Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hammers and Nails (IC)

InfiniumV

2 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

"You are so fluffy!" Takar said, rubbing the Kubrow, then kneeling down and hugging it. "And so very well behaved."

It looks like a Sahasa Kubrow, and a very well bred one at that. She must take very good care of him. He isn't showing any signs of genetic degradation, and he has been well-trained as well. He even seems to have a well-groomed coat. She must really care for him. I wonder what their story is?

As she stood back up, she turned to the Kubrow's Corpus master, extended her hand, and asked, "What's his name? And what is your name, if you don't mind me asking. I'm Takar Lathra."

The Corpus hesitated for a second, but took her hand, taking a deep breath as she did so.

"... Well met, Tenno. Forte Luxe of Intelligent Civillian Defenses - Your life-saving and crisis management force." she introduced herself in reply. Her lip curled back when the name of her outfit and what it once was rolled off her tongue. It had been her self-introduction for half her life, but she knew not how much longer she could continue using it.

Forte held her handshake no longer than necessary, quickly relinquishing her grip to gesture to her canine companion. "This mutt here is Grendel, and I'm his handler."

In response to his name, Grendel happily wagged his tail and began trotting in circles around the two, pausing now and then to stretch his hind legs. It was then Forte realized that she had put off taking him for a walk for the past three weeks while she had been moping, and guilt started setting in. Turning away, she lifted a chin(or more accurately, the angular base of her helmet) to the platform where a pair of rather tall Warframes stood, apparently in conversation.

"Are those comrades of yours?"

11 hours ago, Arunafeltz said:
Spoiler

The Corpus hesitated for a second, but took her hand, taking a deep breath as she did so.

"... Well met, Tenno. Forte Luxe of Intelligent Civillian Defenses - Your life-saving and crisis management force." she introduced herself in reply. Her lip curled back when the name of her outfit and what it once was rolled off her tongue. It had been her self-introduction for half her life, but she knew not how much longer she could continue using it.

Forte held her handshake no longer than necessary, quickly relinquishing her grip to gesture to her canine companion. "This mutt here is Grendel, and I'm his handler."

In response to his name, Grendel happily wagged his tail and began trotting in circles around the two, pausing now and then to stretch his hind legs. It was then Forte realized that she had put off taking him for a walk for the past three weeks while she had been moping, and guilt started setting in. Turning away, she lifted a chin(or more accurately, the angular base of her helmet) to the platform where a pair of rather tall Warframes stood, apparently in conversation.

"Are those comrades of yours?"

Takar turned to see where Forte was looking.

"No, I've never met them before. I was headed over to introduce myself, but your Kubrow had other plans. The Inaros seems overly nervous. I hope everything is fine. Last thing we need is a fight before the mission even starts."

I wonder why that Inaros looks so.....paranoid. I mean, sure, the Rhino is a bit intimidating, but she isn't active aggressive in any way. I should probably get over there.

"Well, it's been nice to meet you and Grendel, but I think I should get over there before anything happens. See you at the mission briefing."

• 2 weeks later...

No ones business - All

He was certainly expecting a reply, just that he didn't quite expect so many operatives to come 'a ringing.
No matter, the more the merrier he thought to himself. Bansenn only

Bansenn Hystruc leaned back into his chair - He'd been monitoring the situation in the hanger from afar, and as far as progress was concerned it was still green. Well, as green as you could get when you're planning to put the most murderous beings in the galaxy on a payroll.

Regardless, some Tenno had indeed opted to take notice of his call - Five tenno-based craft were registered with the software courtesy of the Doorbell, and considering that the red alert wasn't firing was evidence enough that they were interested in the job.
Additionally, numerous free-agents had somehow decrypted the message, but Bansenn was savvy enough to know that a Syndicate usually had some capability of decryption - Most likely it was the Veil or the Meridian that would have forwarded this elsewhere

In all honesty, his natural senses were screaming at him to run, hide, cower in the muck from this assortment of slaughter-engines, but his ancestors didn't and neither would he. After all, the company would never have even existed if the first exec was as meek as the workers that he would have been stationed with.

Turning his attention back to the screens in front of him, he tapped a simplified teal torus - A little mark left by York as an easy means of getting in contact with the damaged Cephalon.

"York? I imagine our guests will want some answers soon - Would you kindly inhabit one of the Isolators? I imagine you'll want a worthwhile vessel if your interaction with our guests goes...sourly." Concluding with a quick intake of air, Bansenn braced himself for the deafening Cephalon.

"MASTER HYSTRUC, I HAVE ALLREADY SEEN TO ACQUISITION OF A VESSEL. I AM EN-ROUTE TO THE HANGER AS WE SPEAK."

"Good, good - I'll notify the crewmen ahead of your arrival, just make sure that you are able to lock down any hostile activity without provoking it."

Bansenn had to remember that the Cephalon's ability to modulate its voice was essentially missing entirely, leaving its voice as mechanical as its preferred vessels, and a total inability to change its inflection or tone.
Unfortunately, the sheer complexity of a Cephalon made them impossible to properly repair on their own - And the only one who could repair such damage often decided to keep said Cephalon as well. Regardless of the Cephalons wishes themselves.

"ACKNOWLEDGED - MY ETA IS WITHIN 5 MINUTES, PROVIDED I MAINTAIN A WALKING PACE. MAKE THAT THIRTY SECONDS IF THINGS GO AS SOURLY AS YOU PREDICT."

"Thank you, York - You are dismissed for the time being." Closing the communications tab, Bansenn turned back to the camera-feeds and tapped into the general voice-channel for the hangar bay - It was fairly secure, but as of now it was idling - Business might be concluding soon, but that still meant that there were things that were yet to be wrapped up.

"All personnel of primary hangar bay, please be advised..."

Best Foot Forward - Aegia, Takar, Forte

"Hopefully this ID will make the crewmen less skittish around me, eh? I rarely get the chance to simply talk with someone!"

"Hmm." Was the intitial reply from the Inaros - With a quizzical tilt of his head the Warframe held its gaze for a moment, before placing the Quartakk on its back holster, its stance becoming less rigid - Before it shimmered with a deep orange and the Puppet-Master emerged from within.

Hemlock himself was of average size, with a messy crop of dark blonde hair and with fair facial complexion - His somatic scarring was very substantial, a pale necrotic green growth of tissue that sprouted from his eye sockets to the rest of his face - His expression, however, was a tired, worn out scowl - His eyes had been hidden behind a steel-colored Occular sensor, likely filling the role of a heads up display, linked to his Veneth earpieces.
His attire was colored after the warframe - Pale blue primary, with undertones of grey and black, with orange lighting - Adorned in the Zauba armor, save for the Varida hood that remained unsealed.

As he walked towards the She-Rhino, one'd be able to recognize the stance emblematic to his school - The reserved posture of Unairu, yet he walked hunched over, with his eyes on the ground, at least until he was close enough to return the gesture, quickly turning his head up to see eye-to-eye with the Rhino Prime.

Regardless of the difference in size, with Aegia being two-to-three heads taller than Hemlock was, he returned the handshake - His grip was weak as to be expected, but firm enough to give away the fact that he had woken from the dream some time ago now.
"Well, I imagine you'll get along just fine with the folks here, given enough time, that is." Hemlock began, returning his hand to his side,
"After all, you don't quite seem like the type that'd shoot this place up if ya' felt like it."

The teen eased his posture, his previously alert state dying down after the confirmation that at least one of the Tenno here was a definite friendly, as far as the crewmen of Hystruc were concerned. If Takar wished to speak to him, she certainly wouldn't have to wait as Hemlock would quickly put his index & middle fingers to one of his earpieces - If Aegia listened hard enough she'd likely be able to hear an wizened voice - Likely their would-be employer was relaying orders - Not just to Hemlock, but likely all crewmen present at this section of the facility.

"Well, Rhino, If you're wonderin' where to go from here, I'd say to take a hike o'er there -" Hemlock would point to the left of the anterior doorways at the rear of the Hangar. "Our little guide will be coming along shortly, so just hang around there - Word of advice, Put yer 'elmet on - The retainer can be a tad...loud. Now if you don't mind, I'll have to see to some of our...guests. Good day."

And with that the Zariman Child turned and began to walk towards the other Zariman, who was speaking with a certain dark blue Crewman about her Kubrow, But not before stopping by the Inaros to relinquish the small packet of ID chips from it. As he approached the three, he cleared his throat in order to gain there attention.

"Pardon my interruption, but are you two all sorted? Chatting is all fine & good but I imagine that you're starting to raise a few eyebrows, So you might just need some of these" And with that, Hemlock offered the small data-chit to his fellow Zariman, before casting his gaze to the Kubrow.
"You'll 'prolly need one for the dog too."

Smoke, Sky and Steel - Magnus, Lysandra, Damien

It didn't take long for the merchant spacemen to take notice of the respective bounty hunters, but none of the nearby tech's were available.
However, someone else was for the matter - Colored in a deep jade was a Comba who had simply answered "Yes" when asked exactly what kind of Comba-type he was. Needless to say, he looked far bulkier in terms of combat gear - Save for the fact that if someone had a good enough eye, he or she would be able to tell he was no less thin than other Comba personnel the bounty hunters might have fought in the past.

Needless to say, he must have been fairly important, as no sooner had he begun 'Skating' for lack of a better word, towards the rust-colored bounty hunter had the numerous crewmen around them began exchanging worried glances - After all, unbeknownst to the bounty hunters, this happened to be Feyerit, the son of the Executive - Needless to say, many of the workers were quietly keeping an eye on him.

Feyerit however, barely seemed to register it, and if he did his laid back stance didn't show it. As he approached the mercenary, he tilted back so as to bring the strange energy skates to a quick halt, before giving Magnus Cinderburn a quick once-over.
"Ohohoh, A cyborg are we? You must be quite well off to afford those cybernetic arms of yours. Pray tell, are they of Corpus or Grineer manufacture? Ah, well, come along, You can tell me as we walk, no?"
Quickly passing him one of the small ID chips, he began moving towards one of the newcomers to the facility - stopping briefly to beckon Magnus to follow him.
"Apologies for the fast-talk, but the hanger is becoming quite busy," the Omni-Comba stated rather hurriedly, before looking about the hanger for any stragglers that had yet to be addressed - Catching a Harrow and a Zephyr in his gaze, he gingerly began making his way towards them, before waving his arm to get their attention

"Greetings, friends - I assume you two are here for the bounty?"

Misfits and Renegades - Lucas, J'kotal, Bane

"Well, this place is probably the closest thing to a home for my rotting arse, per-se, but the people here are pretty welcoming for Corpus, Lucas."

Taking his flamethrower off his shoulders and setting it barrel-first on the ground, he turned to look about the bustling hangar, taking note of the incoming traffic, of mercenaries and bounty hunters from all the different walks of life.
With craft of all shapes and sizes coming into the port,
"...Damn. I knew Bansenn was gunna get at least some bites with that little doorbell, but I don't imagine he was expecting somthin' of this magnitude."

He remained silent for a moment, casting his gaze across to some of the newcomers - As he had said before, it was very unlikely - if at all - that there would be any hostilities. Most people as far as J'kotal knew, just wanted the spare cred or ten to make the day-to-day affair a little less miserable. But on another matter, he felt like he was forgetting something...

"Oh! Ah, damn." He would have planted his face in his palm, but the Jar-Helmet of Nox-Class armor reduced it to an awkward visor-slap.
"Lucas, forgot ta' hand you the ID chip, don't want the folks here shootin' you up on a perceived sligh-"
The sound of a certain four-limbed species of keratin-armored canine growling at something indeterminate drew J'kotal's attention immediately - It meant that one of his fellow clones had picked up the call to arms.

"Now apologies for a moment, We've a guest that's wondering about."  And with that, J'kotal turned to face the strangely hatted mercenary, advancing a few steps before performing a small wave and a nod to acknowledge his presence, before clearing his throat a bit.

Good grief, how long was it since I last spoke Grintok? Hope I ain't rusty.

"(Greetings, Tube-Kin, I trust that your arrival was without any complications?)" J'kotal began in the harsh grineer tongue - To Bane, J'kotal would be speaking clearly, but a little off, as if he hadn't spoke in Grintok for some time. Regardless, his tone was amicable as was to be expected of the Faux-Nox.. As for said Faux-Nox, he was also aware that he was leaving an associate hanging, one among many that he owed a beer or a dozen.

1 hour ago, InfiniumV said:

"Pardon my interruption, but are you two all sorted? Chatting is all fine & good but I imagine that you're starting to raise a few eyebrows, So you might just need some of these" And with that, Hemlock offered the small data-chit to his fellow Zariman, before casting his gaze to the Kubrow.
"You'll 'prolly need one for the dog too."

"Thank you." Takar said as she accepted the ID card, clipping it to her jumpsuit. "I assume we are all headed over towards those doors the Rhino is headed towards?"

She turned to Forte. "I'll see you there. It was nice to meet you and your Kubrow."

And with that, Takar started off towards the doors, hoping to catch up to the Rhino as she walked away - which might not be easy, considering how long her stride was compared to Takar's. And while Takar could have easily cleared the distance with a single Void Jump, she felt it would be a rude and unnecessarily aggressive move to make in her current surroundings.

So, she would have to try to walk quickly.

Here's to hoping I still have any breath left after catching up to her. If I even can catch up to her.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-

On 11 February 2018 at 7:14 AM, InfiniumV said:

"Well, this place is probably the closest thing to a home for my rotting arse, per-se, but the people here are pretty welcoming for Corpus, Lucas."

Taking his flamethrower off his shoulders and setting it barrel-first on the ground, he turned to look about the bustling hangar, taking note of the incoming traffic, of mercenaries and bounty hunters from all the different walks of life.
"...Damn. I knew Bansenn was gunna get at least some bites with that little doorbell, but I don't imagine he was expecting somthin' of this magnitude."

He remained silent for a moment, casting his gaze across to some of the newcomers - As he had said before, it was very unlikely - if at all - that there would be any hostilities. Most people as far as J'kotal knew, just wanted the spare cred or ten to make the day-to-day affair a little less miserable. But on another matter, he felt like he was forgetting something...

"Oh! Ah, damn." He would have planted his face in his palm, but the Jar-Helmet of Nox-Class armor reduced it to an awkward visor-slap.
"Lucas, forgot ta' hand you the ID chip, don't want the folks here shootin' you up on a perceived sligh-"
The sound of a certain four-limbed species of keratin-armored canine growling at something indeterminate drew J'kotal's attention immediately - It meant that one of his fellow clones had picked up the call to arms.

"Now apologies for a moment, We've a guest that's wondering about."  And with that, J'kotal turned to face the strangely hatted mercenary, advancing a few steps before performing a small wave and a nod to acknowledge his presence, before clearing his throat a bit.

"(Greetings, Tube-Kin, I trust that your arrival was without any complications?)" J'kotal began in the harsh grineer tongue - To Bane, J'kotal would be speaking clearly, but a little off, as if he hadn't spoke in Grintok for some time. Regardless, his tone was amicable as was to be expected of the Faux-Nox.. As for said Faux-Nox, he was also aware that he was leaving an associate hanging, one among many that he owed a beer or a dozen.

Bane turned to the person speaking to him in the Grineer language - something which surprised him. There were other Grineer here? Venus was a Corpus-controlled Planet, and Grineer rarely came here as it is. It had to be a defector; someone with the same defection gene as Bane. Because after the Gradivus Dilemma, Corpus and Grineer relations became much worse - especially due to the actions of Alad V. Barely any of the Grineer tolerated the Corpus anyway - Vay Hek had proclaimed his distaste for them many times.

Marrok began to growl, but Bane put his hand up in a 'stop' motion to the silver drahk. A sign that the Faux-Nox was most likely an ally. Marrok stayed silent, as Bane prepared to speak. «Yes, it was. May I ask why a Grineer such as yourself is here? You do not appear to be a mercenary like me - you were already here prior to the arrival of the many mercenary and Tenno ships who have answered the call. One rarely does see a Grineer in Corpus-controlled territory since Alad V and Sargas Ruk's Gradivus Dilemma, much less a Grineer with authority among said Corpus.» Bane responded to J'Kotal, speaking in pure Grintok.

Edited by Agent_Maine

5 hours ago, InfiniumV said:

Spoiler

It didn't take long for the merchant spacemen to take notice of the respective bounty hunters, but none of the nearby tech's were available.
However, someone else was for the matter - Colored in a deep jade was a Comba who had simply answered "Yes" when asked exactly what kind of Comba-type he was. Needless to say, he looked far bulkier in terms of combat gear - Save for the fact that if someone had a good enough eye, he or she would be able to tell he was no less thin than other Comba personnel the bounty hunters might have fought in the past.

Needless to say, he must have been fairly important, as no sooner had he begun 'Skating' for lack of a better word, towards the rust-colored bounty hunter had the numerous crewmen around them began exchanging worried glances - After all, unbeknownst to the bounty hunters, this happened to be Feyerit, the son of the Executive - Needless to say, many of the workers were quietly keeping an eye on him.

Feyerit however, barely seemed to register it, and if he did his laid back stance didn't show it. As he approached the mercenary, he tilted back so as to bring the strange energy skates to a quick halt, before giving Magnus Cinderburn a quick once-over.
"Ohohoh, A cyborg are we? You must be quite well off to afford those cybernetic arms of yours. Pray tell, are they of Corpus or Grineer manufacture? Ah, well, come along, You can tell me as we walk, no?"
Quickly passing him one of the small ID chips, he began moving towards one of the newcomers to the facility - stopping briefly to beckon Magnus to follow him.
"Apologies for the fast-talk, but the hanger is becoming quite busy," the Omni-Comba stated rather hurriedly, before looking about the hanger for any stragglers that had yet to be addressed - Catching a Harrow and a Zephyr in his gaze, he gingerly began making his way towards them, before waving his arm to get their attention

Lyse visibly perked up at the attention she was now receiving. Always felt nice being noticed to her. She didn't bother asking the Comba what his role was - she didn't plan on getting on his bad side anyway. Especially with how cute and businesslike his introduction was at the same time.

"You would be correct, my good man! I take it you're here to lead us to the boss?" She said cheerfully, straightening herself up and trying not to look unprofessional, yet friendly enough to be approached. Not that it was hard not to look professional in a full Warframe. As for looking friendly, well, that was much harder when the galactic view of your job and anyone wearing the armour-slash-remote controlled warform can be summarized incorrectly-yet-not-inaccurately as 'industrial-sized blender'. 

On 2/11/2018 at 4:14 AM, InfiniumV said:

"You'll 'prolly need one for the dog too..

Forte accepted the data-chits with absentminded thanks as she watched Takar leave, taking a few seconds to realize that the second piece was meant for her Kubrow and then clumsily loading it into his collar reader. Now that the first Tenno had left to speak with another, she turned her attention to the one that had helpfully approached her, remembering too late her dog's behaviour around Tenno strangers.

"No, Grende- stay you stupid mutt-"

The moment she took her hands away from his collar, he had sprung to his feet and bounced up to the Tenno, sniffing hungrily at his legs as though Void residue was some sort of dognip. He wriggled happily out of the arms she tried to wrap behind his front legs and circled his new object of interest with his leash being dragged on the floor behind him, much to his own enjoyment, others' mild amusement and his master's complete embarrassment.

Edited by Arunafeltz

On 2/10/2018 at 2:14 PM, InfiniumV said:

Magnus was deep in thought when the Comba's voice pierced his thoughts. He could barely keep up with what the tech was saying.

"Did you catch any of that?" He asked the Cephalon as they followed the beckoning Corpus.

"I think he asked the origin of your implants" 

"Oh. These things?" He began speaking up at the Comba. "These are custom forged to my specs from a guy I know on Lua." 

As they walked, Magnus thumbed over the small card in his hand. He tossed the small item around in his hands a couple of times. 

"As for the bounty, that is indeed what I'm here for." 

Magnus made sure to note the layout as he followed the Corpus in front of him like a lost puppy. He wasn't exactly too trusting of this place, so knowing quick escape routes helped put him at ease somewhat. 

It was 08:01 AM Earth Time when he got the call.

Zan was practising his shooting when he got it. 

"Karen! What is it?" He called to his cephalon.

"Zan, it's a message from an anonymous person. I wouldn't open it if I were...

"Open it. I want to see what it is."

Karen sighed. "Its a call to arms. It has a program on it, but I think we have to reach certain coordinates for it. Don't go Zan. You promised you wouldn't."

Zan knew what Karen was going to say before she did. She was talking about herHe couldn't bear her loss, and had destroyed almost an entire fleet of Grineer to avenge her. 

Zan replied "It won't happen. Trust me, it's just someone needing help with something, what's the worst that could happen?" and then Zan muted Karen before she could say anything else, knowing he would resent what he would say if she talked more about her

He quickly checked the coordinates, and where they were on his navigation panel. Venus... that frozen place. He never liked Venus, although the view was always a nice reminder there was beauty in the universe. He quickly zoomed in more onto the targeted place, and it was going to be one hell of a time trying to get through a certain part of the route. 

He equipped his Volt Prime, his Lex Prime for emergencies and his Helios, just to fit with the Corpus setting. 

Zan headed in his Liset to the set coordinates, set autopilot on, and waited until his arrival by lying down in his Personal Quarters, anxiously. Zan wasn't used to resting, he found it boring, so he checked again where it was, and checked if his Volt Prime was ready, his Lex Prime loaded, and his Helios’s weapon unequipped. When he came back to the Navigation panel, he saw that they were already there, and he could see from the liset a mass of Tenno, Corpus and... Grineer? Why were there Grineer at Venus? What were they doing? He also saw someone that looked out of time, a Symbiote She-Rhino. Zan only thought she was the only Symbiote Tenno there was, and Zan made a mental note to ask the Symbiote. 

Zan quickly remembered about Karen, and unmuted her, only to be taken aback from her shouts. Zan quickly apologised and went out of the Liset, knowing she was still angry at him and would be when he returned.

One of the many Corpus came to him and gave him a little ID card, and Zan asked “What about my Helios? Doesn’t he get one?” But the Corpus ignored him, and left. Zan was offended, but remembered that his Helios was made by the Corpus anyways; it wouldn’t need one. Zan saw that some Tenno, and Grineer, were walking towards an exit, and quickly ran in his Volt Prime to get there, not using his speed knowing that would be disrespectful.

Edited by EndermanBeast

On 11/02/2018 at 7:52 AM, Agent_Maine said:
On 11/02/2018 at 6:14 AM, InfiniumV said:

Bane turned to the person speaking to him in the Grineer language - something which surprised him. There were other Grineer here? Venus was a Corpus-controlled Planet, and Grineer rarely came here as it is. It had to be a defector; someone with the same defection gene as Bane. Because after the Gradivus Dilemma, Corpus and Grineer relations became much worse - especially due to the actions of Alad V. Barely any of the Grineer tolerated the Corpus anyway - Vay Hek had proclaimed his distaste for them many times.

Marrok began to growl, but Bane put his hand up in a 'stop' motion to the silver drahk. A sign that the Faux-Nox was most likely an ally. Marrok stayed silent, as Bane prepared to speak. «Yes, it was. May I ask why a Grineer such as yourself is here? You do not appear to be a mercenary like me - you were already here prior to the arrival of the many mercenary and Tenno ships who have answered the call. One rarely does see a Grineer in Corpus-controlled territory since Alad V and Sargas Ruk's Gradivus Dilemma, much less a Grineer with authority among said Corpus.» Bane responded to J'Kotal, speaking in pure Grintok.

Lucas, for the most part, didn't know a lick of grintok outside of what his translator could decipher - which was in the middle of a conveniently scheduled software update.

One that took four hours.

"good god, why me"

So, in the interest of avoiding an incident, he left J'kotal do the talking...

"I'll leave you to you introductions, mate - gotta see if these crewmen have stuffed anything up yet..."
With that, he turned back to the vessel, and started his post-landing walk around.

Looking around the landing area, he noticed that a few more ships had touched down. Most of them tenno craft hanging from the docking fingers on the upper levels. Gazing up he could make out that a few had begun to mingle, and he even recognised a few ships and frames from the Fortuna.

"yeeeah, that was a fun mission...."

Snapping out of his stupor, he continued inspecting his vessel. going over everything from the engines to atmospheric sensors to electrical systems. Each checked out fine. Satisfied that the craft would not fall to bits the next time he wanted to take off, he decided to leave the ground crew to do their work - choosing to head towards a nearby crate to rest his legs and inspect his gear.

Damien was psyching himself up to perform Transference into the facility, and failing miserably.

"Just a quick manifestation, greet them, and get out." the agoraphobic Tenno tried to convince themselves, to no avail.

"Damn it!" Damian cried out from within his somatic link, hitting the wall of the chamber. As he massaged his bruised hand, Achilles commented, "Perhaps next time Master Damien." The sound of the Cephalon's voice soothed Damien and he relaxed within his perch. "Yes Achilles, next time. For sure."

Both the Cephalon and the Tenno had had this conversation before many times, and neither expected anything to change.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Damien's earlier outburst did not reflect at all upon his Warframe avatar. Resuming control once again, he looked around with the lethargy of a patient hunter for a group to associate himself with. He considered joining the Rhino symbiote and the Inaros in their conversation, but deemed it rude to do so. All at once, he saw the heavily armored comba gliding towards on him on their trademark hover skates. He resisted his first instincts and simply stood waiting for the seeming leader to speak first.

On 2/10/2018 at 12:14 PM, InfiniumV said:

"That indeed would be the purpose of us coming here, yes." responded the Harrow warframe, ferrying the voice of its operator through inbuilt speakers. "Your men have no need to worry, this facility hasn't been red-listed by any of my associates...for now." The jovial tone of Damien's voice implied he was joking about the threat at the end. Hopefully.

Edited by Cryptix123

A silvery vessel popped out of the punch and drifted towards Venus slowly. Within it, a masked Red Veil operative sat casually in the pilot seat, his hands resting on the back of the chair.

"Venus... what a peculiar place," he rasped through his hood, his voice becoming coarse and scarred thanks to the voice changer built into its rebreathing apparatus. "One of the few planets the Orokin's terraforming projects were left unfinished. And yet people willingly decide to live on this hellscape."
He watched from orbit massive icy glaciers being formed by the ancient, half working Weeping Towers as they slowly grew to massive sizes before smashing into the landscape. Above and around them, Corpus transport craft flew to and from the planet's surface, proof that some industrial project was at work.

This confirmed majority of the reports the Operative had read through pre-deployment. The Veil had been tracking a strange combination of ships travelling to this sector of the system as of late. Hopefully he could gleam some information as to why and what for.

He opened up a broad frequency transmission as he got nearer to the planet's surface; "This is Red Veil vessel designation Fervant Knife, do you copy? Requesting an LZ," he rasped as clearly as possible. He quickly glanced at his mission report. "Looking for contact with 'Hystruc' company."

"Listen, Tycho, I'll be fine without your help for now. I've done missions like this before." Arnast was speaking over his comms, sounding impatient. "You go do your thing for a while. I can handle this."

Severing his connection, the Operator got to work prepping himself for the mission ahead. Warframe, check. Vectis, check. Kunai pouch, check. Daggers, check. Ammunition, check. Everything did indeed seem in order, and the Xiphos began a rather sharp descent to the surface of this planet. Letting the autopilot do the piloting for him, Arnast composed a short message.

"Tenno ship Vigilance requesting permission to land. Awaiting coordinates." Short, consist message. Perfect. Running a final check on his weapons, Arnast skimmed the briefing again, just making sure he was completely ready for this. Being ill-prepared lead to death, and death was definitely not a good thing. Warframe systems nominal, sniper fully functional, knives sharpened. Assuming he was careful, Arnast would make it through this with ease.

56 minutes ago, Agent_Maine said:

(Hi Wilco, I don't believe you've posted in the OOC for Hammers and Nails. To post in this IC, you first have to get your character cleared by InfiniumV. Just post your character in the OOC thread and wait for his response, and when that's done, you can post here. Here's the OOC thread:

)

(Oh. Sorry. Didn't realise that there was an OOC thread. Sorry for the misunderstanding... >x< Super embarrassed rn... Sorry...)

"Allright Tabby, lets check out this!"

-meow

The ship then entered void cloak mode at moderate speed, aiming for its target, Venus. While patiently waiting the arrival to the planet, Sam proceeded to do a quick checkup on his weapons, making sure they are all functional and giving them a special anti-freeze coat to the triggers.

Even though his ogris had to use some heat for the mechanism to fire, he'd rather be safe than sorry. With all the weapons now ready, he holstered them in their respective positions, and the ammo for the heavy weapons on a sling that would be in front of his Inaros. Finally, he gave Taby his favourite cat food, a little pet on the back of his head, and went into operator mode.

"Allright, armour in check, Amp in check, well, I'm good to go"

The small shake that his Xiphos did meant that they had just entered Venus' atmosphere, and getting near to the interesting transmission around 3km to the mountain range.

It has been some time since he'd been in Venus, preferring the more warm landscape of Cetus, but the cold was no bother to him. Leaving his personal cuarters, he got up to the main area of the ship(with Tabby coming up as well) and got ready to say his identification.

"Ship Kur-o-zeen ID GU-50-723, requesting permission to enter"

On 2/10/2018 at 2:14 PM, InfiniumV said:

"Hmm." Was the intitial reply from the Inaros - With a quizzical tilt of his head the Warframe held its gaze for a moment, before placing the Quartakk on its back holster, its stance becoming less rigid - Before it shimmered with a deep orange and the Puppet-Master emerged from within.

Hemlock himself was of average size, with a messy crop of dark blonde hair and with fair facial complexion - His somatic scarring was very substantial, a pale necrotic green growth of tissue that sprouted from his eye sockets to the rest of his face - His expression, however, was a tired, worn out scowl - His eyes had been hidden behind a steel-colored Occular sensor, likely filling the role of a heads up display, linked to his Veneth earpieces.
His attire was colored after the warframe - Pale blue primary, with undertones of grey and black, with orange lighting - Adorned in the Zauba armor, save for the Varida hood that remained unsealed.

As he walked towards the She-Rhino, one'd be able to recognize the stance emblematic to his school - The reserved posture of Unairu, yet he walked hunched over, with his eyes on the ground, at least until he was close enough to return the gesture, quickly turning his head up to see eye-to-eye with the Rhino Prime.

Regardless of the difference in size, with Aegia being two-to-three heads taller than Hemlock was, he returned the handshake - His grip was weak as to be expected, but firm enough to give away the fact that he had woken from the dream some time ago now.
"Well, I imagine you'll get along just fine with the folks here, given enough time, that is." Hemlock began, returning his hand to his side,
"After all, you don't quite seem like the type that'd shoot this place up if ya' felt like it."

The teen eased his posture, his previously alert state dying down after the confirmation that at least one of the Tenno here was a definite friendly, as far as the crewmen of Hystruc were concerned. If Takar wished to speak to him, she certainly wouldn't have to wait as Hemlock would quickly put his index & middle fingers to one of his earpieces - If Aegia listened hard enough she'd likely be able to hear an wizened voice - Likely their would-be employer was relaying orders - Not just to Hemlock, but likely all crewmen present at this section of the facility.

"Well, Rhino, If you're wonderin' where to go from here, I'd say to take a hike o'er there -" Hemlock would point to the left of the anterior doorways at the rear of the Hangar. "Our little guide will be coming along shortly, so just hang around there - Word of advice, Put yer 'elmet on - The retainer can be a tad...loud. Now if you don't mind, I'll have to see to some of our...guests. Good day."

Aegia made sure that her grip wasn't too tight as to not inadvertently crush the Zariman child's limb. While she knew they weren't as fragile as they looked, she didn't want to hurt someone that didn't deserve it. She saw the darkened circles beneath his eyes and knew. It was the kind of tired that sleep couldn't fix.

"Perish the thought, friend. I would never turn on my allies, I am a woman of my word."

She gives a curt nod to Hemlock before coiling up her braid and donning her helmet, the automatic seal hissing shut and dampening all sound before it became clear and crisp again. As the HUD appeared her feed was updated with multiple IFFs from the individuals who had already accepted their IDs. Aegia began her leisurely walk into the base proper, though not before noting another familiar sound. Much like she had heard before, she recognized the sound of footsteps. These were much more frantic, but were reserved, as if the owner of these footsteps were making sure to keep some semblance of decorum and not sprint.

A power-walk.

Aegia turns her head and looks over her shoulder at the approaching individual. It was another of the Zariman children. Aegia instinctively slowed her pace now that someone was trying to speak with her. The She-Rhino gives a little wave with her free hand and stops outright, placing said hand upon her hip as she waits for the Tenno.

"Greetings!" The woman nearly yells across the hangar (when it was clearly unneeded). "Need something, friend?"

7 hours ago, Aegia- said:

Aegia made sure that her grip wasn't too tight as to not inadvertently crush the Zariman child's limb. While she knew they weren't as fragile as they looked, she didn't want to hurt someone that didn't deserve it. She saw the darkened circles beneath his eyes and knew. It was the kind of tired that sleep couldn't fix.

"Perish the thought, friend. I would never turn on my allies, I am a woman of my word."

She gives a curt nod to Hemlock before coiling up her braid and donning her helmet, the automatic seal hissing shut and dampening all sound before it became clear and crisp again. As the HUD appeared her feed was updated with multiple IFFs from the individuals who had already accepted their IDs. Aegia began her leisurely walk into the base proper, though not before noting another familiar sound. Much like she had heard before, she recognized the sound of footsteps. These were much more frantic, but were reserved, as if the owner of these footsteps were making sure to keep some semblance of decorum and not sprint.

A power-walk.

Aegia turns her head and looks over her shoulder at the approaching individual. It was another of the Zariman children. Aegia instinctively slowed her pace now that someone was trying to speak with her. The She-Rhino gives a little wave with her free hand and stops outright, placing said hand upon her hip as she waits for the Tenno.

"Greetings!" The woman nearly yells across the hangar (when it was clearly unneeded). "Need something, friend?"

As Takar walked towards the Symbiote, she could hear more ships landing behind her, as well as others cutting through the atmosphere on their way in.

Good grief, has every bounty hunter in the system come to this meeting? I thought this was supposed to be a small, quiet affair.

Then, the Symbiote turned around, waved, and practically yelled at her.

Takar was taken back a bit by this. She could tell by her walk that the she-Rhino was boisterous, but she hadn't been expecting her to be that loud.

None-the-less, Takar continued forward until she was within arms reach, extended her hand, and replied;

"Hello, I'm Takar Lathra. May I ask your name?"

A pristine silver and blue ship entered Venus's atmosphere. Its sole occupant reclined on a throne-like seat in the helm, clad in full body plate armour of original design. He was a steel meridian operative who bore a massive build of finely-tuned muscle.

"Yeah, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with this program. It should be harmless," a voice spoke through transmission, "Just make sure you keep XerOS enabled and you'll be fine."

The operative leaned forward with a grin spreading across his chiseled face. "That is, Disruptis, if this lucky clover you gave me doesn't already have a snake hiding underneath it," he mused.

"Oh please, I can't imagine what kind of divine judgement I would receive for betraying such a man as yourself, but I know it would easily smite a Tenno like me."

A hollow chuckle resounded from the operative's helmet. "Very well then. Thank you again my brohda, I'll let you get back to holding off the gates of hell."

"I mean, I COULD USE SOME HEL--" the operative terminated the transmission and strode over to the ship's controls; the vessel now cruising above the icy depths of a Venusian sea. He punched in the approach vector supplied and executed the doorbell program. "Now, what could be the problem?" he muttered to himself.

Edited by Disruptis

PART 1
System Checks and Sorting Cheques - York, Auger

Despite his damage, York remained in a mostly operable state - Able to handle the majority of the facilities paperwork was...tedious, but he was rewarded with more freedoms than the majority of Cephalons elsewhere.
The Pseudo-Machine gazed over the daily payroll for the workers, and had been processing the supply & demand for the salvage the company processed and the rates they offered. It wasn't his job to handle the actual ordering, just to find ideal buyers for Bansenn to review.

But these were ancillary processes.

Right now, the majority of his capabilities were focused on the multitude of sensor arrays and cameras. When you broadcast an invitation, on a frequency that was tenno oriented no less, one should be wary of less than amicable visitors.
York considered themselves fortunate. The visitors that they had in-so-far were ones with reputable history, amicable personality or some combination of the two - At least from initial observation - But one never could be too careful especially in this day and age.

Fortunately, he wasn't the only Cephalon here either. One perk of having a moody space tween stick around is that his caretaker is also nearby, and generation two cephalons were quite high functioning in comparison.

To that end, he brought up communications - The digital avatar of Auger, Two rectangular cuboids with their ends held parallel by an orange pixelated mass greeted him in the digital domain of ones, zeroes and phantom heroes.

"Cephalon York." Auger began calmly, "I imagine you'd like an update on our...visitors." He continued, readying a report he had gathered with his ample access to the shadownet the Tenno would operate from.

"THAT IS CORRECT. THE EXECUTIVE IS AWAITING OUR GUESTS. AT THE VERY LEAST THEY REMAIN AMICABLE AS THEY WAIT."
Despite their best efforts, Yorks inability to control his considerably loud voice had been met with varying degrees of failure. Cephalons were not mere artificial intelligences, but minds that were formerly flesh in nature - Not only was their coding erratic, but their very nature could change with so much with something so little as swapping a 0 to a 1.

Despite the intricacies of machine minds, there were more pressing matters to deal with.
"Good. And a quick word, York?

The Teal-Toroid looked eye-to-metaphorical-eye with Auger.
 "SPEAK."

"Notify the company to be on their best behavior. The Veil has decided to stick their noses into Hystruc's affairs. I'll handle him, but you all better be wary of him. You know what they are capable of, and just how willing they are to do it."

With a curt nod of his avatar, Auger dissipated - leaving York to his lonesome.

The Veil. Of all the people who were getting involved, it had to be them. Known across the system as the twisted sword to the Meridians shield, the Veil were widely regarded among many as some of the most frightening terrorists ever seen - If the Veil deemed you corrupt, your days were numbered no matter how hard you tried to fend them off.
And judging by the stream of data Auger was feeding back to him, this was no young-blooded operative following their creed.

York only hoped that they could work something out between the parties.
And that no-one started shooting each other in terror. That'd be nice, too.

Bad dog, SIT! - Forte & Grendel, Hemlock

"Au-AGH!"
Even though Hemlock spent the majority of his time outside of his warframe, there was little a Zariman child like himself could have done to stop the hulking mass of engineered muscle, teeth and dribble that seemed so insistent on sniffing the soul out of him.
Unfortunately for Grendel, Hemlock wasn't too fond of personal space invaders of the vaguely canine-kind, so when Grendal went in for 'sniffles' he just barged the young Zariman right over, hitting the deck with a fairly loud clang per his armor, and judging how Hemlock's attempts to keep the intrusive canine away from his face were proving quite futile.

"GET YOUR DAMN MUTT OFF OF ME!" Hemlock angrily screamed at the unfortunate owner, with his face contorted into an exasperated scowl, as he finally managed to get some leverage on the bulky creature and push it back a bit.
It may also help that in said state of exasperation, his iron colored Pencha-type Amp had clicked into position and was currently incandescent with Void energy - More than enough to fire up the warning bells within Grendel's head as the sentient-bone device crackled with a red-orange light.

Staggering into a standing position, Forte would be able to catch a glimpse of the eyes formerly hiding behind the Occulus headpieces - two plain blue eyes were glaring holes into them, before the vaguely horseshoe-shaped device was pushed back into position, massaging the back of his head with right hand after it's prompt introduction to the steel flooring of the hanger.
Following that, he brushed himself off as best he could, but dog-dribble is a sticky substance and he only worsened his situation.

"Guh" Was the only noise that escaped his lips has he made one final, futile effort to get the gunk off of him, before casting an almost accusing glance at Forte & Grendel, before shaking his head in resignation and with a flash of that same red-orange light, recalled the skeletal Inaros.
Now in a form that loomed over the duo, he made a small huff and walked over to the prone Forte,  and offered his hand to help her up - Provided she had not done so already.

A moments silence passed, something Hemlock alluded to terror or stupefaction before he smote the thoughts from his mind, in doing so clearing his throat and began to speak, the voice still somewhat young but with a minor hiss to it - A minor flaw when utilizing a warframe as a communication platform.

"My...apologies for my earlier outburst. I, ah, That was no way to treat another who has come to assist us lot. I am Hemlock, and you two are...?"
His tone was indeed sincere, but there was a bit of a minor stilt to it - As if it was almost forced, like a mechanical response.

A Redirection in Red - Holden, Auger

For the last 15 minutes, Holden had been listening to a minor CEO of a small construction company - said CEO was a scrawny little man who was tottering in between shooting holes in his undergarments and making audacious claims about the Hystruc company.
It was rather obvious he had some sort of grudge too, as the 'claims' consisted of many big words such as corruption, despoilage, and heavens forbid, Layoffs! That and he kept slathering his claims

If it wasn't for the fact that he was ever-so-slightly shivering in his seat when facing someone who was despised as one of the clearest visages of death in the system, save for the Tenno themselves, then he might have had something worth listening to.

But no, he'd been stuck here, listening to some skinny old codger babble on for 15 minutes on the steam from a bruised ego, at least until the com-channel was notified of an incoming caller on a syndicate frequency.
And a just a few seconds afterwards the entire call was terminated, and a new one opened up anonymously - All within the span of moments.

A Cephalons doing, no doubt - As the comm interface buzzed back into life, the culprit made itself quite known - A certain pair of orange holographic boxes, ends connected parallel by a orange mass of light took up the viewport.

The digital being cast its gaze over him, the shapes of its 'body' flickering with the vague outlines of its interior processes. Then it deigned to speak.
"Ah, so you're looking for this Hystruc company are you, operative...Holden?" the Construct began, as it accessed the databanks of the vessel - A distant tap, and with the ease of which he was doing so only meant one of two things - Either he had worked with Veil encryption patterns before, or this was an attack.

If he were to check, it was the former - He'd stopped his tunneling as soon as he hit identification and records - He was skimming them, and seemingly refused to dig any deeper than what he considered necessary. Defensive software had recognized him too - This Cephalon had indeed worked with the Veil before,

"I do apologise for the scare, but I wouldn't like to keep any of you folk waiting. I've updated your nav-coordinates with the correct approach vectors. Oh! And please, don't forget the doorbell program -" The Cephalon proceeded to send a file directly to Holden's interface, a tiny and very simple thing. Cursory scans from the defensive software would reveal it as little more than an a short lived identifier.

"If you like, I can handle the piloting your craft from here. I and my Operator have worked with the Veil beforeha- Oh! Where are my manners, I haven't even introduced myself, especially after all-"

The Digital Avatar cast its gaze quickly around the small ship, in an almost embarrassed manner before returning its gaze directly to Holden.
"- this. I am Cephalon Auger, assigned caretaker of Operator Hemlock." and with that, Holden's interface would report that the tap had been ceased, nothing had been taken, and the skim of his logs was shallow and looked at reports that were nominal or of no consequence.
The only thing that was left was the hole bored into the protective software, but Auger had patched it up so thoroughly that it was likely stronger there than anywhere else within the firewall.

"I can divide my attention to multiple tasks, so if you would like to ask me any questions, I'll answer to the best of my ability. Least I could do for my, ahem, ungraceful entry, Operative Holden."

All over the place - Feyerit, Lysandra, Damien, Magnus

As the rag-tag group assembled, Feyerit took a quick stock take of who he had with him;

First, a free agent - This one seemed reliable - after all, T'was a bit hard to argue with made-to-order cybernetics, though he did seem a bit singed around the edges, and one look at his armaments would probably explain why. Pyromaniac would be a fitting word for the case.

The Second? One of the rare and vaunted Symbiotes. Not many folks know how to tell the two apart, but one of the biggest indicators was simply the size of the warframe itself - Symbiotes stood a head taller than their Zariman counterparts, and on top of that they were a little stockier too.

And thirdly was the elusive, and quite frankly terrifying Harrow. As well read as Feyerit was, information on the Harrow warframe was elusive as it was horrifying. Entire platoons being locked into position by the BDSM god from hell, and picked off at the Tenno's leisure.
Nevermind their capability to become totally invulnerable.

Needless to say, there was an underlying fear that the Hystruc Salvage Yards might have bitten off more than they could chew, but Feyerit pushed it to the side - To cower in the face of potential profit was madness, especially now.
"Well met, my friends - As for leading you to the boss of our up & coming mission, that comes soon - I'm just here to point you all in the right direction, or if any latecomers show up. But for now, as your entourage is on the way, I feel some introductions are in order."

With a punctual extension of his hand, likely in anticipation of shaking the respective graspers of his newfound associates.
"You may call me Feyerit, I'm the senior supervisor of this facility. It's a pleasure to meet you all, and I feel we're going to make a fabulous team!"

Poltergeist - York

Deeper inside the facility, within one of the various mechanical repositories, the MOA units of the facility were in idle mode - Occasionally, one would wander into the facility and be picked up by a rail mounted claw, and plugged into a maintenance pocket or one of the storage arrays in the ceiling, or alternatively one would detach from the ceiling and begin to follow whatever orders had been assigned to it that day.

Regardless, in the center of the room, suspended by cables and chains, was the receptacle for Bursa-Model moa units. 
And this one was more akin to a bastardized hybrid of a Bursa and an Ambulas, the only real unique feature of this mechanical creature was its head - Much of the upper skull of the thing had been replaced with one centra, tubular Eye, surrounded by eight smaller receptor units, all built into what remained of the head of the unit.

All was silent, until a deep rumble from within the unit broke the quiet as the numerous fixtures on the mechanoid began to glow a soft teal, until the eye of the creature flared into life with a brilliant aquamarine. York had inhabited his own customized vessel, and activated a few of the surrounding MOA units as a support contingent.

Double checking for any faults within his form, the dark aquamarine super-bursa began to plod its way towards the Hangar - They had guests waiting, after all - And from his experience, leaving one waiting can make one perform rather inadvisable acts. 
York only hoped everything would remain candid.

Fashionably Late - Samuel, Euren

As Samuels vessel hovered in the sheets of rain, just shy of the cavern opening - He received a quick response from the flight control tower a few hundred meters away from his crafts position.

"This is flight control tower Ceti-Four, We are receiving the activation of your doorbell, Vessel Kur-O-Zeen. Follow the beacons along the cavern floor, and you'll reach the hanger safely. Ceti-Four, out." And with that the guns that had been trained on their position returned to their idle state, the beacons at the cave mouth flickering brightly, despite the torrential rainfall.

Their transit was uneventful, with the natural cavern system sheltering them from the rainfall and winds - only a smidgen of the rainfall made it through the moderately sized crack that ran the length of the cavern system. As they progressed, the energy screens would dim as they approached, the sensors having identified them as a friendly.

As the landing craft entered the docking bay proper, small Osprey model drones would form a path to the nearest available docking boom - Curiously enough, a Mantis class landing craft had docked nearby, and not too far off was the likely owner of the vessel, a might Atlas warframe - The attention of whom was mostly occupied by an olive colored Tech...

"Well, for being a 8-foot tall murder-monster, you're quite affable aren't you!"

...That certainly had no problem talking to something that could have pasted her within moments.

For the time Euran had been here, this peculiar Tech, Ghiidech Meyther, had been chatting him up for the entirety of his stay so far, shooting the metaphorical waste products as the various free agents were arriving at the facility proper.

Mostly he'd been the one who had been occupying Eurens time with talk about some of the hangers features, notably the modularity of its components - It was well prepared to receive any vessel large enough to fit into the canyon approach itself and any craft of any make - Citing Lucas' corvette as an example.
"Now, if you cast your gaze upwards and to our left, you might notice the vaguely skylight structure there -" motioning her arm towards a roughly circular opening and judging by the minimal amount of structures fastened to it, it served the aforementioned role. Curiously though, the struts supporting the beveled glass structure were widely placed. Even a fragile vessel wouldn't have too much trouble busting through it.

"Between me and you, though, I don't know what the last Exec was thinking with that doodad - It's at the bottom of a volcanic shaft, for profits sake! It's not like some bugger is going to try infiltrate the facility by dropping through the damn thing."

It was at this moment when Samuels Xiphos began to slowly hover towards the docking ring, the multitude of apparatii prepared to receive the craft as it inched closer to the docking ring. Turning to face the newcomer, and bringing up her Supra to an active position, Ghiidech went to check if she had any more of those temporary ID chips on her person. But ever the chatterbox, she spoke once more.

"Well, the Hanger's starting to get pretty busy with you newcomers-" With that, she swiveled around to face Euren,
"-They a friend of yours?"

Edited by InfiniumV
I'll have to post this in parts, FFS

PART 2
Fair-weather Friends - Bane & Marrok, Lucas, J'kotal, Zan

After hearing Banes question, J'kotal couldn't help but release a hearty little chortle at the notion.
<<Ohoh-hoh, I'm afraid you're a tad wrong there, my friend - I'm just a surveyman 'ere, I ain't no bigshot">> J'kotal responded, his casual smirk still present on his features. With a tad of a huff, he lifted his flamethrower into an at rest position, before motioning towards the leftmost entryway, where Lucas had taken to residing and double checking his equipment.

<<Come along, friend - I trust you've some means of translation with you? I don't believe anyone else here can understand Grintok, or has a translator on their person.>> And with that, J'kotal began lumbering towards the beforementioned entryway, stopping briefly to make sure Bane was following him.

<<And to answer your earlier statement, Yes, most of the corpus are...standoffish about our ilk, but that's why I said 'Most'. The folks' at this place are pretty welcoming by comparison - To be fair, I'd imagin' that's because Hystruc works with or supplies the Meridian. Unless you've a stiff 'todger up yer' arse like the Lokans or you can't settle a grudge fer the life 'o ya, like the Sequence people.>>

At this point, they'd managed to catch up to Lucas, who'd so far been 'left hanging' so-to-speak and all on his lonesome. "Eheh, Sorry 'bout that, Lucas - Had to address our guest 'ere." J'kotal began, motioning towards the mercenary with a peculiar taste in headwear.
"Now then, we aught see to introductions! You ever hear 'o that foul installation called the Fortuna? Well, this lad 'ere is the one res-"

J'kotal had been cut off when the ambient sound of static and the rap-tap-tap of urgent footsteps came rushing in their direction - A certain Volt had been charging towards the doorway, likely to catch up with one of the forming groups.

And in a spur-of-the-moment decision that was...probably inadvisable, J'kotals arm launched forward and latched onto one of the rings present on Zan's arm - Even though his armor was insulated, he still felt the tingle of electricity present.

"Whoa there, friend! Where you runnin' off to!?" He almost yelled, his tone as amicable as ever - The mass of him & his equipment enough to bring the speedy volt to a dead halt!
However, he was also unaware that this particular Volt had a degree of PTSD, so the next few moments were likely to be...interesting, so to speak.

As the rag-tag group assembled, Feyerit took a quick stock take of who he had with him;

First, a free agent - This one seemed reliable - after all, T'was a bit hard to argue with made-to-order cybernetics, though he did seem a bit singed around the edges, and one look at his armaments would probably explain why. Pyromaniac would be a fitting word for the case.

The Second? One of the rare and vaunted Symbiotes. Not many folks know how to tell the two apart, but one of the biggest indicators was simply the size of the warframe itself - Symbiotes stood a head taller than their Zariman counterparts, and on top of that they were a little stockier too.

And thirdly was the elusive, and quite frankly terrifying Harrow. As well read as Feyerit was, information on the Harrow warframe was elusive as it was horrifying. Entire platoons being locked into position by the BDSM god from hell, and picked off at the Tenno's leisure.

Needless to say, there was an underlying fear that the Hystruc Salvage Yards might have bitten off more than they could chew, but Feyerit pushed it to the side - To cower in the face of potential profit was madness, especially now.
"Well met, my friends - As for leading you to the boss of our up & coming mission, that comes soon - I'm just here to point you all in the right direction, or if any latecomers show up. But for now, as your entourage is on the way, I feel some introductions are in order."

With a punctual extension of his hand, likely in anticipation of shaking the respective graspers of his newfound associates.
"You may call me Feyerit, I'm the senior supervisor of this facility. It's a pleasure to meet you all, and I feel we're going to make a fabulous team!"

Poltergeist - York

Deeper inside the facility, within one of the various mechanical repositories, the MOA units of the facility were in idle mode - Occasionally, one would wander into the facility and be picked up by a rail mounted claw, and plugged into a maintenance pocket or one of the storage arrays in the ceiling, or alternatively one would detach from the ceiling and begin to follow whatever orders had been assigned to it that day.

Regardless, in the center of the room, suspended by cables and chains, was the receptacle for Bursa-Model moa units. 
And this one was more akin to a bastardized hybrid of a Bursa and an Ambulas, the only real unique feature of this mechanical creature was its head - Much of the upper skull of the thing had been replaced with one centra, tubular Eye, surrounded by eight smaller receptor units, all built into what remained of the head of the unit.

All was silent, until a deep rumble from within the unit broke the quiet as the numerous fixtures on the mechanoid began to glow a soft teal, until the eye of the creature flared into life with a brilliant aquamarine. York had inhabited his own customized vessel, and activated a few of the surrounding MOA units as a support contingent.

Double checking for any faults within his form, the dark aquamarine super-bursa began to plod its way towards the Hangar - They had guests waiting, after all - And from his experience, leaving one waiting can make one perform rather inadvisable acts. 
York only hoped everything would remain candid.

4 minutes ago, InfiniumV said:

Hide contents

Lysandra gave the comba a smile, furrowing his name away for later use.
"Aww, yer optimism is adorable." She chuckled, trying to not sound patronizing or sarcastic. Quite difficult given her choice of words. "And in the spirit of introductions, I'm Lysandra. Pleasure t' meet ya." She took his hand and gave him a firm, singular shake.

18 minutes ago, InfiniumV said:

PART 2
Fair-weather Friends - Bane & Marrok, Lucas, J'kotal, Zan

Hide contents

After hearing Banes question, J'kotal couldn't help but release a hearty little chortle at the notion.
<<Ohoh-hoh, I'm afraid you're a tad wrong there, my friend - I'm just a surveyman 'ere, I ain't no bigshot">> J'kotal responded, his casual smirk still present on his features. With a tad of a huff, he lifted his flamethrower into an at rest position, before motioning towards the leftmost entryway, where Lucas had taken to residing and double checking his equipment.

<<Come along, friend - I trust you've some means of translation with you? I don't believe anyone else here can understand Grintok, or has a translator on their person.>> And with that, J'kotal began lumbering towards the beforementioned entryway, stopping briefly to make sure Bane was following him.

<<And to answer your earlier statement, Yes, most of the corpus are...standoffish about our ilk, but that's why I said 'Most'. The folks' at this place are pretty welcoming by comparison - To be fair, I'd imagin' that's because Hystruc works with or supplies the Meridian. Unless you've a stiff 'todger up yer' arse like the Lokans or you can't settle a grudge fer the life 'o ya, like the Sequence people.>>

At this point, they'd managed to catch up to Lucas, who'd so far been 'left hanging' so-to-speak and all on his lonesome. "Eheh, Sorry 'bout that, Lucas - Had to address our guest 'ere." J'kotal began, motioning towards the mercenary with a peculiar taste in headwear.
"Now then, we aught see to introductions! You ever hear 'o that foul installation called the Fortuna? Well, this lad 'ere is the one res-"

J'kotal had been cut off when the ambient sound of static and the rap-tap-tap of urgent footsteps came rushing in their direction - A certain Volt had been charging towards the doorway, likely to catch up with one of the forming groups.

And in a spur-of-the-moment decision that was...probably inadvisable, J'kotals arm launched forward and latched onto one of the rings present on Zan's arm - Even though his armor was insulated, he still felt the tingle of electricity present.

"Whoa there, friend! Where you runnin' off to!?" He almost yelled, his tone as amicable as ever - The mass of him & his equipment enough to bring the speedy volt to a dead halt!
However, he was also unaware that this particular Volt had a degree of PTSD, so the next few moments were likely to be...interesting, so to speak.

«I hold no grudge towards the Steel Meridian. I simply feel that their cause is foolish at most. Cressa Tal is fighting a war which they cannot win. It is a fool's hope to believe that the Grineer Empire can be overthrown anytime soon. I have unfortunately met the Queens myself, and I saw the extent of the Grineer's power.» Bane said. He sighed. «But yes, I do have a translator. I can activate it at any moment so the people around me can understand what I am saying. I was never good at languages, and I can't be bothered to learn. Hence the translator.»

Bane quickly reacted in surprise when J'Kotal suddenly grabbed the energetic and PTSD-Filled Volt, surprised at his sudden action. Marrok growled upon seeing the sudden new face, but Bane once again put his hand up in a 'stop' motion, and the growling stopped. Bane did not want any trouble, not here. And he hoped that the Tenno J'Kotal had stopped held a level of sanity.