Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bullet jumping occasionally not working 22.10.0 through 24.2.10

Hobie-wan

Last night after the update and still after the 22.10.1 hotfix, bullet jumping sometimes didn't work. Was maybe a 5% failure rate and usually happened twice in a row. I was playing with my maxed Nova Prime with no mods that affect bullet jumping installed. When it failed I'd just do a little bunny hop that seemed shorter than a normal single jump off the ground. Usually this was when I was stopped and attempting to jump fairly vertically.

*edit*

I do have crouch set to a thumb button (number 4 or 5 I can't remember offhand) on my mouse, but that wasn't having an issue and hitting space to jump always did something. So not an issue with the actual input itself. Just adding this tidbit in case non-default controls contributed to the issue for possible replication.

*one year anniversary*

Edited by Hobie-wan
still broken

Same here. Bullet jump feels broken. Especially for upwards, vertical jumps: it seems as if I have to hold crouch for a rather long time before pressing jump, and even that doesn't always result in successful bullet jump.

Also reported here:

Whew, I'm not alone.

Another thought, I do have the 'use mouse thumb button is back' also turned on as well. It's all been working fine since I started playing aside from me accidentally crouching as I leave consoles or the ducat kiosk if I get a little click happy.

1 час назад, Hobie-wan сказал:

Another thought, I do have the 'use mouse thumb button is back' also turned on as well. It's all been working fine since I started playing aside from me accidentally crouching as I leave consoles or the ducat kiosk if I get a little click happy.

I don't think this has anything to do with it. Seems that toggle sprint is the real reason: I toggle sprint on, I have problem jumping. I toggle sprint off, I bullet jump normally.

Yeah, toggle sprint on here too and since that's the thing that got a change, it's the most likely cause. Last night I was having to fight not automatically hitting sprint again after firing a gun or opening a locker. Just trying to provide as much info to my current settings as possible just in case.

I was having the same problem.  Bullet jump was failing to execute (especially when starting from a stationary crouch) and I was getting just a normal jump instead.  After reading this thread I found the "Toggle Sprint" option and turned it off and the issue seems to be resolved now.

It's a shame because the sprint toggle sounds handy, but not at the cost of breaking one of the most important movement skills in the game.

The 'fix' for toggle sprint has in turn broken bullet jumping (most notably vertically) for me too. 

While I don't want to lose toggle sprint it would be nice to actually bullet jump upwards,  like we used to be able to do before the 'fix', rather than doing a cute little hop.

I use ctrl for crouch and space for jump (default iirc).  The issue is 'intermittent' so I'm not exactly sure what does and doesn't stop it from working but I do know it's very very annoying. 

I do know that it's not my hardware (ie keyboard) because ctrl and space work fine when doing a void dash with the operator. 

Have the same problem - bullet jumping with sprint/sprint toggle on just occasionally stops working and you do a regular jump instead. Have to de-toggle sprint off or pause while crouched for more than a second, then the bullet jump might work. It's a game breaker for me since I rely on bullet jumping working 100% like it did before this last patch. Wake me up when the patch is patched.

I think this is happening because sprint toggle prevents you from crouch walking. Doing a stationary crouch and jumping without tapping any direction keys works, but hitting a direction while crouching causes you to stand up, thus making you do a regular jump. It is subtle, but can seem to "randomly" mess up bullet jumps.

31 минуту назад, Raatv сказал:

This seems to only happen when there is nearby over-head cover. I did think my keyboard was taking a dump so I'm a little relieved.

Not for me. I tested it on the plains, it's the same: sometimes with sprint toggled on bullet jump works, but most then it just breaks and I start hopping around.

1 час назад, Pain-Giver сказал:

I think this is happening because sprint toggle prevents you from crouch walking. Doing a stationary crouch and jumping without tapping any direction keys works, but hitting a direction while crouching causes you to stand up, thus making you do a regular jump. It is subtle, but can seem to "randomly" mess up bullet jumps.

This might be a very good explanation, actually.

Just figured out why it happens. 100% of the time you cannot do an aerial slide after jumping from a dead standstill, which means you cannot do a bullet jump after jumping from a dead standstill. The easiest alternatives that you have until they fix this is to never jump from a standstill or do a buffer aerial slide before the bullet jump.

I should also mention that this issue is not exclusive to toggle sprint.

Oh wow, I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who is having trouble with vertical jump from dead standstill after the latest update.  At first SO suspected maybe the crouch animation need to be completed before the jump but doesn't seem like it.  I tried crouching for a few seconds before attempting a vertical jump and more often than not, I get a tiny hop.

Jumps need to be super reliable and consistent, and right now it's not. :(  

Same. Want to make this more visible, as this impacts a vast majority of the game, and some people may never even notice it.

Bullet jumping is sometimes rendered impossible to perform if you have auto-run toggled to on. It simply results in a normal jump. This also affects Operators, from what I can tell.

Please fix this bug DE. It is killing my enjoyment of the game. Ever since the last update, everyone I ask in game has had bullet jumping issues as described above. Why is it not acknowledged or fixed yet? It's more annoying than the sentinel vacuum bug.

I have just experienced this issue again ingame. At first, it was like others described, it just seemed to occasionally not work and felt "sluggish" or "uncertain". It began occurring in missions just after the wave of most recent patches, and it was becoming extremely frustrating, especially in fast missions with lots of jumps and maneuvering.

In this current spy mission, I finally realized it's because of the new changes to the toggled sprint mode (great QoL needed for a long time, btw).

Stepping forward while crouched cancels the crouch until it is activated again. This is repeatable with both the normal press-to-hold (I use L shift) and toggle key (v). I will be literally standing straight up, while the press to crouch button is being held if move in any direction. It's like the game stops giving the command after it is interrupted.

I thought it might have been because of the fact that I use mouse2 to move forward (this breaks the orbiter decoration mode also), but I used the up arrow to test it also (still broken). This same thing used to happen to me with simply moving forward since it is bound to my mouse. Sometimes pressing move backward would "override" the move forward command, and once the move back key was released, move forward would not re-engage the move forward command, like it had been overridden and/or interrupted permanently. (most WASD players wouldn't end up pressing the move forward and backward keys at the same time because it's on the same finger). This has lead to frustration in the past where I would find I lost my momentum because the game was no longer registering my "move forward" click.

This is a pretty bad one, guys. Hopefully it isn't buried so deep in the code it can't be easily fixed. While I would prefer to never have to press the "toggle sprint" ever again, I would not trade the "confidence" that my jump will be the type I intended for that feature. Te fact that this is definitely tied to the new changes is probably good, because it can be rolled back if it needs to be; at least we know what we are dealing with here.