Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Thyrus Set - Out Now on Steam!

Stenchfury

The Chroma Set is finally complete!

Check it out on Steam Workshop:

Chroma "Thyrus" skin & helmet: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1334300436

"Ogun" Hammer model swap: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1335038499

"Mushussu" Syandana: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1334762963

Staus:

Skin&Helmet: Done!

Weapon: Done!

Syandana:Done!

Currently working on: Set Completed!

jIa1xrJ.jpg

D2ddqpS.jpg

Z8dB5Rk.jpg

zSBd3g6.jpg

nVwnGAo.jpg

The Concepts.

Spoiler

marco-hasmann-chroma-comp.jpg?1516958641

The Helmet Concept

6dM29YJ.jpg

The two-handed Hammer\Jat Kittag Model Swap Concept

0Ivre5I.jpg

The Syandana Concepts: the overall idea was to have something reminiscent of a dragon spine with spikes; will probably go with the first one on the left.

Initial Sketches for the Hammer Weapon

Spoiler

MlvDj0o.jpg

sHAjoR6.jpg

Edited by Stenchfury
Release Update

15 minutes ago, Stenchfury said:

Well, it kinda have that idea for curled horns; but I'll see what happens in the hipoly sculpting :P

You do you, Stench. You're the one with the talent for sculpting here, not me :)

I want another Chroma helmet anyways. Kaiju is my favourite so far, but I don't like the Tarresque one, or the Deluxe one. Having a fire demon helmet for Chroma would be pretty wicked. :D

What software did you use to 

On 1/26/2018 at 5:14 PM, Stenchfury said:

Hey guys;

Opening the topic for a new Chroma set I'm currently working on (names still to be defined).

Still concepting the various elements, but potentially it will include a skin+helmet, a weapon skin and a syandana.

Currently working on: Weapon Concept

Here is a little update with the Helmet concept:

QxPKqSe.jpg

It looks amazing! What software did you use btw?

2 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

This looks really great and I hope the "nerf" won´t stop you doing this skin and helmet.

Btw. I think the first pass could make a great Nidus helmet if you add some mutation features to it.

Nerf? :o i might have missed something :D btw yeah, not stopping now :P

Well I might have future plans for Nidus already; it's in the list :)

1 hour ago, Stenchfury said:

Can't wait for your take on Chroma ;) Bought your Hydroid skin and am loving the style that you bring

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Stenchfury:

Am 2.2.2018 um 20:03 schrieb [DE]Connor:

!Vex Armor - Fixed a longstanding issue with number calculation being multiplicative. Boosts now apply before upgrades instead of after, making the ability consistent with all other damage boosting abilities. Overshields are now considered for Vex Armor. Chroma's Vex Armor remains one of the top performing damage-multipliers in the game - and it's now an aura! Instead of just being focused on Chroma, it can now benefit allies in range.

Fixed an issue where Chroma would deal no damage with Vex Armor active. While this may sound like a simple fix, if you're a Chroma user please read on!
Solving Vex Armor actually takes as back to Chroma's beginning. On original power creation, we used some less-than-ideal calculation methods to create Scorn and Fury's effects. If you are an avid Chroma user, you probably know the power maximizing this ability brings. At some point in Chroma's future we will need to revisit and use ideal methods for his Abilities; we will inform you well in advance when Chroma is under review.”

Chroma is a complex frame that players usually acquire further on in their Tenno journey. As referenced above, much of that complexity stems from some questionable back-end calculations, which caused Vex Armor to calculate damage boosts AFTER upgrades instead of before. Although the UI may indicate that damage/armor is buffed by a few hundred percent, the actual buff amounts would be much higher. Furthermore, compound elements would effectively be multiplied twice for Fury’s damage boosting, leading to some ludicrous results.

Back in April 2017, extreme damage boosting was not really a problem, so we left the ability as is. However, the Plains of Eidolon update marked a shift in community mindset by introducing Teralysts - featuring multiple large health pools on each weakpoint, damage boosting abilities became an important part of efficient hunting teams. While other damage boosting options require more team coordination, a single self-damaging Chroma could bypass the weakpoint damaging portion of the fight in an instant. At its simplest, we do not want our Eidolons one-shotted.

Chroma’s usage was already somewhat narrow, so we want him to remain a competitive option for Teralyst damage boosting, while also improving other parts of his kit. Although the magnitude of his boost will be lowered, it will still be one of the strongest boosting abilities in the game, and both damage/armor increases will now apply to all teammates in a nearby radius. Furthermore, Spectral Scream without movement restrictions allows players to be the aimgliding, fire-breathing dragon they’ve always dreamed of! We will continue to observe how these changes affect Chroma (and the Teralyst hunting squads) in the coming weeks, and consider further tweaks if needed.

From the current dev workshop, and people are going crazy again.

10 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

From the current dev workshop, and people are going crazy again.

Oh I see; oh well, we just have to wait and see; personally I never really cared about the dps buff as long as the armor buff kept me alive; I see why some ppl might feel bad about their Eidolon hunting toy being nerfed; but things need to be balanced in order to be fun.