Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Armor: Scaling Fix

(PSN)LoisGordils

On 1/15/2018 at 1:08 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

this just sounds like an enemy nerf. So you essentially want to keep enemies at OHK status? We have many ways to deal with armor already implemented in game. IMO they need to buff shields up a bit to make them a problem

It's not an enemy nerf, it's a problem nerf. Armor scaling makes Corrosive/Slash weapons absolutely mandatory. The EHP high level armored enemies have is asinine because they have 99%+ damage mitigation, which laughs in the face of every single weapon in the game, no matter how powerful it is. Your only choice is to either proc Corrosive to strip away their armor, or proc Slash to bypass it entirely.

I'm fine with enemies receiving more raw HP per level as a means to prevent them from being trivialized, but the core problem here is that armor makes any weapon without a high status chance useless. It severely limits weapon variety.

I would be ok with them scaling Corrosive projection with time.  By this I mean, if you are going in to a survival, corrosive projections goes from 30% to 35% after 20 minutes has passed.  35% to 40% after 40 minutes.  40% to 45% after 1 hour ... so on so forth.  Not sure if this would help solve anything, but it is a suggestion to change 1 mod instead of trying to overhaul an entire system.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Nyxn607 said:

I would be ok with them scaling Corrosive projection with time.  By this I mean, if you are going in to a survival, corrosive projections goes from 30% to 35% after 20 minutes has passed.  35% to 40% after 40 minutes.  40% to 45% after 1 hour ... so on so forth.  Not sure if this would help solve anything, but it is a suggestion to change 1 mod instead of trying to overhaul an entire system.

That just makes Corrosive projection more mandatory than it already is, sadly that doesn't fix the problem just applies a band aid till the problem starts gushing out.

5 hours ago, Flames21891 said:

It's not an enemy nerf, it's a problem nerf. Armor scaling makes Corrosive/Slash weapons absolutely mandatory. The EHP high level armored enemies have is asinine because they have 99%+ damage mitigation, which laughs in the face of every single weapon in the game, no matter how powerful it is. Your only choice is to either proc Corrosive to strip away their armor, or proc Slash to bypass it entirely.

I'm fine with enemies receiving more raw HP per level as a means to prevent them from being trivialized, but the core problem here is that armor makes any weapon without a high status chance useless. It severely limits weapon variety.

That's one of my issues. When I find weapons I enjoy, if they can't use corrosive or slash procs efficiently, it's no use bringing it outside of starchart 5 mins missions. I just found it sad that to be effective in this game, we need slash procs all the time.

On 1/15/2018 at 6:47 PM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

I'll cut straight to the chase. Right now, higher level enemies have insane armor values that give them insane damage mitigation. What if, instead of having 99% damage reduction, armor caps at 60%-70% damage reduction? Regardless of level. HP will still increase normally, however.

Thoughts? :)

Adding new moves and improving on the enemy AI > all .