The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Didn't Want That Vauban Anyway

Trylobyte

There is no greater demonstration of how unreliable the Alert system is than Vauban.  I have had the Vauban Helmet and Vauban Chassis blueprints for the last month now (Vauban alerts used to be common) and got the Warframe blueprint as a daily login reward, and have only needed the Systems blueprint to build the frame.  The problem is, this blueprint only comes up about once a week, for one hour each time, and I've yet to see one in that month-long episode.  In this time, I've farmed, built, and leveled three other Warframes (one being the problematic Banshee), gained four mastery ranks, built a dojo, conducted all the dojo research, beat several T3 Defense missions (Level 134 Heavy Gunners FTW), etc, etc.  I've more or less beaten the game.  And I still have yet to even see a Vauban Systems alert.  What I do see, though, is more and more things being added into the Alert system diluting the pool even further and making Vauban alerts even less likely.

I shouldn't have to be bound to a Twitter feed and be available 24 hours a day in order to have a once-a-week chance at getting the last blueprint I need for this frame.  Either offer it more or make a different way to get the blueprints.  I know it's your best-selling Frame, but that's simply because it's both useful and nearly impossible to get the normal way.  Throw us a bone here.

another whining user! keep coming guys, DE surely will listen!

ok, serious answer. it's random. deal with it. i miss 2 Vanguard helmet so i know what you feel. but whining here doesn't bring any good to anyone. can you just have fun with the game and not complain to just a small part of the game that not even game-breaking?

If nobody complains, how will the developers know people think it's a problem?  They are many things, but psychic is not one of them.  And sure it's random, a lot of things are, but this is the only type of random that can't be mitigated at all through player actions.  Resource drops are random but they can be mitigated with Master Thief and Thief's Wit modules.  Blueprint drops are random but they can be mitigated by rushing the boss repeatedly.  The more times you do it the more chances you have to get it, after all.  Alerts do not work on this system.  There is nothing anyone can do but wait for that one chance per week, which is getting less and less common as more and more stuff gets funneled into the alert system.

If nobody complains, how will the developers know people think it's a problem?  They are many things, but psychic is not one of them.  And sure it's random, a lot of things are, but this is the only type of random that can't be mitigated at all through player actions.  Resource drops are random but they can be mitigated with Master Thief and Thief's Wit modules.  Blueprint drops are random but they can be mitigated by rushing the boss repeatedly.  The more times you do it the more chances you have to get it, after all.  Alerts do not work on this system.  There is nothing anyone can do but wait for that one chance per week, which is getting less and less common as more and more stuff gets funneled into the alert system.

yeah... Sure... Because you're the only one who complain... The hundred people who post this kind of thread before are just writing on their own diary...

another whining user! keep coming guys, DE surely will listen!

ok, serious answer. it's random. deal with it. i miss 2 Vanguard helmet so i know what you feel. but whining here doesn't bring any good to anyone. can you just have fun with the game and not complain to just a small part of the game that not even game-breaking?

"GUISE STOP POSTING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON FEEDBACK FORUMS!!! U MIGHT HURT THEIR FEELINGS! :(" That's what you sound like

@Trylobyte :Deal with it !!

It took me 2 months for my vauban and im not crying like a little child.

Just wait until you get your chance or just buy that god damn Warframe if you´ve got zero patience.

(And my patience is beginning to wear thin because of  posts like this!)

Edited by RamothElggur

"GUISE STOP POSTING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON FEEDBACK FORUMS!!! U MIGHT HURT THEIR FEELINGS! :(" That's what you sound like

that's exactly what i intend to do. Cant we just share the love and stop focusing on negative thing? They already know what OP want, because hundred people whine before him. Yet they dont change that because it was intended. There's no point to discuss this further and repeatedly. Just accept that you cant have everything and this is just a game.

Woooow, everyone bashing on this one guy cause he is unlucky with the RNG. Seriously guys, not everyone is glued to their PC and can hop on that one hour the alert is up. I mean seriously "It took me 2 months to get vauban and I aint crying" is not a reason, the OP isn't you, that's like saying "I got shot in the leg too, you don't see me crying about the pain."

Back to the OP, instead of just dropping a complaint and saying "F*** this", drop a complaint and say "Here is my idea on how to fix it."

Back to the OP, instead of just dropping a complaint and saying "F*** this", drop a complaint and say "Here is my idea on how to fix it."

agree with this. You cant call your post a feedback with just "i dont care anymore" kind of thing. It just pure whining and make you look like a spoiled kid.

that's exactly what i intend to do. Cant we just share the love and stop focusing on negative thing? They already know what OP want, because hundred people whine before him. Yet they dont change that because it was intended. There's no point to discuss this further and repeatedly. Just accept that you cant have everything and this is just a game.

I have vauban and pretty much everything I need so I'm lucky. And you have to be pretty ignorant to think all negative feedback is bad. Criticism is a good thing and should be encouraged, but nooo people like you would rather praise half assed "fixes" and never point out bad things because someone might get their feelings hurt. It's people like you who will probably end up killing this game

I have vauban and pretty much everything I need so I'm lucky. And you have to be pretty ignorant to think all negative feedback is bad. Criticism is a good thing and should be encouraged, but nooo people like you would rather praise half assed "fixes" and never point out bad things because someone might get their feelings hurt. It's people like you who will probably end up killing this game

i will point out bad thing if it is a bad thing, not because i still cant get that one thing like OP did.

You know, I am really really really really getting tired of the "deal with it" people.

THIS IS A FEEDBACK FORUM..

Don't freaking like it?

THEN DON'T FREAKING POST HERE. DON'T FREAKING READ THE POSTS.

Now get the hell out.

Edited by Xylia

You know, I am really really really really getting tired of the "deal with it" people.

Don't freaking like it?

Now get the hell out.

^ This.

This is a feedback forum. Your posts in a thread in this section should be one of constructive feedback. As opposed to this, the posts in this thread I have seen so far are.... Simply posts which dismiss the OP as a spoilt kid who whines. Please. At least give a reason, propose ways to solve the problem. Stop running around posting in order to discriminate and insult people.

Now calm down Xylia and have a cookie :D

Back to the topic. I have seen a post which said something about Vauban "parts". This is some standardized component and you will need an X number of parts to build Vauban. I agree with this. This may help to appease players and make Vauban more accessible as a Warframe, and missing an alert for one part is not as penalising.

Oh and excuse my colored text.(Unrelated)

Edited by X3Evanescence

Don't freaking like it?

Now get the hell out.

well, i'm sorry for that. maybe if this kind of topic isn't the thousand times it posted, people will react differently. and it will be really help and people will take it more seriously if the topic started by constructive feedback (with some suggestion and stuff like that) and not just pure whining over an in-game item.

^ This.

This is a feedback forum.

Correct, this is a feedback forum... for Warframes (not the game, the item). This thread is another topic complaining about the Alert system. None of which are feedback or related to Warframes themselves, just whining about not having it.

On topic, it took me over a month to get the third item needed to build my Vauban. It will not be a short journey as a lot of people missed the first of the third Vauban piece after it was released and had to wait a considerable period for it to drop again. Not every frame is easily obtainable, nor grindable from some specific place; it will definitely be a matter of chance.

i  can think of one way to fix this, add a selectable reward system. we can see that vauban parts come out quite often only problem is the 1 part that eludes people. This is how the system will work, the rewards stated will just be vauban part and at the end of the mission the player can select 1 of the 3 parts needed. This way those with existing parts dont get pissed they took their time off their schedule to find it and those who say they cant find that 1 part can finally get it, win win!!! 

i will point out bad thing if it is a bad thing, not because i still cant get that one thing like OP did.

And you seriously don't think there's a problem when we get like 3 dark sword alerts in 2 days? or 2 physique alerts in the same day? They seriously should implement an alert system that repeats the alert at 12 hour interval. For example we get vauban systems alert at 5 pm whatever american time zone is used as standard and then we get another one 12 hours later. Will it mean some people use it to get multiple good things? yes. Does it mean people will miss good alerts due to silly things like sleep or work like now? Less likely