MetallixBlue
Johnnyd3ad

Mirage Prime Access Winner: originalusername117

Fan Art Recap

image__9_.png

See you next week!

Quick comment on Equinox and the augment:

Mend & Maim change:

Neither Maim's slash procs, nor damage done to enemies in range charges Maim's 'battery', only kills.
(Edit: Damage done to enemies in range charges up Peaceful Provocation. Might've been thinking of that.)
That said, the change to Mend (finally!) is a nice improvement in concept. Not sure how helpful it'll be in practice, though, due to enemy scaling, the handful of effects that strip or ignore shields, and their combination incentivising use of Vitality or Quick Thinking over Redirection.

For Mend, it'll be a nice addition (in level-apporopriate content, anyway): upkeep maintains shields, pop to heal HP damage as needed.

Now for the augment:

M&M has a long cast animation.

Currently, Maim's slash procs are basically useless past level ~30-35.
I'm not sure how useful increasing its innate damage (even by 200%) is going to be to any mid-or-better geared player, in mid-or-greater level content... which you're probably going to be, by the time you get Equinox.
I might be guesstimating wrong, but I don't see this as being a worthwhile pick over just using Natural Talent.

As to Mend, there I see some value, in a very narrow relative-level range. (Too low, and damage isn't high enough to require the boost. Too high, and the boost won't change much.)
But Equinox'll still stay split between day and night.

Yes, you're encouraging recasting in the same form, but even ignoring potentially different modding preferences for each form, you're still penalized for switching between forms (forced to recast 3, loss of all stacks of 4), which was kinda Equinox's concept selling point, I thought.

And in case the tone feels angry or something: Don't get me wrong, since her introduction Equinox is probably my most-used frame.
I'd just like to see her be better to play than she currently is.

The change to M&M is a good first step.
Just hoping there'll be followup (before her PA. Which is probably the single PA I'm most looking forward to since Loki, and- on the bright side- is no longer quite that far away, at this point).

Please please, look into the stream audio.

There is a high pitched whine that's quite painful to listen to, I always have to set my mixers high-range to lowest to be able to listen.

(It might be a ground issue)

Thank you!

Hey all who watched (and perhaps even read this thread)... we have an update here on the Augments we showed! We're actually going back to the drawing board on the Equinox Mend / Maim augment. After more testing, we simply didn't like how it was working and we're trying out an entirely new design. You can expect the Nidus, TItania, and Harrow Augments to release soon on PC, but Equinox's will come later.

Just now, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hey all who watched (and perhaps even read this thread)... we have an update here on the Augments we showed! We're actually going back to the drawing board on the Equinox Mend / Maim augment. After more testing, we simply didn't like how it was working and we're trying out an entirely new design. You can expect the Nidus, TItania, and Harrow Augments to release soon on PC, but Equinox's will come later.

Awesome to hear Rebb^^

Any news on Plains of Venus and Umbra?

2 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We're actually going back to the drawing board on the Equinox Mend / Maim augment -snip-  Equinox's will come later.

Just to check it:

I assume that announced Mend changes are still coming as planned (not being pushed back along with the augment), right?

Don't know whether I like this or not. 

Question though: does this mean her changes to Mend (and hopefully others)  will too be delayed, or we can still expect them with the rest of the augments? 

The augment in my opinion was pretty nice. The augment I do have a problem with is Titania's Augment for Razorwing. I was hoping that it'd give more incentive to use the Diwata for the Dex Pixia, changing up the usual playstyle for her like the other augments seem to do.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

The augment in my opinion was pretty nice.

Tbh, it would probably just be an extra buff to Maim cheese - which already has a WoF syndrome. 

I do like the fact they are going back to the drawing board. 

@[DE]Rebecca have you considered the possibility for them to leave a "bubble" in the area where decasted, that in day form would deal the stored damage to any enemy that enters, and in Night heal any ally? 

Just out of the top of my head. 

Archived