Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia Hammer + Resonator does no damage sometimes

Ice-Blue

This has happened to me twice. The first time was on a defense mission against Corpus. It wasn't doing any damage from the start. I switched to another map later to test it and it worked so I thought it was a one time thing. Then I did a fissure excavation and after maybe 4 digs, it stopped doing any damage.

It has consistently done no damage for me in every mission since the update. She's unplayable (at least for me) in this current state. Her 3's invis causes graphical bugs not only for me, but also my teammates. Her 1 & 2 do nothing but attract enemies, and I am just not seeing the point in playing her over other frames that actually work right now. I think her 4 is fine though? I haven't noticed anything else out of the ordinary about her skillset aside from the aforementioned bugs.

This bug also started happening to me. Just noticed it yesterday since I haven't been playing her for a few days. Casting Mallet on it's own seems to do damage as usual and seems to work fine with Amp (4). Mallet + Resonator won't do damage (aside from maybe a few seconds of the entire mission, but that could also be from right before the ball picks up the mallet), but enemies will be charmed.  Haven't had any other bugs so far.

I posted details on what's happening in this thread before I found this one in general bugs, so I'm linking the post here.

I immediately noticed something was wrong with her when I dusted her off for one mission on Friday (in preparation for her new tennogen skin), and hoped the first or second hotfix would deal with the issues. Three hotfixes later, I decided to put a few hours into playing her so I can detail the problems for the devs in case they're having trouble tracking them down.

Basically, first I read about on Octavia's abilities on the wiki then over a few hours of gameplay compared what they're doing now to what they're supposed to be doing. The details are in the link above, but to sum it up: Mallet is almost working except 4 enemies out of 5 will walk up to Mallet and stare at it for a few seconds instead of attacking it, while Resonator is thoroughly broken and it's ONLY running around charming enemies to follow and picking up Mallet. There's no charm damage, there's no bonus damage instance on a carried mallet, there's no provoking enemies to shoot the Mallet. All it does (Mallet or otherwise) is run around charming enemies to follow it.

Edited by Sennera

I hope they fix this before the tennogen skin or the other lovely skin they showed off. I just don't want to play the frame right now, which is a real shame as I`m excited for the new looks and new instruments that have been mentioned. I would feel a lot better if the bug was at least acknowledged.

Its still broken when mallet connects to resonator it stops doing damage.

Go into Akkad drop mallet it works and kills things drop resonator and watch the infested stop dying and run to the pod. Tested it right before this post still broken.

this was the supposed fix " Fixed Octavia’s Resonator not dealing damage to enemies following it. "

The issue is mallet stops doing damage when connected to Resonator.

so cast one skill do damage cast 2 skills to do almost none is where she sits now, use amp when testing and same result.

Edited by Balfaulx

1 hour ago, Chronometria said:

Can anyone post a video of this? If it is as described above it should be easy to replicate.

I'm uploading an unlisted youtube vid of me derping around testing it in Akkad I play at high res so it will be about 30 min to upload its just the last few waves to wave 5 but its clear there are problems. The intent was to hop in rec game play using the skills see if anything went wrong and leave the video should show the problems I encountered. Aside from the fact I forgot energy pizzas dogbro had my back and the video shows what it needs to.

Edited by Balfaulx

Thankyou for the video, I watched it through and did see some strange things, certainly. At first it all seems to be working well, but there was definitely a period where ancients were attacking the hammer and nothing seemed to happen in response. I`m not seeing damage numbers though, do you have those turned off? Certain eximus units can reduce a hammers damage to zero ( I had this recently in the sortie).

I spent some time on my Octavia and, apart from problems with the eximus units, I didn't notice major problems. My resonator was not that reliable though, perhaps the recent spectre ai changes have affected its behaviour?

All numbers are on and up to the patch those mobs would have been dead. At first mallet acts as it should once i used resonator it messed up mallets damage for the rest of the rounds. This would kill all those enemies with a low power build long duration and range.  The build I was running in this test hits way harder and those mobs shouldn't have even made it into the room.

This is the build i was running in the video waay overkill.

930_Warframe.x64_2018_02_02_14_51_.jpg

In the video you can see other enemies taking no damage too but it extends beyond the eximus types its a problem with the skills not the mob types.

Edited by Balfaulx

I was thinking - maybe the resonator stats have changed. If it had more armour then it would take less "damage" and thus build up less attack potential maybe? Specters were adjusted recently and as its a spectre, its quite possible that its behaviour has been unintentionally altered to make it more durable....even though for Octavia, it needs to act as a big, easy to damage sponge.

25 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

I was thinking - maybe the resonator stats have changed. If it had more armour then it would take less "damage" and thus build up less attack potential maybe? Specters were adjusted recently and as its a spectre, its quite possible that its behaviour has been unintentionally altered to make it more durable....even though for Octavia, it needs to act as a big, easy to damage sponge.

Doesn't explain it mallet should remain the same and output damage when attached to resonator it doesn't.

6 hours ago, Chronometria said:

No because it's inconsistent. I've literally been on missions where it worked normally at the start and it stops working part way into it.

I play Octavia pretty consistently these days .. and it never happened to me because i just dont use 2..  But there was one time. that I used 2, and I was like.. what is happening.. Why my mallet is not doing his normal job.. 

But this should be fixed asap for all of you who uses 2 regularly

Well, I played her a bit yesterday and today. She seemed to be working fine for me now. Originally 2 was stopping 1 from doing damage. As far as I've noticed, I don't have that problem anymore. Hopefully it keeps working. Not sure why yalls wouldn't be working yet. I'll have to test it in Akkad again since that's where I was mostly playing her before when I noticed the problems.

Test 2 as of this morning.

615_Warframe.x64_2018_02_03_10_55_.jpg

With these damage value multipliers those enemies should be vaporized by mallet the bug is easy to replicate. Cast 2 first then mallet and it seems to create this effect. Mallet just seems to ride around on resonator and do nothing. Also keep in mind i could compete with ember and banshee easily before now its clearly broken as the mobs play tag with my resonator obviously not being hit by mallet.

Edited by Balfaulx

So the hotfix today added

Fixed enemies not shooting Octavia’s Mallet+Resonator combo if they were following the ball first before starting aggro from Mallet.

Still having the exact same result of mallet not doing damage as before nothing has fixed it yet.

Just tested it again to be sure before making this post.

I can confirmed that Octavia's 1+2 is still broken. At first I just thought it was an issue with ghouls but I have since tried many different missions including some of my go-to survival missions.

I am consistent in the 1+2+3 (in that order) every 30 seconds or so and then I just usually cloak and let my rolling ball of death do the work. Unfortunately the damage seems to be non-existent in some cases and other cases just pitifully small. I am used to seeing hundreds if not thousands on the damage numbers for each tick but now I am seeing 0-50ish.

I did notice on several occasions that enemies are just straight up ignoring my rolling ball of death or running up to it and just standing there but what really perplexes me is that there are enemies that will be standing within the radius of my mallet+resonator and there will be no ticks whatsoever. At first I thought it might be due to LoS issues but the mallet has always gone through walls before so I am unsure what is happening there.

I am still having this issue today. Tried using the 1+2 combo during a Mobile Defense sortie and it was hitting everything for about 1-3 damage. Using only ability 1 results in the expected damage with enemies getting killed swiftly. Octavia is one of my favorite frame and this bug really kills some of the mobility.

• 1 month later...

Figured I would update this thread now we've had 2 great skins released... "Shes still bugged"

Nothing fixed yet at this rate my moneys going elsewhere till its fixed right. As someone who supports DE with lots of purchases and prime access purchases I'm not ok with throwing cash at things that are broken for months on end. Please get someone on this this needed to be fixed when it was first broken the longer you wait the harder it will be to determine the cause and fix it appropriately. 

I'll check in again next month.