Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[DE]Community Shared Inbox

[DE]Helen

3 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

We are opening a global [DE]Community Inbox to serve you better!

We've noticed that everyone in the Community Team had crammed inboxes with many duplicate messages. To make sure nobody's message goes unseen for long periods of time, we are using a global inbox that will be answered by the first available Community staff!

That's great, i hope it works well & being able to give big efficiency for both Developers and the Community

Are there guidelines for using this PM feature? I'm not entirely clear on what it is for.

Is this something we can give feedback through? What is an "urgent" matter to be handled by the community staff that wouldn't be better qualified as a support ticket? The only times I've PMed staff in the past were to shamelessly promote feedback that was receiving a decent amount of attention, and I feel like even that would be entirely unnecessary if there were simply more staff replies (and continued discussion) in particularly active and/or common threads.

8 hours ago, D20 said:

Really cool feature. Looking foward to see how it will be used. :)

6 hours ago, Chroia said:

Interesting idea.

Looking forward to seeing how this works out.

I mean...is there anything to look forward to? Not trying to be rude or anything of the sorts, sincere apologies if I come across as such, but this doesn't really seem like the "looking forward to" type thing. It will either prove useful or not, there's really no in between.

10 hours ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

What kind of information is this community inbox meant for?

I assume it's for anything you'd normally PM to someone like, say, Danielle. Rather than sending it to one person, or sending copies to multiple people, you send one to the entire team, so whoever is available can answer it.

Community Inbox was legitimately confusing until we read this post. Are we messaging the whole community? Aren't we the community? Or part of it? Confusing. (At least until one clicks the message and sees the [DE].)

But thank you for clarifying with this thread.

It's a great idea. Large forums (even small ones) should always have an inbox like this (or a ticket system) where any moderator or administrator who is free can answer the member's question. It was about time.

On other forums (in my experience using them and running one as an admin), the language is less confusing. "Message the Moderators" or something to that effect. 

Aside from that, the issues raised by members here need to be addressed ASAP.

I don't think clicking the message box should take us straight to a message window. It could take us to a brief description of what the Inbox is for, the groups of people who will be able to read our messages, the kinds of messages we are free to send, and the kinds we should not send. For the latter, links to the appropriate sections and contacts should be posted.

Again, great idea, but still needs tweaking. Such is Warframe life, and life in general since nothing launches perfect.

11 hours ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

But what if I just want Danielle and Megan-senpai to notice me?

10 hours ago, Dini said:

Want a reply for this as well

I laughed, but here's a serious response. You could try talking to them on Twitter. All of DE is on Twitter, and they're all friendly, real people. It's a more social environment. It's much easier for them to respond there (no message system limits like a forum), and it will probably free up their time to address actual game/community issues in forum PMs.

Would it help (you) if they know who you are as a Warframe member or you regularly do Warframe-y things? Maybe. But like all real people, they have other interests besides Warframe.

Would there be a Support Ticket edition of this '[DE]bug report/general inquiries' button? Since there's no buyback feature, which almost all other games (usually MMOs like World of WarCraft or RPGs like The Elder Scrolls series have something sufficiently similar) already have, ingame yet it would help to have a faster route to the Support section. 

And even when a buyback item feature comes to being (a way to spend your credits to buy back anything you sold for the price you sold it), it should roughly work like this, at least in my mind:

Spoiler
Spoiler

-When the system is first deployed, EVERY ITEM you have ever sold, minus anything that isn't a blueprint, weapon, frame, or companion, or Primed mod, would become available for buyback for a week. That means all those Founders who sold their Excalibur, Lato, and Skana Primes can buy them back. All those people who sold their Dex and login weapons can reclaim them. And so on.
-When the week has passed, any item that hasn't been bought back will be deleted from the server archives permanently, except for Quest/Event/Login/Dex and Founder-exclusive items.
-All other items (such as blueprints, weapons, 'frames, companions/sentinels, Rivens or Primed mods) have a 72-hour lifespan in the Buyback section.
-Any item sold by accident which can be reclaimed will have any attached components (Forma, Exilus, Reactor/Catalyst, Lenses) returned separately and the item will be Rank 0.

Basics:

Spoiler

>You accidentally sell [item].
>You go to the Market section labelled 'Buyback/Retrieve'.
>You buy the item you sold for the price you sold it at + credit price of any attached objects (as if they were blueprints (lenses cost a Ducat for one, 4 Ducats for a greater, and 10 Ducats for an Eidolon variant if they were attached to the item instead of the standard credit cost) ).
>Item and attached items appear in inventory and are immune to being sold for the next 72 hours.
>Tradeable weapons cannot be traded if they underwent this.

Hi,

I would like to have several missions at level 200 and more, proposing special loots such as relics, kuva, mods and others exclusive to the missions.

Because the end game isn't a really major feature in the game some challenge would be apreciated for veterans players.

Thanks.

So, go send this message all together! :inlove:

Funny, I saw that little envelope icon last week briefly in random flashes at the top of the main page...had no idea what was going on, whether it was a love note from Space Mom or what. Clicking did no good. Then, the page would refresh and it would be gone. Then a few more refreshes and it would re-appear. Still just sitting there, doing nothing but teasing me. Now I know what was going on and that is great. Let's see how this works out!

10 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

I laughed, but here's a serious response. You could try talking to them on Twitter. All of DE is on Twitter, and they're all friendly, real people. It's a more social environment. It's much easier for them to respond there (no message system limits like a forum), and it will probably free up their time to address actual game/community issues in forum PMs.

Would it help (you) if they know who you are as a Warframe member or you regularly do Warframe-y things? Maybe. But like all real people, they have other interests besides Warframe.

Rebecca replied to a reddit post of mine once XD, twas joke.

27 minutes ago, Dini said:

Rebecca replied to a reddit post of mine once XD, twas joke.

Oh, Dini. It's okay to admit we all have a crush on Steve. It's the beard, beanie, and pink shorts. And the mischief in his eyes and grin. 

Kidding aside, yeah, Drew, Rebecca, and Danielle used to reply to PMs (like a year or two ago), but it became clear they were swamped when answers to questions didn't come or came weeks/months late. I might start PMing again with the new inbox.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:25 PM, chainchompguy3 said:

Trying to get some clarification, this is intended to let people have a quick way to let DE know about potential major issues that couldn't wait in the Bugs forum.

And it's not for, say, asking DE general questions about the game, or what they're planning/updating next, etc.

Hide contents

Because if it's just a quick way to ask DE a question, I'd like to know if DE has any long term plans for whenever the servers inevitably shut down (No game/server lasts forever, Except maybe google.).

Idk games like WoW seem be going on for 15+ years... Maybe in 30 years but I don't see this game shutting down anytime soon. lol

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your feedback! We will be implementing the following changes based on your requests:

1. We will be creating a link to support on the public forums
  2. We will be creating an auto-reply in the community inbox that explains in greater detail where your comments and concerns should be directed, and when you can expect a reply.

As always, your feedback in a huge help. :) Thanks again.

Archived