The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghouls Purge Event + Ghouls in general. Buffs for Ghouls?

SprinKah

Right off the bat, i just want to say that I really enjoy the ghouls, they're quite fun to play against, despite that, I do have a few problems regarding them...I am aware that these nitpicks might have something to do with my own personal preferences but anyway.

I think there just isn't enough Ghouls.

The thing is, we can really only encounter a fair number of ghouls if you get lucky in Ghouls Purge Missions from Konzu, if you get lucky and get mission types like Purge Burial Grounds, Assassination and all that but other than that....there really just isn't enough of them.

Their burial spots are so rare and when we do encounter them, only around 5 of them at most spawn, if you do solo play...and that's that...

To be honest with you, The Ghouls were probably the content that I looked forward to the most when they first announced them at Tennocon, I imagined we were going to be able to fight them and encounter them a lot but in the end, not so much. 

Changes I'd love to see:

- Increase the number of Ghouls spawned per encounter on the Plains.

- Maybe when you roam around doing stuff, Ghouls will emerge from a certain spot on the Plains and Lotus will call you to it? Like they just automatically rise up and roam around, don't need you to step foot in their vicinity, acting like normal patrolling grineer and such.

- Drop Pods?

Just something more to them would be nice, I'd really like to see them more often and not just in Ghouls Purge Missions, and honestly, I'd like to fight against more than 20 ghouls per Burial Ground, that's just me though. Would also be kinda nice if that amount of ghouls multiplies by 4 if you go with a full squad, that'd be fun because 35 really is quite little for a full party. 

What are your thoughts on how they are now? 

I'd also like to see some changes and buffs to the Ghouls that DE took away from the earlier showoffs, maybe some of these suggestions may sound a bit unreasonable but I'd like DE to further expand on the concept of these Ghouls, I feel like the way they are now? Don't really live up to their supposed concept.

1) Ghoul Expired:

- Maybe drop some mines when they die (1-2), right now when they die, the bombs explode but deal no damage whatsoever, that kinda loses the wihole purpose of kamikaze enemy. 

- I'd really like to see some sorta tackle like how they did in the Ghouls #1 Comic but maybe that's a bit much? It is interesting though. 

- Maybe make them throw the mines more often and not exclusively when the players are out of reach?

2) Ghoul Auger:

- Able to dig and rise up from the ground behind the players or to other random areas, actually ambushing and flanking them, instead of just dig straight forward into our face...

- Maybe dig and rise up from time to time right in front of us, maybe knocking us back like how they did in the earlier devstreams?

- Make the drills have the same damage hitbox like other Ghouls? right now, the hitbox of their drills are really odd and random, don't have a very consistent pattern, sometimes they deal 1-2 dmg per hit, sometimes more. 

I think the other Ghouls are fine as they are now. 

Edited by SprinKah

I'm honestly dissatisfied with how weak they are. I wasn't expecting them to be bullet sponges but a single shot from my Tigris prime could kill 2-3 at a time even in the higher level bounty. Not to even mention the fact that I brought inaros with a pocket sand build.

They're like the original Vor fight. Cool mechanics but you'll never see them because they instantly die.

Edited by (PS4)Chris_Robet

I think their spawn rate is too low , hope DE increases it to 40 per burial ground ( even if its solo )

I'd love to be swarmed by modified and weaponized zombies :D

Ofcourse DE has to get rid of those cold procs from toxic clouds first.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

I'm honestly dissatisfied with his weak they are. I wasn't expecting them to be bullet sponges but a single shot from my Tigris prime could kill 2-3 at a time even in the higher level bounty. Not to even mention the fact that I brought inaros with a pocket sand build.

They're like the original Vor fight. Cool mechanics but you'll never see them because they instantly die.

I'm with you, I know we should also consider the weaker players but god damn, they're so easy to kill and fight, they do have some glorious moments but I find myself standing around too often for them to actually stand a chance....man a single Nox is kinda more effective.  then again they're supposed to be Dispensable and expandable enemies that are low cost and weak....so I guess I'm sorta fine with them being a bit weak but their "strength in number" mechanic doesn't really show at all....only like 5 of them spawn per encounters on the plains which is nowhere near Strength in number...

Edited by SprinKah

7 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

I think their spawn rate is too low , hope DE increases it to 40 per burial ground ( even if its solo )

I'd love to be swarmed by modified and weaponized zombies :D

Ofcourse DE has to get rid of those cold procs from toxic clouds first.

I wouldn't mind that at all honestly, 40 would be so night solo. the more I play Warframe, the more I got bored of how...inactive some of the combat are....I think I'd prefer it if they keep both the cold proc and increase the spawn number of Ghouls per encounter, keep you on your toe...I mean, in the comic Excalibur was already quite incapacitated after getting a bit of the paralytic blood onto his hand...I'd like to experience that rush....

but ofc, most importantly I would LOVE to have increased number of Ghouls spawned...40 solo....80 full squad I don't care if it sounds a bit much, I'd probably prefer if there's more!

1 minute ago, SprinKah said:

I'm with you, I know we should also consider the weaker players but god damn, they're so easy to kill and fight, they do have some glorious moments but I find myself standing around too often for them to actually stand a chance....man a single Nox is kinda more effective. 

Comparing Meatbags against Man of Steel XD

I'd like to see them a lot tougher tho

1 minute ago, SprinKah said:

I wouldn't mind that at all honestly, 40 would be so night solo. the more I play Warframe, the more I got bored of how...inactive some of the combat are....I think I'd prefer it if they keep both the cold proc and increase the spawn number of Ghouls per encounter, keep you on your toe...I mean, in the comic Excalibur was already quite incapacitated after getting a bit of the paralytic blood onto his hand...I'd like to experience that rush....

but ofc, most importantly I would LOVE to have increased number of Ghouls spawned...40 solo....80 full squad I don't care if it sounds a bit much, I'd probably prefer if there's more!

80 ghouls per burial ground  *-*

WE NEED IT DE !!!

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

This also feels a bit like the whole going against a solo player amount of enemies instead of a for player group. At the level most vets are at they'd prefer to have more enemies when playing solo but there is such a small spawn limit sometimes...

exactly, I'd really like to play the plains when DE didn't downscale the amount of enemies spawned....I mean, remember when DE first showed off the Ghouls? Man the number of Ghouls spawned was so awesome, and it wasn't even a Ghouls Purge bounty...

Also, I really miss when the Augers were able to react much faster, able to actually ambush players and not just dig straight forward, able to rise up right in front of players and knock us back a bit....they changed a lot of things for worse in my opinion....