Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oni the Gluttonous (ogre themed warframe) UPDATED ABILITIES AND LORE, ART INCLUDED

(XBOX)AxRollxOfxTape

2 hours ago, (PS4)warhero229 said:

Definitely a unique and interesting concept. I like it. I'm not going to sit here and crunch numbers to check if the values are balanced, but the abilities themselves all sound good. Only thing is, when dealing with infested, he will be at a significant disadvantage since he seems to rely primarily on being shot at to fuel most of his abilities and passive.

Perhaps consumption should also deal gas damage to enemies within its radius? This wouldn't do much to most enemies, but would do quite well against infested, helping to keep up a solid "eating" rate to replace the loss of bullets to absorb. Speaking of the radius, it's a bit unclear. It says 3 meter vertical radius, but I think you meant horizontal? I think this could be reworded as "a 45° cone extending 3 meters from Oni." 

The armor bonus to allies from Regurgitate would probably be better as a flat amount rather than a percentage. A percentage is fantastic for frames that already have high armor. But for frames who have, say, 75 armor and lower, a percentage doesn't really help them. If it were like a flat +100 armor and was affected by power strength mods, it would be more useful for everyone.

His third ability sounds like just a reskin of Rhino's Stomp. I feel like this could be improved or changed, though off the top of my head I don't have any recommendations.

Also, the term Void Stomach isn't really working for me. Void Maw sounds cooler imo, and makes a bit more sense in reference to the artwork.

I think his base stats may need adjusting. Since he gains such significant buffs from his passive and abilities, having the base stats too high could prove to be a bit overpowered. Difficult to tell without being able to playtest him though lol.

Someone else mentioned that they weren't sure the name fits his abilities. I don't know anything about oni mythology, so can't comment on that, but a possible alternate name would be Wendigo. I had done some digging on wendigo mythology and tried to make a frame based on hunger/feeding/etc much like yours but scrapped it before ever posting. You've got a solid concept here though and the name would fit his hunger theme. However, it wouldn't match the concept art that you already have, and it would mean ditching the exalted mace bit of his abilities. So might be too much of a change from your own intent for this frame.

Final thing: do you happen to know if the artist who did your concept art is available to do more?

Thanks for the input. First thing, the artist had a real difficult time doing my design as they had never done anything like it before but feel free to ask them about it as I can't speak for them. 

The frame is based around more of an ogre than an oni but they name just seemed to work and roll of the tongue a little bit better. 

The first ability is more of a worm hole and that's why I put vertical as the description due to it semi-functioning as a shield of sorts. I thought of adding damage to the first ability to effect anyone standing within melee range. This would help with infested and help get enemies within the 15% health range for consumption.

I due see your point about the percentage bonus though and I'll have to do some checking with that to see if I can work anything out.

As for the third, I was thinking about adding an additional buff to amount of void stomach stacks they add while affected by the ability. This would help synergize his abilities a little bit more and help separate it from rhino's stomp.

I think I'll keep it as a void stomach though just because I personally like how it sounds. It's a combination of both just plain simplicity and uniqueness.

The base stats have already had a few tweaks but maybe more is needed.

Thank you for your input though and I'll have to do some more checking on the current state and update the post soon.

just noticed. Maybe add some more stacks to his passive? i maybe not get it, so he sit on "full power!" only for 1.5 seconds while not actively engaged in combat? (from 100 to 99 seconds and he lose his 10th stack so -down from 150% armor to 135% and from 200% health to 180%)?

And his 1 - would he be able to "execute" bosses or not? (maybe special rule for them being killed at 5%?)

p.s. maybe just an idea. Give a way to change appearance of his "exalted weapon"? Excalibur, Valkyr and Wukong lack of that so for them too, but anyway. 

p.s.s. For his 4 stance moves i CAN suggest you to look at Shugoki character from For Honor game. Yes they not fast enough for Warframe, but... they can serve as IDEAS. 

Edited by Zorish

6 hours ago, Zorish said:

just noticed. Maybe add some more stacks to his passive? i maybe not get it, so he sit on "full power!" only for 1.5 seconds while not actively engaged in combat? (from 100 to 99 seconds and he lose his 10th stack so -down from 150% armor to 135% and from 200% health to 180%)?

And his 1 - would he be able to "execute" bosses or not? (maybe special rule for them being killed at 5%?)

p.s. maybe just an idea. Give a way to change appearance of his "exalted weapon"? Excalibur, Valkyr and Wukong lack of that so for them too, but anyway. 

p.s.s. For his 4 stance moves i CAN suggest you to look at Shugoki character from For Honor game. Yes they not fast enough for Warframe, but... they can serve as IDEAS. 

I see what you mean with the max buff only lasting for a second, I'll work on fixing that. 

Bosses are not applicable at all due to the fact they are a boss. 

Exalted weapons shouldn't have skins (I think that's what you mean) unless tied to a deluxe skin just due to the fact they are supposed to be special weapons that are "all powerful."

Stances should be left to DE just because they're hard to communicate on a forum and there's no way to demonstrate them with out a video. 

Thank you for the input.

Edited by (XB1)AxRollxOfxTape

2 hours ago, (XB1)AxRollxOfxTape said:

Exalted weapons shouldn't have skins (I think that's what you mean) unless tied to a deluxe skin just due to the fact they are supposed to be special weapons that are "all powerful."

Well who knows. i would love to have few different styles of exalted weapon (visualy) myself. Of course for some platinum. Nah of course tied to deluxe/prime/umbra skins too, but few options would be cool. it's just opinion.

Stances should be left to DE just because they're hard to communicate on a forum and there's no way to demonstrate them with out a video. 

it's up to you and was just an idea if you want to design moveset too.

On 2018-07-14 at 2:29 PM, Zorish said:

Well who knows. i would love to have few different styles of exalted weapon (visualy) myself. Of course for some platinum. Nah of course tied to deluxe/prime/umbra skins too, but few options would be cool. it's just opinion.

it's up to you and was just an idea if you want to design moveset too.

I just think it best to leave those details up to DE, I trust them to make the right choices. That's my opinion at least.

1 hour ago, (XB1)AxRollxOfxTape said:

I just think it best to leave those details up to DE, I trust them to make the right choices. That's my opinion at least.

no objections clearly. Juts would be cool for some more ways to customize frames. 

15 hours ago, (XB1)AxRollxOfxTape said:

@Zorish I've made the passive have a delayed decay on max stacks. This should be a more clear description now.

Health has also been lowered from 450 to 350.

maybe a little strange way (in my opinion) to do this, but why not. Maybe we can call this effect "well fed" (muhah). n1 man. 

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

For some unknown reason, I visionize that when the Tenno that equipped this Warframe has a birthday, Ogre will swallow the cake whole and the smoke from the candles start pouring out from the general area of his ears.

Uh thanks? Do you have any other input? I'm still very much looking for ideas and criticism to help me improve my concept.

• 1 month later...