The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Giving the Telos Boltace Another Chance

(PSN)TertulSee

After so long after the nerf, I think it’s time to give the Telos Boltace another chance. The Weapons isn’t up to its previous glory but it’s a good weapon nonetheless. The pull is useful for gathering large amounts of enemies and it can very easily kill all of them. Condition Overload is a monster on this thing so I don’t understand why people wouldn’t give it a bit more attention. 

I like the boltace, but only quick melee. Stormpath pushes enemies away and rag dolls them. It is essentially what we don't want from damage 2.5 as a weapon passive. I refuse to use Boltace equipped, and unless they give it a new passive, I will continue to use only quick melee. The weapon has good stats, but DE completely destroyed the weapon instead of removing the forced slash procs or allowing mods to affect the passive.

7 hours ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

After so long after the nerf, I think it’s time to give the Telos Boltace another chance. The Weapons isn’t up to its previous glory but it’s a good weapon nonetheless. The pull is useful for gathering large amounts of enemies and it can very easily kill all of them. Condition Overload is a monster on this thing so I don’t understand why people wouldn’t give it a bit more attention. 

They #*($%%@ up the new passive. Telos boltace has a low range, so the first part of the passive is good, bringing enemies close to you. But than when you want to finish them, with the most powerful attack, spin attack, it trows them away? How does this make sense!!!! I'm still to salty from the massive nerf, going from the previous dmg dealing one to a CC one?!?! They could have just nerfed the damage it dealt instead of making it unenjoyable to play. DEs way of nerfing weapons to the ground, going from most used into the least.

The biggest reason why it got nerfed was because people were complaining when someone cleared all the maps in low lvl missions. But nothing has really changed, just take a dps frame, atterax, secura lecta, scoliac and you can do the same. Like i said, some number changes would be a better nerf than a passive change.

Edited by PakkiTheDog

You all make valid points but just as a weapon, it’s pretty decent. I’m not just judging it by it’s mechanics. What’s the point of Mechanics if the stats aren’t good. From what I can tell, the stats for the weapon are pretty good. Just put on a Condition Overload and you’ll be golden. Plus, I’m basically advertising the aesthetic. I don’t know why people don’t like it’s design. Too Edgy or something?

10 minutes ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

You all make valid points but just as a weapon, it’s pretty decent. I’m not just judging it by it’s mechanics. What’s the point of Mechanics if the stats aren’t good. From what I can tell, the stats for the weapon are pretty good. Just put on a Condition Overload and you’ll be golden. Plus, I’m basically advertising the aesthetic. I don’t know why people don’t like it’s design. Too Edgy or something?

a) It's a Tonfa, low range, uncomfortable stances, good slide attack, or at least it would be if...

b) Slide attacks send the enemies flying, so you either spam the passive so you get a couple seconds of breathing, or remember that there are better melees.

c) The stats are decent, but you need better than decent if you want people to sacrifice a weapon slot for a weapon class that's otherwise tedious.

d) Telos Boltace survived on Gimmick alone, it was the only part of it that made it stand out, now, the Gimmick is gone, and a worse gimmick is in its place, which means...

e) The only good reason to run Telos Boltace, is liking it.

Edited by Jicematoro