Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silly question: canceling/exiting emotes

Ham_Grenabe

Question

Before I go find a place to make a feature request, I thought I'd check to see if I've missed something: when I activate an emote (say, the Pendulum Narta), I can't stop doing the emote until I select it again to switch it off.

Is there another way to cancel an emote? It doesn't appear that moving or aiming stops the emote, and it would be nice if I could just move a little bit to end it. Have I overlooked an action that cancels ongoing emotes?

4 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Before I go find a place to make a feature request, I thought I'd check to see if I've missed something: when I activate an emote (say, the Pendulum Narta), I can't stop doing the emote until I select it again to switch it off.

Is there another way to cancel an emote? It doesn't appear that moving or aiming stops the emote, and it would be nice if I could just move a little bit to end it. Have I overlooked an action that cancels ongoing emotes?

bring up the menu, it turns off as if you hit the emote again

35 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

There used to be a way when you moved (W, A, S, D on the PC or the move pad on the consoles), it you halted the Q inventory emotes.  I think that was removed in some unspecified update recently (like the last year) upon player request(s) and you have to go back into the submenu to stop it from continuing.  

1 hour ago, MBaldelli said:

There used to be a way when you moved (W, A, S, D on the PC or the move pad on the consoles), it you halted the Q inventory emotes.  I think that was removed in some unspecified update recently (like the last year) upon player request(s) and you have to go back into the submenu to stop it from continuing.  

It'd be nice if the dances stopped when you jumped or SOMETHING, I thought it was always like that and didn't know it was changed because people complained.