Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 23.1.2 AI interactions with weapons.

Chatv71e

So with a new patch 22.10.0 DE states 'We've done a general intelligence pass on their proficiency with Weapons' 

I really don't know what was done, but here is a list of some wepons that didn't work properly and still don't work. Just in case someone would want to fix that.

Pox. Pox is still manualy detonated by specters as if it was castanas. This causes gas clouds to dissapear and generaly reduces weapon damage to almost zero.

Bows. All bows has no benefit of fire rate. This is true to almost all charged weapons. Despite the high fire rate specter will hold the charge for a fixed amount of time before firing.

Ogris. The best of two worlds. It has same problem as bows, but on top of that it has a limited range for some reason. Specter will not fire it till they get close, or in case if they can't, they will not fire it at all.

Redeemer and Sarpa with  Bullet Dance either not fire any bullets or said bullets do no damage. I assume that gunblade shot is counted as special ability (similar to Sancti Magistar healing on charged attack that also doesn't work in hands of Specter) and Specters can't have those. 

Some other irritating things about AI

Double reload. If animation of gunfire is too fast (for example if you mod certain weapons for high fire rate) after reloading Specter will fire weapon faster than reload animation finishes. This will cause it to go on a second cycle of reload animation, doubling the reload time.

Attempts to hit unexisting body parts. Specter will always make shots trying to hit upper and lower body parts that some enemies might not even have. Best seen whien using Quanta. On top of that the firing pattern will not be changed if target is knocked down, essentially making Specter unload their weapon into air.

This makes blast status really bad when using specters.

Weapons that grants buffs on hit (for example Lesion) will not buff specter itself, instead will redirect buff to your warframe. Same is true for some arcanes

Edited by Chatv71e

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a similar problem here :< my Duality-EquisSpecter will make my Mutalist Quanta sort-of home towards the closest enemy (even if it's not in the line of sight). I THINK the problem with specters is that they don't follow normal A.I. like how most enemies work (line-of-sight, tracking, chasing etc.) and just simply follow the "shoot-nearest-target and die. I think D.E. needs to address this issue because it makes the Supra, Mutalist Quanta, the Detrons, and other projectile/energy based weapons useless on specters. 

• 2 weeks later...

22.13.3 is here and everything listed above is still not fixed.

Now lets talk about beam weapons. They all have the same problem. 

ZYTiG3Q.jpg?1

Specters completely ignore the range stat of the weapon and will try to shot far away targets with it. Not so noticable in tight hallways, but in open areas (like plains) it is noticable.

That is odd because some weapons ARE range capped (like ogris. For unknown reason)

Edited by Chatv71e

• 3 months later...

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.9.1

Fixes:

• Fixed Specters with some projectile weapons (Supra and Paracyst in particular) shooting bullets that curve towards the player's target. No Zorg ZF1 allowed....yet..

Nice to see that some of this is getting fixed. Yes other listed weapons remains same broken. Really wish to see to pox fix.

Also here is another weapons that is not working - Ferrox. With Ferrox in hand specter will just run around doing nothing.

Sicarus Prime also has a problem where after killing few enemies it fails to reload since there are some ammo leftovers in the magazine, trapping specter in confused state of not able to fire or reload. It's unable to fire the burst because there are not enough bullets for full burst, and unable to reload because there are still bullets.

Edited by Chatv71e

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...