Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hammers and Nails (IC)

InfiniumV

On 3/11/2018 at 5:09 AM, InfiniumV said:

A Redirection in Red - Holden, Auger

For the last 15 minutes, Holden had been listening to a minor CEO of a small construction company - said CEO was a scrawny little man who was tottering in between shooting holes in his undergarments and making audacious claims about the Hystruc company.
It was rather obvious he had some sort of grudge too, as the 'claims' consisted of many big words such as corruption, despoilage, and heavens forbid, Layoffs! That and he kept slathering his claims

If it wasn't for the fact that he was ever-so-slightly shivering in his seat when facing someone who was despised as one of the clearest visages of death in the system, save for the Tenno themselves, then he might have had something worth listening to.

But no, he'd been stuck here, listening to some skinny old codger babble on for 15 minutes on the steam from a bruised ego, at least until the com-channel was notified of an incoming caller on a syndicate frequency.
And a just a few seconds afterwards the entire call was terminated, and a new one opened up anonymously - All within the span of moments.

A Cephalons doing, no doubt - As the comm interface buzzed back into life, the culprit made itself quite known - A certain pair of orange holographic boxes, ends connected parallel by a orange mass of light took up the viewport.

The digital being cast its gaze over him, the shapes of its 'body' flickering with the vague outlines of its interior processes. Then it deigned to speak.
"Ah, so you're looking for this Hystruc company are you, operative...Holden?" the Construct began, as it accessed the databanks of the vessel - A distant tap, and with the ease of which he was doing so only meant one of two things - Either he had worked with Veil encryption patterns before, or this was an attack.

If he were to check, it was the former - He'd stopped his tunneling as soon as he hit identification and records - He was skimming them, and seemingly refused to dig any deeper than what he considered necessary. Defensive software had recognized him too - This Cephalon had indeed worked with the Veil before,

"I do apologise for the scare, but I wouldn't like to keep any of you folk waiting. I've updated your nav-coordinates with the correct approach vectors. Oh! And please, don't forget the doorbell program -" The Cephalon proceeded to send a file directly to Holden's interface, a tiny and very simple thing. Cursory scans from the defensive software would reveal it as little more than an a short lived identifier.

"If you like, I can handle the piloting your craft from here. I and my Operator have worked with the Veil beforeha- Oh! Where are my manners, I haven't even introduced myself, especially after all-"

The Digital Avatar cast its gaze quickly around the small ship, in an almost embarrassed manner before returning its gaze directly to Holden.
"- this. I am Cephalon Auger, assigned caretaker of Operator Hemlock." and with that, Holden's interface would report that the tap had been ceased, nothing had been taken, and the skim of his logs was shallow and looked at reports that were nominal or of no consequence.
The only thing that was left was the hole bored into the protective software, but Auger had patched it up so thoroughly that it was likely stronger there than anywhere else within the firewall.

"I can divide my attention to multiple tasks, so if you would like to ask me any questions, I'll answer to the best of my ability. Least I could do for my, ahem, ungraceful entry, Operative Holden."

Holden's own ship Cephalon, which was rudimentary at best compared to a Tenno's, grumbled to him. "Sir, Apologies for allowing this other cephalon pierce my firewalls. It has greatly exceeded my own capabilities to block out hackers and other mischievous digital fiends." It's red three-dimensional pentagonal prism pulsated with its displeasure.

"It's fine, Abaddon. It's a Tenno Cephalon," he rasped through his mask. He turned to Auger's form. "Although I'm willing to overlook this trespass... I should let you know the Veil doesn't take kindly to people rummaging through our data. Even if they serve the Veil in some way." He folded his fingers and leaned back in his chair. "But let us cast that aside for now; we must get on with business. What is this... 'Doorbell Program?' And how does it work?" A tiny version of what appeared to be a Harrows' thurible hung from his folded hands, swaying as he spoke.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

On 11/03/2018 at 9:13 AM, InfiniumV said:

PART 2
Fair-weather Friends - Bane & Marrok, Lucas, J'kotal, Zan

Reveal hidden contents

After hearing Banes question, J'kotal couldn't help but release a hearty little chortle at the notion.
<<Ohoh-hoh, I'm afraid you're a tad wrong there, my friend - I'm just a surveyman 'ere, I ain't no bigshot">> J'kotal responded, his casual smirk still present on his features. With a tad of a huff, he lifted his flamethrower into an at rest position, before motioning towards the leftmost entryway, where Lucas had taken to residing and double checking his equipment.

<<Come along, friend - I trust you've some means of translation with you? I don't believe anyone else here can understand Grintok, or has a translator on their person.>> And with that, J'kotal began lumbering towards the beforementioned entryway, stopping briefly to make sure Bane was following him.

<<And to answer your earlier statement, Yes, most of the corpus are...standoffish about our ilk, but that's why I said 'Most'. The folks' at this place are pretty welcoming by comparison - To be fair, I'd imagin' that's because Hystruc works with or supplies the Meridian. Unless you've a stiff 'todger up yer' arse like the Lokans or you can't settle a grudge fer the life 'o ya, like the Sequence people.>>

At this point, they'd managed to catch up to Lucas, who'd so far been 'left hanging' so-to-speak and all on his lonesome. "Eheh, Sorry 'bout that, Lucas - Had to address our guest 'ere." J'kotal began, motioning towards the mercenary with a peculiar taste in headwear.
"Now then, we aught see to introductions! You ever hear 'o that foul installation called the Fortuna? Well, this lad 'ere is the one res-"

J'kotal had been cut off when the ambient sound of static and the rap-tap-tap of urgent footsteps came rushing in their direction - A certain Volt had been charging towards the doorway, likely to catch up with one of the forming groups.

And in a spur-of-the-moment decision that was...probably inadvisable, J'kotals arm launched forward and latched onto one of the rings present on Zan's arm - Even though his armor was insulated, he still felt the tingle of electricity present.

"Whoa there, friend! Where you runnin' off to!?" He almost yelled, his tone as amicable as ever - The mass of him & his equipment enough to bring the speedy volt to a dead halt!
However, he was also unaware that this particular Volt had a degree of PTSD, so the next few moments were likely to be...interesting, so to speak.

(Really, this is my first RP, and this is already getting hard for me. GG.)

Zan walked towards the hanger doors, hoping that he could learn what he was here for, and more importantly who. All of sudden, an arm grabbed him. A Grineer arm. 

"Whoa there, friend! Where you runnin' off to!?" The Grineer said. Zan had a flashback to what happened weeks ago...

Zan clenched his Orthos Prime in one hand, and a Lex Prime in another. One a gift, and one a treasure. Zan looked over to her, who was, successfully after an hour, reassuring him.

“It’s fine! Trust me! We do this all the time, what’s there to worry about?” She said.

Zan already knew from there that something wrong was going to happen.

Zan flashed back to reality. The Grineer, although as harsh as they were, and as bulky as it was, seemed... dare he said it, friendly? It must be a defector, however, Zan pushed the Grineer’s arm off him, not realising.. 

“Oh shi-”

(All Volt Warframes have a passive, which can’t be stopped. Static. When Volt runs, or moves on the ground, the Warframe will charge up Static and the next thing the Volt touches , or hurts, will feel the electrical charge. Zan hadn’t fought in a while, so his Static charge would have been quite powerful, especially since he rarely used other Warframes.)

The Grineer was given quite a shock, figuratively and literally, as he was “pushed back” by the electrical Static, quite far away, though not far enough that Zan could realise that the defector was just trying to be friendly, and that the defector was a Nox troop, or at least trying to look like one.

Zan froze, and he knew that he really should have thought before he acted. “Whoops” he thought. He didn’t know what to do.

On 3/11/2018 at 5:09 PM, InfiniumV said:

Bad dog, SIT! - Forte & Grendel, Hemlock

Reveal hidden contents

"Au-AGH!"
Even though Hemlock spent the majority of his time outside of his warframe, there was little a Zariman child like himself could have done to stop the hulking mass of engineered muscle, teeth and dribble that seemed so insistent on sniffing the soul out of him.
Unfortunately for Grendel, Hemlock wasn't too fond of personal space invaders of the vaguely canine-kind, so when Grendal went in for 'sniffles' he just barged the young Zariman right over, hitting the deck with a fairly loud clang per his armor, and judging how Hemlock's attempts to keep the intrusive canine away from his face were proving quite futile.

"GET YOUR DAMN MUTT OFF OF ME!" Hemlock angrily screamed at the unfortunate owner, with his face contorted into an exasperated scowl, as he finally managed to get some leverage on the bulky creature and push it back a bit.
It may also help that in said state of exasperation, his iron colored Pencha-type Amp had clicked into position and was currently incandescent with Void energy - More than enough to fire up the warning bells within Grendel's head as the sentient-bone device crackled with a red-orange light.

Staggering into a standing position, Forte would be able to catch a glimpse of the eyes formerly hiding behind the Occulus headpieces - two plain blue eyes were glaring holes into them, before the vaguely horseshoe-shaped device was pushed back into position, massaging the back of his head with right hand after it's prompt introduction to the steel flooring of the hanger.
Following that, he brushed himself off as best he could, but dog-dribble is a sticky substance and he only worsened his situation.

"Guh" Was the only noise that escaped his lips has he made one final, futile effort to get the gunk off of him, before casting an almost accusing glance at Forte & Grendel, before shaking his head in resignation and with a flash of that same red-orange light, recalled the skeletal Inaros.
Now in a form that loomed over the duo, he made a small huff and walked over to the prone Forte,  and offered his hand to help her up - Provided she had not done so already.

A moments silence passed, something Hemlock alluded to terror or stupefaction before he smote the thoughts from his mind, in doing so clearing his throat and began to speak, the voice still somewhat young but with a minor hiss to it - A minor flaw when utilizing a warframe as a communication platform.

"My...apologies for my earlier outburst. I, ah, That was no way to treat another who has come to assist us lot. I am Hemlock, and you two are...?"
His tone was indeed sincere, but there was a bit of a minor stilt to it - As if it was almost forced, like a mechanical response.

The screaming from both master and victim seemed only to excite the Kubrow, whose playful nature had already gotten the better of him. Grendel's eyes sparked curiously as they settled on the Tenno's wrist-mounted device, but the crack from his master's whip that followed made him cower for a moment, then somersault spectacularly away from the Tenno and straight into his master's knees, toppling her much like he did for the poor object of his interest. He did understand that firm command to stay however, and simply barked happily as though proud of himself, while his master visibly backed away in outright fear as the tall, imposing form of Inaros manifested before her eyes. But instead of eating her alive, he offered her a hand, and it was several long moments before she could respond.

The young Corpus scrambled to her feet as quickly as she could, taking the Warframe's hand with a trembling one of her own, then quickly letting go as though afraid that he would pull it right off her wrist. She gripped the back of Grendel's collar firmly and did her best to meet the Inaros's eyes.

"N-no, the fault lied with me- myself, I- my companion, he doesn't, I'm so sorry he's usually very well-behaved..." she quickly replied, in a voice shaky with the herculean effort she was making to keep her composure. The faceplate of her helmet retracted into the sides as she spoke, probably to show the sincerity in her apology. But with her cheeks now as red as the markings on her helmet, it was probably going to be difficult to take her seriously. "Ishouldhaveleashedhimproperly so so sorry uh... it's a pleasure to be working with you Hemlock. Forte Luxe of Intelgent Civillian Defencements- DEFENSES. Your crising-saving and life-management force!"

She broke eye contact at that point. Hopefully nobody would notice the tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

On 11/3/2018 at 9:09 AM, InfiniumV said:

PART 1
System Checks and Sorting Cheques - York, Auger

Reveal hidden contents

Despite his damage, York remained in a mostly operable state - Able to handle the majority of the facilities paperwork was...tedious, but he was rewarded with more freedoms than the majority of Cephalons elsewhere.
The Pseudo-Machine gazed over the daily payroll for the workers, and had been processing the supply & demand for the salvage the company processed and the rates they offered. It wasn't his job to handle the actual ordering, just to find ideal buyers for Bansenn to review.

But these were ancillary processes.

Right now, the majority of his capabilities were focused on the multitude of sensor arrays and cameras. When you broadcast an invitation, on a frequency that was tenno oriented no less, one should be wary of less than amicable visitors.
York considered themselves fortunate. The visitors that they had in-so-far were ones with reputable history, amicable personality or some combination of the two - At least from initial observation - But one never could be too careful especially in this day and age.

Fortunately, he wasn't the only Cephalon here either. One perk of having a moody space tween stick around is that his caretaker is also nearby, and generation two cephalons were quite high functioning in comparison.

To that end, he brought up communications - The digital avatar of Auger, Two rectangular cuboids with their ends held parallel by an orange pixelated mass greeted him in the digital domain of ones, zeroes and phantom heroes.

"Cephalon York." Auger began calmly, "I imagine you'd like an update on our...visitors." He continued, readying a report he had gathered with his ample access to the shadownet the Tenno would operate from.

"THAT IS CORRECT. THE EXECUTIVE IS AWAITING OUR GUESTS. AT THE VERY LEAST THEY REMAIN AMICABLE AS THEY WAIT."
Despite their best efforts, Yorks inability to control his considerably loud voice had been met with varying degrees of failure. Cephalons were not mere artificial intelligences, but minds that were formerly flesh in nature - Not only was their coding erratic, but their very nature could change with so much with something so little as swapping a 0 to a 1.

Despite the intricacies of machine minds, there were more pressing matters to deal with.
"Good. And a quick word, York?

The Teal-Toroid looked eye-to-metaphorical-eye with Auger.
 "SPEAK."

"Notify the company to be on their best behavior. The Veil has decided to stick their noses into Hystruc's affairs. I'll handle him, but you all better be wary of him. You know what they are capable of, and just how willing they are to do it."

With a curt nod of his avatar, Auger dissipated - leaving York to his lonesome.

The Veil. Of all the people who were getting involved, it had to be them. Known across the system as the twisted sword to the Meridians shield, the Veil were widely regarded among many as some of the most frightening terrorists ever seen - If the Veil deemed you corrupt, your days were numbered no matter how hard you tried to fend them off.
And judging by the stream of data Auger was feeding back to him, this was no young-blooded operative following their creed.

York only hoped that they could work something out between the parties.
And that no-one started shooting each other in terror. That'd be nice, too.

Bad dog, SIT! - Forte & Grendel, Hemlock

Reveal hidden contents

"Au-AGH!"
Even though Hemlock spent the majority of his time outside of his warframe, there was little a Zariman child like himself could have done to stop the hulking mass of engineered muscle, teeth and dribble that seemed so insistent on sniffing the soul out of him.
Unfortunately for Grendel, Hemlock wasn't too fond of personal space invaders of the vaguely canine-kind, so when Grendal went in for 'sniffles' he just barged the young Zariman right over, hitting the deck with a fairly loud clang per his armor, and judging how Hemlock's attempts to keep the intrusive canine away from his face were proving quite futile.

"GET YOUR DAMN MUTT OFF OF ME!" Hemlock angrily screamed at the unfortunate owner, with his face contorted into an exasperated scowl, as he finally managed to get some leverage on the bulky creature and push it back a bit.
It may also help that in said state of exasperation, his iron colored Pencha-type Amp had clicked into position and was currently incandescent with Void energy - More than enough to fire up the warning bells within Grendel's head as the sentient-bone device crackled with a red-orange light.

Staggering into a standing position, Forte would be able to catch a glimpse of the eyes formerly hiding behind the Occulus headpieces - two plain blue eyes were glaring holes into them, before the vaguely horseshoe-shaped device was pushed back into position, massaging the back of his head with right hand after it's prompt introduction to the steel flooring of the hanger.
Following that, he brushed himself off as best he could, but dog-dribble is a sticky substance and he only worsened his situation.

"Guh" Was the only noise that escaped his lips has he made one final, futile effort to get the gunk off of him, before casting an almost accusing glance at Forte & Grendel, before shaking his head in resignation and with a flash of that same red-orange light, recalled the skeletal Inaros.
Now in a form that loomed over the duo, he made a small huff and walked over to the prone Forte,  and offered his hand to help her up - Provided she had not done so already.

A moments silence passed, something Hemlock alluded to terror or stupefaction before he smote the thoughts from his mind, in doing so clearing his throat and began to speak, the voice still somewhat young but with a minor hiss to it - A minor flaw when utilizing a warframe as a communication platform.

"My...apologies for my earlier outburst. I, ah, That was no way to treat another who has come to assist us lot. I am Hemlock, and you two are...?"
His tone was indeed sincere, but there was a bit of a minor stilt to it - As if it was almost forced, like a mechanical response.

A Redirection in Red - Holden, Auger

Reveal hidden contents

For the last 15 minutes, Holden had been listening to a minor CEO of a small construction company - said CEO was a scrawny little man who was tottering in between shooting holes in his undergarments and making audacious claims about the Hystruc company.
It was rather obvious he had some sort of grudge too, as the 'claims' consisted of many big words such as corruption, despoilage, and heavens forbid, Layoffs! That and he kept slathering his claims

If it wasn't for the fact that he was ever-so-slightly shivering in his seat when facing someone who was despised as one of the clearest visages of death in the system, save for the Tenno themselves, then he might have had something worth listening to.

But no, he'd been stuck here, listening to some skinny old codger babble on for 15 minutes on the steam from a bruised ego, at least until the com-channel was notified of an incoming caller on a syndicate frequency.
And a just a few seconds afterwards the entire call was terminated, and a new one opened up anonymously - All within the span of moments.

A Cephalons doing, no doubt - As the comm interface buzzed back into life, the culprit made itself quite known - A certain pair of orange holographic boxes, ends connected parallel by a orange mass of light took up the viewport.

The digital being cast its gaze over him, the shapes of its 'body' flickering with the vague outlines of its interior processes. Then it deigned to speak.
"Ah, so you're looking for this Hystruc company are you, operative...Holden?" the Construct began, as it accessed the databanks of the vessel - A distant tap, and with the ease of which he was doing so only meant one of two things - Either he had worked with Veil encryption patterns before, or this was an attack.

If he were to check, it was the former - He'd stopped his tunneling as soon as he hit identification and records - He was skimming them, and seemingly refused to dig any deeper than what he considered necessary. Defensive software had recognized him too - This Cephalon had indeed worked with the Veil before,

"I do apologise for the scare, but I wouldn't like to keep any of you folk waiting. I've updated your nav-coordinates with the correct approach vectors. Oh! And please, don't forget the doorbell program -" The Cephalon proceeded to send a file directly to Holden's interface, a tiny and very simple thing. Cursory scans from the defensive software would reveal it as little more than an a short lived identifier.

"If you like, I can handle the piloting your craft from here. I and my Operator have worked with the Veil beforeha- Oh! Where are my manners, I haven't even introduced myself, especially after all-"

The Digital Avatar cast its gaze quickly around the small ship, in an almost embarrassed manner before returning its gaze directly to Holden.
"- this. I am Cephalon Auger, assigned caretaker of Operator Hemlock." and with that, Holden's interface would report that the tap had been ceased, nothing had been taken, and the skim of his logs was shallow and looked at reports that were nominal or of no consequence.
The only thing that was left was the hole bored into the protective software, but Auger had patched it up so thoroughly that it was likely stronger there than anywhere else within the firewall.

"I can divide my attention to multiple tasks, so if you would like to ask me any questions, I'll answer to the best of my ability. Least I could do for my, ahem, ungraceful entry, Operative Holden."

All over the place - Feyerit, Lysandra, Damien, Magnus

Reveal hidden contents

As the rag-tag group assembled, Feyerit took a quick stock take of who he had with him;

First, a free agent - This one seemed reliable - after all, T'was a bit hard to argue with made-to-order cybernetics, though he did seem a bit singed around the edges, and one look at his armaments would probably explain why. Pyromaniac would be a fitting word for the case.

The Second? One of the rare and vaunted Symbiotes. Not many folks know how to tell the two apart, but one of the biggest indicators was simply the size of the warframe itself - Symbiotes stood a head taller than their Zariman counterparts, and on top of that they were a little stockier too.

And thirdly was the elusive, and quite frankly terrifying Harrow. As well read as Feyerit was, information on the Harrow warframe was elusive as it was horrifying. Entire platoons being locked into position by the BDSM god from hell, and picked off at the Tenno's leisure.
Nevermind their capability to become totally invulnerable.

Needless to say, there was an underlying fear that the Hystruc Salvage Yards might have bitten off more than they could chew, but Feyerit pushed it to the side - To cower in the face of potential profit was madness, especially now.
"Well met, my friends - As for leading you to the boss of our up & coming mission, that comes soon - I'm just here to point you all in the right direction, or if any latecomers show up. But for now, as your entourage is on the way, I feel some introductions are in order."

With a punctual extension of his hand, likely in anticipation of shaking the respective graspers of his newfound associates.
"You may call me Feyerit, I'm the senior supervisor of this facility. It's a pleasure to meet you all, and I feel we're going to make a fabulous team!"

Poltergeist - York

Reveal hidden contents

Deeper inside the facility, within one of the various mechanical repositories, the MOA units of the facility were in idle mode - Occasionally, one would wander into the facility and be picked up by a rail mounted claw, and plugged into a maintenance pocket or one of the storage arrays in the ceiling, or alternatively one would detach from the ceiling and begin to follow whatever orders had been assigned to it that day.

Regardless, in the center of the room, suspended by cables and chains, was the receptacle for Bursa-Model moa units. 
And this one was more akin to a bastardized hybrid of a Bursa and an Ambulas, the only real unique feature of this mechanical creature was its head - Much of the upper skull of the thing had been replaced with one centra, tubular Eye, surrounded by eight smaller receptor units, all built into what remained of the head of the unit.

All was silent, until a deep rumble from within the unit broke the quiet as the numerous fixtures on the mechanoid began to glow a soft teal, until the eye of the creature flared into life with a brilliant aquamarine. York had inhabited his own customized vessel, and activated a few of the surrounding MOA units as a support contingent.

Double checking for any faults within his form, the dark aquamarine super-bursa began to plod its way towards the Hangar - They had guests waiting, after all - And from his experience, leaving one waiting can make one perform rather inadvisable acts. 
York only hoped everything would remain candid.

Fashionably Late - Samuel, Euren

Reveal hidden contents

As Samuels vessel hovered in the sheets of rain, just shy of the cavern opening - He received a quick response from the flight control tower a few hundred meters away from his crafts position.

"This is flight control tower Ceti-Four, We are receiving the activation of your doorbell, Vessel Kur-O-Zeen. Follow the beacons along the cavern floor, and you'll reach the hanger safely. Ceti-Four, out." And with that the guns that had been trained on their position returned to their idle state, the beacons at the cave mouth flickering brightly, despite the torrential rainfall.

Their transit was uneventful, with the natural cavern system sheltering them from the rainfall and winds - only a smidgen of the rainfall made it through the moderately sized crack that ran the length of the cavern system. As they progressed, the energy screens would dim as they approached, the sensors having identified them as a friendly.

As the landing craft entered the docking bay proper, small Osprey model drones would form a path to the nearest available docking boom - Curiously enough, a Mantis class landing craft had docked nearby, and not too far off was the likely owner of the vessel, a might Atlas warframe - The attention of whom was mostly occupied by an olive colored Tech...

"Well, for being a 8-foot tall murder-monster, you're quite affable aren't you!"

...That certainly had no problem talking to something that could have pasted her within moments.

For the time Euran had been here, this peculiar Tech, Ghiidech Meyther, had been chatting him up for the entirety of his stay so far, shooting the metaphorical waste products as the various free agents were arriving at the facility proper.

Mostly he'd been the one who had been occupying Eurens time with talk about some of the hangers features, notably the modularity of its components - It was well prepared to receive any vessel large enough to fit into the canyon approach itself and any craft of any make - Citing Lucas' corvette as an example.
"Now, if you cast your gaze upwards and to our left, you might notice the vaguely skylight structure there -" motioning her arm towards a roughly circular opening and judging by the minimal amount of structures fastened to it, it served the aforementioned role. Curiously though, the struts supporting the beveled glass structure were widely placed. Even a fragile vessel wouldn't have too much trouble busting through it.

"Between me and you, though, I don't know what the last Exec was thinking with that doodad - It's at the bottom of a volcanic shaft, for profits sake! It's not like some bugger is going to try infiltrate the facility by dropping through the damn thing."

It was at this moment when Samuels Xiphos began to slowly hover towards the docking ring, the multitude of apparatii prepared to receive the craft as it inched closer to the docking ring. Turning to face the newcomer, and bringing up her Supra to an active position, Ghiidech went to check if she had any more of those temporary ID chips on her person. But ever the chatterbox, she spoke once more.

"Well, the Hanger's starting to get pretty busy with you newcomers-" With that, she swiveled around to face Euren,
"-They a friend of yours?"

Recieving the OK to proceed meant that the craft could now start going in the misterious hangar inside the canyon itself. While slowly navigating, he took a moment to draw in the incredible detail and engineering craft, all mish-mashed together with corpus terraforming technology and the venusian flora.

"now, I'd pay my plat savings for this" he muttered in awe as the craft lazily moved through what where surely some sort of beacon indicating where to go. Of course, he'd rather do this manually, as while the autopilot could do a fine job, he always preffered doing it himself. His cavat, who was lying down on the marketplace counter, didn't look as curious and continued his merry catnip.

Finally reaching to the central hangar itself, it was bustling with various ships of different factions, some grineer, some tenno, and of course the boxy corpus ships. Eventually, he navigated to the spot he was given by the doorbell and prepared himself for disengagement, making sure the magnetic locks were secure( a hard lesson indeed, he once forgot to turn them on when going to a jupiter mission. enough is to say that it left a Inaros shaped hole in the corpus ship he was attempting to inflitrate)

Out on the hangar ground floor, he spotted two figures. An atlas frame, which was nothing out of the norm. however, the tech immediatelly froze him in place and instinctivelly reached out for his lesion. His kavat also got into attack position should there be any danger.

However, he did a small breath of relief, as he noticed that the tech was just gesticulating, otherwise said invididual would be punched out of the corpus' profit existence by the atlas himself. Permitting himself a nice long strech, due to the long journey and being in a small aera with limited space to move (stiff as a stick I'd say)

Likewise, the tech seemed to have noticed him, and what looked like an enquiery to the 'frame. Samuel then lesisurely walked to the pair, stopped at what looked like an acceptable distance, and did his greeting that seemed to be well known. Folding his left arm neatly behind him, and extending the right one, as a sign that he meant no harm, and started to introduce himself

"Hullo, my name is Samuel, but if you prefer, you can refer me as my frame, Inaros, a pleasure."

EDIT: to enderman's post above, lol, that must've beeing quite the shocker! gettit?

I'll see myself out of the room

Edited by samuelx43a
one liners don't pick up good GMs

14 hours ago, EndermanBeast said:

Zan walked towards the hanger doors, hoping that he could learn what he was here for, and more importantly who. All of sudden, an arm grabbed him. A Grineer arm. 

"Whoa there, friend! Where you runnin' off to!?" The Grineer said. Zan had a flashback to what happened weeks ago...

Zan clenched his Orthos Prime in one hand, and a Lex Prime in another. One a gift, and one a treasure. Zan looked over to her, who was, successfully after an hour, reassuring him.

“It’s fine! Trust me! We do this all the time, what’s there to worry about?” She said.

Zan flashed back to reality. The Grineer, although as harsh as they were, and as bulky as it was, seemed... dare he said it, friendly? It must be a defector, however, Zan pushed the Grineer’s arm off him, not realising.. 

“Oh shi-”

(All Volt Warframes have a passive, which can’t be stopped. Static. When Volt runs, or moves on the ground, the Warframe will charge up Static and the next thing the Volt touches , or hurts, will feel the electrical charge. Zan hadn’t fought in a while, so his Static charge would have been quite powerful, especially since he rarely used other Warframes.)

The Grineer was given quite a shock, figuratively and literally, as he was “pushed back” by the electrical Static, quite far away, though not far enough that Zan could realise that the defector was just trying to be friendly, and that the defector was a Nox troop, or at least trying to look like one.

Zan froze, and he knew that he really should have thought before he acted. “Whoops” he thought. He didn’t know what to do.

Lucas didn't know what the hell happened, but J'kotal was sent flying across the room faster than his eyes could even track.

Reflexes kicked in. After recovering from the initial surprise of seeing several hundred kilos of cloned meat and amour being sent to kingdom come, he quickly got off his crate and, out of reflex, grabbed whatever weapon was readily available on his person. Currently, since the Argonak he was cleaning was unceremoniously dropped off the side of the crate in his haste, his hand moved over the top of his pistol holster on his right thigh, un-clipping the strap that held it in place in case he needed to pull a quick-draw. Even though the odds of him winning a scuffle with a Volt Prime were slim-to-none, his muscle memory wasn't something that tended to listen to reason or logic.

...still, he could probably manage a few shots before he got turned into ash...

...But for the sake of first impressions, Lucas decided to let up on the aggressive stance he had been holding for the past few seconds, and attempted to investigate what happened here.

"Well, that's one way to make a first impression, mind telling me what the hell happened?" Lucas mentally kicked himself - that came a lot more hostile than originally planned.

On 3/11/2018 at 1:13 AM, InfiniumV said:

Reveal hidden contents

As the rag-tag group assembled, Feyerit took a quick stock take of who he had with him;

First, a free agent - This one seemed reliable - after all, T'was a bit hard to argue with made-to-order cybernetics, though he did seem a bit singed around the edges, and one look at his armaments would probably explain why. Pyromaniac would be a fitting word for the case.

The Second? One of the rare and vaunted Symbiotes. Not many folks know how to tell the two apart, but one of the biggest indicators was simply the size of the warframe itself - Symbiotes stood a head taller than their Zariman counterparts, and on top of that they were a little stockier too.

And thirdly was the elusive, and quite frankly terrifying Harrow. As well read as Feyerit was, information on the Harrow warframe was elusive as it was horrifying. Entire platoons being locked into position by the BDSM god from hell, and picked off at the Tenno's leisure.

Needless to say, there was an underlying fear that the Hystruc Salvage Yards might have bitten off more than they could chew, but Feyerit pushed it to the side - To cower in the face of potential profit was madness, especially now.
"Well met, my friends - As for leading you to the boss of our up & coming mission, that comes soon - I'm just here to point you all in the right direction, or if any latecomers show up. But for now, as your entourage is on the way, I feel some introductions are in order."

With a punctual extension of his hand, likely in anticipation of shaking the respective graspers of his newfound associates.
"You may call me Feyerit, I'm the senior supervisor of this facility. It's a pleasure to meet you all, and I feel we're going to make a fabulous team!"

Back on his Liset, Damien snorted in disgust. He had always hated overly-cheerly people, especially when it was because they wanted to get on his good side. Still his diplomacy training kicked in and he managed to control himself. "I am Damien, of Stategic Annihilation, General of the Steel Meridian and hero to the people. The pleasure is all mine, though I'm not quite so sure on the 'team' part. Some of the people here seem-" Damien is cut off by a sudden boom. Looking back, he realizes the cause of the incident is yet another symbiote, this time a Volt-class Warframe. "-A bit unstable. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go see what the hell just happened." The Harrow warframe sprinted over to the site of the accident.

Edited by Cryptix123

On 3/14/2018 at 3:35 AM, EndermanBeast said:

“Oh shi-”

Bane put his arms up to shield himself from the sudden light of the electrical surge, and Marrok barked angrily. «What the-» Bane exclaimed, as Marrok started growling aggressively towards Zan. Marrok didn't like surprises. And the sudden electrical blast which had hurt a new friend was certainly a surprise. Bane lowered his arms and glared at Zan.

«What do you think you're doing?» Bane asked Zan sternly, Bane's translator allowing Zan to understand his Grineer words.

On 3/9/2018 at 9:03 AM, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

As Takar walked towards the Symbiote, she could hear more ships landing behind her, as well as others cutting through the atmosphere on their way in.

Good grief, has every bounty hunter in the system come to this meeting? I thought this was supposed to be a small, quiet affair.

Then, the Symbiote turned around, waved, and practically yelled at her.

Takar was taken back a bit by this. She could tell by her walk that the she-Rhino was boisterous, but she hadn't been expecting her to be that loud.

None-the-less, Takar continued forward until she was within arms reach, extended her hand, and replied;

"Hello, I'm Takar Lathra. May I ask your name?"

Aegia blinked a few times beneath her helm. It was rare that she got to interact with such friendly allies on a regular basis. Most Tenno she encountered were either the silent type or simply cared more about giving themselves a fresh coat of blood-red paint than they did interacting with their fellow warriors. Perhaps it was a side-effect of being children, robbed of a childhood by the Orokin as it were.

It was a breath of fresh air however to meet someone that could simply carry on a conversation.

Aegia returned the Zariman child's handshake as she'd done with the Inaros from before, cementing them (at least in Aegia's mind) as allies.

"I take it you've come for the bounty, yes? Odd that the sum is so high for a mission as simple as this. Perhaps there's some stipulation that we've not been told about. Or perhaps this client is just generous. I can't be sure, though with so many people here already... I'm sure this mission will be interesting nonetheless, don't you think?"

Aegia grins, though the other Tenno can't see it. Though Aegia is sure that her exuberant personality shines through, regardless of armor.

A shocking turn of events!

In the span of a moment, the environment of the hangar had undergone a  very dramatic shift - After all, it was a bit hard to miss what was essentially the peal of thunder and the scream of a very unfortunate Faux-Nox as he was catapulted a few feet into a bunch of storage crates.
What was once quiet and laid back had switched to a frenzy of deploying MOA units and security personnel forming a semicircle around the offender - Not anyone particularly hostile, but when you zap someone considered as the local happy-go-lucky, you're bound to get some form of a reaction.

In which Zan certainly got - From his perspective, nearly everyone in the room was now taking cover, pointing their guns at him or some combination of the two. Many were barking commands at him, their helmets modulators granting the voices a mechanical edge to them.

But the biggest problem? A certain pale-blue Inaros was glaring at him - Judging how there was a barely noticeable twitch, he was far from happy - And on that point, he excused himself from his conversation by crouching and lunging at Zan, Jat Kusar already in hand and with the likely intent to maim and tear the sot limb from lim.

"Whoa-Whoa-Whoa, Hold up, HOLD UP!"

Said attempt to rip-and-tear would fall short as the very same Grineer that Zan had shocked earlier had managed to not only get back up, but break into a full fledged shoulder-charge - Catching the Tenno mid-lunge with enough force to send the Inaros sprawling, tumbling some feet away from the location.
Dusting himself off quickly, J'kotal turned to Zan, and the associates that he was previously with a few seconds ago.

"Play along an' you'll come outta this just fine, orright?" J'kotal whispered harshly - When the resident child-psychopath is considering how best to dismember you, talking it out isn't always the best solution. To that end, he had to do something many would consider utterly suicidal.

"Move."

Hemlock certainly hadn't wasted any time either - No sooner had he touched the floor, he'd brought himself to halt and to an upright position, whipping out and levelling his Quartakk rifle at Zan's head.
As it were however, J'kotal had positioned himself defensively infront of Zan, which would force Hemlock to shoot J'kotal if he wanted to - Judging by Hemlock's stance, he was absolutely livid.

"Heck no. This was just a friendly fire incident, If he wanted ta' kill me, He'd done so with..uh...whatever implements o' killing he has on him" J'kotal began, his tone steady and concluding his sentence with a small chuckle.

This sort of stuff is going to get me killed one day. The clone thought to himself, keeping in between the Zariman that had zapped him earlier, and the other Zariman that wanted to rip the formers guts out.

"So what. He's shown his intent. Stand aside and me deal with this refuse of a Tenno." Hemlock stated, seemingly unwilling listen to reason and let his grudge with his own kin go, keeping the Quartakk levelled with Zan's head - And by proxy, J'kotals.

"No. And you won't dare fire through me either - Look, just put that gun down - There ain't no need for bloodshed this day."
He turns his head slightly to the left, so that he could keep his eyes on Hemlock, but could see his cohorts and defendant in his peripheral vision.
"You mind helpin' me out 'ere? Just dun' do anything stupid like shootin, orright?"

"I can hear you trying to whisper, you moldy git."

Papers Please - Holden, Auger

The orange mass of light that served as the singular 'eye' of Auger seemed to blink twice, the upper holographic box raising in a manner analogous to a raised eyebrow, Perhaps due to the existence of another Cephalon, perhaps due to the nature of the question, but he digressed, He'd made an error of thinking that a syndicate operative wouldn't have access to a Cephalon of some kind.

"Hm. Well, to answer your question operative Holden, The Doorbell is little more than a simple identify-friend-foe system, It's to let the local security systems know in advance that you aren't here for trouble. Additionally, its temporary - A more permanent ID will be supplied once we get our details sorted."

The Cephalons avatar cast one more glance about its surroundings, before leaving a note for Holden & Abaddon to read over.
"If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to call upon me - Now if you do not mind, I am needed elsewhere. I'll look forward to working with you both, provided you deign to follow through with us all."

And with that, the Cephalons avatar winked out of existence, leaving the viewscreen clear and restoring the panorama of the Venusian landscape.

Investigation of the note that Auger left was mostly a means of getting back in touch with the Cephalon, where to go to use the Doorbell program, and local weather conditions. Stormy and with plenty of rainfall, but no trouble for most craft.
Now just to determine the best course of action.

And they keep on coming - Arnast, Daubney,

The approach to the facility was quiet as it was uneventful - The area was currently being inundated in rain, and the sky was laden with stormy weather, the clouds cutting the ambient levels of light by nearly a third.
Despite the almost oppressive atmosphere, the spires of the facility glimmered welcomingly in the torrential rain and gloom - Alas, that wasn't the entry point.

As specified, three kilometers southwest was a com-tower dedicated to the handling of traffic - After activation of their doorbell, Arnast and Daubney would be redirected to the cavern entrance where the beacons pulsed almost rhythmically - With the intent to prevent collision with the granite walling of the cavern.

As they progressed towards the hangar itself, however - It was clear the situation was far from placid, as nearly a third of the apparent personnel were now arranged in a rough semicircle around the source of the ruckus.

A standoff between one particularly irate Inaros, and a small gaggle of independents backing a Volt. As for the how and whys? They'd have to investigate themselves.

As long as they remember to land first, of course.

Edited by InfiniumV
Section 3 dissapeared on me. Had to hurriedly remake it

With the speed of a graceful, elegant bird and the daring of an equally graceful and elegant bird (that would've gotten her several requests to star in a shampoo-slash-perfume commercial), Lysandra turned her head quickly to the commotion.

Unfortunately, she lacked grace of movement, having more in common with an emu or ostrich when making haste without using Tail Wind to charge into a situation. And since the situation demanded tact and a distinct lack of punching and/or shooting, she could draw no similarities to her preferred animal - the great and infinitely psychotic Casuarius casuarius. She instead needed to be something lesser. Something sneakier. Like a penguin.
Actually, she would muse later, Penguins can be really bloody psychotic.

"Hey, woah, ease up!" She shouted, skidding to a halt. "What the bloody blue beach balls on Bellamy station is goin' on?"

Takar was about to respond to Aegia's question when she heard a commotion behind her. Turning around quickly, she saw J'kotal go flying away from a Volt warframe that had taken on a rather confused (and fearful) stance.

She turned back to Aegia and said, "Sorry to cut this short, but this looks like a misunderstanding waiting to happen."

She then turned back and, despite her misgivings about it, entered the Void and practically flew over to the incident, dropping back out of the void just a few meters behind Hemlock.

She saw the very large group of Security forces with their weapons trained on the Volt, with J'kotal actually defending him, surprisingly enough.

"Hey!", she called out, "Calm down. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for all of this, but we won't find it by attacking each other."

With that, she walks around Hemlock towards J'kotal, channeling Void energy in her right hand, manifesting it as a healing light.

"Here, let me help you."

Arnast let the autopilot land the ship for him, exiting the ship in mid-air. He landed on the landing pad, Fang daggers in hand, ship docking on its own.. He observed the standoff, ready to do some stabbing if need be. He slowly walked closer to the standoff, moving silently. He didn't cloak himself yet, not seeing a purpose in wasting energy on something potentially harmless.

I was expecting something a bit more... organized. Arnast thought to himself. Apparently, they're already at each other's throats. Disappointing.

Edited by Daakjenaar

On 3/11/2018 at 4:13 AM, InfiniumV said:

Reveal hidden contents

The Comba seemed pretty peppy despite the horrified looks he received from the staff, something that Magnus made sure to make a mental note of. The bounty hunter glanced at the other gathered recruits around him. A rather "large" Female Tenno, one that left a mixed impression on Magnus, a "too big for his britches" Harrow who instantly sat the wrong way with Magnus and the "cheery Corpus skater". 

"Great" Magnus thought to himself

Before he could prod the Comba for more information, however, a commotion caught his attention.

"What's this all about?" He muttered. 

The Hunter whirled around and lumbered over to the scene unfolding in front of him. With a curious eye, he sat by and watched the three talk.

"This'll be fun" He chuckled quietly

On 2018-03-28 at 12:04 AM, InfiniumV said:

Hide contents

In the span of a moment, the environment of the hangar had undergone a  very dramatic shift - After all, it was a bit hard to miss what was essentially the peal of thunder and the scream of a very unfortunate Faux-Nox as he was catapulted a few feet into a bunch of storage crates.
What was once quiet and laid back had switched to a frenzy of deploying MOA units and security personnel forming a semicircle around the offender - Not anyone particularly hostile, but when you zap someone considered as the local happy-go-lucky, you're bound to get some form of a reaction.

In which Zan certainly got - From his perspective, nearly everyone in the room was now taking cover, pointing their guns at him or some combination of the two. Many were barking commands at him, their helmets modulators granting the voices a mechanical edge to them.

But the biggest problem? A certain pale-blue Inaros was glaring at him - Judging how there was a barely noticeable twitch, he was far from happy - And on that point, he excused himself from his conversation by crouching and lunging at Zan, Jat Kusar already in hand and with the likely intent to maim and tear the sot limb from lim.

Said attempt to rip-and-tear would fall short as the very same Grineer that Zan had shocked earlier had managed to not only get back up, but break into a full fledged shoulder-charge - Catching the Tenno mid-lunge with enough force to send the Inaros sprawling, tumbling some feet away from the location.
Dusting himself off quickly, J'kotal turned to Zan, and the associates that he was previously with a few seconds ago.

"Play along an' you'll come outta this just fine, orright?" J'kotal whispered harshly - When the resident child-psychopath is considering how best to dismember you, talking it out isn't always the best solution. To that end, he had to do something many would consider utterly suicidal.

"Move."

Hemlock certainly hadn't wasted any time either - No sooner had he touched the floor, he'd brought himself to halt and to an upright position, whipping out and levelling his Quartakk rifle at Zan's head.
As it were however, J'kotal had positioned himself defensively infront of Zan, which would force Hemlock to shoot J'kotal if he wanted to - Judging by Hemlock's stance, he was absolutely livid.

"Heck no. This was just a friendly fire incident, If he wanted ta' kill me, He'd done so with..uh...whatever implements o' killing he has on him" J'kotal began, his tone steady and concluding his sentence with a small chuckle.

This sort of stuff is going to get me killed one day. The clone thought to himself, keeping in between the Zariman that had zapped him earlier, and the other Zariman that wanted to rip the formers guts out.

"So what. He's shown his intent. Stand aside and me deal with this refuse of a Tenno." Hemlock stated, seemingly unwilling listen to reason and let his grudge with his own kin go, keeping the Quartakk levelled with Zan's head - And by proxy, J'kotals.

"No. And you won't dare fire through me either - Look, just put that gun down - There ain't no need for bloodshed this day."
He turns his head slightly to the left, so that he could keep his eyes on Hemlock, but could see his cohorts and defendant in his peripheral vision.
"You mind helpin' me out 'ere? Just dun' do anything stupid like shootin, orright?"

«Calm down, Tenno.» Bane said sternly towards Hemlock. Marrok was growling even more now, seeing the act of aggression by the bloodthirsty Tenno as a potential threat and was ready to pounce at any moment. Bane sighed, and continued speaking. His translator allowed Hemlock to understand what he was saying. «What the Nox says is true - this Volt Tenno here is just as startled as you are. There was no intent behind the act, certainly not one of threat. I could see it clearly. If anything, you're the threat here, ready to kill one of your own Tenno brothers in a bloodthirsty rage.» Bane said towards Hemlock.

«This was a simple accident. Do not make it any more than that.»

Edited by Agent_Maine

On 3/27/2018 at 11:04 PM, InfiniumV said:

Hide contents

"Move."

He knew that this would end badly as soon as it started. Not only had three quarters of the base personnel decided to show up for the party, the situation had devolved from a somewhat tense misunderstanding to a full-blown Mexican standoff involving most of the operatives in the hangar area. 

'Well, it had to go tits up sometime during this mission - may as well be sooner rather than later...'

Deciding to try and defuse the situation (knowing full well that his "Diplomacy" helped escalate this situation in the first place), He turned his attention to the Inaros.

"Look, Sandman. Honest Mistakes happen - No use tearing up a volt for forgetting to discharge after a brisk jog. So level that gun before the security personnel or the other operatives get any ideas..."

Just in case, he rested his hand on his Lex - can't be too careful with a pissed off tenno, after all.

Edited by Locky122
added a little more detail...

On 3/27/2018 at 9:04 AM, InfiniumV said:

Papers Please - Holden, Auger

Hide contents

The orange mass of light that served as the singular 'eye' of Auger seemed to blink twice, the upper holographic box raising in a manner analogous to a raised eyebrow, Perhaps due to the existence of another Cephalon, perhaps due to the nature of the question, but he digressed, He'd made an error of thinking that a syndicate operative wouldn't have access to a Cephalon of some kind.

"Hm. Well, to answer your question operative Holden, The Doorbell is little more than a simple identify-friend-foe system, It's to let the local security systems know in advance that you aren't here for trouble. Additionally, its temporary - A more permanent ID will be supplied once we get our details sorted."

The Cephalons avatar cast one more glance about its surroundings, before leaving a note for Holden & Abaddon to read over.
"If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to call upon me - Now if you do not mind, I am needed elsewhere. I'll look forward to working with you both, provided you deign to follow through with us all."

And with that, the Cephalons avatar winked out of existence, leaving the viewscreen clear and restoring the panorama of the Venusian landscape.

Investigation of the note that Auger left was mostly a means of getting back in touch with the Cephalon, where to go to use the Doorbell program, and local weather conditions. Stormy and with plenty of rainfall, but no trouble for most craft.
Now just to determine the best course of action.

"Abaddon, inform the Vicar that I am going in. Keep on alert for if the Council wishes my immediate extraction." Holden input a few keystrokes into his ship's controls panel, the ship turning slightly as it jetted down towards where the Doorbell Program's designated location was at. Hopefully once he was inside whatever was happening here, he would be able to get more information- he was still mostly in the dark.

He got up from the pilot seat, and moved into the back half of his cruiser- a more luxurious and yet sinister room, tailored for when Holden had to conduct diplomatic meetings within the safety of his own ship. A fireplace, although completely holographic, burned in the center of the side wall. Above it, a thread of thick ringed, jagged, black chain hung, its ends frayed and warped by the Void. Artwork hung around the room as well, ancient paintings from the early Orokin era.
Holden pressed a button on the wall, a panel lifting up to expose a hidden weapon rack. The weapons themselves were neatly arranged on a dark, velvety surface. The two halves of a Dark Split-Sword lay next to each other in a V, with a polished, gleaming Rakta Dark Dagger bridging the bottom gap to form a complete triangle. Above the three blades, the glossy surface of a Rakta Cernos sat upon a black, wrought iron stand, a quiver of arrows resting against it. Below the weapons, in a row on a shelf rested a dozen vials of a pale yellow cream, each one marked with the Red Veil's insignia.

It would be best for him to take the minimal amount of weaponry for now. He didn't want to come off as particularly threatening. He gingerly picked up the Dark Dagger, caressing the flat of the weapon while whispering a Veil blessing. He dipped two red gloved fingers into one of the vials, wiping the gel across the blade of the knife.

"Oh watcher of the eternal and finite, guide my edge through the hearts of those who art mine enemy. Let thy hallowed chains protect me, thy harrowed stars light my path. And by the incense of your temple, may the Veil prevail in all. No cost too great. No blood too precious."

Holden slipped the dagger into a hidden pouch on the side of his calf and waited for the ship to land.

On 27/03/2018 at 2:04 PM, InfiniumV said:

Reveal hidden contents

"Move."

What had Zan done? What was before a seemingly quiet hanger, had now become something much worse. An Inaros was holding a Grineer weapon at him, a swarm of Moas formed a circle around him and Zan was clearly frightened. Everyone had their eyes on him.

"It was a mistake! Seriously! I didn't mean no ill intent.", he said to the Inaros, stumbling to try find the right words for it.  Zan looked around and saw that there were some that were actually helping, trying to say that it was an accident. "Thank you." He said quietly, so only he was the only one that could hear.

"It was just a simple accident. A one-off. Honestly, I won't do it again, and it won't happen again."

"Hm," Daubeny grunted as his ship was redirected towards a cave entrance. Having grown up inhaling red dust along the dry Marsian landscape, he did not care much for cold or endless ocean. Once his eyes caught the Volt he drew a long breath. It was not unexpected that Tenno had answered the call. Given its contents and appearance it would not be far fetched to venture that it was meant for them. Working with those mass war machines was a bit of a hit and miss, with a miss hitting the gas tank beside the target and blowing the whole party up. There were still plenty of good Tenno out there, however. He had seen them fighting for the Meridian, had seen them shield women and children with their own bodies. He wasn't a man to judge so quickly, for he was a Knight. Lost in thought, he didn't notice the dull thump of his craft landing on the zone provided until the doors swung open.

• 4 weeks later...

The return of reason - All parties

The situation had seemingly gone from a scene of laid back reassurance into a hair-trigger standoff between two groups - To be fair, most of the crewmen wanted this to be over so that they could get back to work and not be in the firing line of the most lethal golems in the origin system.
It also should point out that one party was quite outmatched, and his support was all to likely to not support.

"It was a mistake! Seriously! I didn't mean no ill intent." But the plea fell on deaf ears and a silence.

But this is Hemlock, and his apathy had gutted him a long time ago - His gaze was transfixed on the offending Volt. It didn't matter in his eyes that Zan hadn't done anything malicious or had any offensive intent at all, he'd just made himself a problem.
Hemlock didn't like problems. Hemlock didn't really like anything at this point.

"It was just a simple accident. A one-off. Honestly, I won't do it again, and it won't happen again." More noises from the interloper.

Regardless, when the entirety of the Hangar bay practically was either; A - Glaring at you. B - Pointing their Gun at you. C - Staring you down and finally D - Trying to talk you down, it made Hemlock start considering the situation rather deeply. Deeper than the usual tedium, as for once this seemed like an accident - The Volt caught-in-the-headlights as it were. Regardless, he kept the Quartakk leveled on the offender despite the fact that J'kotal stood in the way like the impertinent sot he was.

Then everything went a million miles a minute. The sound of talons and rapid footfalls meant that another Tenno was coming to intercede - Allready coiled like a spring, Hemlock waited for an attack -

"Hey, woah, ease up!" A Zephyr, grinding to a halt as she stood in a ready, but idle position. He could see her, but only via his peripherals.
- That would never come. It was a symbiote. Good for the mission, He presumed. 

"What the bloody blue beach balls on Bellamy station is goin' on?" The Zephyr would continue,

"Hey!" Another voice, Female, and much younger.

It was at this moment that another party decided to stick their nose into these affairs as he felt the void shimmer and flow. Another Tenno, A Zariman like himself - The way the latent energy felt was more akin to water than anything. The culprit, one Takar Lathra then stepped into view, going around him and to J'kotals side and manifesting her latent powers as a healing light.

"Calm down. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for all of this, but we won't find it by attacking each other." Another reprimand. Hemlock remained quiet.

But when Takar appeared from behind him, Hemlocks head tilted enough to catch her in his sight and then was promptly pushed that little bit further into his nigh-livid state, but his somatic training had kicked in and the only hint of his vexation was that he was twitching ever so slightly. The fact that she hadn't attempted to attack was even further proof of a peaceful intent and proof that there would be no fighting. Yet.

"Look, Sandman. Honest Mistakes happen - No use tearing up a volt for forgetting to discharge after a brisk jog. So level that gun before the security personnel or the other operatives get any ideas..."
Another voice. This one, however was a fellow that J'kotal spoke highly of. He was a simple, human being. One named Lucas, who had somehow managed to survive the hellish trap that was the Fortuna.

How he survived this long, Hemlock didn't know but before he could even conceive of another thought, yet another voice piped in - Hoarse and a tad ragged, it took no genius to guess who it would belong to.
«Calm down, Tenno.» 

This grineer was certainly...different. A mask concealed most of his features and...Wait. Why was he wearing a shield for a hat?!
 «What the Nox says is true - this Volt Tenno here is just as startled as you are. There was no intent behind the act, certainly not one of threat. I could see it clearly. If anything, you're the threat here, ready to kill one of your own Tenno brothers in a bloodthirsty rage.» 
«This was a simple accident. Do not make in any more than that.»

The slate-blue Inaros kept his weapon leveled at the Volt - His position however, had lessened somewhat as he began pondering the validity of the statements he had heard. At last he seemed to see reason and returned his rifle to his back holster and returned to an upright stance. For those with a keener eye, they'd be able to see that he was far from happy.
"I...see." A quick clear of his throat. "I...Apologize for my rash actions, Tenno. You may continue as you were." and with that, Hemlock performed a quick bow and then turned to depart - Personally, he was still fuming a little but they were speaking the truth.

As the slate-blue git walked away, J'kotal practically felt the collective sigh of relief - Turning to Zan, he tapped him on the shoulder rather firmly.
"Oi. You. Lookit what yer shock did to me 'air." Even though he was wearing the hood most Nox troops would wear, J'kotal was one of the lucky few grineer that had natural hair - And what little stuck out of the hood happened to be standing on end due to the residual shock from the earlier incident.

"You owe me a damn beer or two now." J'kotal stated as he crossed his arms and leaned back casually - Before noting that he felt inexplicably reinvigorated, and turned to another ally from the Fortuna. And now he was grinning ear to ear to see yet another friend of his.

"Takar! Damnit, if anyone was going to answer the bosses call, I knew it'd be you! How've you been?"

The Reporter, The Revenant, The Raider - Disruptis, Allmighty Jado

With the situation at last dying down, Feyerit had almost joined the collective sigh of relief when he noticed yet more visitors had now arrived in the hangar. Now Feyerit was fairly easygoing but with all the commotion he was starting to get worried that his fathers coffers mightn't be enough to pay for their fees. And now on top of that, a certain series of operatives had now arrived - Each one more odd than the last.

His helmet had inbuilt facial recognition and more oft than not utilized it for convenience - With a glance he had reactivated the energy skates and was gliding towards one of the newer arrivals of the facility - A peculiar figure for certs as he was clad in armor that plain out seemed ancient for the times they were living in, but Feyerit was well learned enough to know that even if something spectacularly old fashioned, that it could still outcompete or outperform its equivalent.

Regardless, the Omni-comba began gliding towards the armored fellow, fishing out one of the many ID chips in his pocket.
"Hail, my strange friend - I imagine your here for the b-b-bou...er..." Feyerit stopped mid-sentence, his arm frozen in a half extended positon as his head traced the vessel of another applicant.

And to the Corpus, the visage of death itself - As the jagged vessel laid itself down in the hanger, many crewmen became visibly agitated - The Veil were known throughout the system, and the fact that one had showed up in the hanger reinforced the notion that the Veil was now watching intently. Feyerit himself was practically shaking in his shoes and he considered himself to have at least half a spine. He turned back to Daubney, practically thrusting the ID-Tag into his grip uttering a quick apology for his rudeness before mustering what courage he could in order to face the latest newcomer, disabling his skates as he did so.

As Holden himself departed from his vessel, he'd be able to feel the tangible aura of dread around him - A scant few were brave enough to gaze upon him, but all were trying to make it look like they weren't aware of him in the hopes that his wrath would not be incurred. Most just wanted to go about their day-to-day activities, not face a Veil. The quiet would be interrupted as the tap of metal boot heels began inching closer before a less than discreet cough,

"Ah, Wel...Welcome to the Hystruc Salvage Yards my friend, I-I Trust you will need this?" Feyerit extended his hand, with one of the ID chips in hand, smiling a nervous smile - However, Holden would be able to read his body language in that he was quite frankly, terrified.
Feyerit was just hoping this gray-maned fellow wasn't going to plant one right between his eyes.

The Omitted Arrival - Daakjenar

1 hour ago, InfiniumV said:

The return of reason - All parties

Hide contents

The situation had seemingly gone from a scene of laid back reassurance into a hair-trigger standoff between two groups - To be fair, most of the crewmen wanted this to be over so that they could get back to work and not be in the firing line of the most lethal golems in the origin system.
It also should point out that one party was quite outmatched, and his support was all to likely to not support.

"It was a mistake! Seriously! I didn't mean no ill intent." But the plea fell on deaf ears and a silence.

But this is Hemlock, and his apathy had gutted him a long time ago - His gaze was transfixed on the offending Volt. It didn't matter in his eyes that Zan hadn't done anything malicious or had any offensive intent at all, he'd just made himself a problem.
Hemlock didn't like problems. Hemlock didn't really like anything at this point.

"It was just a simple accident. A one-off. Honestly, I won't do it again, and it won't happen again." More noises from the interloper.

Regardless, when the entirety of the Hangar bay practically was either; A - Glaring at you. B - Pointing their Gun at you. C - Staring you down and finally D - Trying to talk you down, it made Hemlock start considering the situation rather deeply. Deeper than the usual tedium, as for once this seemed like an accident - The Volt caught-in-the-headlights as it were. Regardless, he kept the Quartakk leveled on the offender despite the fact that J'kotal stood in the way like the impertinent sot he was.

Then everything went a million miles a minute. The sound of talons and rapid footfalls meant that another Tenno was coming to intercede - Allready coiled like a spring, Hemlock waited for an attack -

"Hey, woah, ease up!" A Zephyr, grinding to a halt as she stood in a ready, but idle position. He could see her, but only via his peripherals.
- That would never come. It was a symbiote. Good for the mission, He presumed. 

"What the bloody blue beach balls on Bellamy station is goin' on?" The Zephyr would continue,

"Hey!" Another voice, Female, and much younger.

It was at this moment that another party decided to stick their nose into these affairs as he felt the void shimmer and flow. Another Tenno, A Zariman like himself - The way the latent energy felt was more akin to water than anything. The culprit, one Takar Lathra then stepped into view, going around him and to J'kotals side and manifesting her latent powers as a healing light.

"Calm down. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for all of this, but we won't find it by attacking each other." Another reprimand. Hemlock remained quiet.

But when Takar appeared from behind him, Hemlocks head tilted enough to catch her in his sight and then was promptly pushed that little bit further into his nigh-livid state, but his somatic training had kicked in and the only hint of his vexation was that he was twitching ever so slightly. The fact that she hadn't attempted to attack was even further proof of a peaceful intent and proof that there would be no fighting. Yet.

Another voice. This one, however was a fellow that J'kotal spoke highly of. He was a simple, human being. One named Lucas, who had somehow managed to survive the hellish trap that was the Fortuna.

How he survived this long, Hemlock didn't know but before he could even conceive of another thought, yet another voice piped in - Hoarse and a tad ragged, it took no genius to guess who it would belong to.
«Calm down, Tenno.» 

This grineer was certainly...different. A mask concealed most of his features and...Wait. Why was he wearing a shield for a hat?!
 «What the Nox says is true - this Volt Tenno here is just as startled as you are. There was no intent behind the act, certainly not one of threat. I could see it clearly. If anything, you're the threat here, ready to kill one of your own Tenno brothers in a bloodthirsty rage.» 
«This was a simple accident. Do not make in any more than that.»

The slate-blue Inaros kept his weapon leveled at the Volt - His position however, had lessened somewhat as he began pondering the validity of the statements he had heard. At last he seemed to see reason and returned his rifle to his back holster and returned to an upright stance. For those with a keener eye, they'd be able to see that he was far from happy.
"I...see." A quick clear of his throat. "I...Apologize for my rash actions, Tenno. You may continue as you were." and with that, Hemlock performed a quick bow and then turned to depart - Personally, he was still fuming a little but they were speaking the truth.

Bane sighed as Hemlock lowered his weapon and left. Crisis averted. Marrok stopped growling - having recognized that the threat was gone. «Not even an hour here and something has already happened. What a mess.» He remarked, sighing once again. This mission was supposed to be fairly lighter and less tiring than what he was used to - but now, he was cautious, especially with the large amount of Tenno and Mercenaries who had come. Any one of them could potentially act in a way similar to that of Hemlock. And he wasn't fond of troublemakers.

5 hours ago, InfiniumV said:

"You owe me a damn beer or two now." J'kotal stated as he crossed his arms and leaned back casually - Before noting that he felt inexplicably reinvigorated, and turned to another ally from the Fortuna. And now he was grinning ear to ear to see yet another friend of his.

"Takar! Damnit, if anyone was going to answer the bosses call, I knew it'd be you! How've you been?"

"How am I? You take a thousand volts of electricity up your arm and you ask how I'm doing? I'm just glad you aren't hurt. And I know you act half-insane most of the time, but what possessed you to grab a Volt by his capacitance coils? You're lucky the worst you got from it was a wild ride and bad hair."

Takar paused for breath, then continued.

"But, if you really must know, I've been fine. I was able to talk to a few of the others here, and this is shaping up to be very interesting. And with as many are here, I almost feel like we could take on an entire space station if asked to.

"I only hope that we aren't too large to form a cohesive group. That, and that I can still manage my battle vision with so many allies on the field."

Lysandra let out a sigh of relief. Any situation involving that many Tenno would've been the equivalent of an exterminatus.
Which would've been a shame. Venus has some amazing cities.

On 2018-04-05 at 8:32 PM, EndermanBeast said:

Boop oop a KABOOM

"You alright?" She asked the Volt, walking up to him. "Ya look like a wreck if ya don't mind me sayin'."

6 hours ago, Agent_Maine said:

Bane sighed as Hemlock lowered his weapon and left. Crisis averted. Marrok stopped growling - having recognized that the threat was gone. «Not even an hour here and something has already happened. What a mess.» He remarked, sighing once again. This mission was supposed to be fairly lighter and less tiring than what he was used to - but now, he was cautious, especially with the large amount of Tenno and Mercenaries who had come. Any one of them could potentially act in a way similar to that of Hemlock. And he wasn't fond of troublemakers.

Lucas had a laugh at the newcomer's comment, and put in his own two cents.

"Y'know, that's exactly what I was thinking as this started to escalate. Also, we might have to keep an eye on him - if he snaps like that in the mission, with a crowd like this in tow? There mightn't be a ship left to protect..."

Suddenly realising that he hadn't gone and introduced himself, he went to correct that.

"Sh*t, forgot introductions - Lucas Edwards. J'kotal was about to introduce us until things went tits-up. May as well pick up where he left off." He said, extending his hand as a friendly gesture.

10 hours ago, Locky122 said:

Lucas had a laugh at the newcomer's comment, and put in his own two cents.

"Y'know, that's exactly what I was thinking as this started to escalate. Also, we might have to keep an eye on him - if he snaps like that in the mission, with a crowd like this in tow? There mightn't be a ship left to protect..."

Suddenly realising that he hadn't gone and introduced himself, he went to correct that.

"Sh*t, forgot introductions - Lucas Edwards. J'kotal was about to introduce us until things went tits-up. May as well pick up where he left off." He said, extending his hand as a friendly gesture.

Bane shook Lucas' hand. «I am Bane, and this is my Drahk, Marrok.» He said. «Before you ask, yes, I'm a Grineer, no, I am not a part of the Grineer Empire and I left it long ago. Working as a Mercenary suited me much better.» Marrok went up to Lucas, watching him closely. It was obvious that Marrok was a very cautious Drahk, making sure that no one was a threat to him or his master, Bane. However, Marrok didn't do anything else, indicating that he felt that there was no threat from Lucas.

On 2018-03-27 at 9:52 AM, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Takar was about to respond to Aegia's question when she heard a commotion behind her. Turning around quickly, she saw J'kotal go flying away from a Volt warframe that had taken on a rather confused (and fearful) stance.

She turned back to Aegia and said, "Sorry to cut this short, but this looks like a misunderstanding waiting to happen."

She then turned back and, despite her misgivings about it, entered the Void and practically flew over to the incident, dropping back out of the void just a few meters behind Hemlock.

The She-Rhino simply sighs and shakes her head as she watches the Tenno zip away with a shimmer of void energy, leaving her alone once more. She chuckles underneath her breath and sighs, crossing her arms underneath her bust and simply watching the commotion further down the hangar. They hadn't even been briefed yet, and already something had gone wrong.

"These children will certainly make the mission interesting, that's for sure."

And as much as Aegia wanted to simply head inside and wait around for everyone to show up while she tried to seek out their generous employer... It was far too easy to stand and watch, leaning on her hammer all the while. From here it looked as if the Inaros she had spoken with was getting ready to blow away the hapless Volt that had inadvertently started the debacle. But they were being talked down it seemed. The Inaros had also been on edge around her earlier as well, and now he seemed ready to simply fire upon another Tenno. Perhaps Hemlock simply needed to be spoken with more than in passing. Surely there was some root cause.

He was walking away now, but even Aegia, in all her boisterous nature, knew  this perhaps wasn't the best time to try and speak with him. A cooldown period was needed. Confident that the situation was under control and didn't need another intervention, this time by the giant Rhino, she turned around and continued on her way.