPU. 
Since you have no kind of frame-rate limiter active, your GPU can churn out frames as fast as they come in - hence 100% GPU usage in the liset and a high frame-rate to go along with it.

In missions, you actually have complex game-code to run (CPU), since the renderer isn't the only thing on the CPU anymore, the renderer may take longer to prepare frames for the GPU.
Since the GPU is rendering frames faster than the CPU can prepare them, it's usage goes down (and probably it's clocks too if the driver hasn't been tweaked).

CPU bottleneck -> RAM speed (and timings) may also play a factor, but no ones really bothered testing with Warframe.

Warframe is not a GPU demanding game.

If you want to get more use out of your GPU, run warframe in 4K as the GPU has the headroom.

50% cpu seems about right, you have a 4 core cpu and warframe uses mainly 2, 2 out 4 is 50%

How much you are using those 2 cores is the key, also make sure that you unpark the cores so that when warframe has the chance, it uses more than the 2 cores, that might improve the framerate

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:13 AM, SacredScout said:

Good day everyone,

I am experiencing performance problems with my PC whenever I play Warframe. My friend with a GTX 970 can even manage to get more then twice the FPS as I do. My CPU usage is below 50% and my GPU usage is mostly even below 40%. I have no Idea what that is the case, it felt like that I even got more FPS with my HD 7970.

My screen is 144Hz, and I am reaching 200-400FPS on the Ship, but in missions it is terrible, on average like 70FPS. 

What could be the cause for that?

my idea is to 1:take the FPS when you play single player/Solo and compare it to when your in a full squad as warframe likes to run like a saltine cracker smooth rough smooth rough when your in a full squad while solo its pretty butter for me

it only gets a bit rough when theres a ton of mobs and expolosions but it takes a lot more stuff playing solo to degrade performance unlike playing multiplayer