The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghoul Purge Returns

ChillyWilly

3 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

If I find time this weekend...maybe. That is if it isn't a bug. I honestly have never seen an event return that quickly, so I think it's a bug as you all have said.

DE stated they're recurring. Never once was it said to be an event.

From the 22.8 patch notes:

4 New Bounties: Ghoul Purge!

Ghoul threats have arrived! These recurring bounties feature the Ghoul monstrosities. Help defend Cetus and destroy the Ghouls.... but their destruction may not be permanent! Expect the Ghouls to re-emerge regularly.

Edited by ZenBlade01

15 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

DE stated they're recurring. Never once was it said to be an event.

Yes, thanks. Folks on the first page have said as much. Trouble was, I hadn't watched the streams (read the dev posts or patch notes) in forever and assumed, mate. 

Gun, lore that shouldn't be RNG, mods, my remaining Gara parts (yes?), and time to kill on the Plains (since I've barely put in 2-3 hours there, if that). Should be fun until it's not.

Edited by Rhekemi

Whether it's a bug or not, I think this is fine. We already made our feedback clear on how we felt about lore being locked behind RNG. As it stands, I'll not be playing this at all and I think a lot of the community falls into the same bucket. I see this as a cool opportunity for people who didn't get the drops last time to have another shot, especially with the weapon rework.

At worst, this is just opening the sore wound of RNG gated lore.

2 hours ago, WilliamHartono12 said:

As Title Says, The Ghoul Purge Returns. But why it returns so quickly? why does no one expecting it?

Do people seriously want to do Ghoul Purge again? o.o

(I don't. cause the Codex Stuff give me nightmares)

It's just a filler event most likely , DE has more important work to do right now and maybe this time I might farm the lore tablets or whatever they were called :D

Yay - more asinine cold procs to needlessly punish players that prefer melee combat.

Also, yay - RNG-based lore with low drop chances is back.

Sorry, what's my motivation to run these bounties again?

*has all the enemies scanned, has both weapons, has all the mods, has no wish to run 50+ missions for lore completion*

None?

Well, count me out.

On 1/20/2018 at 9:49 AM, IlNonnoSupremo said:

11 bounties completed and still 0 lore fragment very nice RNG

At least you got to play. I didn't even get to run any missions this time.

Wound up farming, leveling, and trying to make certain weapons more endgame viable in the hopes I'd be able to use them on Ghouls. Never happened. Not enough time, but I did enjoy playing Fissures/farming/trading.