Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)arceus227

Carrier's ammo case

IDK if this belongs here or in the warframe section so if it does, my bad.

So i have a bit of an issue with carrier and carrier prime. One of the sentinel specific mods for carrier is ammo case which is a great mod. I have no issues with how it works. My main issue is I don't want to use carrier just for more reserve ammo and a ammo transmutation. Yeah sure i can change my weapon builds which i still cant fit everything i want on them right now so I couldn't put an ammo transmutation on if I wanted too, or sacrifice my energy siphon/corrosive projection for any of the scavenger aura mods. But i cant due to it not working and hurting long runs (or the fact that its a dash polarity and not fitting with certain frames)

I really feel that ammo case should be universal for all sentinels just like vacuum is. Like carrier is a good companion, but what if i want to use prisma shade or helios. 

i just wanna use other sentinels and get ammo for my weapons without having to use carrier. Because its almost a  necessary thing required for certain weapons with bad ammo efficiency. Like weapons such as the soma prime, or zenith. If your killing alot of enemys you will eventually run out and struggle for ammo.

also i have ammo pads but those are for emergencies incase i dont have carrier or it died.

Either that or make a primed version that can be used on all sentinels lol.

Nope and nope.

I don't know what is wrong with people. DE already made Vacuum available for sentinels which was Carrier's precept , now you want another of it's precept for your sentinels ?

Just tweak your builds around ammo mutation OR stick to your ammo pads for Carrier's sake.

Vacuum used to be specific to carrier. they instead made that available to all sentinels.

So now it has ammo case. and that really should stay that way. cant just keep stealing abilities from the poor guy.

I don't want nor care for Vacuum,

with that said, there are weapons that would greatly benefit from a new Ammo archtype. I've shared detailed ideas before, and can add them to this post later, its just something I get tired of sharing with little to no feedback.

This whole sentinel/pet busines feels soooo outdated, Warframe's very own Anachronism... the majority of players doesn't use pets for losing vacuum along. They would love to, since pets are much cooler and varied but vacuum's just too good to neglect.

Only when farming focus I use a Smeeta Kavat instead my usual Carrier Prime... Carrier is a choice by reason not by heart.

To hell with it, I say. Give vacuum and ammo case to all companions (including pets). Or better, allow both at the same time: sentinel & pet (won't be worse than having a Minion-Nekros along).

it's simple: 

ammo hungry weps? carrier! 

non-ammo hungry weps? no carrier! 

I don't see why this needs to be universal, you're only using carrier on very specific situations

54 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

it's simple: 

ammo hungry weps? carrier! 

non-ammo hungry weps? no carrier! 

I don't see why this needs to be universal, you're only using carrier on very specific situations

I use alot of ammo hungry weapons :/ and i dont want to use carrier all the time just because im running out of ammo for my zenith :(

1 hour ago, Aeon94 said:

Nope and nope.

I don't know what is wrong with people. DE already made Vacuum available for sentinels which was Carrier's precept , now you want another of it's precept for your sentinels ?

Just tweak your builds around ammo mutation OR stick to your ammo pads for Carrier's sake.

Well maybe if certain mods weren't absolutely needed to make weapons better I wouldn't need carrier. Theres no modding  variety and because of that i dont have room for the other 2-5 mods i wish i could use not even counting ammo mutation mods. Like ohh lets make a amazing mod for this pet only. Now lets replace it for an even better one. I would prefer a universal ammo case then a universal vacuum. But thats my opinion. I hate having to use him because i run out of ammo often.

1 hour ago, Airwolfen said:

Vacuum used to be specific to carrier. they instead made that available to all sentinels.

So now it has ammo case. and that really should stay that way. cant just keep stealing abilities from the poor guy.

Then stop giving him such good abilities then :( hes good but i just wish it was universal:/

1 hour ago, Toran said:

This whole sentinel/pet busines feels soooo outdated, Warframe's very own Anachronism... the majority of players doesn't use pets for losing vacuum along. They would love to, since pets are much cooler and varied but vacuum's just too good to neglect.

Only when farming focus I use a Smeeta Kavat instead my usual Carrier Prime... Carrier is a choice by reason not by heart.

To hell with it, I say. Give vacuum and ammo case to all companions (including pets). Or better, allow both at the same time: sentinel & pet (won't be worse than having a Minion-Nekros along).

I have a smeeta kavat and a huras kubrow with 6 forma on each. And I barely use my kavat for kuva missions. Other then that they are okay at best. They definitely need a rework or something 

vor 13 Minuten schrieb (PS4)arceus227:

Well maybe if certain mods weren't absolutely needed to make weapons better I wouldn't need carrier. Theres no modding  variety and because of that i dont have room for the other 2-5 mods i wish i could use not even counting ammo mutation mods. Like ohh lets make a amazing mod for this pet only. Now lets replace it for an even better one. I would prefer a universal ammo case then a universal vacuum. But thats my opinion. I hate having to use him because i run out of ammo often.

Nothing is needed, you still can use ammunition mods or ammo plates, seriously, such close minded thinking, besides mister smart, what should carrier get instead? Enlighten us, if its so easy to make this decisions, ever heard of balance? Some simply works better with other things combined, for god sake, variety still exist and still is your own decision, life with it, sick of such people seriously, if you make such threads then maybe also give soemthing back as an idea and not just demand like 90% of the community in other games do.

If the name "Carrier" does not ring a bell, the role of Carrier is to bring more stuff, 
Ammo Case serve as increased ammo reserve as well as ammo mutation.

Each sentinel has their own specialization and feature.

Does it make any sense a Helios which is a scanner sentinel suddenly can carry more stuff ?
Or Shade that is a stealth sentinel now also carry more ammo ?

Or make it such that Carrier now cloaks you with enemy nearby ? (that is the special feature of Shade)

Or now the Carrier suddenly can scan targets ? (that is the special feature of Helios)

I don't see the point of having Ammo Case on every sentinel.

For me it is a standard to run ammo mutation mod on all ammo hungry weapons, even with carrier around 
that provides ammo case feature, because in the heat of battle if your sentinel gets killed, you are going to 
ends up with a critical stoppage of your weapon when it simply run out of ammo because you rely solely on the carrier 
to do the ammo mutation.

A gun without ammo is as good as a paperweight.

As such it is never a concern to "lower" the damage on a weapon by using ammo mutation mod. 
It only means I can now spam the weapon more if it happens to be very ammo hungry or 
uses sniper ammunition.

It is no point having no limitations, like regenerative HP and Regenerative Energy only serve to lower the difficulty, 
Since logistical management is part of the game, HP and Energy is resource alike Ammo that you manage 
while doing a mission, having no limits on those resources is making a game less challenging.

Though if you are constantly running out of ammo for a weapon, I suggest you forma it more to increase the damage 
so you spend less shot on enemies to kill them (split chamber) 
Trigger discipline if you are 1 hitting most enemies but cannot stop yourself from doing a 5 - 10 round burst shooting a corpse.

Or just face it a weapon is starting to show it's weakness against certain level enemies that the ammo efficiency is falling off 
to the point you are unable to keep up with the killing, Or check if you have not been modding it to the full efficiency.

Also evaluate your situation, bringing a high cyclic rate ammo consuming weapon 
into endless/ extended survival run might not be too brilliant, nor bringing a slow firing sniper rifle into 
a defense mission sounds like a great idea, you will need to evaluate circumstances and see for yourself 
what weapon is best to bring for what situations.

Sometime I might not like a certain weapon, but on certain missions bringing one weapon has a clear advantage over another.

it is alike staying behind a wall while you reload your weapon, that is 100% damage reduction that is becoming less of a common sense these days 
as all players want is standing in front of enemy machine gun fire and not dying.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PS4)arceus227:

I have a smeeta kavat and a huras kubrow with 6 forma on each. And I barely use my kavat for kuva missions. Other then that they are okay at best. They definitely need a rework or something 

The Smeeta Charm can buff you with double pick ups & affinity (you can notice it by its 120sec counter), which is rather nice when farming for the daily focus cap with defense beasts like Saryn & Co.

6 hours ago, (PS4)arceus227 said:

I use alot of ammo hungry weapons :/ and i dont want to use carrier all the time just because im running out of ammo for my zenith :(

well that's kinda your problem, not the game's 

you have to accept the downside of these kinda weps. if you want something, u have to give up something in return. you can't have both 

Ammo mutation mod. Either for your gun or use an aura for it

Replace fire rate mod with a damage dealing mod resulting in better ammo economy and reloading less often which means you're also in danger less.

Regularly switch to your secondary.

If you still need Carrier for an Opticor or Lex Prime, you might be doing something wrong. Because I automatically switch to my Helios Prime or a Kavat when I have ammo efficient weapons.