Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The old Bo Staff skin (can i spend some plat on Nostalgia please?)

Jukantos

Hey, just a quick big of feedback / a wish, i was a big big fan of the original Bo staff art, i liked the incredibly simplistic look of a staff weapon that basically made me feel like Neo in his first Matrix Encounter with the copies of Agent Smith where he ends up just ripping a pipe out of the ground and using that for a weapon for a while.

Don't get me wrong, the new Bo staff still looks cool but i would just love simply having the option to go back to that old simplistic look of my first favourite melee of all time. When i saw the Nocturne and Kintsugi skin packs, i hoped maybe one of those contained a modified original version of it, but it unfortunately didnt.

Is there any way you could bring back the classic Bo as a purchaseable skin option? I really just want to have the option to be a badass with a stick again, even if just for a short while (call me obsessed with Symmetry if you have to, for now im using the Bo Prime skinless anyway)

TL;DR: Let me buy this with maybe a nice bit of updated PBR (oh my god yes i wanna smack enemies with a golden pipe prime!!)

latest?cb=20140407041823

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
vor 49 Minuten schrieb NightmareT12:

Steve commented some (long) time ago he totally understood this feeling and that they could totally try to solve it with skins or something. Then again we also saw the Proto Skins and we don't know what's holding those up.

So hopefully they remember about this still.

i mean i'd love more things to throw my plat at which look good :D

Yes, a lot of tennogen stuff is BLOODY AMAZING and i'd love to have it, but i traded my way up to ten thousand plat, i still have almost 4k of it left after some key riven purchases and i have no skins to buy with it left xD so i'd love if a higher percentage of new cosmetic content was DE-made (and thus plat-able)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm going to give this another bump just to maybe get some attention to it - IF TennoVIP gamescom happens i get to meet the crew for the first time since 2015 when they last crossed the Atlantic, i'll try to get it to them hands first (I'll probably print out the image above on like a business card and just hand it to as many DE people as i can 😂 )

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It may have looked very simple but that simplicity also gave it elegance. The new skin looks nice, but just feels a lot more alien. Not even very tenno, in particular the end bit. It's more along the grineer design lines which im NOT in favor off xD

I just wanna buy something back that i loved for years. You already HAVE the texture files. Please, let me buy it back.

On 2018-08-12 at 1:52 AM, imagemturbo said:

Nostalgia is also happiness.

One other suggestion would be pretty cool if we had the option to use the normal weapons skins in their prime versions.

THAT! I've considered using Kronen just as a cosmetic piece on specific warframes. I find it much better looking than Kronen Prime.
Now I have to choose between a combat upgrade and looks. Not to mention, that cosmetic takes up a weapon slot AND occupies the melee weapon.

I was happy to keep the looks on my Volt when I upgraded to prime. Could we get the same for weapons?

Luckily, I have the skin for Vectis which removes the crooked legs from the prime version. I know many would apply the regular looks to their Silva & Aegis Prime too.

Bottom line: we should be able to "downgrade" skins for the sake of fashion.

• 2 weeks later...

Two days until i get to meet the crew for TennoVIP 2018. Been a hot minute since i last saw them in 2015 when Steve held a drunk speech about the upcoming update for the following month... a cute little update called "The Second Dream".

I'll try and get this idea placed in their heads ^^

• 2 years later...
vor 18 Stunden schrieb Uthael:

Yeah, keep it up. I don't think there's a reason for this not to be in the game. How hard can it be to code this back as a cosmetic? Even it it's for April Fools' day.

Considering the engine changes this might not be THAT easy. But i do think it's worthwhile. Who would NOT want to feel like Neo? :>

• 1 month later...