Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hobie-wan

Bullet jumping occasionally not working 22.10.0 through 24.2.10

Happened to me.. And I was like.. How the **** did this command did not bullet jumpp 

Most of the time It happen when I have sprint toggled

Yeah, i hope DE will fix this because i can't bullet jump in spy missions vertical tunnel without having to wait 1-2 second while holding ctrl before pressing space (i use default commands). The game is practically unplayable and frustrating now. In some circumstances this bug put me in a bad situation because instead of bullet jump where i want, this double jump leads me in an out of bound place losing my actual actives powers. Often, this causes my death and when it happens the keys Alt and F4 become bigger, luminous and a monkey appears in my room inviting me to press them. The fix for this bug have to be a priority imho.

Thought I was going mad... Then thought it was my controller... Then lost temper and it almost WAS my controller (but removed it from wall and still working correctly). I don't understand why this is doing what it's doing but it's excruciatingly annoying at times and I'm now auto correcting by changing the way I've always played :/

Would anyone know if this has been acknowledged by DE as yet and if it will be fixed? 

Indeed, still happening. It would be nice to at least get an acknowledgement like the sarpa people did on the last patch notes, or better an 'investigating' note on this thread. I totally understand there are lots of things to work on, but movement is a huge part of the game and this being unreliable is a major issue IMHO. :sad:

A super serious bug, that affects a very important part of the game has been in the game for over a month, and survived over multiple updates and hotfixes. And we don't even get the slightest acknowledgement? Seriously, what the hell?

Can confirm it, too.

I can't pinpoint the exact conditions for bulletjump not working, but when it happens it's always from standing still, crouching and then trying to jump.

Can we have a DE answer on this.. Movement is super important in this game.. It can also make you not Bullet Jump from Standing Still .. + as you see just before me .. the ledge bug ?

I'm also curious as to why DE hasn't communicated with the player base about this issue.

It's quite simple to replicate once you've selected 'Toggle' for Sprint.   This has substantially impacted my ability to parkour as my play style is/was dependent on sprinting/bullet jumping, which worked perfectly until the aforementioned update.

A simple "Yup, it's a bug we're looking into; no ETA as yet" or "We changed the mechanic but didn't list this in the release notes; our bad.  Learn a new way to Bullet Jump, guys."

TL;DR

Is this a bug or a feature?

Cannot express how relieved I am to find this topic - not because the bug is good, but because I thought either I had forgotten how to bullet jump and not realised, or my keyboard was wearing out.. as mechanical its unlikely but not impossible.

Also to see the ledging issue is here too..

I hope they notice and fix this, I had problems during kuva fortress survival yesterday with jumping over open space.. the enemies were amused lol (I wasn't!)

Update 22.14.0

Fixed not being able to climb over ledges while sprinting.

That's one item mentioned in this thread - any confirmation if this affected the inconsistent bullet jump or that the fix actually works for ledge grabbing?

Ledge grabbing is definitely fixed, bullet jumping also might be, haven't failed a bullet jump with sprint toggle on since the update. But i guess it needs further play time.

Not as bad as before, but still it manages to break just when you absolutely needed to make a proper jump. Now when I need to make that guaranteed jump, I first hit toggle sprint, then jump, then hit toggle sprint again. Not sure this is proper "gameplay".

15 minutes ago, Branner said:

Not as bad as before, but still it manages to break just when you absolutely needed to make a proper jump. Now when I need to make that guaranteed jump, I first hit toggle sprint, then jump, then hit toggle sprint again. Not sure this is proper "gameplay".

Yeah, it seemed better last night, but I still had a few little hops occur. I was waiting until a bigger round of playing tonight before commenting properly and re-editing the title.

yeah i'm getting this too in basically every mission. i got stuck for a minute or two in that one corpus room that is accessed solely by a vertical vent, double jump doesn't reach high enough to properly exit. added, so far it's been the direct cause for me dying at least 3 times.... you kinda need bullet jump to dodge efficiently :/

i took some video clips if they're needed i can post, one shows how it seems to "un"break" slightly if you sprint, slide, then bullet. but even then you can only bullet jump at a diagonal.

Yeah, seems to be less, but still happens. The ledge thing seems to be fixed, but I swear I did have a weird ledge incident tonight.