Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bullet jumping occasionally not working 22.10.0 through 24.2.10

Hobie-wan

Thats what I thought... I never usually have any problem bullet jumping with my Banshee Prime as she feel more agile at it. But yesterday I couldn´t o.o It took several attempts to trigger the bullet jump, if at all. I rarely use that otherwise, as I´m more for the jump and rolling. But you can´t roll vertically, so that´s how I it xD

I hope we´ll see a fix on that soon, as it is an important mechanic for base movement.

6 hours ago, Chronometria said:

This may even make some mastery tests impossible.

I initially didn't think that I had any issues with bullet jump because I rarely bullet jump from a standstill, but I've noticed especially today since I've been practicing my MR 17 test (where vertical mobility is critical) that this where the problem has finally stood out for me.  Sometimes the b-jump doesn't fire off, my frame does the dumb bunny hop and I end up failing the test because of it (and also because of the equally annoying sporadic edge-grabbing problem).  I look forward to DE's patches but dang, this patch borked so many things.  

Edited by FlatDevice
derp

On 28.01.2018 at 1:06 AM, Odjur said:

Just figured out why it happens. 100% of the time you cannot do an aerial slide after jumping from a dead standstill, which means you cannot do a bullet jump after jumping from a dead standstill. The easiest alternatives that you have until they fix this is to never jump from a standstill or do a buffer aerial slide before the bullet jump.

I should also mention that this issue is not exclusive to toggle sprint.

Yes! That's it exactly. This is not random, it happens in this specific situation. But sometimes the best solution is to simply never sprint and use bullet jump constantly instead (it depends what you are doing - focus farming vs running on Plains etc.). This is insanely annoying :/

I am having this exact same problem over the past few days, too. When aiming up and trying to bullet jump, I frequently just do a little hop instead. EDIT: I didn't have sprint toggle set when the problem began, and have tried both with and without, no change.

Edited by OneOfTheNephilim

It is very annoying to have to remember to toggle off sprint to be able to bullet jump from a stand still. Moreso than before the patch when having toggle sprint turn off after interacting with something, least that didn't have nearly the same chance of getting you killed like a bullet jump not happening when you really need it to.

I hadn't played in a few weeks and thought I was getting rusty but then it kept happening. Thought keyboard was acting up like another post. DE please fix!! Very frustrating. I used to be able to just glide through stuff roll around then point strait up and just rocket to where I need to go. You end up with a little jump and not going where you intended. Sometime going off the edge and off the side. :sadcry:

i am also encountering this issue. its really annoying and i hope it gets patched soon. its almost always when im trying to do an almost vertical or high angle bullet jump and it just doesnt happen. i do a bunny hop instead. i will have to try with movement for the time being like chrono suggested

I finally found the solution to this:

1) Exit game

2) Play something else

Haven't had a problem since.

Seriously, reliable bullet jumping (and I'll include ledge grabbing) under any condition is a necessity - it's like standing up from your chair and not knowing if your first step is going to move you forward or face plant you into the ground.