Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bullet jumping occasionally not working 22.10.0 through 24.2.10

Hobie-wan

Not sure if anyone else is still having issues with bullet jumping but I'm getting some fairly specific glitches with it:

For about half a second after pressing any directional button: Bullet Jump does a bunny hop instead for me.  This is really annoying since I need to change direction and jump quickly in a lot of situations.  Tested this with both manual and macro with same results.

Also, while only relevant with macros but aiming upwards (and only upwards) with the camera and instantly (literally 0ms) trying to do a bullet jump does a bunny hop instead as well.

Edit:

These bullet jump problems only happen for me when toggle sprint is active.

Edited by Ailyene
Adding that this only happens when Toggle Sprint is active

It's been really inconsistent for me recently. It seems like most of the time it works, then when I stop thinking about it, it will misfire again. But I can't get to where I can reproduce it every time like before. Of course that makes it even more annoying to report or track down. 😣

I'm having the same issue.  Been stuck on the MR 8 test for weeks.  At first I assumed it was just my Mr Magoo play style but it happens far too often and randomly.  I've also considered it being a hardware issue or carpal tunnel and arthritis.  The test failing, 24-hour retest period and being stuck at MR 7 has taken the fun away.  I'd like to keep playing and supporting this game but currently it's more stressful than fun. 

1 hour ago, Centbair said:

So it is an on-going bug. I thought all this time, my wireless controller wasn't sending the commands correctly. o.o
I get it, but I think since I'm doing the commands to fast for the game to pick them up.

God damn im using a wireless controller too(X360). And lately i started to observe strange behaviour with jumping/bullet jumping, sometimes my LB(crouch/slide) doesnt work, sometimes i try to slide and i end up just doing a roll, sometimes after a bullet jump i make a roll in air tho i didnt press it. Was thinking it is my controller failing, but it is 2 months old and it works perfectly in other games. Have similar issues maybe?

EDIT: Never mind, turned out it WAS hardware issue after all, probably some dirt got inside and was screwing with me, used a can of compressed air, now works. BTW nice hardware you are selling Microsoft.... 😛

Edited by ARKANOiiDe

Bullet Jumping still bugged for me in 23.0.6.

I can reproduce it about 80% of the time if I press a directional button + slide + jump with Sprint toggled.  I go the direction I wanted to go in and gain the momentum from sliding so that is working in some way but I do a normal hop instead of a bullet jump, as said before this only happens with sprint toggled.

Easier for me to replicate it without macros since it feels like delaying the time between inputs for a fraction of a second before jumping increases the time period where it can occur, not that this is hard to pull off even if I use a macro with 0ms between inputs.

Edit:

Still an issue for me as of 23.3.1.

Really bothers me since the natural rhythm I have when changing directions and bullet jumping line up exactly with the glitch.  So I can try to bullet jump multiple times and fail repeatedly at the same jump.  Tried multiple things, nothing really fixes it other than turning sprint toggle off.

Edited by Ailyene

Update: I changed my Toogle sprint/roll key to Ctrl, and bullet-jumping while sprinting works wonderfully now with no issue.

Maybe it's something with my keyboard and my Shift button (which is unlikely, as my Shift button works fine outside of the game) But it's highly that there's something that messing with the game while pressing Shift. I strongly advice changing the "Toogle sprint/roll" key to something else to see what will happen.

Edited by duyhung2h

• 2 weeks later...

Still in 23.1.0.

The most consistent place I run into this is the Corpus hallway with the vent on the floor behind the box thing that zig zags down into the 'hidden' skinny room below with the blocks in either end. The one that often has a hidden cache in it on levels with those. Because you have to jump upward to get out, but you're perpendicular in the skinny room with no room to be running first, you have to do it from a standstill. The sabotage coolant room with the 2 laser tunnels below and you would then jump up to the coolant is another since it's a small space where you usually stop to jump upward.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've tested your glitch (PC) aaaannnndddd.... Yeah it glitchs, but because you're doing it wrong that's all...

First, sprinting override your crouch BUT NOT your slide. (That may be a glitch on itself but personally I like it, makes stealth nice with toggle-crouch and on-press sprint)

Second, to bulletjump you need to be either crouching or sliding THEN jump, jumping first obviously doesn't work.

Third and last: Bulletjump goes where your crosshair is pointing so if you're standing still, you don't need to hold any direction at all. So with those informations you can easily reproduce those small tests and see that:

• Not moving - Autosprint ON, crouch then jump will work 100% of the time;
  • Not moving - Autosprint ON, crouch, move THEN jump will fail 100% of the time because sprint override crouch;
  • Not moving - Autosprint ON, move, crouch (slide) THEN jump will work *90%* of the time *EDIT Moving apparently eat the slide animation approximatively on the first 100ms pressed, so be sure to be fully sprinting before attempting to bulletjump, only then it will become 100%*;
  • Moving - Autosprint ON, crouch (slide) THEN jump will work 100% of the time, whevener you change / release your movement key after sliding;
  • Jumping - Autosprint ON, crouch then jump will work 100% of the time;
  • Jumping - Autosprint ON, crouch, move THEN jump will fail 100% of the time, same reason as above (Doesn't matter if you have aerial momentum or not);
  • Jumping - Autosprint ON, move, crouch (slide) THEN jump will work *90%* of the time. *EDIT Same reason as above*
Edited by TaKeru093
Added precision

55 minutes ago, TaKeru093 said:
  • Not moving - Autosprint ON, crouch then jump will work 100% of the time; 
  • Not moving - Autosprint ON, crouch, move THEN jump will fail 100% of the time because sprint override crouch;
  • Not moving - Autosprint ON, move, crouch (slide) THEN jump will work 100% of the time; 
  • Moving - Autosprint ON, crouch (slide) THEN jump will work 100% of the time, whevener you change / release your movement key after sliding;
  • Jumping - Autosprint ON, crouch then jump will work 100% of the time;
  • Jumping - Autosprint ON, crouch, move THEN jump will fail 100% of the time, same reason as above (Doesn't matter if you have aerial momentum or not);
  • Jumping - Autosprint ON, move, crouch (slide) THEN jump will work 100% of the time.

"Moving - Autosprint ON, crouch (slide) THEN jump" is actually what is failing for me (when I start moving anyways, no problems during sustained movement).  But this gave me some ideas to try out.

So, I tried testing it a bit more and with Toggle Sprint on: if I press the slide button within a certain window of time of pressing a directional button; then the slide will just plain not happen, often I even get the momentum boost from the failed slide that never happened.

Which is what is causing bullet jumps to fail in my own case at least.

This was not always like this before, though I have no idea when this bug first came around, since it was during a period when I was on a Warframe break.

Edited by Ailyene
Minor Typo

il y a 20 minutes, Ailyene a dit :

So, I tried testing it a bit more and with Toggle Sprint on: if I press the slide button within a certain window of time of pressing a directional button; then the slide will just plain not happen, often I even get the momentum boost from the failed slide that never happened.

Just tested that scenario (did not come in mind, I always tap the slide wich gives a better boost 🙂 ) and apparently yeah there's something like 100ms of buffer where your directional imput override everything else, it also does it if you're not sprinting but doesn't prevent bulletjump since no sprint => you still crouch

Anyway pressing direction + slide + jump at the same time is a bad habit for bullet jump, you should either be perfectly still or already move but I can understand that on a controller it can be harder to delay movement

*EDIT* I'll edit the corresponding line on my upper post

Edited by TaKeru093

6 hours ago, (PS4)grevenilvec75 said:

Can anyone on PC confirm if this fixed the crouch walking bug for frames as well?

I figured this is by design. You're crouching behind a crate in sprint mode, then you run to the next crate and stop and return to crouching.

1 hour ago, TaKeru093 said:

Not moving - Autosprint ON, crouch then jump will work 100% of the time;

This has not been true for me since before I started this thread.

I have sprint toggled on almost all the time. Some time before 22.10.0 I could consistently be in sprint mode, stop, crouch, and bullet jump. Usually I'd be doing this when trying to jump up a wall or tube of some sort. The consistent place being that Corpus hallway with the vent behind the equipment block that zig zags down into the dead end 2 way room with the 2 bigger equipment blocks. That room often has hidden caches in it. That's one that due to the layout, you end up stopping and needing to bullet jump directly upward to get out. Didn't have a problem until a bit before I made this thread. I can reproduce the issue there every time. Other times when playing it is inconsistent. Maybe because I didn't completely stop on occasion or maybe because of less extreme angles. I don't know.