The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Can't click anything after launcher

Smarm

Hello,

Ever since a few hours ago I'm unable to sign in to Warframe. The launcher opens fine and checks for downloads and allows me to click 'Play'. After this, though, the screen flickers black a few times and resizes my open windows, seemingly not launching the game. If I check the taskbar I find that it has indeed opened but seemingly automatically minimized itself. When I maximize it the game is in windowed mode and shows the normal login screen with sound and everything. The cursor does not change to the typical Warframe cursor though, and everything is unresponsive to clicks or any typing. I can move the window around and close it without issue, but I can't interract with anything in the window. I did some searching and found that this might be a resolution issue but I'm confused as to why this would happen after years of playing. I'm also unsure how to resolve this without being able to enter the game.

EDIT: the issue seems to be resolved after running the launcher as administrator. 

Edited by Smarm
Adding resolution

Just wanted to keep this up here.  I'm also having this issue.  I've not yet tried booting it as administrator.

In my case, my game is set to launch in windowed mode.  After the launcher, the login screen comes up as normal, except it isn't quite in full screen.  The dimensioning is correct, but the spacing is slightly off.  I cannot click anything within the window, and my cursor stays as the default cursor for my PC.  Further, no combination of typical keyboard commands for navigating menus seems to work within the login window.  That's not to say that it is crashing, as other Windows and NVidia commands still work perfectly fine, such as moving the window or pulling up the capture software.  Correcting the window to full screen does nothing except for make everything look nice.

9 hours ago, Malater said:

Just wanted to keep this up here.  I'm also having this issue.  I've not yet tried booting it as administrator.

In my case, my game is set to launch in windowed mode.  After the launcher, the login screen comes up as normal, except it isn't quite in full screen.  The dimensioning is correct, but the spacing is slightly off.  I cannot click anything within the window, and my cursor stays as the default cursor for my PC.  Further, no combination of typical keyboard commands for navigating menus seems to work within the login window.  That's not to say that it is crashing, as other Windows and NVidia commands still work perfectly fine, such as moving the window or pulling up the capture software.  Correcting the window to full screen does nothing except for make everything look nice.

Your situation is a mirror of mine. I tried typing yesterday while playing and it wouldn't work. I logged out and tried to log back in to see if that could fix it but instead now I am unable to log back in. 

Somebody halp. 

Same issue as the OP. I tried running the launcher as admin, and I think redownloaded everything? It took about an hour. That version then launched fine, but it didn't have tennogen items so I'm pretty sure it was the non steam version. Launching through steam again after that had the same issue.

Don't know if that helps anyone, but it seems like the issue might be related to steam then somehow?

Edit: It seems to be fixed now? I didn't change anything else, so no idea why.

Edited by Pharo212

Right, so, did some tinkering and I've found that when this problem comes up you can circumvent it. So far I am assuming that this is a problem with the Steam client launcher as that is the only one I have had trouble with.

What you need to do to be able to play Warframe again:

1. Navigate to your library in Steam.

2. Right click on Warframe in the side menu and select Properties.

3. Move to the right most tab that says "Local Files"

4. click on the top most button "Browse Local Files"

This brings up an explorer window with the folder that contains all of your Warframe files.

5. Open the "Tools" folder.

6. Right clock on the "Launcher" file and do the set up to make it always run as administrator.

6. Launch the launcher. From the right mouse click menu you can also create a shortcut that you can then place on your desktop.

Please note, this does not fix launching through Steam. Steam at the very least will not be tracking your hours played. You won't gain any progress on achievements or have access to any other Steam related stuff. You will also have to install any and all patches that would have been installed after the initial Steam installation.

Sorry about the double post but I wanted to make sure that anyone that was watching the thread would get a notification for this partial fix.

Alright, some further information from my end:

This bug is iffy and unpredictable; for three logins in a row, the game worked perfectly fine without any changes to startup. However, as soon as I tried to log in a fourth time, the bug returned.

EDIT: I play in Borderless Window mode, which may or may not contribute to the bug.

Edited by The_Hunter_of_Utopia
Possible lead on bug.

Just encountered this bug for the first time. Everything looks and works fine up until my warframe appears on the login screen, then it becomes completely unresponsive.

Update: So it looks like this bug will sort itself out on its own after a few days. After 3 days of lockup, I'm finally able to login again. So if you can stand the wait, just let it solve itself out. If you can't, try a workaround.

Edited by HeartofDragons
Potential solution

Yeah, as with previous posts I'm having issues with the window and so-forth.

I play in windowed and everything seems fine and dandy for a moment as the game is loading, and then my normal computer mouse appears. After that I can't click anything or type. I've tried verifying and all that business, but like everyone else there's no change...

I've ran into this issue in mission. Swapping AWAY from a tool (fishing spear, or mining gun) locks out all input for me. I can't move, click or anything. Closing the game and then re-launching it leave me with the same problems as above. Can't click, can't type, and the cursor does not change back to the normal Warframe cursor.

I'm having the same issue.

Even in windowed mode, the game window doesn't recognize that it should have the focus.

Interestingly, I can't access steam overlay in-game either. Alt-F4 doesn't work, but alt tab and my recording software's buttons work.

Upon launching the game and trying to drag the mouse (eg holding the mouse 1 key down) game goes windowed for just a split second and comes back.

I removed my controller, turned off steam overlay, MSI overlay and my graphics card overlay (radeon, maybe that's the culprit) and now it's even weirder - I have double mouse cursors now on screen, windows one that correlates to my input, and the game one that... doesn't. It seems like the ingame cursor is responding as a controller's stick, I can only hit the edges of the screen.

Gonna test after a restart and a driver update.

Testing after the restart, things seem to be working okay, HOWEVER upon first launching the game, after clicking the password area, game tabbed completely out to windows. There's still some weird things going on.

Edited by Kordy

Aight, I think I mighta found the fix, or at least A fix. Its related to discord and from what I can tell some lingering background process. Basically, go into your background processes with discord closed by task manager by just ending the whole thing while its open. Then, scroll down. If you see a lingering white version of the discord icon that's labeled, well, "Discord", close that and try to log in. Fixed it for me, not sure about yall.

• 3 weeks later...