Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ArchWing missions should be made optional.

LupisV0lk

Currently archwing missions are generally considered some of the worse. Being that as it may missions that are purely archwing focused should be made optional with it leading to no other mission node it does not go towards unlocking a planet to be used for extractors.

2 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

Archwing is fine if you have your gear set-up and you know what you're doing.

Kinda like the rest of the game :awkward:

This, this omfg this.

People constantly wondering why their archwings are bad. 

Me: Did you level it? Level the mods ? Forma it once or twice?

Them: No...

Me: (face palm)

Archwing is kind of fun, the problem is that DE threw a few quests that need Archwing to do but unless you fully mod a archwing loadout doing the archwing missions can be tedious. To do Limbo's quest you need to farm some items from archwing mission which is easy if you actually have a decent archwing loadout but for casual players who barely touched archwing getting them to farm the resources needed is a super annoying.

3 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

Currently archwing missions are generally considered some of the worse. Being that as it may missions that are purely archwing focused should be made optional with it leading to no other mission node it does not go towards unlocking a planet to be used for extractors.

The only problem is you posted it on general discussion, not feedback. Although it is nothing wrong to post in here, but if you want something to be changed and want to say this to DE, then the feedback forum is the better place. In here only the players are listen to that, but what you need is to talk this to DE.

---------------------------------------------------

Anyway, as OP said, many missions requires archwing. It is true that most mission can be played by non-max ranked default loadouts, but archwing's control is very annoying. So, either archwing should be removed from the requirement for more missions, or more better, make archwing better by fix its weird controls and mission structures.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

I actually wish there was more archwing missions / events. I personally love it.

As for it not being forced... I mean, come on. Even just to open up all nodes, you can do it in under an hour or so of Archwing missions. In a game that has hundreds upon thousands of hours, a single hour is basically the equivalent of a single mosquito lol.

I used to hate archwing, but still managed to open all nodes with 0 extra work outside of just playing them. There's only 1 mission that you might need to be leveled for and it's the most popular one so it's easy to get carried through matchmaking.

There is only one problem i see there is not a lot archwing content so People dont play it that often and than you get under skilled and underleveld in a mission that needs skill what most people donte have cause they dont play it that often cause there is not a lot where you can use or need it and thinks like the plains make it worse yeah you can you your archwing to move fast but you cant level it or get skill for it cause you limited to experimentel movement what was a fail in the first place and im playing archwing very often cause i playing with the older movement that feels so mutch better but you still have to learn and train it

I wanted to get Limbo first, just to see how his utility is in solo play. Then I realized the quest starts out with archwing missions, so I was like "no thanks..." Don't wanna waste my Endo on archwing if I don't need to. Maybe there should be an option for quests in particular whether you want to play a certain objective in archwing or a regular tileset, I dunno. It's just really not my thing and I try to avoid it if I can.

the hardest thing on the limbo mission is to loot the fragments you need People can do one wave and repeat it that should be no problem on the begining of archwing i played missions of that type solo to grinde my archwing drops and with 1-2 people i never had a problem to reach wave 4 so one wave should be doable

Edited by Keiyadan

3 hours ago, Sader said:

This, this omfg this.

On the other hand, there's no easy XP farm locations for Archwing and assembling all the required mods to do well is an incredible pain. It took me months to get Rubedo-Lined Barrel to drop, and that's a cornerstone mod you need to do well.

Then you consider how much weaker all the Archwing mods are than comparable mods for the normal PVE game, and you start to see how much more quickly the power differential between us and the enemy is narrowed, especially when crowd control isn't as reliable or effective and you need to kill the enemy before they get you. With a control scheme that many find unhelpful on top of all that.

I think the mode has promise, but it needs more polish. Greater XP gains and access to vital mods just to start, with a tweaking of difficulty to follow.

5 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

Archwing is fine if you have your gear set-up and you know what you're doing.

Kinda like the rest of the game :awkward:

^This

3 hours ago, Sader said:

This, this omfg this.

^and This

54 minutes ago, Whooohooo said:

the prob with aw is... ppl only have a low lv gear because they don't bother to lvl it... and easily get rekt in lvl 30+ aw...

^^which is usually the case.  :smile:

6 minutes ago, WrathAscending said:

On the other hand, there's no easy XP farm locations for Archwing and assembling all the required mods to do well is an incredible pain. It took me months to get Rubedo-Lined Barrel to drop, and that's a cornerstone mod you need to do well.

Neptune Mobile Defense can max something out in a couple runs. No problem.

Not to mention, I got all archwing mods outside of the dual stats in less than a week.

No offense, but you're either exaggerating or they've made changes since you tried. It's not nearly that bad.

1 hour ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

No offense, but you're either exaggerating or they've made changes since you tried. It's not nearly that bad.

I believe this to probably be the case.  Previously I wouldn't have thought so.  That was until I once saw the profile of a high MR player that still had AW gear that was barely rank 10.  Seeing that clued me in to some things.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
spelling

1 hour ago, EighthGear said:

I wanted to get Limbo first, just to see how his utility is in solo play. Then I realized the quest starts out with archwing missions, so I was like "no thanks..." Don't wanna waste my Endo on archwing if I don't need to. Maybe there should be an option for quests in particular whether you want to play a certain objective in archwing or a regular tileset, I dunno. It's just really not my thing and I try to avoid it if I can.

If you still don't have Limbo and know someone who has done it they can trade you leftover proof fragments. I use them as placeholders in dummy trades instead of ammo case.

I always recommend levelling Archwing stuff first if you have an Affinity Booster active, trust me I know it can be boring but the sooner you finish with Archwing the easier it'll be in the long run as you won't be getting rekt on higher level Archwing content. if you haven't unlocked Salacia on Neptune, try to get someone else to bring you there. it might be wise to go with a friend anyway so that you have someone to talk to and the whole experience feels less tedious.

Archwing levelling is like eating your greens; nobody likes them but if you want to be big and strong you gotta eat up.

AW isn't popular -> few missions with little chance of future updates -> new players don't have much space to practice AW and lvling gear is harder then standing afk on a casual defense mission -> they don't have good dear for high lvl missions -> AW isn't popular.

At the moment even with bugged Corvettes (they now one-shot almost every aw but Amesha) Salacia is good for lvling AW and plenty of good mods drop there. But if you don't love AW you'll probably don't even try it, because with poor gear you're going to die often and that's the most disappointing part for most players.

I think AW is a fine diversion from the main gameplay.  The pain comes from not getting the mods as quickly as you would like, comparing to normal WF gameplay, your not gathering mods and resources through the AW gameplay.  Thanks to a weak vacuum and a frictionless environment mods can just sail off into space

Also I've got to say it, that pursuit mission on Jupiter is hella bad.  Tried it a few times and I just nope out every time.