Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible lore inconsistency (apostasy prologue spoilers)

Lambusy-Jr.

Hey there!

This might have been brought up before or maybe i'm just misunderstanding something, but there is something weird i noticed.
In the apostasy prologue, we see finally see ballas, that is we finally see an orokin face to face, and he has semi-golden skin and weird claws. 
As I understand it, the tenno are just orokin who entered the void, but our operators look more or less like normal humans!
Did the void make them look more normal?

Also, when ordis asks us if everything is in "ordis" he seems very disturbed by making a pun, but when he tells us our chosen warframe "suits" us he doesn't care, and even laughs at his own joke!

I don't know, sometimes it just feels like i'm not getting the realism i was expecting from my space ninja simulator.

Balas was one of the highest ranked orokin in existence the orokin where decadent and had a lot of spare time and frivolous desire they modified their bodies genetically and cyberneticaly and valued looking unique above all else. its more than likely he did that to himself with genetic therapy simply so that he stood out or he liked the asthetic.

As other folks have pointed out, Tenno were fairly ordinary citizens of the Orokin Empire prior to the Zariman incident. The Orokin themselves, the upper class, were not bound to ordinary human bodies, as described in The War Within. They pursued higher beauty and were often described as being visually different from other humans, particularly in color. I had originally thought this was just because they bedecked themselves in golden clothing and jewelry, but Ballas shows that at least some Orokin changed their bodies well beyond the typical human form and hue. The children who became the Tenno were lower class citizens and therefore did not have access to the body manipulation technology of the Orokin proper.

21 minutes ago, Lambusy-Jr. said:

Hey there!

This might have been brought up before or maybe i'm just misunderstanding something, but there is something weird i noticed.
In the apostasy prologue, we see finally see ballas, that is we finally see an orokin face to face, and he has semi-golden skin and weird claws. 
As I understand it, the tenno are just orokin who entered the void, but our operators look more or less like normal humans!
Did the void make them look more normal?

Also, when ordis asks us if everything is in "ordis" he seems very disturbed by making a pun, but when he tells us our chosen warframe "suits" us he doesn't care, and even laughs at his own joke!

I don't know, sometimes it just feels like i'm not getting the realism i was expecting from my space ninja simulator.

Not everyone in the Orokin Empire was Orokin.

Only the immortals were Orokin. The ones who had drunk the red vial and could change bodies to live forever.

All the other people in the empire belonged to different classes, castes or races.

Plus, we don't know what happened to Ballas during all these centuries. All "races" and castes were human, however with the technology the Orokin had, they could easily change their bodies to look something entirelly different. Maybe Ballas body decayed over the centuries, we don't know.

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM

I see 3 possible explanations for Ballas' appearance.

1. Ballas is an Orokin Lorist (Read: Corrupted Ancient imprint.) They are implied to be what the infested ancients once were. Note the shared skin colour, long right arm, orokin crown(?) on the back, and telepathic link to allies that is capable of healing them. 

2. The centuries (or millennia) have not been kind to Ballas / Surviving this long came at a price. Perhaps related to #1.

3. The Orokin elite had vastly different perceptions of beauty.

Maybe even all of the above.

As for Ordis, his entire character gimmick is instability.

10 minutes ago, Kjahla81 said:

I like to think that Ballas may have injected himself with infested blood. That it allowed him to live longer but at a cost. 

I mean the long arm and skin color just screams Infested Ancient.

That doesn't make sense at all, but whatever.

25 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

That doesn't make sense at all, but whatever.

Ballas is alive. How? We know about the Continuity and how the Orokin use it to prolong their life. So unless he kept using it on some cryopod on Lua what could be an alternative?

My theory is somewhat based on the  Synthesis imprint for the Corrupted Ancient. It kind of gives us the idea that Ancients maybe mutated Orokin.  So maybe Ballas found a way to prolong his life using infested blood. It could explained the skin color and the elongated arm.

It's just first thing  that came to mind from the initial concept art and seeing it in a game. 

Edited by Kjahla81

11 minutes ago, Kjahla81 said:

Ballas is alive. How? 

Well, you said it yourself, continuity.

12 minutes ago, Kjahla81 said:

My theory is somewhat based on the  Synthesis imprint for the Corrupted Ancient. It kind of gives us the idea that Ancients maybe mutated Orokin.

Well duh, yes Ancients were Orokins, you don't need a background story to figure that out.

14 minutes ago, Kjahla81 said:

So maybe Ballas found a way to prolong his life using infested blood.

What? You said it already. Continuity.

16 minutes ago, Kjahla81 said:

It's just first thing  that came to mind from the initial concept art and seeing it in a game. 

Well think about it harder, don't jump to conclusions.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)IceTriden7 said:

I see 3 possible explanations for Ballas' appearance.

1. Ballas is an Orokin Lorist (Read: Corrupted Ancient imprint.) They are implied to be what the infested ancients once were. Note the shared skin colour, long right arm, orokin crown(?) on the back, and telepathic link to allies that is capable of healing them. 

2. The centuries (or millennia) have not been kind to Ballas / Surviving this long came at a price. Perhaps related to #1.

3. The Orokin elite had vastly different perceptions of beauty.

Maybe even all of the above.

As for Ordis, his entire character gimmick is instability.

You're first point was the same thing l was thinking.

That maybe he couldn't use the Continuity after Lotus/Margulis hid the Tenno. So he used the Lorist technology  to stay alive. Like a modified version that so he wouldn't completely become infested but it changed him slightly like we see in game.

Edited by Kjahla81