Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Watching Prime Time #193!

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, tnccs215 said:

Tbh, it would probably just be an extra buff to Maim cheese - which already has a WoF syndrome. 

That depends on whether it snapshotted or decayed.
I assume it'd decay (since Metamorphosis does), and it wouldn't be much of an incentive to recast if it stuck around at full strength for the duration.
So I don't think it'd increase Maim's WoF-itis.

And vs the utility of just activating Maim, diving in to kill a coupla fools and popping Maim... *shrug*

I like the augment in concept, I just don't see it working in varying-level content in practice.
Static numbers don't work- either they're too high and overkill everything anyway, or they're too low to matter.

There's a fine line where enemy levels and player levels are appropriate to each other, but A) gl finding that for any given loadout - even in finite missions, and B) broadly speaking, enemies scale up in endless missions every 3-5 minutes, which puts an absolute limit on how long this happy state of events will last.

Il y a 4 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

Hey all who watched (and perhaps even read this thread)... we have an update here on the Augments we showed! We're actually going back to the drawing board on the Equinox Mend / Maim augment. After more testing, we simply didn't like how it was working and we're trying out an entirely new design. You can expect the Nidus, TItania, and Harrow Augments to release soon on PC, but Equinox's will come later.

They really should reconsider the nidus augment.

If I remember correctly it was something like "recasting 4 make the maggots explode", if it's true, you can be sure nobody will ever use it.

You lose many stack just to cast the ability, it's not worth it.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hey all who watched (and perhaps even read this thread)... we have an update here on the Augments we showed! We're actually going back to the drawing board on the Equinox Mend / Maim augment. After more testing, we simply didn't like how it was working and we're trying out an entirely new design. You can expect the Nidus, TItania, and Harrow Augments to release soon on PC, but Equinox's will come later.

Thanks for testing and reconsidering.

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

They really should reconsider the nidus augment.

If I remember correctly it was something like "recasting 4 make the maggots explode", if it's true, you can be sure nobody will ever use it.

You lose many stack just to cast the ability, it's not worth it.

You're remembering wrong, it's Larva, Nidus' number 2 ability. Doesn't cost stacks to fire, sucks everything in and then recast to detonate with a viral blast. I'll definitely be using it on at least one build.

il y a 20 minutes, Mechalith a dit :

You're remembering wrong, it's Larva, Nidus' number 2 ability. Doesn't cost stacks to fire, sucks everything in and then recast to detonate with a viral blast. I'll definitely be using it on at least one build.

Thanks for the clarification, I forgot "larva" is the name of his 2 and not 4.

I can see how that could be useful, won't be part of my build though.

Il y a 8 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

You can expect the Nidus, TItania, and Harrow Augments to release soon on PC

There is something I don't understand though.

This is the incoming titania augment right ?

Fq5CZjp.png

Why do they (and by "they" I mean the devs) reffuse to fix the blatant issues with her abilities and yet they release an augment to encourage using them ?

I mean, they probably know that most players use her only for her dex pixia and nothing else, not even her melee.

There are so many issues with her abilities, people will probably end up spamming random abilities anywhere just to get the fire rate buff.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

A suggestion from @Evanescent, but... For the Nidus augment could the damage scale with the number of stacks?

I am still of the strong opinion that augments should not be mods and should more drastically change how the powers function (Like they were originally discussed to be, alterations not enhancements), rather than just adding something to the power.

4 hours ago, Trichouette said:

There is something I don't understand though.

This is the incoming titania augment right ?

Fq5CZjp.png

Why do they (and by "they" I mean the devs) reffuse to fix the blatant issues with her abilities and yet they release an augment to encourage using them ?

I mean, they probably know that most players use her only for her dex pixia and nothing else, not even her melee.

There are so many issues with her abilities, people will probably end up spamming random abilities anywhere just to get the fire rate buff.

Should have been, in my opinion, a large efficiency boost to her other powers with a cut to fire rate. Separately, they should bring the blade up to a usefulness that matches the guns (and maybe give her a bonus on melee kills, damage resistance maybe?)

Edit: or maybe a blade kill respawns a destroyed razor-thing with stats based on the killed enemy!

On 1/23/2018 at 9:50 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

What About blessing and molecular prime. Older powers not gettin no luvs meks me sadboi. 

16 hours ago, Tarak said:

I am still of the strong opinion that augments should not be mods and should more drastically change how the powers function (Like they were originally discussed to be, alterations not enhancements), rather than just adding something to the power.

I personally would like augment slots that are optional and not needed to use the augments that cost plat and double for each additional in cost. 20 40 80 160 

an augment equinox could have is a bleed through augment that when you gain stored healing it will give you and your team in range consent healing when it is needed and use the stored damage to boost the slash procs from maim so it will always kill an enemy with bleed if you had enough stored damage

On 24/01/2018 at 2:20 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

an augment equinox could have is a bleed through augment that when you gain stored healing it will give you and your team in range consent healing when it is needed and use the stored damage to boost the slash procs from maim so it will always kill an enemy with bleed if you had enough stored damage

Archived