Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Camera and Turret tweaks?

8bitzombie

First off; I would like to say that these are fantastic ideas and starts to make Corpus levels feel different from their infected and Grineer counterparts. There are a few things that are a bit annoying about them...

1. They can only take damage when active, this is a pain. I can understand for the turrets because they have an armored enclosure that they retract into, but for the cameras there is simply no reason for this. You should be able to enter a room, look for cameras, shoot them out and then safely progress through any of the doors without worry about lasers. *Edit* This may have just been a glitch, since I was able to shoot unactive cameras during a seperate mission.

2. Camera detection needs to be fixed, I can walk passed a camera once and have it do nothing but if I turn around and walk passed it again it suddenly activates. This level of inconsistancy can be incredibly frustrating, especially while in a heated battle.

3. It seems like cameras respawn, which they shouldn't. I was a recently playing a match where I took out the cameras to a room, ran through the newly opened door took out the cameras in the next room got cornered by a bunch of walkers and went to run back to the last room to find that the doors were once again covered by lasers. I can only assume this means that the cameras must have respawned which makes very little sense.

4. Please make cameras/turrets hackable, this would make the series of terminals located through out the stations a lot more useful outside of objective based missions. Even if it means seeking out a control room, or hacking them on a room by room basis it would give more options for players.

Edited by 8bitzombie

1) i do it all the time to cameras

2)its cause they have a cone of vision, look where the camera is pointing, it sweeps.

3) never noticed this, sometimes there are two next to eachother though

4) this would be cool but imo would think it would make the corpus missions significantly easier, also i would want them takeing my precious weapon exp

3. It seems like cameras respawn, which they shouldn't. I was a recently playing a match where I took out the cameras to a room, ran through the newly opened door took out the cameras in the next room got cornered by a bunch of walkers and went to run back to the last room to find that the doors were once again covered by lasers. I can only assume this means that the cameras must have respawned which makes very little sense.

Actually, I've noticed that this seems to be a bug with mobs -other- than cameras -acting- like cameras and making the lasers pop up in the doorway until said mob is killed. I honestly have no clue what this is about, but it certainly needs to be fixed.

1) Cameras are always able to be taken down... Always.

2) like Zelex above said

3) have never encountered this before

4) if hacking the turrets n cameras was a thing, then perhaps we'd get exp for hacking said things, more so than just killing them?

cuz sometimes while I'm hacking, some mob may spawn nearby n try to kill me whilst I'm stuck hacking as fast as I can before I'm killed.

But to what degree could turrets n cameras be hacked? some games just hack to disable em, some to use them to view the rooms n areas ahead, some to use them to kill others.

I like this idea if it were implemented, in every section of a ship that has turrets n cameras (a few rooms, several rooms connected give or take)

there could be a special lil hack node that's for the turrets and or cameras.

If there were to be such a thing. it would probably need something to guard said hacky node. perhaps 2-6 restless turrets? some guards of some sort? since it's the Corpus I'm sure they'd have a few human boys loitering around it anyways, that or some robos.