Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ArchWing missions should be made optional.

LupisV0lk

I agree completely. They have the potential to be a very fun and rewarding part of the game but in their current state, they are stressful and frustrating to play. So until the time they can "fix" all of the issues player have with them, they should make them optional. I'm very excited and am looking forward to when they actually make Archwing fun in the future.

On 1/16/2018 at 6:25 PM, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

Neptune Mobile Defense can max something out in a couple runs. No problem.

Not to mention, I got all archwing mods outside of the dual stats in less than a week.

No offense, but you're either exaggerating or they've made changes since you tried. It's not nearly that bad.

Oh, this is *after* the many changes to improve XP gain rates and ease of spotting. Rubedo-Lined Barrel still has at best a 2.21% drop chance from the enemies with it in their inventory and can be rewarded from only one mission type. That's a mod you really need to get anywhere in the mode and others are just as hard to find; by comparison, even though Serration has worse drop chances there are many more missions that can deliver it as a reward so it's far easier to acquire in practice.

It is really that bad.

FWIW, I've taken every piece of Archwing equipment to maximum rank at least once and all the Archwings themselves have several Forma on them. My preferred weapons also have 3-5 Forma on them in that mode.

On 1/17/2018 at 12:41 AM, MortalMortom said:

Maybe just don't play it if you don't like it?!

This will directly stall your progress unless you're an older player who unlocked nodes before they were made Archwing missions, by preventing advancement on the star map via mission accessibility and through the Junctions. If you want to play through the star map, Archwing is mandatory.

Edited by WrathAscending

I would be ok with more missions if they fixed the controls for AW on console.  At the moment, they are way too jerky and inconsistent.  I will be turning left and it will take a full 1-3 seconds for the AW to make it to its final destination,  (it is not due to lag).  I have tried messing with the sensitivity settings, and it either becomes way to responsive or to slow to make any turn, in any mission.  So fix the controls or get rid of it is my opinion.

7 hours ago, WrathAscending said:

Rubedo-Lined Barrel still has at best a 2.21% drop chance from the enemies with it in their inventory

Yes, off of enemies that you kill literally a dozen or more of in a single mission, effectively making the drop rate like 30% or more in the missions with those enemies. 2.21% is a ridiculously high drop rate for this game. Even before I started focusing on building my AW stuff, I had more of them than I knew what to do with.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

Yes, off of enemies that you kill literally a dozen or more of in a single mission, effectively making the drop rate like 30% or more in the missions with those enemies. 2.21% is a ridiculously high drop rate for this game. Even before I started focusing on building my AW stuff, I had more of them than I knew what to do with.

Lucky you. It took me and most people I know several months or a trip to the Trade channel to get one.

When mods as vital as that are as difficult to find as most of the playing base experiences with at least one and usually more of the suite of Archwing mods, it puts a substantial crimp in their enjoyment of and engagement with the mode. I've been around since it was introduced and while it's gotten steadily better over time it's never become what I would call great. I mean, the most obvious example here is the Imperator Vandal- few people completed the original operation to the level required to get the weapon, leading to a major bubble in prices when it came back because it's needed for mastery.

7 hours ago, RogueVoxel said:

Honestly the problem is that there is not enough content for AW to justify making a viable AW 

They should make it more avalible in missions like in PoE.

Its very fun to kill enemies from above, and it doesnt interfere with the playings who are in the ground.

Get out of the ship and continue the exterminate mission by killing those outside while the rest is inside killing gorund troops.

Some brainstorming is needed.

And if we are at it make defense optional and non required for anything because I feel they are the most boring mission...... oh wait

vor 7 Stunden schrieb RogueVoxel:

Honestly the problem is that there is not enough content for AW to justify making a viable AW 

I am saying this for years now but DE has no more interest in AW. YOu can see this clearly in devstreams when the AW is mentioned, which is a shame.

Edited by Kuestenjung